Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Kurt Hummel 9/20/2013, 5:03 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^  I envy you, I sincerely believe you are the only one on here looking forward to Glee. You might should take a break from this board for 24 hours after the episode aired. I strongly predict we will all be raging bitches fanny2 Razz 
Razz That's why I was barely here. I saw some of the comments here and it really brought me down. Normally, it wouldn't bother me as much but last weekend wasn't the best so I took a small break.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Lottie2303 9/20/2013, 5:07 am

Kurt Hummel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^  I envy you, I sincerely believe you are the only one on here looking forward to Glee. You might should take a break from this board for 24 hours after the episode aired. I strongly predict we will all be raging bitches fanny2 Razz 
Razz That's why I was barely here. I saw some of the comments here and it really brought me down. Normally, it wouldn't bother me as much but last weekend wasn't the best so I took a small break.
If it is an consolation, we all hated the last days. The songs, the spoilers, the pictures... being a Glee "fan" is currently very depressing. I think we all are on the verge just to stop watching the show altogether. It has gotten that bad, that if you don't like Klaine, you really have nothing to look forward to anymore :( 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 9/20/2013, 5:32 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
Kurt Hummel wrote:
If it is an consolation, we all hated the last days. The songs, the spoilers, the pictures... being a Glee "fan" is currently very depressing. I think we all are on the verge just to stop watching the show altogether. It has gotten that bad, that if you don't like Klaine, you really have nothing to look forward to anymore :( 
I understand. I can see how some people would be happy about Kurt getting more screen time in the first episode but not everyone likes Klaine and I feel sorry for them. :( 
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/20/2013, 6:30 am

Kurt Hummel wrote:I understand. I can see how some people would be happy about Kurt getting more screen time in the first episode but not everyone likes Klaine and I feel sorry for them. :( 
to be honest, it's not Klaine that I don't like (mostly I don't care), but the way they are handled and how hollow they ring together.

Mostly, it's the way they are handled and how Glee keeps trying to shove down our throats that they are soulmates or whatever, when in fact they haven't been together out in the real world, when time will come when they'll both have jobs, will be confronted to routine, bills to pay, they haven't discussed if they want kids, where they want to live, if they envision their future the same way, none of it was ever mentionned. I hate being told that a couple is "meant to be" when they haven't been challenged in the least to begin with.
And when they actually were, when Kurt when to NY, Blaine didn't pass the test, he failed miserably, and nothing was done to show us an actual resolve of that. No discussion, zip, in 18 episodes. Last we saw Kurt, he had moved on. And now, they're going to resolve it with, what, one scene? A "big gesture" from Blaine that means nothing and won't solve/discuss the problems that lead them to break-up.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/20/2013, 6:46 am

A couple of thoughts on episode four spoilers:

1. I have never heard of any of those songs.
2. Starchild is a stupid name for a character ( and I am ignoring the way some people are trying to connect it to star kid)
3. Too much McKinley (but really five seconds is too much McKinley at this point)
4. With only four songs, hopefully that means we will get some acting good scenes with his nemesis guest star.
5. With only four song, we will probably have to endure painfully subpar acting scenes from McKinley
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 9/20/2013, 7:20 am

coxfire wrote:
Kurt Hummel wrote:I understand. I can see how some people would be happy about Kurt getting more screen time in the first episode but not everyone likes Klaine and I feel sorry for them. :( 
to be honest, it's not Klaine that I don't like (mostly I don't care), but the way they are handled and how hollow they ring together.

Mostly, it's the way they are handled and how Glee keeps trying to shove down our throats that they are soulmates or whatever, when in fact they haven't been together out in the real world, when time will come when they'll both have jobs, will be confronted to routine, bills to pay, they haven't discussed if they want kids, where they want to live, if they envision their future the same way, none of it was ever mentionned. I hate being told that a couple is "meant to be" when they haven't been challenged in the least to begin with.
And when they actually were, when Kurt when to NY, Blaine didn't pass the test, he failed miserably, and nothing was done to show us an actual resolve of that. No discussion, zip, in 18 episodes. Last we saw Kurt, he had moved on. And now, they're going to resolve it with, what, one scene? A "big gesture" from Blaine that means nothing and won't solve/discuss the problems that lead them to break-up.
I see what you're saying. At first, I was against the thought of a proposal because it didn't make sense. But the more the spoilers came in, the happier I became with idea of Klaine actually getting back together. Now, if they actually have a decent talk, that would make me more happy but this is Glee so it wouldn't surprise me if they had it offscreen. Whatever happens, I don't care because things are looking very positive for Klaine.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/20/2013, 7:39 am

