Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Kurt addict 2/25/2014, 8:12 am

Can anyone suggest places I can download this episode' I am not sure the rest of series5 will be sreaned in Britain as there is no sign of it so far on sky listings
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  ColferInspired 2/25/2014, 8:18 am

Kurt addict wrote:Can anyone suggest places I can download this episode' I am not sure the rest of series5 will be sreaned  in Britain as there is no sign of it so far on sky listings

I usually wait until it comes up on torrentz.com.  neutre 

I usually get a AVI or MP4 as they work on my computer.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/25/2014, 8:22 am

ColferInspired wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Can understand why Darren might be apprehensive about his character moving to NY (and he's been so for quite some time). At McKinley, he was the star. He wasn't having to compete with Lea and Chris (both far stronger actors than he is). He got the overwhelming majority of the screen time and the song performances. And since the McKinley storyline was give the majority of screentime, his stories got the most time and focus. He got Blam and Blina and a whole episode devoted to his psychosis and even in the aftermath of his character's cheating, Blaine was given exclusive focus (which allowed for a sympathetic focus).

Now all that is going to change and Darren knows that he can't stand up against Lea and Chris (and Naya). Maybe he's finally recognized that the audience isn't thrilled with his storylines and thinks that he has monopolized the show for too long and now the changes will not benefit him the way they have in the past. If that's the case, then maybe he has good reason to be worried.

I did hear they have hired new writers.

If they are writing adult stories they will need their best talent to deliver them.

And the ones that put in the hard work.

Darren was all hyped up about Blaine moving to New York, but now that seems to have changed.  humhum

You guys are giving me hope  Shocked I was just really super depressed, but then when I read what you guys are saying it makes sense, Darren has been rather nasty and grumpy lately, maybe Glee might change and maybe he is not up to par with the new and mature writing and scenes that only serious actors can handle?

I read those disgusting Klaine scenes the Klainers bought and I actually write tv scripts and movie scripts in my free time, I am no expert what so ever, but it seems like Glee writers have to write Disney channel kids scenes when Darren and Klaine is involved, well at least the old writers. That Love Love Love script was gross and embarrassing to read, I wonder if the person who wrote that is one of the Blaine stan writers?

I hope you guys are right! Maybe we do have hope :)Maybe Darren will stay being lazy and tick off his boss by making it even more obvious how F rated his acting is compared to more A and B list actors on Glee  Twisted Evil  Yes Darren, go ahead and fail performing an more mature and adult scene,  ptdr  your puppy dog eyes and constipated faces wont save you this time! moque  You have to relay on acting and talent, not the same three facial expressions you use for 'depth' I can not wait! My hope is back you guys! Thank you so much for pointing that out  fufufu rooots hola

Ryan has been giving nearly everyone on the McKinley side no challenge whatsoever, the stories are recycled, the actors haven't had to try all that hard.

And now Chord was giving the middle finger

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Tumblr_inline_n1j1jfvXxi1r5tgyb

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Tumblr_inline_n1j1jvWX861r5tgyb

Chris and Lea look really relaxed in the pics.  wub

Chord, just like Darren, is so unclassy (Did someone on this post mention Darren being rude at a reporter? And Darren also made a fan feel like shit for that 'photobomb' incident)  Rolling Eyes I think Blam is feeling the burn of no one giving a rats ass about them and OverCriss may or may not have ranted to eachother about their glory days on Glee about to soon be over and they mope about it over a few cases of beer  dryy  I think they both feel the heat coming up!

They know they can not compete with Chris, Lea, and Naya, Lima it was easy for them to be idiots and sing pointless songs, now they will be in New York and have to match up in acting talents with actors that can actually, well, act. I know I would be nscared shit less if I had to compete with actors the audience actually wants to see when I pratically had a whole year of being hand fed screen time and money and solos and plublicity, I am certain they are pissed for losing any perks and plublicity they got from Glee and them being the center of attention in Lima (Even though a few mil viewers LEFT because they was the main focus  dryy  Rolling Eyes )

Chord can actually have decent scenes with strong actors, he eases into a role by feeding off his partners energy and not try to upstage them, he knows his place and never tries to be a scene stealer,  like in season 2 and 3 he played well at being a nice back ground character who was not in your face, a character people thought was sweet and nice to have around and that was great! But then Bram happened and Sam lost his Brain and them Blam happened and Sam lost his mind, characterization, personality, and character development and Chord's bad acting stood out very bad because he could not work with Darren's even more mediocre and untalented acting. But one thing I could say about Chord is that he was not always bad playing Sam, he knew his place as a background character then and never over welcomed his stay nor did he try to out shine the main characters like Darren did,  I will give Chord credit for that at least.

