Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 12:41 pm

Oh yeah, to make it clear I don't mind Kurt's fears and insecurities, mind you that is part of why he's the most well developed character on the show.

The whole rock number with Elliot with the guitar riffs,  wub wub 

I'm surprised in a good way that Adam Lambert seems to have a genial screen presence, some acting charisma that comes through.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  coxfire 2/25/2014, 12:47 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
My boy Kurt is FINALLY in a rock/metal number !!!!!!! i have been waiting for this for 5 years. I know Metallica is out of the question (Nothing Else Matters being the only possible candidate), i only have one more wish, and that is for him to do some heavenly Queen (Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, I Want It All,...)

As you said, Chris of course isn't suited for all kind of rock songs, I can hardly see him on Megadeth, Slipknot or Rammstein, but as far as glamrock, britrock, britpop, pop-rock goes, Chris could easily tackle these styles. Plus, these are musical styles very seldom on Glee, and it'd be nice to hear some of it for a change (although I doubt we'll ever hear such a thing as metal on Glee. The closest might have been Van Halen's Hot for Teacher)

Just a quip: IBIATCL isn't a metal song at all, it is definitely glam! To purists, it is like saying Gaga sings like Streisand!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2014, 12:50 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm surprised in a good way that Adam Lambert seems to have a genial screen presence, some acting charisma that comes through.
me too. his scene in pretty little liars was PAINFUL, but he was playing himself which is always weird, so maybe that was part of the problem.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 2/25/2014, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2014, 12:52 pm

Adam's done his time in the theater trenches, so his more than decent acting chops don't come as any real surprise to me. He also has amazing stage and screen charisma which certainly help, as does the genuine friendship and respect that he shares with Chris.

For all the times that Kurt has been forced to be isolated from every male character on the show and not allowed to associate with any of them unless he had a crush on them or was dating them, it is so refreshing for him to actually have a male friend who understands him. Someone who doesn't make him feel like there's something wrong with how he acts or feels. I like that Elliot calls Kurt out on what he's doing, but doesn't beat him over the head with it and makes him feel like an asshole for being wary and insecure.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2014, 12:53 pm

coxfire wrote:
Just a quip: IBIATCL isn't a metal song at all, it is definitely glam! To purists, it is like saying Gaga sings like Streisand!
it's glam rock, but those riffs and solos are very classic hard rock/metal like (And it's sadly as close as i'm going to get on glee  :( ). i feel that the glee version is slightly harder the the original that had a slightly softer and higher vocal.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 12:58 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
Buenos wrote:I'm surprised in a good way that Adam Lambert seems to have a genial screen presence, some acting charisma that comes through.
me too. his scene in pretty little liars was PAINFUL, but he was playing himself which is always weird, so maybe that was part of the problem.
I think it also helps that Adam genuinely likes (and admires) Chris, and they seem to get along really well in rl. Adam wanted to work with Chris, and Chris is clearly a big fan of Adam's singing.

That dynamic is basically the same between Elliot and Kurt in the show.
Including the sexual chemistry, imo, and Chris is Adam's type.  phr34r
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/25/2014, 1:05 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
it's glam rock, but those riffs and solos are very classic hard rock/metal like (And it's sadly as close as i'm going to get on glee  :( ). i feel that the glee version is slightly harder the the original that had a slightly softer and higher vocal.

I might agree on the hardrock part then, but metal...not so much... (cue the long hours of debate of hardrock vs metal I had in my youth with my bandmates...) Wink !!

Yes, Glee's version has been hardened, it is not overtly obvious, but guitars are louder, yeah.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2014, 1:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:
I think it also helps that Adam genuinely likes (and admires) Chris, and they seem to get along really well in rl. Adam wanted to work with Chris, and Chris is clearly a big fan of Adam's singing.

That dynamic is basically the same between Elliot and Kurt in the show.
Including the sexual chemistry, imo, and Chris is Adam's type.  phr34r
really??? i thought he was into blonds looking at few of his boyfriends.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 1:07 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
coxfire wrote:

banzai  banzai 
This, that one guitar riff!

Too bad Adam is probably through with Glee, they could have experimented with more genres but two duets and three group numbers is better than nothing.  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 1:22 pm

^I confess I only got that info from tumblr, so you could be right. Maybe it's more about body frame than hair color?

(Lol, I don't even care, as I don't ship rl.)

coxfire wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

I might agree on the hardrock part then, but metal...not so much... (cue the long hours of debate of hardrock vs metal I had in my youth with my bandmates...)  Wink !!