^ But that is exactly the problem with Klaine. They are presented and written like very immature teenager with absolutely no thought of the future. It has disaster written over it with no chance of realism. I wouldn't mind Klaine as much, if they would give both character equal time and development. But the fact remains that Blaine never apologized. That Kurt never even got one more scene to show his heartbreak and devastation. That Blaine never really had to fight for anything, but that Kurt just returned to him. Once again with the couples they show us point a and point c, but refuse to give us point b. Also, the car park scene and all those gifs with Blaine treating Kurt like crap... those exist. Kurt's comment "my ex was the dancer" comes to mind. Kurt felt clearly inferior. I am not against Klaine, because I dislike one character. I am against Klaine because they do represent an unhealthy relationship with the very clear message alpha male = good, and effeminate male = female, submissive and unhappy without dating an alpha male. I am sorry, but please answer me how that is healthy. Please, because the only arguments I hear from Klainers are that: they are hot, they are cute, they are endgame, they are soulmates. There is no legit argument at all why they should ever date again. Also please explain how an engagement is good for Kurt. I am very sorry, but I really do not believe any argument exists to prove me wrong.

Klaine getting engaged... without ever living together, without ever having a discussion on-screen about the future, without Blaine knowing what to do after highschool, without Kurt showing having a life outside of his relationship, without having a clue what to want for the long-run is not realistic. As I said, it feels like written by teenager who envision their very first relationship, then they grow up and suddenly realize that life is no fairytale. It is not reality and I really suspect the proposal storyline will receive a very negative reaction from the GA. With the exception of Klainers, everyone, even non-Kurtsies are against this storyline. All those voices cannot be ignored. They just can't.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/20/2013, 11:04 am

^I think your question was already answered: Klainers don't care about all of that, as long as "our boys" get back together.

They want the physical ship, the toy that exists out of 2 puppets, and they don't care about any feelings those 2 puppets might have, individually or even as a pair, as long as they happily sing and dance together regularly and hopefully kiss every now and then.

If they care at all about any feelings of these pretty puppets,... when it comes to most Klainers they only care about 1 of them, and that is not Kurt. They don't want to see cupcake Blainey sad or not getting what he wants,... no scratch that: what he deserves!
Blaine only made one tiny mistake after all, a mistake all Glee characters are guilty of so why should Blaine be the only one who is crucified for it? Plus he was depressed and lonely without friends at McKinley, while cold ungrateful Kurt wasn't there for him! Mad 
And in order for those Klainers to be able to still say that they love both of 'their boys' equally, they pretend that Kurt is miserable without Blaine, in denial, and/or has such a forgiving heart that he'll gladly take his alpha dreamboat back because who can resist teenage dream Blaine after all?
Endgame, Soulmates, and all that magic shit. vomir 

No really, I think most Klainers don't look any further than the surface: their 2 Ken dolls being pretty together. Two prancing ponies in bowties, pooping glitter in a field full of cupcakes and rainbows.
Those who genuinely think they care equally for Kurt (or even foremost ha!) fool themselves into believing that Kurt cannot be happy without Blaine: a nice coping mechanism to forgive and ignore all the canon problems Klaine have. They just shrug their shoulders and say:
"Well, it's RIB and we can't expect any decent conversation between the 2, and everyone on Glee cheats as it's the only way RIB know to make drama for a couple, so oh well..... who cares? As long as 'our boys' get back together again."

