Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Glorfindel 9/20/2013, 3:25 pm

opals wrote:To be honest, I don't think the writers have run out of ideas for Kurt's character. I wouldn't be nearly as pissed at them as I am if that were the case.  I think they're afraid to follow through on their ideas for Kurt's character. Both Vogue and Adam seemed like they were supposed to be bigger stories that they wound up being.

I think they weren't sure initially if they were going to have Kurt wind up at NYADA after screwing him over at the end of S3 and hedged their bets. But Rachel couldn't carry NYADA on her own, and NY was getting so little screen time it just made sense to stick Kurt there as well.

Adam and the Apples also seemed to be set up to be a bigger story than they wound up being, but RIB are scared shitless of 14 year old Darren fan girls with multiple Twitter accounts and too much time on their hands, so that story got killed, too.  And that's something I absolutely cannot respect the writers for.
banzai  ^THIS.

They set up several storylines with Kurt: Vogue (remember Chase?), NYADA, Adam and the Apples, even (after they started that story for Klaine's X-mas reunion) him getting some form of OCD when he worried about Burt's cancer, but none of them were followed through.
And yes, I think the Klainers protesting so loudly played a large part in that. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 3:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

They set up several storylines with Kurt: Vogue (remember Chase?), NYADA, Adam and the Apples, even (after they started that story for Klaine's X-mas reunion) him getting some form of OCD when he worried about Burt's cancer, but none of them were followed through.
And yes, I think the Klainers protesting so loudly played a large part in that. :angry:
Explain to me how not giving him NYADA SL's or more development with Burt's cancer is about Klaine.
Sorry but I don't think it is.

They could give him a NYADA SL even now if they wanted.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/20/2013, 4:12 pm

why are all the cheerio girls mean spirited? they had bad girl kitty already. why do they need another one? the only cheerio girl who is not plain mean is Brittany and she is an idiot w/ high IQ. i don't know any real cheer leaders, but i doubt all of them are bitches.

they need more bitches dont they?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/20/2013, 5:21 pm

Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Explain to me how not giving him NYADA SL's  or more development with Burt's cancer is about Klaine.  

Read my post: I said "large part".

And if I have to go into particulars:
- I think they planned on a storyline at Vogue with Chase, but didn't because it was too soon after Klaine.
- If they could have developed Adam and the Apples more there would have been a whole potential of NYADA storylines. Actually: the Apples already were a NYADA storyline (being the underdogs Kurt joined and defended against Rachel's advice) but they could have dropped it because of Adam being part of them. Why handpick these kids to form a raggety group like the Apples only for them to dance back-up to Adam in only 1 scene? Those actors all had the option for multiple episodes in their contracts.

- As for Burt's cancer: RIB clearly didn't count on the fandom's backlash about Burt's Convenience cancer to get Klaine together for Christmas. Maybe they intended to explore Burt's illness more, but decided against it because of that backlash, as they knew part of the fandom would know they gave Burt cancer so Blaine could be the understanding friend taking care of his worried ex in New York and his sick father back in Lima. That was heavily hinted at in 'Glee, Actually', and they even did exactly that in Wonder-ful.
Granted: if this speculation is true that one was probably on the Kurtsies, not the Klainers. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 5:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Explain to me how not giving him NYADA SL's  or more development with Burt's cancer is about Klaine.  

Read my post: I said "large part".
)
Yes i read the "large part" but my point being is that the absence of ANY extended Kurt S/L's can't be blamed even a large part  on Klaine .   If the writers and RIB thought it was a priority to give the character of Kurt  SL's and screen time they would have done it.  They can still do it.  Vogue wasn't expanded for Kurt. NYADA wasn't expanded for Kurt.   NOTHING was, even things not Klaine related.

