Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  Delight 9/14/2012, 9:44 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabq19PVvv1r4gxc3o5_500
beam
Yay, Blaine for president! antifana

Oh my goodness. They are revisiting the hairgel ban storyline again blinkk I had made a joke of it and speculated as much, and the writers are really going for it. Oh well, let's hope there will be bearable comedy to be milked out of this silly presidency storyline.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  ColferInspired 9/14/2012, 11:22 pm

Delight wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabq19PVvv1r4gxc3o5_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 3989132357
Yay, Blaine for president! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 820513840

Oh my goodness. They are revisiting the hairgel ban storyline again Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 4029858209 I had made a joke of it and speculated as much, and the writers are really going for it. Oh well, let's hope there will be bearable comedy to be milked out of this silly presidency storyline.

This sounds like it will be really meta, and maybe Blaine has no meaningful platform like Kurt did. Maybe Brittney will have serious issues, but all Blaines are all stupid. Or it is just for comedy.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/15/2012, 12:03 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_maddmn8LUx1r4ezfzo1_500
High-res

fyeahgleeclub:

msleamichele Can you guess where Kurt and Rachel are…? Smile

So this must be for episode 5.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/15/2012, 5:41 am

I'm strangely exicited!

We'll have lots of Kurt in the 3th and 4th episode.
And I think in the 5th too.He has to fix things with Blaine after all.

So,yay!!!SCREENTIME!!!!
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/15/2012, 5:56 am

brit 2.0 spoilers
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madgyxws251qc8kid

You’re welcome! It’s my pleasure, after Britney 2.0 I’ve kind of developed a soft spot for the Puckerman brothers.

Puck does mention that he’s been in LA and has to get back to make his date “with the third runner up from The Bachelor” - so we do find out where he’s been and if I recall, he does mention his pool cleaning business.

You guys are going to be getting a very sweet scene, and I’m really hoping they don’t cut or edit any of it out because I really felt like it needed to be in there to further develop the character of Jake, and it left room for them to bring back Puck into Jake’s life.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madc0sXeIJ1qc8kid

3 is sung by Tina, Sam, and Joe. It’s a stripped down, acoustic version of the sing, with Sam on guitar. It takes place as an homework assignment in the choir room, but it’s really nice slow number. I found it to be a really refreshing take on Britney Spears, and one of the better songs in the episode.

Womanizer is sung by Unique (mostly) with Tina and Marley as back-up vocals and they have small lines here and there. Basically the song is directed at Jake after Marley admits to thinking he’s cute to Unique. We’ve seen a couple of stills from this scene (like the one with all the McKinley girls in gym). It takes place all over the school (hallway, Klaine stairs, gym, library), and it follows Jake around as he goes from one girl to the next.

Overall you can’t really compare the two Britney episodes aside from the music being from the same artist because one episode was about Brittany feeling empowered and acting like she could take charge and get shit done, this episode is kind of the complete opposite and Britney week happens all because ND and Mr. Shue want to cheer Brittany up and get her back to where she was in last season’s episode.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madcn0ZEsq1qc8kid

Oops I Did It Again was hot. Any other variation of the word that comes to mind can be applied as well. It’s definitely earning it’s 9 o’clock time slot. A lot of thrusting, and crotch shot/grabbing and like shots in between Lea’s legs, it was just all kinds of I-can-be-sexy-look. Basically the number is Rachel showing Cassandra that she can be sexy, and that she can be appealing. Zach Woodlee created a flawless number, I mean, I heard a couple of people behind me complain it looked tacky/cheap with how overtly sexy it was, but I think it suited the song, and the atmosphere. The lighting (for once) was spot on, and they had amazing props to work with. And if you were asking about the song…I really can’t remember much about it because the performance it’s self was so captivating. And of course, you have Dean Geyer just nailing his role as the older, mature guy who’s helping a fellow friend out by being her dance partner and then turning the sexy WAY up.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madeqqisyX1qc8kid

Aside from Oops I Did It Again, none that I can recall. Rachel is in the episode a lot though, just not singing and dancing as much as she normally would. There’s a lot of Brochele going on though.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madff5u6mo1qc8kid

Santana is in the second episode for one scene. It involves her and Brittany chatting over Skype and she mentions how she’s been super busy with school and cheerleading so that’s why she hasn’t been talking to Brittany as much, and then she has to cut the conversation short and run off or she’ll be late to practice.