On top of that they blame all the lack of screentime and songs for Kurt on that bitch Rachel wo dared to call Kurt her soulmate, forced him to pursue a performing career (which should be, lbr, Blaine's prerogative as the amazing leading man he is who performed at theme parks!) instead of the more suiting for a effeminate gay fashion career).
This selfish brat who wants her best gay to mirror all the things she does, also had the gall to tell Kurt to move on and try his luck with that abusive ugly old British ogre who practically forced himself on Kurt and doesn't deserve any attention or screentime anymore because he was only a 'plotdevice', a temporarily roadblock for Klaine, so why do those silly Blaine 'haters' (who are of course all Kadam, Kum, Kurtbastian and/or Kurtofsky shippers) even still mention him or are upset when he won't come back?
As Kurt is only Rachel's prop in New York. Kurt would therefore be much better off with Blaine wherever the gel helmet is, because then Kurt at least gets to sit on a stool looking all "adorable" and proud while being serenaded to by Blaine,... he might even get to sing on a Klaine duet every once in a while, so what's not to love: screentime and an occasional song guaranteed after all? mince 

And with this perfect little denial and ignore strategy of blaming all Klaine's problematic canon past on the writers, Hummelberry and Kurt's individual ambitions, while allocating all the cuteness and loveliness of Klaine to heartthrob 'heart-eyes' Blaine, who's sole purpose for even existing on Glee was to make lonely, cold and aloof Kurt happy and give him courage( Rolling Eyes ) after all, they truly believe they are fans of Kurt as an individual too.

Bah, I just made myself sick. vomit2

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/20/2013, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/20/2013, 11:16 am

sheny wrote:
Glee-05-Tina in the Sky With Diamonds (03-Oct-2013 (T))

Episode: 5ARC02
AIR DATE: 03-Oct-2013 (T)
RUNNING TIME: 60 Minutes

CONCEPT: As the Prom approaches, the race for Prom Queen brings out the best and the worst in candidates Tina and Kitty. Meanwhile, Sam tries to make a connection with a new school nurse, an increasingly discouraged Rachel waits for word on her Funny Girl callback, and Santana makes a new friend at work.

PRODUCTION CREDITS:
Written & Directed by: IAN BRENNAN
STARRING:

CHRIS COLFER Kurt Hummell
DARREN CRISS Blaine Anderson
JANE LYNCH Sue Sylvester
KEVIN MCHALE Artie Abrams
LEA MICHELE Rachel Berry
MATTHEW MORRISON Will Schuester
CHORD OVERSTREET Sam Evans
NAYA RIVERA Santana Lopez
JENNA USHKOWITZ Tina Cohen-Chang
JACOB ARTIST Jake Puckerman
MELISSA BENOIST Marley Rose
BLAKE JENNER Ryder Lynn
ALEX NEWELL Wade ‘Unique’ Adams
BECCA TOBIN Kitty Wilde

SPECIAL GUESTS:
IQBAL THEBA Principal Figgins
NENE LEAKES Coach Roz Washington
Rachel, it hasn't been very long. Unless several weeks passed between 5x1 and 5x2.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/20/2013, 11:28 am

What, we still don't get an answer for Funny Girl? Oh man, they probably will let her be a bit scared and as consolation price, she'll just get the part. We all know its happening.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/20/2013, 11:44 am

^ You all captured so many of the reasons I can't stand Klaine getting back together.

You know, I've been thinking about it, and I think I'd even tolerate Klaine's reunion if a number of characters actually recognized and worried about Blaine's bad behavior. I'd understand Kurt getting back with an abusive guy. I wouldn't like it, but I'd believe it is a possibility, especially after seeing them together already. It could be an interesting story. I'd worry for Kurt, but it would be a good opportunity for Chris to show off his acting and for Glee to pass on some interesting information.

But the fact that no one in universe seems to notice or dislike Blaine's behavior--even though he's been shown as 1) belittling 2) sexually assaulting and 3) unfaithful--really puts me off. How can no one in universe see what is clear as a bell to anyone watching who has some experience?

If they created this monster by accident, why can't they at least embrace the mistake they made and turn it into something interesting?

Last edited by AnneNeville on 9/20/2013, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/20/2013, 12:34 pm

^Because it's Blee now, and because RIB are usuless when it comes to coherent writing, characterisation and continuity.