It's too pat to blame  a "large part" on the Klaine of it.  Putting it another way, look at  Santana last year, do we see a pattern?  I doubt anyone would claim her lack of screentime and SL's down the stretch was Klainers playing a large part in that either.   Even Rachel was relatively speaking  underutilized last year.  Her falling to 4th or 5th in songs and 8th in screen time.

It's a larger underlying problem is what I'm saying.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/20/2013, 5:51 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:A couple of thoughts on episode four spoilers:

1. I have never heard of any of those songs.
2. Starchild is a stupid name for a character ( and I am ignoring the way some people are trying to connect it to star kid)
3.  Too much McKinley (but really five seconds is too much McKinley at this point)
4. With only four songs, hopefully that means we will get some acting good scenes with his nemesis guest star.
5. With only four song, we will probably have to endure painfully subpar acting scenes from McKinley
I think Starchild might be a homage to David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, and Adam's character is a glam rocker. I agree on the McKinley comments, all of them.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/20/2013, 6:13 pm

Divalicious wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:A couple of thoughts on episode four spoilers:

1. I have never heard of any of those songs.
2. Starchild is a stupid name for a character ( and I am ignoring the way some people are trying to connect it to star kid)
3.  Too much McKinley (but really five seconds is too much McKinley at this point)
4. With only four songs, hopefully that means we will get some acting good scenes with his nemesis guest star.
5. With only four song, we will probably have to endure painfully subpar acting scenes from McKinley
I think Starchild might be a homage to David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, and Adam's character is a glam rocker.  I agree on the McKinley comments, all of them.
It reminded me of Starkid...
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 9/20/2013, 7:26 pm

If the writers and RIB thought it was a priority to give the character of Kurt SL's and screen time they would have done it. They can still do it.
Just my opinion, of course, but I think one of the biggest problems Glee has is that the writers themselves don't know what their priorities are.

Going into Season 4 they said Rachel was the star of the show and would be the only character to be in every episode. That clearly didn't happen and even though Rachel dominated the NY storyline, NY only got about 5-10 minutes an episode when it wasn't absent entirely.

Then Ryan was talking about rotating characters in and out of Glee club to keep the show going indefinitely. If that was a priority, then they should have let the originals go or started to phase them out at least and focused on the development of the new kids. Yet much of the McKinley time was on Blaine and Sam, who never interacted with the new kids in any significant way, and they've positioned both Blaine and Artie to cross over to NY.

You could say given the amount of songs and screen time he gets that Blaine is a priority, yet his character remains terribly underdeveloped, shallow, and comes off as increasingly ridiculous. I'm also reasonably sure that the reason the writers went with cheating as a reason for the Klaine break up was so that they could explore Kurt single and with other potential suitors in NY. However, they obviously either chickened out on that one or just switched focus entirely.

Brittana was never intended to be anything other than a joke and Blaine was supposed to be in three episodes...but Twitter happened and RIB tend to let their focus and priorities shift on the whim of their young and tweet happy fans- not just K(B)lainers, but Darren stans do tend to be loud and RIB do seem to cater to them as of late. If the Glamberts cause a Glee twitter frenzy, I have no doubt focus/priority will (once again) shift and we'll be seeing more Starchild than was ever intended.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 7:47 pm

Lea:

Back in the studio w/ @alxanders for #Glee today. Singing one of my fav new pop songs! You guys are gonna love

Either there are more songs in 5.04 we don't know about, or Lea has the lead on 'Roar" because the Queen doesn't usually gush about singing backup.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/20/2013, 10:51 pm

Another scene with Sue:
http://tvline.com/2013/09/20/glee-season-5-sue-sylvester-principal/

So Becky confessed to the shooting  and got a month long suspension...Rolling Eyes
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/21/2013, 5:58 am

Buenos wrote:Another scene with Sue:

So Becky confessed to the shooting  and got a month long suspension...Rolling Eyes
omg !!! Shocked actual continuity.
is armageddon here ???unsure 

you know, i'm so excited for the new season of glee, that i haven't bothered to watch a single promo or preview yet. i'm in total apathy mode. whateva
and i've only listened to maybe half of the full length beatles songs (all of chris's are fab by the way wub never thought that i would love a klaine duet ever again)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 9/21/2013, 11:57 am