The scene also features Lord Tubbington in a leather vest and sunglasses!

And she’s mentioned heavily in a conversation with Sam and Brittany, so all the Brittana shippers are getting a decent chunk of conversation about how Brittany is handling the separation and everything.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madjz5n1hz1qc8kid

Brittany gets kicked off the cheerios because Sue finally realized how bad her grades were/are, and she can’t have that low of a GPA and be on the Cheerios. According to Sue, she blames her pregnancy (I was eye rolling so hard at this point) and hormones for letting it slide last season. It does happen directly after Hold It Against Me, which spurs her state of depression. And in the end, she does get some of her mojo back and says some really well thought out things to Sue that get her back on the team. I can’t remember if she gets back into the Glee club, because I know that after Gimme More it sounded like she quit/left, but keep in mind that I might be wrong on that last part - I don’t want to get anyone upset and/or hopes up.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_madk4rLJwe1qc8kid

She’s depressed for all the reasons above, and she really did seem to have taken Santana leaving hard. She mentions feeling like she lost her best friend, and how no one gets her like Santana, or is able to protect her/comfort her like her. Brittany is just a mess really. But she does gain her focus back by the end!

Does Kevin have any funny lines?

Kevin has Boys/Boyfriend which is flawless and hilarious and Kevin just needs his own spin-off show please! He’s also in the really funny scene that follows Boys/Boyfriend, so you all have that to look forward too!

X

Lea Michele ‏@msleamichele
This officially is the best day ever.. Shooting with @MsAmberPRiley right now!!!!!! First scene with amber this season! So happy she's here!

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_maddi033up1r4ezfzo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_maddi033up1r4ezfzo2_500

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/15/2012, 6:41 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o1_r1_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o2_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o3_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o4_250
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/15/2012, 6:47 am

tanita_mors wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o1_r1_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o2_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o3_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mabiduLY561qkuoo8o4_250

This has just made me like Cassandra even more.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/15/2012, 10:01 am

Am I the only one who fnds it vasting amusing that Ms. Broadway Berry apparently has no idea of who Cassandra July is or why her career floundered, but Kurt clearly does just after hearing her name? No? Good! ptdr

Now thinking about the anvils that they've been dropping on us about a possible future for Kurt at NYADA...

IF Kurt does reaudition for NYADA (and I certainly hope he will because 1 - he deserves to be there and 2 - the storyline isn't going to work forever if it's only about Rachel), there are several songs that I'd like to see him perform that really would feature his voice beatifully and blow away whatever impression they might have that he can only perform gay characters.

1) St. Jimmy (American Idiot) - the show didn't last forever and Green Day is not your usual writer for a Broadway show, but this is a great character number and will show his ability to not only sing (which Ms.Tibideaux knows he can do), but play a character very different from himself. Playing a malicious, wicked St Jimmy would be a facinating bookend to NTBND, as well as show that Kurt (unlike Rachel apparently) is up to date on what modern Broadway is doing.

2) Leave (Once) - an absolutely gorgeous song performed by a straight male character (The Guy) in a Tony award winning show. It's a pure singers song and would highlight his voice (especially his lower range). He could play with the arrangement to fit his voice well and it will also allow him to show how well he can give the emotional performance that we know he can do.