I agree that Kurt would indeed be someone who would go back to an abusive first boyfriend like Blaine. His entire childhood he was told he was undesirable and toxic by almost everyone on the show, and then there was popular Blaine who (eventually) wanted him, his perfect teenage dream.

When Blaine cheated he made the low selfesteem that so easily pops up for Kurt (esp. after torture season 3) worse, especially when it comes to his physical appearance (after being told he was ugly and undesirable so many times), and let's not forget that at that time Kurt was not in NYADA yet. Hence the "my ex was the dancer" comment, and him almost not believing that a guy like Adam would like to date him. 

In canon Kurt won't take shit from anyone, with only 1 exception: Blaine. It took Blaine physically cheating for Kurt to finally put his foot down, and that lasted for... what?... 4 episodes before he was working hard to forgive Blaine and be friendly with him again.
(And it angers me that we know that after the break up Kurt was willing to work to at least restore his friendship with Blaine again, urged on to do so by Cassie, Isabelle, his dad and Tina, while Blaine did nothing in the mean time.)

Now Adam didn't work out either, and as apparently all gay guys in New York are blind and stupid for not jumping on Kurt all the time, plus Rachel is getting callbacks for a Broadway show they both auditioned for (even though Glee neglected to show it to us, that must have hurt Kurt) Kurt's selfesteem is on the down low again, plus his dad just was very sick.
Then the-catch-of-McKinley Blaine pops up again, all lovey dovey and charming, wanting Kurt back and getting 4 choirs, a marching band, all Kurt's (old) friends and his dad to put in a good word for him.

Sadly, Kurt fits the profile perfectly. :(

Victims of spousal/relationship abuse go back to their partner about 7 times before they see the light, right? Well, if we count TFT and DWS as 2, TBU as 3, we only have to suffer 4 more douche moves from Blaine before Kurt is free.
As I predicted elsewhere: if Klaine gets married when Kurt is 21, we can look forward to them being divorced by the time he's 25.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 12:40 pm

Glorfindel wrote:On top of that they blame all the lack of screentime and songs for Kurt on that bitch Rachel wo dared to call Kurt her soulmate, forced him to pursue a performing career (which should be, lbr, Blaine's prerogative as the amazing talent he is who performed at theme parks!) instead of the more suiting for a feminine gay fashion career).
This selfish brat who wants her best gay to mirror all the things she does, also had the gall to tell Kurt to move on and try his luck with that abusive ugly old British ogre who practically forced himself on Kurt and doesn't deserve any attention or screentime anymore because he was only a 'plotdevice', a temporarily roadblock for Klaine, so why do those silly Blaine 'haters' (who are of course all Kadam, Kum and/or Kurtofsky shippers) even still mention him or are upset when he won't come back?
As Kurt is only Rachel's prop in New York. Kurt would therefore be much better off with Blaine wherever the gel helmet is, because then Kurt at least gets to sit on a stool looking all handsome and proud while being serenaded to by Blaine,... he might even get to sing on a Klaine duet every once in a while, so what's not to love: screentime and an occasional song guaranteed after all? mince
TBH, I don't think it's only Klainers who criticize Rachel and her screen time.

As  a Lea/Rachel fan I see plenty of equal opportunity  criticism of her in many fandoms and let's leave it at that.  coool   I still remember the rage against Rachel at the end of S3 for getting into NYADA , so yes, I'm still a litter bitter of some of the criticism leveled Rachel's way.  tonguue 

Quite frankly, Glee doesn't write relationships well. ANY relationship.  Many Rachel stans loathed with the intensity of a thousand suns Finchel because they felt she was being smothered from being her best self, though sadly, for the worst reason that is no longer a problem.  It's funny how some of the things you vent about a fictional character pale in real life happenings. :(  So Klaine is far from unique.

The fundamental problem is not Klaine, so I disagree with some of what I've read, no biggie.  Yes, S4 was an imbalance as far showing  Kurt screentime, but overall I did like that his characterization (Kurt) was consistent.  He was angry, devastated, unwilling to forgive or accept Blaine's half assed pseudo apology, then realized an acceptance of an apology was part of moving .  However where the lack of screen time was jarring  was when he hooked up with Blaine in "I, do" but I thought it was interesting that even after that Kurt had separated the physical attraction/sex from actually getting back together with Blaine. I actually found that intriguing.   So he desperately wanted to move on.  The last few episodes in S4 he was comfortable with Blaine , they were friends, but Kurt  not necessarily pushing toward getting back together. Kurt himself seemed to be thriving in NY, he got into NYADA with some acclaim, a British guy found him hot, he bested Rachel in the Diva off and  at the end he seemed to be over the worst part of his breakup with Blaine.  