Darren on the other hand is super lazy yet he tries very hard to be the center of attention and tries to upstage' other actors by being over dramatic because he is a theater graduate and because he tries too hard, his emotions and acting fails and comes off real armature and  down graded, that is why they mostly gave him solos after solos during season 4 (He sung 38 times that season,  over twice as much as over half of the people on the shows cast) the rest of the actors like Chord and Jenna was down graded to prop up his characters so that way he did not have to try so hard, no wonder why he never wins any awards or get any media out side of playing Kurt Hummel's boy friend!

Also, speaking of Darren riding Chris coat tails, the only person who can fully carry his lazy weight in scenes is Chris, that is why Klainers depend on Klaine scenes so much, they know with Chris in the picture Darren would get noticed by the media for 2 seconds because Chris acting is so real and people always are awed when Chris does an emotional scene. Too bad Darren can not give back anything for Chris to work off, chris has to basically carry every Klaine scene by himself while Darren makes scrunched up faces and huffs alot and whine because he thinks that is how an upset gay boy should act  Evil or Very Mad , he admits that he is lazy himself, he said he makes no efforts and it shows. Rolling Eyes 

Blaine and Sam have been ruling Lima throughout season 4 to season 5, They must have been releived to have lots of sings and solos and playing best buds and that part with Blaine crushing on Blaine was ignored because they knew nothing would ever happen. Honestly I think Darren prefer Blam since he does not really have to be 'gay' or you know, kiss or touch another guy, some straight actors who play gay roles aren't eager to constantly be intimate with their scene partners (Or it could be that Darren and Chris are both uncomfortable with scenes like that because of Klainers and Crisscolfer stans)

Darren and Chord are good friends, they bond over having small mediocre talent and 'looks' and being the best dude bros from good families that are famous,(Chord's) or come from money (Darren's) Rolling Eyes Glee is their big break and they basically was the undeserving stars for a whole complete season. They depended highly on that PCA and lost horribly, no more itunes sales money from their pointless duets and solos for them! They must have made a deal about winning the PCA to RIB and since they didn't, they had to face some consequences, yes I am being evil and hopeful, can't help it  Twisted Evil 

I can see why they might get a bit bitter or worried sharing Screen time with Originals who are ten times better than them, they know they can be easily replaced (Once Klaine ends, Blaine goes because no one cares about him out of high school unless he is involved with Kurt and so does his side kick Sam, that is why Sam is counting on Samchele or if Mercedes come back, no matter that he is a racist, Samcedes  Mad ) and that worries them.

I think that Darren and Chord knows that they aren't talented enough to shine on Glee with the New York cast, especially that Glee will be more intimate with fewer characters, Glee is so used to have so many characters that you can get easily distracted by someone else story line or plot and that way Blam and Blaine was easily able to get away with random pointless solos, but now that their isn't much people to focus on, all eyes will be on them and people will judge their bad acting and compare their performances to Chris, Lea, and Naya's and that must scare them! I hope they just give up soon and let themselves become back ground characters again, because if not I am certain they will embarrass themselves as actors and make the Glee fandom hate their characters even more than they already do.  dryy

(I was throwing a lot of shade up there! Please let me know if I am going to far, I will delete it, I do not want to make anyone too mad at me  Embarassed )
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 8:30 am

Kurt addict wrote:Can anyone suggest places I can download this episode' I am not sure the rest of series5 will be sreaned  in Britain as there is no sign of it so far on sky listings
There are torrents and downloads, but it can be tricky to find the right on, especially if you've never used a torrentsite.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/25/2014, 8:33 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/25/2014, 8:33 am

ColferInspired wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Can understand why Darren might be apprehensive about his character moving to NY (and he's been so for quite some time). At McKinley, he was the star. He wasn't having to compete with Lea and Chris (both far stronger actors than he is). He got the overwhelming majority of the screen time and the song performances. And since the McKinley storyline was give the majority of screentime, his stories got the most time and focus. He got Blam and Blina and a whole episode devoted to his psychosis and even in the aftermath of his character's cheating, Blaine was given exclusive focus (which allowed for a sympathetic focus).

