Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  sheny 2/27/2014, 3:24 pm

Buenos wrote:
That's part of why I'm hesitant in assuming that  this SL is actually  about Kurt, even though he's the one injured.  It's too tempting to create SL's for characters who need them badly, such as Blaine to angst over Kurt's dilemma.   I don't mind that the other characters react to what happens to Kurt, they should, but it can easily just become a showcase for the others acting/singing.   Let's face facts,  Rachel is going to get a song,  and so is probably Blaine.  I accept that grudgingly.   The Question is will Kurt get a solo or number he can nail since he is supposedly the heart of the drama?  For all we know Rachel, Blaine, Mercedes and Sam will all sing about Kurt with their pretty tears.

I hope that Kurt will not  fulfill the role that Burt did in "Grilled Cheezus."  coool

They are all Kurt's friends and love him so of course they are going to have a big part in the episode and sing a few songs. But some people are making everything about Blaine or about Rachel, and the pain they will feel for almost losing a fiance/BFF. What kind of person says ”if they take the ring i swear to god” when Kurt is lying beaten and alone in a dark alley? Is that ring more important that a human life?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/27/2014, 3:33 pm

sheny wrote:
Buenos wrote:
That's part of why I'm hesitant in assuming that  this SL is actually  about Kurt, even though he's the one injured.  It's too tempting to create SL's for characters who need them badly, such as Blaine to angst over Kurt's dilemma.   I don't mind that the other characters react to what happens to Kurt, they should, but it can easily just become a showcase for the others acting/singing.   Let's face facts,  Rachel is going to get a song,  and so is probably Blaine.  I accept that grudgingly.   The Question is will Kurt get a solo or number he can nail since he is supposedly the heart of the drama?  For all we know Rachel, Blaine, Mercedes and Sam will all sing about Kurt with their pretty tears.

I hope that Kurt will not  fulfill the role that Burt did in "Grilled Cheezus."  coool

They are all Kurt's friends and love him so of course they are going to have a big part in the episode ans sing a few songs. But some people are making everything about Blaine or about Rachel, and the pain they will feel for almost losing a fiance/BFF.  
What kind of person says ”if they take the ring i swear to god”?

Good points. Someone who does not care about Kurt in my opinion says, something like, If They take the ring I swear to God. I don't ship Klaine ,but if I did I would be far far more concern about Kurt than a engagement ring which can be replace. Kurt's life if he was killed can not be replace.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 3:36 pm

The thing is that Kurt has to take the heavy drama in episodes like this because Chris is the most capable at handling that kind of acting. He does the heavy acting and the others take the songs because they just aren't strong enough to handle more than a couple of lines of heavy drama (even Lea can be hit or miss with the heavy stuff).

I honestly think this is going to be a pivotal episode for Darren as an actor (not for Blaine, but for Darren). I think how he acts in this episode is really going to show just how well he meshes into the NY cast. Obviously, Blaine needs to be a big part of this story, being that he is involved with Kurt (I couldn't say the f word), and also the fact he is gay and has that bashing history. Let's face it, he hasn't really had to play directly opposite Chris in very many heavy scenes, especially in the past year and a half, and he is either going to have to bring his game way up, or he will look like an amateur opposite what I'm sure will be some stellar dramatic acting from Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 4:19 pm

I"m curious how does Kurt react to being attacked in his nirvana, New York city? Yes, he's a pragmatic young man but he's still idealistic enough that he probably thought it couldn't happen to him this way once he was out of Lima, Ohio. Shirtless Santa stole from them but that was played for comedy.

Will Kurt get defensive, moody,will he lash out in anger?

Personally I hope after the fact they have Kurt get fucking angry at the world, the boy has every reason to lash out. For once, I do NOT want him to be the voice of reason. I want Kurt to be very very pissed off at things.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 4:37 pm

I'd love to see Kurt be angry, but use that anger to do something positive.  I'd love to see him stand up in front of a crowd, rally up the troops, and sing something like Make them Hear You from Ragtime (lyrics aren't perfect for the situation, but it's a good battle cry):

Go out and tell our story.
Let it echo far and wide.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

How justice was our battle
And how justice was denied.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And say to those who blame us
For the way we chose to fight
That sometimes there are battles
That are more than black or white...
And I could not put down my sword
When justice was my right.
Make them hear you.
Go out and tell our story
To your daughters and your sons.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And tell them, in our struggle,
We were no the only ones.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.
Your sword can be a sermon
Or the power of the pen.
Teach every child to raise his voice
And then, my brothers, then
Will justice be demanded
By ten million righteous men.
Make them hear you.
When they hear you,
I'll be near you
Again.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 4:59 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'd love to see Kurt be angry, but use that anger to do something positive.  I'd love to see him stand up in front of a crowd, rally up the troops, and sing something like Make them Hear You from Ragtime (lyrics aren't perfect for the situation, but it's a good battle cry):