So with Blaine I would like to see where they date again and draw closer together, have discussions about their relationship.  We all know they were going to get together again (just like Finchel was going to) so yes an engagement is rushed and foolish.  I compare it to when Rachel and Finn got together by the end of S2 and Finn's going back to Quinn was swept under the table. Rolling Eyes   Alas it's not going to happen so I 'd prefer the show just get them together and MOVE on. For Glee having them split up for nearly a season was a lot.  I just can't get too worked up about Klaine for any anger, I really don't.   There are some things about their relationship I do enjoy.  IF they got them back together and just showed them humping like rabbits and Kurt being sexy as in I, DO, and on is merry way with his career in NY I'm not gonna complain.  

Which brings  me  to to the bigger issue.

The larger looming problem is that with the change of narrative the show now truly doesn't know what to do with Kurt.  Rachel has her SL's, and apparently Santana is getting her SL's.   They don't write SL's for Kurt anymore.

Even when Kurt and Blaine were in separate narratives and split up, they didn't write much in SL's for Kurt.  They wrote SL's for Rachel, but not for Kurt.  Now some argue that because Rachel gets all of the NY time, that was the problem.  That might have been the problem in S4, though I might argue that the writers let the split narrative get away from them , because even Rachel got short changed at times.  (Seriously Marley and Sam getting more songs than Rachel in S4?)

With Rachel, even with Finchel, she got her SL's and focus away from him in NY.   She even got a gigolo male LI.  

It's like the writers have run out of ideas for Kurt.  I don't know when they lost interest in the character as an individual character, since it's puzzling since they seem to accept he's an iconic, popular character on Glee with a large fan base.    They apparently will give  Sam yet another LI, they are giving screen time to McKinley characters including Kitty , Santana is finally getting some NY focus (great IMO) Rachel is getting her Funny Girl story continued (and unlike others I love that she has a BW Story going ) and yet Kurt getting screen time  in NY doesn't seem to be any of the writers' concern.  So is Kurt still in NYADA, Vogue, does he get another job, what stuff is going on in his musical theater career, etc.  those are the things I want to see explored.  He has not been written up in the synopsis of Episode 2 at all, and that does worry me.  And sorry, but I don't blame all of that on the Klaine aspect of it all, I don't.  The writers can do what they want.

If Kurt  doesn't have much to do in Episode 2,3 and 4 I'm going to start really  getting worried,and you all know it takes a lot of knock down  my optimism, LOL.  So let's wait and see but I'm still on this crazy train ride.!Razz    I need to calm down, none of the episodes have even aired yet. LOL.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/20/2013, 1:09 pm

well said marie. and i agree that kurt doesn't seem to get any SL anymore. he is just there supporting other characters in their SLs to gain any screen time. it's not about him anymore. he's got a job. got into his dream school. he only has to wait to get married. here's the fate of your token gay...

and kitty running for prom? she is senior too? are they going to graduate everybody else by the end of next school year? or they just don't care about "realism" anymore?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 2:17 pm

Somebody better inform Gaga whose doing the song...LOL

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 29 Tumblr_mtfp1glhLB1r4ezfzo1_r1_500

GOBR spoiler wrote:Applause - Sam, Marley, Artie, Ryder and Blaine
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/20/2013, 2:33 pm

Buenos wrote:
« 5x04 Title + Full Song Spoiler

5x04 Title - A Katy or A Gaga

Full Song Spoiler
Roar - Unique, Jake, Sam, Marley, Tina, Artie, Ryder, Kitty, Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Dani and Starchild
ok this song reminds me of that xmas song in which lots of people in duet pairs sing a line. i am sure kurt will sing second voice to blaine in one line, to fill his singing quota. dryy 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  crazypumpkin 9/20/2013, 2:35 pm