Now all that is going to change and Darren knows that he can't stand up against Lea and Chris (and Naya). Maybe he's finally recognized that the audience isn't thrilled with his storylines and thinks that he has monopolized the show for too long and now the changes will not benefit him the way they have in the past. If that's the case, then maybe he has good reason to be worried.

I did hear they have hired new writers.

If they are writing adult stories they will need their best talent to deliver them.

And the ones that put in the hard work.

Darren was all hyped up about Blaine moving to New York, but now that seems to have changed.  humhum

You guys are giving me hope  Shocked I was just really super depressed, but then when I read what you guys are saying it makes sense, Darren has been rather nasty and grumpy lately, maybe Glee might change and maybe he is not up to par with the new and mature writing and scenes that only serious actors can handle?

I read those disgusting Klaine scenes the Klainers bought and I actually write tv scripts and movie scripts in my free time, I am no expert what so ever, but it seems like Glee writers have to write Disney channel kids scenes when Darren and Klaine is involved, well at least the old writers. That Love Love Love script was gross and embarrassing to read, I wonder if the person who wrote that is one of the Blaine stan writers?

I hope you guys are right! Maybe we do have hope :)Maybe Darren will stay being lazy and tick off his boss by making it even more obvious how F rated his acting is compared to more A and B list actors on Glee  Twisted Evil  Yes Darren, go ahead and fail performing an more mature and adult scene,  ptdr  your puppy dog eyes and constipated faces wont save you this time! moque  You have to relay on acting and talent, not the same three facial expressions you use for 'depth' I can not wait! My hope is back you guys! Thank you so much for pointing that out  fufufu rooots hola

Ryan has been giving nearly everyone on the McKinley side no challenge whatsoever, the stories are recycled, the actors haven't had to try all that hard.

Chord, just like Darren, is so unclassy (Did someone on this post mention Darren being rude at a reporter? And Darren also made a fan feel like shit for that 'photobomb' incident)  Rolling Eyes I think Blam is feeling the burn of no one giving a rats ass about them and OverCriss may or may not have ranted to eachother about their glory days on Glee about to soon be over and they mope about it over a few cases of beer  dryy  I think they both feel the heat coming up!

They know they can not compete with Chris, Lea, and Naya, Lima it was easy for them to be idiots and sing pointless songs, now they will be in New York and have to match up in acting talents with actors that can actually, well, act. I know I would be nscared shit less if I had to compete with actors the audience actually wants to see when I pratically had a whole year of being hand fed screen time and money and solos and plublicity, I am certain they are pissed for losing any perks and plublicity they got from Glee and them being the center of attention in Lima (Even though a few mil viewers LEFT because they was the main focus  dryy  Rolling Eyes )

Chord can actually have decent scenes with strong actors, he eases into a role by feeding off his partners energy and not try to upstage them, he knows his place and never tries to be a scene stealer,  like in season 2 and 3 he played well at being a nice back ground character who was not in your face, a character people thought was sweet and nice to have around and that was great! But then Bram happened and Sam lost his Brain and them Blam happened and Sam lost his mind, characterization, personality, and character development and Chord's bad acting stood out very bad because he could not work with Darren's even more mediocre and untalented acting. But one thing I could say about Chord is that he was not always bad playing Sam, he knew his place as a background character then and never over welcomed his stay nor did he try to out shine the main characters like Darren did,  I will give Chord credit for that at least.