Sure, but I don't want Kurt turned into a moral mouthpiece once again by the writers.  For example, I want Kurt to not want to be the voice of reason initially, or resist being some sort of poster child.  I'd rather he work trough his anger/traumas and fears.  I want him upset that he's nervous walking down the street, and he's pissed hes' in that situation.

I am so tired of people flinging the accusation that Kurt is "St. Kurt" gay icon.  He's an interesting character with flaws and qualities and I want that to shine though more than a gay PSA billboard thing for Kurt.

TBH, it's high time that Kurt got an interesting career SL arc, a production or stage role.  It's ridiculous that he hasn't gotten any stage role while Rachel, Blaine, Santana have had several onscreen stage roles.  It's insane. It's like saying someone in story wants to be a doctor and never set them in a hospital/medical setting .

Last edited by Buenos on 2/27/2014, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2014, 5:02 pm

i am glad it was kurt who has this SL. imaging if it is blaine... won't you guys explode w/ sarcasm?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 5:04 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The thing is that Kurt has to take the heavy drama in episodes like this because Chris is the most capable at handling that kind of acting.  He does the heavy acting and the others take the songs because they just aren't strong enough to handle more than a couple of lines of heavy drama (even Lea can be hit or miss with the heavy stuff).

See, I just don't buy this shit. I'm not upset with you Jellyrolls, but it frustrates me that people say this all the time.

Take this Santana/Rachel drama, both girls had acting AND singing. Take the cheating SL, Blaine had both acting and singing . Even Chord who is a barely competent actor and mediocre singer gets both when the show wants to focus on him.

With only 4-5 leading characters left on Glee, there no longer is a built in excuse not give Kurt both SL and song focus. It may happen now, so I'll wait and see.

Last edited by Buenos on 2/27/2014, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/27/2014, 5:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I honestly think this is going to be a pivotal episode for Darren as an actor (not for Blaine, but for Darren).  I think how he acts in this episode is really going to show just how well he meshes into the NY cast.  Obviously, Blaine needs to be a big part of this story, being that he is involved with Kurt (I couldn't say the f word), and also the fact he is gay and has that bashing history.  Let's face it, he hasn't really had to play directly opposite Chris in very many heavy scenes, especially in the past year and a half, and he is either going to have to bring his game way up, or he will look like an amateur opposite what I'm sure will be some stellar dramatic acting from Chris.

Admittedly Darren is much better when he's working with Chris. Chris definately forces him to up his game and he's much more convincing in his performances. The last really good performance by Darren was in The Break Up and that is due directly to his work with Chris. His performances got lazy and very, very sloppy when he worked with Chord, and his dramatic scenes were pretty laughable.

The sad thing for Darren is that it's going to cement the impression that on his own, he's very week and he really can't function without having a much stronger actor to carry him. Nothing he did after TBU in season for was noticed for any particular excellence and with him in the lead position, the entire McKinley storyline floundered. Admittedly he was hamstrung by bad writting and the noobs who couldn't generate excitement if their lives depended on it, but he did nothing to elevate the material he was given. His performances lacked depth and nuance and scenes that were meant to be dramatic came off as unintentionally comical. He proved that he is ok (though not exceptional) as a supporting player, but he certainly isn't ready for lead roles.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 5:28 pm

I try not to get frustrated too much nor focus on Blaine/Darren for an obvious reason.

It is the WRITERS who device these storylines and Ryan Murphy picks the songs and singers.

With only 4-5 characters left on the show, and even now it appears that Naya/Santana is gone for at least episodes 14 and 15, Glee will have to focus on Rachel, Kurt, Blaine and and Sam for 2 episodes, with some Artie and Mercedes. That is NOT a lot of characters to have to give SL and song focus. It is more than enough to give everyone focus TBH. Unlike others, I really don't a rat's ass if Blam or Blaine gets SL or focus as long as Kurt/Chris gets his own. There is so much potential now they got rid of the albatross that McKinley had turned into. No more turns for Becky or Bree or some peripheral character that leads to nothing. Even Sue and poor Will were getting tired and worn out because they had nothing new to say about them.