3) A collection of Mark Cohen's songs or One Song Glory (RENT) - RENT is one of the most popular modern musicals and if Kurt decides to pick something from that, I want him to sing anyone BUT Angel (again, to get away from the gay only label). Mark is one of my favorite characters and has some enormously beautiful vocal performances, and One Song Glory is an amazing number performed by the straight lead character, Roger. Again, Kurt could play with the arrangements and give the emotional performance as well as show his ability to play a character.

4) Manchester England/Where do I Go? (Hair) - while I was looking at newer musicals, I can't escape one of my favorite classics (as well as the first rock musical). These are two gorgeous songs that would bookend beautifully for the character of Claude (again, a straight lead). One is joyous and the second is poingant and wistful. Kurt would blow this completely out of the water, again showing his ability to play a character as well as the emotional connection to a song.

I'm growing increasingly excited about Kurt's storyline because it is such a wide open path they can follow. They're not trapped keeping him in one place and if they decide to put him in NYADA (to salvage the storyline that I think has a clear expiration date), they can. The openings are now there. One freshman has already been expelled and I'm sure that more will follow. The space is made for him. Now he just has to earn it. It would be facinating to see Kurt excelling at Vogue and having the prospectes of an amazing career there (where his talent is readily recognized, accepted and rewarded) and also earns a spot in NYADA. Kurt deserves to actually have choices after being left with no choices at the end of season 3. I'd like to see him have the chance to realize where his heart really lays and have the freedom to follow it. He deserves it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/15/2012, 11:50 am

Ranwing wrote:Am I the only one who fnds it vasting amusing that Ms. Broadway Berry apparently has no idea of who Cassandra July is or why her career floundered, but Kurt clearly does just after hearing her name? No? Good! ptdr

I find that it's similar to the scenario where Quinn knew more about the CATS musical than Rachel in the season 2 finale. Inconsistent characterization is Glee's specialty after all.

I'm more disheartened over the fact that Kurt's major scene/contribution in the second episode will probably be just this.

Another article. Nothing about Kurt though.

9 Glee Spoilers: Finn's Return, More Sam Impressions and a New School Musical?
Sep 14, 2012 03:58 PM ET
by Kate Stanhope

Glee's Season 4 premiere on Thursday answered many burning questions (Can Cassandra July actually out-dance her wide-eyed ingénues? Yes, she can!), but it also left fans with a set of new ones . When the heck is Finn coming back? Is Tina going to be mean forever? What's next for Klaine after Kurt's teary goodbye? And most importantly, what other celebrity impressions can we expect from Sam next? We got the answers to all those and more:

1. Is McKinley putting on another musical?
Loved the New Directions' performance of "Summer Nights" last season? Well, you're in luck because co-creator and executive producer Ian Brennan teased an upcoming episode that sounds to be heavy on Grease lightning. "Our Grease episode, which we just finished writing, I think, is certainly our strongest episode in a while," he tells TVGuide.com. "It just ended up really funny and sweet and weird." While it won't be a full-on tribute episode, a la next week's "Britney 2.0," Jenna Ushkowitz offered a few more hints. "There's a possibility of a musical and we may be putting on a show," she said. When asked if it would follow in the footsteps of last year's West Side Story production, she said "perhaps, yes, definitely." As much as we loved Sam (Chord Overstreet) as Danny Zuko, we're pretty sure new girl Marley (Melissa Benoist) and resident bad boy Jake (Jacob Artist) have Sandy and Danny written all over them.

2. Is fierce Tina here to stay? Don't go casting Tina as Rizzo just yet, because she might lose that new 'tude she developed over the summer as fast as she gained it. "She's a b---," Ushkowitz says with a laugh. "I'm sort of going for it because they're writing for it .... but I think she'll be brought down real quick."

3. Is Finn heading back to Ohio?
Although some would have guessed Finn (Cory Monteith) would be headed straight for NYC to see his beloved Rachel (Lea Michele) as soon as he finished his Army duties, it sounds like he'll be back in Lima. "There's some fun stuff with me and Cory that's coming up," Overstreet says, also adding that he hopes to see Sam back on the swim team this year. "Those are so fun — doing those ... swimming scenes," he says.