Darren on the other hand is super lazy yet he tries very hard to be the center of attention and tries to upstage' other actors by being over dramatic because he is a theater graduate and because he tries too hard, his emotions and acting fails and comes off real armature and  down graded, that is why they mostly gave him solos after solos during season 4 (He sung 38 times that season,  over twice as much as over half of the people on the shows cast) the rest of the actors like Chord and Jenna was down graded to prop up his characters so that way he did not have to try so hard, no wonder why he never wins any awards or get any media out side of playing Kurt Hummel's boy friend!

Also, speaking of Darren riding Chris coat tails, the only person who can fully carry his lazy weight in scenes is Chris, that is why Klainers depend on Klaine scenes so much, they know with Chris in the picture Darren would get noticed by the media for 2 seconds because Chris acting is so real and people always are awed when Chris does an emotional scene. Too bad Darren can not give back anything for Chris to work off, chris has to basically carry every Klaine scene by himself while Darren makes scrunched up faces and huffs alot and whine because he thinks that is how an upset gay boy should act  Evil or Very Mad , he admits that he is lazy himself, he said he makes no efforts and it shows. Rolling Eyes 

Blaine and Sam have been ruling Lima throughout season 4 to season 5, They must have been releived to have lots of sings and solos and playing best buds and that part with Blaine crushing on Blaine was ignored because they knew nothing would ever happen. Honestly I think Darren prefer Blam since he does not really have to be 'gay' or you know, kiss or touch another guy, some straight actors who play gay roles aren't eager to constantly be intimate with their scene partners (Or it could be that Darren and Chris are both uncomfortable with scenes like that because of Klainers and Crisscolfer stans)

Darren and Chord are good friends, they bond over having small mediocre talent and 'looks' and being the best dude bros from good families that are famous,(Chord's) or come from money (Darren's) Rolling Eyes Glee is their big break and they basically was the undeserving stars for a whole complete season. They depended highly on that PCA and lost horribly, no more itunes sales money from their pointless duets and solos for them! They must have made a deal about winning the PCA to RIB and since they didn't, they had to face some consequences, yes I am being evil and hopeful, can't help it  Twisted Evil 

I can see why they might get a bit bitter or worried sharing Screen time with Originals who are ten times better than them, they know they can be easily replaced (Once Klaine ends, Blaine goes because no one cares about him out of high school unless he is involved with Kurt and so does his side kick Sam, that is why Sam is counting on Samchele or if Mercedes come back, no matter that he is a racist, Samcedes  Mad ) and that worries them.

I think that Darren and Chord knows that they aren't talented enough to shine on Glee with the New York cast, especially that Glee will be more intimate with fewer characters, Glee is so used to have so many characters that you can get easily distracted by someone else story line or plot and that way Blam and Blaine was easily able to get away with random pointless solos, but now that their isn't much people to focus on, all eyes will be on them and people will judge their bad acting and compare their performances to Chris, Lea, and Naya's and that must scare them! I hope they just give up soon and let themselves become back ground characters again, because if not I am certain they will embarrass themselves as actors and make the Glee fandom hate their characters even more than they already do.  dryy

(I was throwing a lot of shade up there! Please let me know if I am going to far, I will delete it, I do not want to make anyone too mad at me  Embarassed )

Ryan didn't work them hard and really gave them free reign, so they could both be lazy.

Fox wants a more adult show by the sounds of it.

And Chord and Darren have bonded and want Blam to survive is my feeling as well.

The thing is Blaine will always be remembered as Kurt's boyfriend.

Even the interviews he did with Kristin from Eonline he had to talk about Klaine, because that is what was asked.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/25/2014, 8:43 am

Fox has just confirmed, New York for the rest of the season and all Season 6.  neutre 

Now if they can ask Adam if he wants to be a regular, I will be even more happy.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 9:08 am

It just dawned to me that if Blaine gets worried and/or jealous of Elliot in 5x09 and it gets addressed again in 5x14, adding the time jump as well, Blaine will be having these feelings of jealousy/distrust for about half a year, without ever talking to Kurt about it.  Shocked 

I'm sure the writers did not intend for this to be the case, but suspecting they already forgot about the time jump before it even takes place (lol, these writers are horrible  Rolling Eyes ) that will be canon now.
More unintentional characterisation for Blaine as being a needy, insecure jealous and well.....basically an immature creep.