Say what you will about this weeks "Frenemies" but focusing on Rachel/Santana/Kurt/Elliot was a huge improvement over juvenile valedictorian HS stories rehashed in the 5th year of endless High school.

The Noobs weren't horrible to me, but they were sort of irrelevant and useless, for all that I thought they were talented kids.

Even Klaine, I wouldn't mind if the writers wrote stories for them as a COUPLE, but will they?

The only conflict these writers seem to know is jealousy/cheating/ to makeup break up. So yea, I want NY front and center and can't wait because...

only two McKinley centric episodes left..!!

bounce  bounce  bounce 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/27/2014, 5:55 pm

McKinley suffered for two major reasons. One, unquestionably, was the absence of the really strong characters and actors that made the first three seasons (even with poor writing) work. Lea, Chris, Cory and Naya were able to take crap material and make it crackle. And while Harry, Amber, Diana and Mark weren't on their level, they all put in some pretty great performances. Jenna and Kevin are very good actors, but Kevin was mostly backgound filler and Jenna's character was so badly shredded that she became unbearable to watch.

The other issue is that they didn't have a decent original storyline in the bunch. How many times did we have to sit through proms, show choir competitions, crushes, romantic triangles? With each attempt to re-tell the same story, and with weaker characters and actors at the core, is it any surprise that no one cared?

The writing was on the wall for a long time that the choir room was not the reason people were watching the show. It is the hubris of RIB that refused to acknowledge the damage theyd did to an enormously successful show that was a regular winner of prestigious awards and now the best they can hope for are PCAs. Even when the audience was pulling away in droves and the few of us remaining were clammoring for a shift in focus to the characters that held our attention from the start, the show runners insisted on keeping the focus on tired stories with bland characters. They kept insisting that more time was needed for the new cast to gel and gain audience acceptance, and they nearly killed the show altogether in the process.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 2/27/2014, 6:11 pm

Ok, I can and do nod along with much of your posts but, when you say Jenna is a very good actor, I must protest, Ranwing! A good singer, a lovely looking woman and a sweet person she may be but a good actor is one laudatory step too far!!! I am undecided if she or Heather are the worst; let us call it a tie. Lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2014, 6:21 pm

she is better than heather, except heather is a more "natural". that's my humble and unprofessional opinion.  Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/27/2014, 7:45 pm

They shot more for the alley scene, paramedics arriving for Kurt.

Don't know who else is in this scene.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 7:58 pm

So I guess Matt Morrison is out for the rest of the season, and probably the first part of season 6 too:

Matthew Morrison to Star in Weinstein’s ‘Finding Neverland’

By PATRICK HEALY

February 27, 2014

The theater and television actor Matthew Morrison will join Harvey Weinstein’s first major theater project — the musical “Finding Neverland” — in the role of J.M. Barrie, the creator of Peter Pan, according to two theater executives with knowledge of the casting.
Mr. Morrison is now preparing for a developmental workshop of the show in March, which — if all goes well — will be followed by the American premiere in late summer at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass., the executives said on Thursday. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the Weinstein Company has yet to officially announce the casting and production plans.

“Finding Neverland,” about the growing bonds between Barrie and a woman and her young boys, which becomes the inspiration for “Peter Pan,” is the first show to be shepherded by Mr. Weinstein, the veteran film producer who has invested in Broadway productions for years. Based on a 2004 film with the same title that starred Johnny Depp as Barrie, the musical drew mixed reviews during its world premiere in the fall of 2012 in Leicester, England. Mr. Weinstein had been aiming to bring the show to London in spring 2013; instead he overhauled the creative team, hiring Tony Award winner Diane Paulus (“Pippin”) as the director and the British musician Gary Barlow to write new songs.

The current trajectory for the musical is the run in Cambridge followed by performances next winter in London and then a production on Broadway during the 2015-16 season.

Mr. Morrison is best known as the high school singing coach Will Schuester on “Glee,” a performance that earned him a best actor Emmy Award nomination in 2010. He has also been in several Broadway musicals, including the “South Pacific” revival in 2008 and “Light in the Piazza” in 2005; he received a featured actor Tony Award nomination for “Piazza.”

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 27artsbeat-morrison-articleInline

Matthew Morrison
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/27/2014, 8:10 pm

So I was talking to The Crissettes on twitter about this and since we know that Kurt,Blaine,Rachel, and Sam are going to memorial for Russ where they are singing “No One Is Alone”. And we are like who is the Russ guy and if you go back to the GP episode to where Kurt is in class the guy Russ is the same guy that he is sitting next to in his acting class. So Kurt knows the guy and that would seem like the reason why they are going to memorial. Here is photo i put together of the screen cap from GP and the BTS photo we had.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Tumblr_inline_n1obmm8HiU1radiyi

I understand this person is usually Chris’ stunt double and why he was on set with them the other night.