Buenos wrote:Another scene with Sue:

I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually remembered that storyline, but I think Becky should've gotten expelled. Bringing a weapon to school is a big no-no.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/21/2013, 2:28 pm

But this is Glee, and reality only counts when convenient. Becky should have been expelled, and even if Sue got her job back, she wouldn't have progressed further in the school system, because she basically hide a felony (I think firing a gun without a permit is a felony, not my expertise) and therefore is a party to it. They should both be on at least probation. I like the idea of Sue being forced to use one of those ankle locator thingiesrazz .

In reality Kurt would be turning guys away at the door, and people would find Santana too harsh or Rachel too needy. They keep these characters, except Kurt, really, as caricatures, to make it easier to tell a joke.

I'll watch Glee, but I am also apathetic. Too many years of disappointment have trained me well. If a happy moment for Kurt (and that is character happiness, not fandom happiness) occurs, I will smile, but my emotions have been battered too long to really invest.

I don't listen to the songs ahead of time, I like to hear them in context, but I am looking forward to hearing Chris sing. That's about it.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/21/2013, 2:29 pm

So they are going to resolve that whole Shooting Star/Sue covering for Becky mess in a 15 seconds voice over..... blinkk

Becky gets suspended and Sue gets her job back plus a promotion to principal, even though she still hid a gun and failed to report an accidental firing (twice!) of said gun for at least a day, which among other things resulted in a school lock down.
Right..... Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 30 Ab-headbang

But "Yay!" for continuity, I guess? LaughingMad 

Wanna bet this isn't the only plotline they quickly resolve in the first episode back: Ryder and quitting ND, anyone?
I just wish they had done the same with that stupid proposal idea from Blaine.smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/21/2013, 3:02 pm

I'm getting the idea that Kurt will have the talk he needs to have with Blaine with Burt instead (in the scene we got the screencaps of, before Kurt enters Dalton). 

It's obvious they can't have Klaine talk about Blaine's cheating and how much that hurt Kurt because it would paint Blaine in a bad light. (plus it would painfully show how bad of an actor Darren is)
But they can have Kurt talking to Burt about trust issues and doubts about a future with Blaine, especially if they still have to go a LDR for a couple of months, without even mentioning the cheating and without giving away whether Burt even knows about the cheating. 

And then Burt will tell Kurt something like "There are no guarantees in life, you have to keep your loved ones close" and more blah blah blah. Maybe they could even add Kurt saying "Blaine and I already talked about it" or Burt advicing him: "You and Blaine should talk about that" (off-screen of course ).

It would be the needed Klaine talk by proxy: and tadaaaaaa! problem solved. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/22/2013, 2:09 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 30 Tumblr10

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/22/2013, 2:30 am

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 30 Tumblr10
Looking at this, I wonder if Blaine asked her mom to lend him the basket. I'm sorry but what teenage would afford something like this?. Oh Glee, you and your irreal things.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/22/2013, 2:41 am

brisallie wrote:Looking at this, I wonder if Blaine asked her mom to lend him the basket. I'm sorry but what teenage would afford something like this?. Oh Glee, you and your irreal things.
You know we just assumed that Blaine is the one who organizes the picnic and surprises Kurt with the marching band and all but what if it's the other way round. Maybe I'm affected by some speculations I saw on tumblr but in this picture Blaine is the one who looks surprised.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/22/2013, 2:49 am

I think we assumed if Blaine who organizes all of this, because he's the one who is eager to get back with Kurt. At least that how I see it.