Wow Glee, when you mess up (and that's often) you mess up big.  uhuhu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/25/2014, 10:44 am

So many stuff has been discussed lately. First, I'm someone who try not to care for what darren does, but after seeing how he praised Adam and left out Chris, I immediately thought he somehow asked for a duet in a near future, and also I believe he did it because he needs to be bonded with the person who's taking all the praises. IBIATCL has been loved not only by fans, believe me I've read comments from people who're not Kurt fans and like it, but also for the critics. Sadly, it seems Adam is leaving on episode 14, and I said is sad as I want to see more of him and I see potential in starkurt. But, by other side, this will avoid to see blaine getting friends with him and taking kurt the spotlight. Oh no, I go back to my negative mood.

As regards Rachel, yeah I also felt upset she was rude with Kurt and once again she didn't care about his friendship ,and her ambition was stronger. However, I'm sure she will be apologizing later, after realizing what she did was out of anger and seeing no one else will be there for her as Kurt is. But if I were Kurt I'll tell her she should stop treating people like that as not everybody will be in mood to bear her stubborness.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2014, 10:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:More unintentional characterisation for Blaine as being a needy, insecure jealous and well.....basically an immature creep.

Maybe it's not unintentional characterization, but actual character continuity for Blaine. I mean, Blaine has been needy, insecure, and an immature creep (and attention whoring) since they made Darren a regular. I mean, remember, this is still the boy who held resentment towards his brother for not thinking he walked on water like everyone else, and wouldn't let him play with GI Joe dolls when he was little.

I swear that the writers are purposely making Blaine more and more horrible to see how long it takes for the people who are mesmerized by the eyebrows to turn on him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/25/2014, 11:10 am

Glorfindel wrote:One more comment, this time not prompted by any of your posts, but more on a personal/professional note:
According to Glee there are apparently NO DECENT FEMALE SINGERS ON BROADWAY!!!!!! 
JEEZ!!!  brikwol   beam  antifana   ijuta  smajli  rentine

Not even Sutton Foster, who was supposedly up against Rachel for Fanny. Clearly, Santana is better.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/25/2014, 11:11 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I think Chord has two fingers out for victory or something, but the photo is blurry so it looks like he's flipping the bird.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 11:15 am

brisallie wrote:As regards Rachel, yeah I also felt upset she was rude with Kurt and once again she didn't care about his friendship ,and her ambition was stronger. However, I'm sure she will be apologizing later, after realizing what she did was out of anger and seeing no one else will be there for her as Kurt is. But if I were Kurt I'll tell her she should stop treating people like that as not everybody will be in mood to bear her stubborness.
Even though apologizing and owing up to your mistakes is a good thing, and necessary I think, at some point people are just not going to take your shit anymore.

You can be the best and most earnest apologizer in the world, but if you don't learn from your mistakes and keep repeating the same horrible and hurting(!) behaviour, towards you friends no less, then at some point apologies just won't fix it anymore.

An apology is not a "get free out of jail" card. It doesn't erase earlier bad behaviour, it only explains it.

Jellyrolls wrote:Maybe it's not unintentional characterization, but actual character continuity for Blaine.  I mean, Blaine has been needy, insecure, and an immature creep (and attention whoring) since they made Darren a regular.  I mean, remember, this is still the boy who held resentment towards his brother for not thinking he walked on water like everyone else, and wouldn't let him play with GI Joe dolls when he was little.

I swear that the writers are purposely making Blaine more and more horrible to see how long it takes for the people who are mesmerized by the eyebrows to turn on him.
I've thought this too, like it's some weird and cruel experiment of RIB to see how long they can string the young and inexperienced Klainers12 along before they break.

Sometimes I also think they're doing it as a punishment to Chris and the Kurtsies.