Yes, Glee's version has been hardened, it is not overtly obvious, but guitars are louder, yeah.
With the lowered key and the guitar riffs I think IBIATCL wanders a bit out of the glam rock and into the hard rock style.

And I like it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 18 2abc1509-f799-4aec-ba8a-2c16f578514
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/25/2014, 1:23 pm

glee cast teases an emotional graduation, big return appearances and a baby!

Glee is back with new episodes Tuesday (8/7c, Fox), and after two months off the air, New Directioners both old and new have a lot of ground to cover.

In addition to teaching important whiteboard lessons on frenemies and trios, the next batch of episodes will bid adieu to another group of McKinley High seniors as Blaine (Darren Criss), Sam (Chord Overstreet) Artie (Kevin McHale) and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) get their diplomas and get out of Lima, Ohio. (They, like the show itself, will move to the Big Apple.) However, the Fox musical will also welcome back many familiar faces when Glee celebrates its 100th episode with a two-parter beginning March 18. So what’s coming up for everyone’s favorite underdogs? Read on for 5 teases from the cast:

1. A baby! Fortunately, his time we’re not referring to a panicked pregnancy test from Rachel (Lea Michele), Quinn (Dianna Agron), Bree (Erinn Westbrook) or any else not even old enough to drink. When asked about how his character might pop up in New York City, Matthew Morrison let the happy news slip. “Mr. Schue is going to have a family pretty soon, so I can’t see him leaving his family and then following his Broadway dreams unless he packs up the kid,” Morrison said. We can already see the tiny locks of curly hair!

2. An emotional goodbye: Before Mr. Schue can add to his growing brood, he will have to say goodbye to another class of graduating seniors. “It kind of made me feel like what a real teacher goes through, the revolving door of students just coming and going,” Morrison said. The occasion will also be “bittersweet” for the lower class men, according to Alex Newell. ”It’s like a chapter closing to see their characters go off and do bigger and better things,” Newell said. Added Jacob Artist: “It is a really emotional and exciting episode. It’s fun. I think people will really enjoy it.”

3. A new romance for Sam:  Michelle was tight-lipped about whether Rachel may be the latest character to lock lips with Trouty Mouth after she helped him with his burgeoning modeling career. However, Overstreet teased that there will be someone from Sam’s past who may hold the key to his romantic future. “Sam is going to be a male model or trying to be a male model. He has a rough go at it at first and deals with hardships,” he said. “There are certain people that come back into the mix when I go to New York that I may be involved with romantically.” And if male modeling doesn’t work out for Sam, Overstreet is more than willing to resurrect his White Chocolate stripper persona to make some extra cash. “I just think that I would be back on the poles since I’m going to New York. I’ve been pitching that, but after Magic Mike, it kind of ruined it for all of us,” he said with a laugh.

4. The end of the road for New Directions? After years of scheming and plotting, Principal Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) might just finally get her way and successfully disband the glee club. “She’s now principal so she’s got the welfare of the entire school on her mind,” Lynch said. “It’s not so much she wants to destroy the glee club. She wants the school to thrive and she asks the glee club to reach a certain bar and they did not achieve it, so funds being what they are, she had to let them go.” However, two very special guests will flock to Lima to help save the club: Kristen Chenoweth’s April Rhodes and Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday.  ”They came back because they’re trying to save the glee club,” Morrison said. “I got to have a song with both of them, so that was really a blast.”

5. A long-distance love story: Pretty much all of Glee's beloved couples, including “Finnchel”, “Klaine” and “Brittana” hit serious rough patches as soon as college started, but Becca Tobin is hopeful about Kitty and Artie's chances. “I'm a one man kind of woman these days,” she said. “I think the show is very realistic and I'm sure we'll face the normal complications of the long-distance relationship, but I love the relationship and watching it has been really sweet. Playing with him has been so fun, so I hope that they stick together.” Meanwhile, Jake (Artist) will still be embracing his inner bad boy after cheating on Marley (Melissa Benoist) and subsequently getting the heave-ho. “I'm throwing music stands over, riding on my scooter, all that good stuff,” Artist said.

Glee returns with new episodes on Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox.

www.tvguide.com

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 1:28 pm

1. A baby! Fortunately, his time we’re not referring to a panicked pregnancy test from Rachel (Lea Michele), Quinn (Dianna Agron), Bree (Erinn Westbrook) or any else not even old enough to drink. When asked about how his character might pop up in New York City, Matthew Morrison let the happy news slip. “Mr. Schue is going to have a family pretty soon, so I can’t see him leaving his family and then following his Broadway dreams unless he packs up the kid,” Morrison said. We can already see the tiny locks of curly hair!