So, Kurt knew this Russ.

Kind of ironic that Chris's stunt double is playing the guy that dies so to speak.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 8:16 pm

Yup, this pretty much confirms they were writing out Matt for the rest of S5 but of course nobody wanted to go ahead and say it.  

I mean they already said they weren't revisiting Ohio anymore for the rest of the season and Matt let out that he won't be going to NY so geeze, I mean , two plus two equals four.   coool 

Suspect that it's nothing but NY with a smaller cast from here until  the end of the run.  Jane may make a few appearances but I suspect she's more guest star since she's got her TV game show that I suspect NBC wants to use more of.   They will use her for marketing and stuff but Jane is always in demand somewhere.

What's laughable is the concept that McKinley will be resurrected next year with another Noob  cast and voila! a new Split narrative , because the last one went down so well.  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Buenos on 2/27/2014, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 8:17 pm

ColferInspired wrote:So I was talking to The Crissettes on twitter about this and since we know that Kurt,Blaine,Rachel, and Sam are going to memorial for Russ where they are singing “No One Is Alone”. And we are like who is the Russ guy and if you go back to the GP episode to where Kurt is in class the guy Russ is the same guy that he is sitting next to in his acting class. So Kurt knows the guy and that would seem like the reason why they are going to memorial. Here is photo i put together of the screen cap from GP and the BTS photo we had.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Tumblr_inline_n1obmm8HiU1radiyi

I understand this person is usually Chris’ stunt double and why he was on set with them the other night.

So, Kurt knew this Russ.
So that will be a double blow and trauma for Kurt then? First when a classmate gets attacked and maybe die, and then Kurt himself.
Swell.  dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2014, 8:18 pm

I'm...I don't know what to say by this discovery, as it takes me aback that it seems Glee is doing a coherence storyline. Because this Russ guy could have been a random boy,what I partly think still is, but instead they picked a boy who indirectly had interaction with Kurt, well were in the same room, and give him an story. But by other side, and stop being shallow, poor Kurt.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2014, 8:47 pm

about Matt: good for him, and it's clear that mr. schue is no more.

about Russ: i am not completely sure that they intended him to be the same classmate of kurt's. he (the actor) could just be an extra they recycled, like the chubby warbler guy who used to wonder the hallway of mckinley in S1.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2014, 8:56 pm

fantastica wrote:about Matt: good for him, and it's clear that mr. schue is no more.

about Russ: i am not completely sure that they intended him to be the same classmate of kurt's. he (the actor) could just be an extra they recycled, like the chubby warbler guy who used to wonder the hallway of mckinley in S1.  

You have a point there. Writers never explained that chubby guy from dalton was previously in MK, the fans were the ones who did the connection (He probably transferred schools), so the same could happen with this guy.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 9:03 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Tumblr_n1oi5pDQLH1qe476yo3_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 9:04 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Tumblr_n1oi5pDQLH1qe476yo1_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Tumblr_n1oi5pDQLH1qe476yo2_1280
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/27/2014, 9:04 pm

Chris/Kurt creates buzz for Glee.

A lot of the media talked about with "Frenemies" was Kurt and Elliott, this was what they were excited about.

Ryan tried to pull focus from Chris/Kurt with the noobs, Blam and Blaine and it failed, so why would Fox want all the focus on Blaine/Blam when it added to the bad ratings?

Chris gets high praise when he does drama, people talk about, his dramatic scenes are remembered.

Chris is right now their strongest actor on the show.

With all the effort they appear to be putting in "Bash" why would they want to ruin it by giving most of the story to someone who won't be able to handle it?

I think Fox has been embarrassed enough and would hate to be embarrassed again.

I know ones are upset on tumblr that once again Kurt is a victim, but the thing is Kurt is a character people care about and talk about.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 9:05 pm

GLEE: Kurt (Chris Colfer), Dani (guest star Demi Lovato) and Elliott (guest star Adam Lambert) perform in the “Trio” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, March 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©️2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Adam Rose/FOX [UHQ]

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 34e093310977927

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 46f061310977934

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 30 Ad9b8a310977940

-ETA-
Lol, ninja'd.

Who would have thought: Chris singing with Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert.  crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next