But I don't know: RIB put too much of this creepy possesive stalker douchebag shit disguised as "being romantic" into the other relationships  (and the bad behaviour getting rewarded!) on the show as well for it to be an isolated "let's ruin Blaine as a character for fun" thing.
- Finn beating Brody up and telling him to "stay away from my wife".
- Santana breaking up with Brittany but then dissing her and Sam for dating later.
- Brittany putting a sex tape online just to teach Santana a lesson.
- Rachel literally stalking Carmen and as a result getting into NYADA.
- Rory getting closer to Brittany by putting chocolate in her cat's litter box.
- Sam letting Brittany eat cheerios off from the floor.
- Artie and Puck getting Santana and Brittany all hot and bothered by neglecting and insulting them.
- Karofsky skipping school to bring Kurt Valentine Day's presents under false pretences.
- Finn and Rachel stalking Sam to find out if he's cheating with Quinn.
- Finn fighting with Jesse at Prom.
- Tina thinking Mike is cheating on her because he's rehearsing a dance with Brittany.
- And I'm sure there is some of that stuff to be found with the noobs as well (Ryder and Jake come to mind).
And this is just from the top of my head.

So I think part of Blaine's douchebag/creepy characterisation is intentionally made up by RIB, because I think RIB secretly loathe teenage girls who flail over high school romance and RIB just love to mess with their minds. But I also think another part of it is RIB's incapability to write for relationships and friendships.
They also (at least Ryan and Brad) seem to have a very screwed up way of looking at how relationships even work in rl.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2014, 11:21 am

Looking at Rachel's behavior in Frenemies (if the spoilers turn out to be correct) I'll give her leeway on one thing - she really doesn't have time to be in Kurt's band and while I understand him not being happy that she can't be there when he needs her to be, her first priority has to be her comittment to Funny Girl. In reality, they should have had the good sense not to ask her to be in the band at all. Not with what's got to be a killer rehersal schedule and the simple fact that once the show opens, she's going to be performing six nights a week. That just doesn't allow her time to work with Pamela Landsbury (and her contract likely would not allow her to take on any outside projects). She really needs to quit now, as does Santana since now she's going to be occupied with the show. It's awful for Kurt's band, but better they quit now and let Kurt recalibrate things while the band is still in the formulation stage than later once he expects a real comittment that neither of them are going to be in a position to fulfill.

I also grant that Rachel is going to be under an enormous amount of pressure as they get closer to opening night. Now with publicity ramping up, it's probably hitting her in the face just how big a deal this is and how much is riding on her shoulders. This can make or break her career and if she's not feeling stressed, then there is something wrong with her.

What I will nail her on is her attitude. Expressing that she's under a lot of pressure because the responsibilities and expectations on her are so great is one thing. Telling Kurt that she can't make a rehersal because she has to be a the theater for Funny Girl work is one thing. Swanning in and blowing off the rehersal because it's so hard to be a star? That's Rachel's ego blowing smoke up her own backside again. It's the usual "you can't hold me to anything because I'm so much more important than all of you" bullshit that Rachel pulls every time she lets her sense of entitlement get the better of her. It's not just asking for latitute because of her work in the show. It's this belief that everyone around her should be kissing her ass because she's a big star.

I can't shake the feeling that somethingi s going to happen and Rachel is heading for a big humbling experience. Whether the show falls through due to financing or Rachel gets poor reviews and the show shuts down in a week after opening, I don't see this ending well for Rachel. Not with a director who wants backstage drama and Rachel declairing war on Santana for daring to want to play in her sandbox. This is going to be a disaster.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/25/2014, 11:26 am

Glorfindel wrote:
.... I think RIB secretly loathe teenage girls who flail over high school romance and RIB just love to mess with their minds.

This reminds me of something Ryan did on "The New Normal" right after Glee's break up episode.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Tumblr_ma7y11Nksj1qapg62o1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Tumblr_ma7y11Nksj1qapg62o2_250

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 11:31 am

^RIGHT?  Rolling Eyes 

Thanks for reminding me and posting those gifs.

AnneNeville wrote:Not even Sutton Foster, who was supposedly up against Rachel for Fanny. Clearly, Santana is better.
Oh. My. God.  schockeed

I'd forgotten about that. Oh Glee.  pauly
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/25/2014, 11:38 am

sheny wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
.... I think RIB secretly loathe teenage girls who flail over high school romance and RIB just love to mess with their minds.