4. Who will Sam impersonate next?
Ask, and ye shall receive! Sure, Trouty Mouth has a beautiful singing voice, but he's quickly becoming more well-known for his spot-on impressions of celebrities ranging from Sean Connery in The Hunt for Red October to Taylor Lautner via The Twilight Saga. And that's just the beginning. "I may throw a Christopher Walken out there. I may do a George Bush. Anything goes as far as the impressions go," Overstreet says. "A lot of times, we'll get there on the day and ad-lib some stuff so who knows."

5. Is Blaine off the market?
Things may get bumpy for Klaine now that Kurt (Chris Colfer) is in New York, but Darren Criss is confident about their long-term future. "I think we've set up the fact that they are the couple that people like, so we have our Ross and Rachel," he says. "Regardless of if they are together or not for the rest of the season, it's going to be that exciting [relationship] that you always want to happen, so to me that's like a victory." If the two go their separate ways, however, Criss sounded none too keen on the idea of a new love interest. "Ew, I hope not," he says. "He better be really cute."

6. Will Sue finally lay off of Will and the glee club for good?
Yeah right. "It's a little interesting because having a baby made her mean again for some reason so she has a little bit of that anger back at Will again," Matthew Morrison says. "There's a little toe-to-toe action this season." And you know the best way to work out that tension? Through song, duh! (This is Glee, after all.) Morrison says he and Jane Lynch will sing an "obscure" Irving Berlin tune together in an upcoming episode.

7. Who's next on Sam's dance card?
He's romanced Quinn (Dianna Agron), Santana (Naya Rivera) and, most recently Mercedes (Amber Riley), so who will Sam woo next? "I've heard little bits and pieces of Ryan [Murphy] dropping hints of love stuff here and there," he says. However, he did shut the door on a possible reunion with Mercedes. "I think that ship's probably sailed. I think she's in L.A. doing her thing and Sam is good with her following her dreams."

8. When are the old seniors coming back?
Artist says that many of members of the Class of 2012 have been popping up on the McKinley set. "They all kind of have their own story lines post-graduation so it kind of works seamlessly with what they're doing," he hinted. Does that include his half-brother, Puck (Mark Salling), who has yet to find out about Jake? "You might just see one," Artist says. "I think it be cool to see the dynamic between the two of them when they meet for the first time."

X

^ I will weep if Klaine ever becomes like Ross and Rachel.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/15/2012, 12:45 pm

Delight wrote:

I find that it's similar to the scenario where Quinn knew more about the CATS musical than Rachel in the season 2 finale. Inconsistent characterization is Glee's specialty after all.

I don't think it's inconsistant. Rachel strikes me as being focused on the Broadway of 20+ years ago (where Patti and Barbra were ruling the Great White Way). She seems profoundly ignorant about modern theater and I'm not totally surprised that she wouldn't know (or be bothered to know) who Cassandra July is.

I'm more disheartened over the fact that Kurt's major scene/contribution in the second episode will probably be just this.

Since I'm already warned that this will be a Kurt-light ep, I'm prepared to just get some brief stuff and I'm okay with that (considering that season 3 is going to heavily focus on Kurt). I'll enjoy watching Rachel continue to flounder because she can't get a read on how to deal with Cassandra without angering or insulting her.

We just have to bide our time, my friends. Kurt will get his due.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/15/2012, 2:29 pm

chris will have like 5 seconds of screentime, but he will still be fully paid for that episode. It's not his loss, it's ours. I am happy for him, but mad at the writers. Smile

I hope chris will release more picture of his cat. if we can't have more Kurt, at least we should have more Brian.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/15/2012, 9:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:Am I the only one who fnds it vasting amusing that Ms. Broadway Berry apparently has no idea of who Cassandra July is or why her career floundered, but Kurt clearly does just after hearing her name? No? Good! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 2641883990

Now thinking about the anvils that they've been dropping on us about a possible future for Kurt at NYADA...