I think that there are more reasons for why Kurt doesn't have storylines anymore, the most prominent of them is, that there is simply too much people on Blee right now and that Kurt is in the closest relationships with Rachel and Blaine, two main characters, who both have to have their own big storylines. That is problem for him because the writers have to give storylines for others too and to save some time, they are connecting them, usualy the character no.1 have one storyline, where they play bigger role and other smaller, where they play second wheel to character no.2. But Kurt because he is closest with leads of Glee (who are almost always leads of storylines they are involved in) usualy has to play the second wheel to them or if they give him storyline, it's quick and Rachel/Blaine has the same prominence in it as him.
Other reason I think may be what was already written here, that the writers don't know, how to write Kurt anymore.
And what my friend think could be another reason why he maybe won't have a more prominent storyline this season is, that it look to her that Chris has possible deal with FOX about leaving after this season of Glee, but this is pure speculation of hers based on Chris latest interviews and the fact that he has movie to film, so it can be totaly wrong.

crazypumpkin
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/20/2013, 2:42 pm

Buenos wrote:TBH, I don't think it's only Klainers who criticize Rachel and her screen time.
Yes, I know that, and I criticized Rachel (and the NY narrative divide) as well when I deemed it unfair.

But my earlier post was about the reasoning a lot of Klainers use to defend why it would be best for their "most favorite character" Rolling Eyes  Kurt to get back together with Blaine.
And one of these defences is that Kurt isn't getting any screentime and songs as long as he is with Rachel, while those hypocrites conveniently forget that when Kurt is with Blaine he doesn't get any screentime and songs either anymore. Double standards much?

Plus when Kurt is with Rachel he usually at least gets to talk and participate in her storylines because Rachel needs another character to interact with, while when he was with Blaine in the total of season 4 he was literally silenced and forbidden to speak about how he felt. But the Klainers don't mind that because all they want from Kurt is for him to 'finally' stop sulking and take Blaine back.

So my post was purely about the Klainers' perspective.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/20/2013, 2:45 pm

fantastica wrote:
Buenos wrote:
« 5x04 Title + Full Song Spoiler

5x04 Title - A Katy or A Gaga

Full Song Spoiler
Roar - Unique, Jake, Sam, Marley, Tina, Artie, Ryder, Kitty, Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Dani and Starchild
ok this song reminds me of that xmas song in which lots of people in duet pairs sing a line. i am sure kurt will sing second voice to blaine in one line, to fill his singing quota. dryy 
Or Mamma Mia, which also listed Santana and Kurt as singers, and in the end only Rachel got to sing in NY. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/20/2013, 2:49 pm

i remember at the beginning of s4 (or end of s3) brad said they were still interested in writing for kurt because (don't know the exact words but this is my impression) kurt is resilient or something, meaning they can still torture him and milk some tears out of him. at that time the fandom is sick of kurt losing everything so we were quite unhappy. but i guess it's quite telling that all they saw kurt was someone who fight against adversity, and once that adversity is gone, we reach the end of his arc. now the only way to fill his screentime is for him to support other characters. now i am not arguing against not giving other character SLs, but as a kurt-only fan, i find it even less enticing to watch the show aside from kurt edits.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 2:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Plus when Kurt is with Rachel he usually at least gets to talk and participate in her storylines because Rachel needs another character to interact with, while when he was with Blaine in the total of season 4 he was literally silenced and forbidden to speak about how he felt. .
I couldn't disagree more.   Kurt certainly expressed how he felt in "The Break Up."   He told Blaine that the trust was gone in "Glease".  In "Thanksgiving", Kurt said he believed Blaine's apology but couldn't forgive him yet. While it was taken as a joke, he told Blaine they were just friends in "I, DO".

I also complain that Kurt has little relative  screen time, what he got is not nearly  enough, but I don't see where just being with Blaine he can't express how he feels.

The cheating SL of course won't get resolved satisfactorily, but let's be real, any character on Glee that has a cheating SL or some dramatic issue in a relationship will NEVER be resolved in a good manner,  non of the Finchel, WEMMA, Brittana, etc, drama was this ever done.  Rachel and Finn was a disaster.  My issue is with thinking  it's only Blaine that holds back Kurt, to me the problem goes back to the writers who can't write relationships and dramatic SL's for anyone.