I haven't been on tumblr for days, so I've no idea what's going. You're my only source guys Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/22/2013, 6:33 am

I won't be joining in on the listing game for the songs because I've only listened to the ones with Kurt in them (the Klaine duet, the Hummelberry duet and 'Let it Be'). I'll suffer through the rest of the songs as necessary when I watch the episodes (Or not, given that the fast-forward button is my friend when I watch the current Glee episodes).

Ranwing wrote:
I still think that IWTHYH is still the high water mark of just what you can do with a Beatles song, both in arrangement and in performance. Chris was able to communicate the most powerful emotion without resorting to tricks, and he was able to translate a song about youthful love to one of longing for his father. I just don't think that any of the songs in this ep come anywhere close to accomplishing what they did with IWTHYH.
Seconded. After hearing Kurt's version of IWTHYH, I listened to the Beatles' version out of curiosity and had a hard time convincing myself that they were the same song. The arrangement and the emotion behind the song completely changed what the song was about. Kurt's IWTHYH was a very powerful song performance; one that stirs emotions in me every time I listen to it and brings to my mind Kurt's grief.

I really can't say the same for the recent Glee covers. Most songs on Glee have no purpose nowadays. I bet we're getting this double episode Beatles tribute just because Mr Schue wrote 'The Beatles' on the white board.

brisallie wrote:
Even though I dislike how much exposure has Darren on the show, by other side I don't hate as much as wants him to hurt his voice and don't sing anymore, that's cruel, I wish his take some vitamins or see a doctor to get better. Going back to my not so nice side, I hope this means he is taking some rest for a long time.
If I choose to be evil, I would be cackling gleefully when the Blaine/DC stans clamor for more Blaine songs on Glee. I would not get frustrated over their endless demands for their fave to sing in every song on the show. I'll be thinking, 'Yes, push for more Blaine songs. Force DC to strain his voice even further until he can't sing a note without even tone-deaf people wincing'.

Well, that's me harbouring the evil mindset. The real me doesn't wish ill of anybody; even celebrities whom I'm not particularly interested in.

Seriously, if the Blaine/DC stans would put aside their stan goggles, closely listen to how DC sounded on the Beatles songs, and be genuinely concerned over DC as a person with aspirations to become a successful singer, they should stop wishing for him to sing so much.

Jellyrolls wrote:
The writers can't remember what they write five minutes and you expect that they would remember something that was written months ago?  
In the comic book world, you get editors working closely with the writer and other fellow editors to check for continuity and stuff before any new project gets the go-ahead. Don't they hire people to do the same thing for TV shows? I understand that every episode on Glee costs a small fortune to make. Why won't they invest a little bit more in the writing aspect of the show so that the story development doesn't, for want of a better word, suck too much?

Vir Cotto wrote:
Considering Kurt steamed up the screen any time he was within 20 feet of his last nemesis, Sebastian,  I wait with great anticipation what he's going to do with Adam L. Chris has subverted the text before. He's the one who decided the Kurt and Mercedes were BFFs, and played it up in the background until RIB caught on. He decided that Kurt "cheating" with Chandler was stupid and eyerolled his way through the entire episode, thereby making Blaine's reaction look like a three year old throwing a fit. It was Kurt's reaction to Blaine's cheating that turned everyone but the stans against the greasy little hobbit, and no amount of sob filled solos could get their sympathy back.
It's just one of the reasons why I admire Chris. His subtle but no less powerful acting allows us to know what Kurt actually feels about a given situation, regardless of what the script had forced Kurt to say.