This reminds me of something Ryan did on "The New Normal" right after Glee's break up episode.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Tumblr_ma7y11Nksj1qapg62o1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 Tumblr_ma7y11Nksj1qapg62o2_250

I just talked about this with a work mate: there are so many TV shows that seem to be written as a light sunday brunch, with no real effort or passion. So much good TV gets undoubtedly not done because these dinosauruses just write, because they have to and stupid storylines cannot get trademarked.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 11:48 am

While I like that Kurt and Elliot come to a friendship non destructive dynamics, it really really bothers me that the women are again shrews and bitches in contrast.

Kurt doesn't know Elliot that well and yet Santana and Rachel who have bonded can't give each other the benefit of the doubt.

Glorfindel I couldn't agree more. The man behind "Nip Tuck" dies not truly believe in relationships and this whole 'endgame' stuff is cynicism squared.

To me the only relationship dynamics that worked was Rachel and Finn scheming to throw the "Duets" competition back in Season 2. That was something they did together and it was played for comedy.

Last edited by Buenos on 2/25/2014, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2014, 11:53 am

Glorfindel wrote:Even though apologizing and owing up to your mistakes is a good thing, and necessary I think, at some point people are just not going to take your shit anymore.

You can be the best and most earnest apologizer in the world, but if you don't learn from your mistakes and keep repeating the same horrible and hurting(!) behaviour, towards you friends no less, then at some point apologies just won't fix it anymore.

An apology is not a "get free out of jail" card. It doesn't erase earlier bad behaviour, it only explains it.

One complaint that I see frequently from the Rachel defenders on various boards is that Rachel is constantly asked to learn the same lessons over and over again. It does seem like a broken record at times - Rachel gets a taste of some success and lets it go to her head, she treats people badly, they call her out on it and she appologizes. Rinse, recycle and repeat. And they are not totally incorrect - Rachel does have an issue with this and it doesn't ever have seem to have gotten it through her head that there are only some many times that she can treat people badly before they give up on her completely.

We saw that in the episodes leading up to the Midnight Madness confrontation, where Rachel was riding high on her Winter Showcase victory. She had pretty much abandoned Kurt and surrounded herself with some fawning bottom feeders who were happy to massage her oversized ego so long as they could get some benefit from being around her. The one real friend that she had who had stuck by her, she not only left to his own devices but acted as if he should be grateful that she would deign to notice his presence at all, even if it was only to issue demands to. When Kurt called her out on it, she responded with her usual "you just jellus!" shtick which becomes her answer for anything. Anytime someone is critical of her behavior, she responds that they are acting only out of jealousy. But what is more telling is that she does have this deep seated belief that her talent should immunize her from any criticism of her behavior. That she has a right to act however she wishes because she is so amazingly talented and people should want to cater to her demands (since they always benefit from being around her - like how she accused Kurt of riding on her coattails into NYADA).

This has always been the war in Rachel's soul. She wants both stardom and to have true love/friendships and has never figured how to balance those two desires. She has never really learned how to make the kind of compromises that are critical to keeping her ego in check while still working towards her professional goals. When push came to shove, she very rarely chosen her personal relationships over her ambitions. This has always been a failing of hers because it never has to be a complete either/or proposition, but she always treats it as if it is. Ambition and a good sense of her abilities is an admirable quality, but unchecked ambition and an inflated ego is a failing.

If she continues on this path, she might indeed get all the professional accolades that she's ever dreamed of, but she will be alone when it happens. Or rather, the only people who will want to associate with her are those who want to use her and then will drop her the instant they either get what they want or until she is no longer of any use to them (like her sycophants at NYADA). She's have no one in her life who cares about Rachel the person and not just Rachel the performer. And when it happens, it'll be too late to fix things. I think that she's already dangerously close to that point.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2014, 12:01 pm

One thing I will say is that if that detailed spoiler is true, then the Kurt critics who complain that Kurt is "always" morally right are shut up by Kurt apologizing to Elliot for his faux friendship that Elliot calls him on.  I do love that they end up two gay friends in a platonic friendship.