I'm picking up from this that Matt's days as a regular on Glee are history. Guest starring on Glee in S6 to wrap things up. Just don't see him making anymore S5 appearances TBH.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/25/2014, 1:41 pm

sheny wrote:
glee cast teases an emotional graduation, big return appearances and a baby!

Glee is back with new episodes Tuesday (8/7c, Fox), and after two months off the air, New Directioners both old and new have a lot of ground to cover.

In addition to teaching important whiteboard lessons on frenemies and trios, the next batch of episodes will bid adieu to another group of McKinley High seniors as Blaine (Darren Criss), Sam (Chord Overstreet) Artie (Kevin McHale) and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) get their diplomas and get out of Lima, Ohio. (They, like the show itself, will move to the Big Apple.) However, the Fox musical will also welcome back many familiar faces when Glee celebrates its 100th episode with a two-parter beginning March 18. So what’s coming up for everyone’s favorite underdogs? Read on for 5 teases from the cast:

2. An emotional goodbye: Before Mr. Schue can add to his growing brood, he will have to say goodbye to another class of graduating seniors. “It kind of made me feel like what a real teacher goes through, the revolving door of students just coming and going,” Morrison said. The occasion will also be “bittersweet” for the lower class men, according to Alex Newell. ”It’s like a chapter closing to see their characters go off and do bigger and better things,” Newell said. Added Jacob Artist: “It is a really emotional and exciting episode. It’s fun. I think people will really enjoy it.”

3. A new romance for Sam:  Michelle was tight-lipped about whether Rachel may be the latest character to lock lips with Trouty Mouth after she helped him with his burgeoning modeling career. However, Overstreet teased that there will be someone from Sam’s past who may hold the key to his romantic future. “Sam is going to be a male model or trying to be a male model. He has a rough go at it at first and deals with hardships,” he said. “There are certain people that come back into the mix when I go to New York that I may be involved with romantically.” And if male modeling doesn’t work out for Sam, Overstreet is more than willing to resurrect his White Chocolate stripper persona to make some extra cash. “I just think that I would be back on the poles since I’m going to New York. I’ve been pitching that, but after Magic Mike, it kind of ruined it for all of us,” he said with a laugh.

4. The end of the road for New Directions? After years of scheming and plotting, Principal Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) might just finally get her way and successfully disband the glee club. “She’s now principal so she’s got the welfare of the entire school on her mind,” Lynch said. “It’s not so much she wants to destroy the glee club. She wants the school to thrive and she asks the glee club to reach a certain bar and they did not achieve it, so funds being what they are, she had to let them go.” However, two very special guests will flock to Lima to help save the club: Kristen Chenoweth’s April Rhodes and Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday.  ”They came back because they’re trying to save the glee club,” Morrison said. “I got to have a song with both of them, so that was really a blast.”

5. A long-distance love story: Pretty much all of Glee's beloved couples, including “Finnchel”, “Klaine” and “Brittana” hit serious rough patches as soon as college started, but Becca Tobin is hopeful about Kitty and Artie's chances. “I'm a one man kind of woman these days,” she said. “I think the show is very realistic and I'm sure we'll face the normal complications of the long-distance relationship, but I love the relationship and watching it has been really sweet. Playing with him has been so fun, so I hope that they stick together.” Meanwhile, Jake (Artist) will still be embracing his inner bad boy after cheating on Marley (Melissa Benoist) and subsequently getting the heave-ho. “I'm throwing music stands over, riding on my scooter, all that good stuff,” Artist said.

Glee returns with new episodes on Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox.

www.tvguide.com

Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if Artitty will survive. I had thought that they might try to find a way to keep Becca/Kitty, since she is the most successful of the Newbies.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 1:45 pm

sheny wrote:
Poor newbies, Having to be "excited" for the next episodes, selling Glee when they will be kicked to the curb.

I know they basically did the same with the old cast, but still.....   Mad 

Oh goodie, just what I was waiting for: a storyline of Sam becoming a male model.  Sleep

So Samcedes will be back on. I liked Sam with Mercedes, tbh. And phew: it means Rachel will dodge the bullet.

So the new ND loses at Nationals. What a bitter ending for what used to be the show's main narrative to root for.
Ryan is doing his 'scorched earth' hissy fit again.