I feel that Blaine would be spared a lot of outraged negative reaction if DC had the skills to play the scene in TBU differently-- in such a way that his talk about Kurt not being there as a reason for his infidelity would come across as devastated and remorseful instead of accusatory. DC chose to salvage Blaine's image by writing a pre-emptive apologetic message to his fans. He should've tried to salvage it through his acting instead.

fantastica wrote:
Buenos wrote:
« 5x04 Title + Full Song Spoiler

5x04 Title - A Katy or A Gaga

Full Song Spoiler
Roar - Unique, Jake, Sam, Marley, Tina, Artie, Ryder, Kitty, Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Dani and Starchild
ok this song reminds me of that xmas song in which lots of people in duet pairs sing a line. i am sure kurt will sing second voice to blaine in one line, to fill his singing quota. dryy 
That's what I'm expecting to happen as well. There are just too any singers on one song. How many group songs on Glee had successfully highlighted each individual singer? I could only think of Bad romance.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/22/2013, 10:55 am

sheny wrote:
brisallie wrote:Looking at this, I wonder if Blaine asked her mom to lend him the basket. I'm sorry but what teenage would afford something like this?. Oh Glee, you and your irreal things.
You know we just assumed that Blaine is the one who organizes the picnic and surprises Kurt with the marching band and all but what if it's the other way round. Maybe I'm affected by some speculations I saw on tumblr but in this picture Blaine is the one who looks surprised.
I'm pretty sure I suggested this back when they released the shots during filming. I know I said there was no way that preparing a basket like that was in character for Blaine, unless they're starting to put Kurt-character-traits in him to make him more appealing. That looks like a romantic-Kurt basket.

Any chance that the date is Kurt's idea? Or that it isn't a date, but a picnic, and things get out of hand/they kiss or reunite without it having been the plan, then Blaine decides it's time to propose after all?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/22/2013, 11:47 am

@Anne Neville, having second thoughts, I think as friends they can have a picnic Smile but as you said, at some point things will get out of control. And if is Kurt the one who thought all of this, still I wonder how did he get that basket? Is fancy.

@Delight, choose to be evil Twisted Evil. Ok being serious, I agree that instead of focusing how amazing he "sounds" or looks,as real fans they're supposed to be, they should be worried for Darren's health.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/22/2013, 11:56 am

Blaine has rich parents. Is it so hard to assume he could purchase an expensive picnic basket?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/22/2013, 1:00 pm

You know, maybe we'll actually get continuity for both Blaine and Kurt in the picnic/GTGYIML scene, and how they are on the opposite end of the spectrum in regards to different things.

To Kurt, the picnic is just a way to have a nice lunch with his friend Blaine before he heads back to New York. To Blaine, it's a huge romantic gesture from Kurt that means that they are most certainly a couple again, and one step closer to getting engaged.

To Kurt, singing GTGYIML is just singing a Beatles song to inspire his friend during Beatles week. To Blaine, it means that they are back together again, and all is forgiven and forgotten.

To Kurt, the kiss was just a kiss between between friends after singing a song with his friend Blaine. To Blaine, it means that they are full on head over heels in love like nothing happened between them, and they were never broken up.

Let's face it, since the breakup, Blaine always takes ever little thing that happens between them as "we're back together" while Kurt is a lot more casual about it.

Of course, this doesn't explain the damn ring on Kurt's finger. Of course, that could just mean that Kurt accepted the ring because he was in the awkward position of having basically everyone he has ever come in contact with help Blaine with the proposal, so he has no choice but to accept because he doesn't want to humiliate Blaine in front of the Glee universe, and he will then privately give Blaine the ring back and tell him he is a freaking nutcase who should be institutionalized and he's getting a restraining order against him.

Of course, that still doesn't explain how Blaine managed to get Burt to bring Kurt there, or why the hell Rachel is there.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/22/2013, 1:26 pm

I am getting to the point that I actually hope they will reunite (it is inevitable), do it without any sincere conversation beforehand and in best case even have the proposal. Without one apology and no voice whatsoever for Kurt. Because it would generate a shitstorm of epic proportions. I bet even non-Kurt fans would come out of their holes and comment on the stupidity and how Glee disregards Kurt as character. Maybe a quick getting back together will be better for us in the long-run, then any slow built with no real consequences.

BTW, Tumblr seems to be toxic currently. The potential Klaine reconciliation and dismissal of Adam really seems to piss people off majorly. Even worse then usual.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next