Personally I don't think that was true before , (Kurt never being wrong, but) but whatever.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2014, 12:19 pm

in the future, who needs download sites for glee or any other show, PM me.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2014, 12:26 pm

Buenos wrote:One thing I will say is that if that detailed spoiler is true, then the Kurt critics who  complain that Kurt is "always" morally right are shut up by Kurt apologizing to Elliot for his faux friendship that Elliot calls him on.  I do love that they end up two gay friends in a platonic friendship.

Personally I don't think that was true before , (Kurt never being wrong, but) but whatever.

I actually like Kurt when he's not being so kind and understanding and supportive. I love manipulative, snarky and sometimes cruel Kurt. The one who gave Rachel the sad clown hooker makeover back in season one. The guy who got into Kurofsky's face and who made it abundently clear during one of Blaine's "epic" Dalton performance that he would rather be having his teeth cleaned. The one who snapped at people, ate entire cheesecakes when upset and absolutely owning his world.

Kurt being insecure and trying to get Elliot to show his true colors (which he ended up being completely wrong about) is what makes his character interesting and human in a way that few others on the show are allowed to be. He makes mistakes, but unlike most, he really owns up to them. And while I would love to see a Starkurt/Kelliot romance, I am perfectly happy with them being true friends who don't allow their personal ambitions to get in the way of their friendship and collaberation.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2014, 12:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^That's Ivana for ya: bringing it back to the essentials.  Smile 

After reading that entire summary of 5x09 I can only conclude that the storyline of Kurt and Elliot seems to be the only thing that's enjoyable and worth watching of this episode.

Also: Kurt stripper pole dancing..... Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 17 4fWR0KX

ded
how could i not. my boy Kurt is FINALLY in a rock/metal number !!!!!!! i have been waiting for this for 5 years. I know Metallica is out of the question (Nothing Else Matters being the only possible candidate), i only have one more wish, and that is for him to do some heavenly Queen ( Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, I Want It All,...)

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2014, 12:34 pm

kurt is a "lady gaga" as glee likes to put it, a diva (not as big as rachel). he wants the center stage and there is nothing wrong with that ambition. i think he has been burned so many times and been overstepped by those he cares and trusts the most (rachel and blaine) that that insecurity will never go away, the fear of someone else yet again coming in front, no matter his hard work (particularly with blaine who seams to just skate throw life without a single obstacle, which must be incredibly annoying to kurt). show that shows the depth of his character and that not all is rosy even for a guy with kurt's self confidence.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2014, 12:41 pm

^With all the times that songs, roles and other ambitions Kurt wanted being handed to others, sometimes even taken away from him, I don't blame Kurt for one second for being vareful and suspicious of others sharing his spotlight.

And yes, Chris singing some Queen. 'Under Pressure' and 'Exercises in Free Love' are still high on my list of Kurt songs.

Buenos wrote:One thing I will say is that if that detailed spoiler is true, then the Kurt critics who  complain that Kurt is "always" morally right are shut up by Kurt apologizing to Elliot for his faux friendship that Elliot calls him on.  I do love that they end up two gay friends in a platonic friendship.

What I like about the Rachel/Santana feud is that (if the detailed spoilers are true) Kurt not only refuses to take a side, but he also refuses to let the girls use his defences of their own individual behaviour as a weapon against the other girl.

He's not taking sides, but he's also not judging, and if this is true I can sigh a sigh of relief, because too many times on Glee the boys judge the girls and put them back in their place.

And if Kurt apologizes to Elliot that will be the second time he does so: he already apologized after Elliot made him jealous and insecure and he dismissed him at the audition for the band.

This I give the writers: they rarely ever let Kurt be the unapologetic douchebag bad guy, but they also never make him a Gary Sue. And except for when he's with Blaine Kurt is still allowed to snark (again).
It really is the Blaine/Klaine altar worshipping, and Rachel having to be better than everyone and a special snowflake, often at the cost of Kurt's accomplishments, that are the cause of Kurt's most stifling restrictions and hurtful setbacks on the show.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/25/2014, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next