I hope Becca knows more and they occasionally let Kitty pop up in New York to be with Artie. She's the only newbie I like to see there (although I like Jacob's dancing and Alex's singing).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/25/2014, 1:51 pm

It is really silly that the bar that the Glee club would have to meet to receive funding is "win Nationals." One team in the country does that. So unless ND does something unbelievably stupid (cheating?), Sue's actions will seem like a vendetta. Or convenient excuse to end that side of the show.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 1:54 pm

AnneNeville wrote:It is really silly that the bar that the Glee club would have to meet to receive funding is "win Nationals." One team in the country does that. So unless ND does something unbelievably stupid (cheating?), Sue's actions will seem like a vendetta. Or convenient excuse to end that side of the show.

The Glee club helped with Sue's sisters' funeral, she is a frigging MOTHER at this point with a needs baby who one would think is empathetic to kids dreams, and she had just aknowledged how Finn was going to be  a teacher and leader of Glee. So she is doing the one thing to destroy Finn's legacy and wishes.  Shocked 

Her character at this point is just so cartoonish unbelievable and a joke.  Not in a good way anymore.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 1:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

Poor newbies, Having to be "excited" for the next episodes, selling Glee when they will be kicked to the curb.

I know they basically did the same with the old cast, but still.....   Mad

Why beat around the bush, Glee?.  They are FIRING them mid season.    That is a  pretty public humiliation and announcement that they just didn't cut it.

Ryan Murphy the patron saint of the Noobs (and they were his "vision")  of course will try to spin the obvious fact  that FOX cut off his balls on network TV. Smile
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2014, 2:09 pm

Buenos wrote:

I'm picking up from this that Matt's  days as a regular on Glee are history.  Guest starring on Glee in S6 to wrap things up.  Just don't see him making anymore S5 appearances TBH.

It would be great for Schu to be an example of life not working out the way you expected, but you're still happy as a result. Maybe showing that if you don't follow your original path that you planned that your life doesn't have to be awful. That you can find a life path that is just as fulfilling and important, even if you don't filfull your dream of being a big star (and that maybe some things are too important to sacrifice in order to follow that path).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 2:27 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 18 Tumblr_n1kagqXF0b1r4ezfzo1_1280

All these photos just scream " Good luck, Matt and best wishes." phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2014, 2:39 pm

That was a long article to spend so much time on stuff that is going away.  

Glorfindel wrote:
So the new ND loses at Nationals. What a bitter ending for what used to be the show's main narrative to root for.
Ryan is doing his 'scorched earth' hissy fit again.

So if the new ND loses at Nationals, I bet Blaine gets the MVP award (like Unique did last year).  I mean, poor cuppy cake Blainey Boy can't be a loser when he is a senior, so let the team lose, and him win.  I mean, he is perfect, right?   vomir

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 2/25/2014, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 2:49 pm

I just can't get riled up about Blaine winning again.  It's just so  boring.  It's like Sue being a villain again , it's so predictable and ho hum it doesn't mean anything.  

Will is not going to NY, that is what I get from these spoilers.

Sam and Mercedes seems to going back on, that is one way to try to keep Sam relevant, because as a male model it's a dead end joke SL for him.

Plus maybe it's just me but Kurt gets prettier and more gorgeous all the time.

Santana needs to make another appearance on set this week, I'm just saying. Shocked 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 3:21 pm

^I'm getting seriously worried about Santana's fate in the show.  unsure

Jellyrolls wrote:So if the new ND loses at Nationals, I bet Blaine gets the MVP award (like Unique did last year).  I mean, poor cuppy cake Blainey Boy can't be a loser when he is a senior, so let the team lose, and him win.  I mean, he is perfect, right?   vomir
Oh God, I hadn't thought of that yet.  ohmy

But yeah, probably. Just like he gets the only solo at Nationals and Valedictorian, so why not add MVP?  dryy 

I don't believe even the more rational Blaine fans would be happy with all that glorifying.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/25/2014, 3:25 pm

Why are you worried about Santana's fate on the show?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 2/25/2014, 3:41 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 18 Tumblr_n1jci94gBO1ql1znmo2_r1_500

I read somewhere that Chris was by Lea's side all night, when you think that normally Cory would have been with her at this kind of event, it shows how much empathy and thoughtfulness he has, supporting her in this way
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2014, 3:42 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I don't believe even the more rational Blaine fans would be happy with all that glorifying.

But how many rational Blaine fans are there?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next