It's the silly endgame nonsense. I never thought the Brody character, who while pretty, was kind of bland was all that and a bag of chips, but he seemed to treat Rachel well, he was in the same field as her and he wasn't threatened by her drive/focus on a career. So what do the writers do? They make him a male prostitute. LOL. It's the writers I telll you! Razz 

Last edited by Buenos on 9/20/2013, 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 3:00 pm

Glee Season 5: New Cheerio Erinn Westbrook Talks About Her €œMean Girl€ Character

Earlier this month we told you that actress Erinn Westbrook will be playing a “mean Cheerio” at McKinley High on Season 5 of Glee, and although we don’t yet know her character’s name, Erinn talked to Wetpaint Entertainment exclusively about her onscreen persona when we caught up with her at the People Stylewatch 3rd Annual Denim Party at Palihouse in Hollywood on September 19.

As is the case with most (if not all) new Glee cast members, Erinn is thrilled to be a part of the FOX hit and even loves playing a Cheerio. “I can’t say that there is anything better. It’s been really, really fun wearing the uniform and being part of the cast,” she told us.

With Santana (Naya Rivera) in New York and Quinn (Dianna Agron) at Yale (and possibly off the show for good) resident bitchy Cheerio Kitty (Becca Tobin) was desperately in need of a new snarky sidekick. Luckily, Erinn is up to the challenge, even calling her character “the new mean girl.”

“I do play a mean girl which is interesting because I like to think I’m a little nicer than my character. But it’s been fun to play,” she revealed. “I’d say she’s stirring up a little bit of drama. You’re going to see her being mean and rude and creating all sorts of antics.”

And in an interesting case of art imitating life, Erinn actually has plenty of cheerleading experience. She explains, “I was varsity cheerleading captain in high school so now putting on that uniform I feel like I’m back to my glory days a little bit.”

We can’t wait to see this new snarky Cheerio in action, but what about you? Tell us your thoughts below!

Glee Season 5 premieres on September 26 at 9 p.m. ET.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 9/20/2013, 3:12 pm

To be honest, I don't think the writers have run out of ideas for Kurt's character. I wouldn't be nearly as pissed at them as I am if that were the case. I think they're afraid to follow through on their ideas for Kurt's character. Both Vogue and Adam seemed like they were supposed to be bigger stories that they wound up being.

I think they weren't sure initially if they were going to have Kurt wind up at NYADA after screwing him over at the end of S3 and hedged their bets. But Rachel couldn't carry NYADA on her own, and NY was getting so little screen time it just made sense to stick Kurt there as well.

Adam and the Apples also seemed to be set up to be a bigger story than they wound up being, but RIB are scared shitless of 14 year old Darren fan girls with multiple Twitter accounts and too much time on their hands, so that story got killed, too. And that's something I absolutely cannot respect the writers for.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/20/2013, 3:15 pm

^ I'm with you.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 3:18 pm

opals wrote:To be honest, I don't think the writers have run out of ideas for Kurt's character. I wouldn't be nearly as pissed at them as I am if that were the case.  I think they're afraid to follow through on their ideas for Kurt's character. Both Vogue and Adam seemed like they were supposed to be bigger stories that they wound up being.

I think they weren't sure initially if they were going to have Kurt wind up at NYADA after screwing him over at the end of S3 and hedged their bets. But Rachel couldn't carry NYADA on her own, and NY was getting so little screen time it just made sense to stick Kurt there as well.
I agree with the bolded so much.   However whatever the reasons, I think it goes back that Glee  doesn't see  Kurt as a character to build SL's around.   That puzzles me TBH, because I do think that the  Glee writers know what a good actor he is.

If they ended up sticking Kurt at NYADA, why not give him something to do there? Part of the problem I think is that a higher priority for the writers and RIB is to save the McKinley side of the narrative. Sanatana was used horribly in S4 a result of that and it looks like they are trying to correct things for her this year so I'm still going to wait and see how things go.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next