IF Kurt does reaudition for NYADA (and I certainly hope he will because 1 - he deserves to be there and 2 - the storyline isn't going to work forever if it's only about Rachel), there are several songs that I'd like to see him perform that really would feature his voice beatifully and blow away whatever impression they might have that he can only perform gay characters.

1) St. Jimmy (American Idiot) - the show didn't last forever and Green Day is not your usual writer for a Broadway show, but this is a great character number and will show his ability to not only sing (which Ms.Tibideaux knows he can do), but play a character very different from himself. Playing a malicious, wicked St Jimmy would be a facinating bookend to NTBND, as well as show that Kurt (unlike Rachel apparently) is up to date on what modern Broadway is doing.

2) Leave (Once) - an absolutely gorgeous song performed by a straight male character (The Guy) in a Tony award winning show. It's a pure singers song and would highlight his voice (especially his lower range). He could play with the arrangement to fit his voice well and it will also allow him to show how well he can give the emotional performance that we know he can do.

3) A collection of Mark Cohen's songs or One Song Glory (RENT) - RENT is one of the most popular modern musicals and if Kurt decides to pick something from that, I want him to sing anyone BUT Angel (again, to get away from the gay only label). Mark is one of my favorite characters and has some enormously beautiful vocal performances, and One Song Glory is an amazing number performed by the straight lead character, Roger. Again, Kurt could play with the arrangements and give the emotional performance as well as show his ability to play a character.

4) Manchester England/Where do I Go? (Hair) - while I was looking at newer musicals, I can't escape one of my favorite classics (as well as the first rock musical). These are two gorgeous songs that would bookend beautifully for the character of Claude (again, a straight lead). One is joyous and the second is poingant and wistful. Kurt would blow this completely out of the water, again showing his ability to play a character as well as the emotional connection to a song.

I'm growing increasingly excited about Kurt's storyline because it is such a wide open path they can follow. They're not trapped keeping him in one place and if they decide to put him in NYADA (to salvage the storyline that I think has a clear expiration date), they can. The openings are now there. One freshman has already been expelled and I'm sure that more will follow. The space is made for him. Now he just has to earn it. It would be facinating to see Kurt excelling at Vogue and having the prospectes of an amazing career there (where his talent is readily recognized, accepted and rewarded) and also earns a spot in NYADA. Kurt deserves to actually have choices after being left with no choices at the end of season 3. I'd like to see him have the chance to realize where his heart really lays and have the freedom to follow it. He deserves it.

I love all this. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/15/2012, 9:24 pm

I have a feeling about Season 3 that the big bosses wanted Darren to outshine Chris, and Blaine to be more popular than Kurt, which did not happen, and that people to want only Rachel in Nyada and not Kurt, because they wanted Rachel to outshine Kurt.

The thing is they way they did it, had the opposite affect, which then would have told the big bosses differently in the backlash they were given by fans.

And is good that the media haven't forgotten even when they bring up when they interview Chris and talk about Glee.

If Ryan wants Kurt in Nyada, then it could happen, because it will have nothing to do with Blaine or Rachel. This is Kurt's story.

And I want to see Chris as Kurt doing a straight performance again, it would show even more what a brilliant actor he is and show that yes, Chris can play straight even as Kurt performing.

We saw a bit of it in "Laryginitis" now I want to see him do it doing a broadway number or as Ranwing suggested "St Jimmy", which I would think would be amazing, and Chris would kill it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 650269930

But the thing is with Kurt and Rachel going back to Lima, Kurt is not a loser, because he is succeeding at Vogue. Kurt is more successful than Rachel.

And Vogue is a job, and his success there will boost his confidence and give him new focus on his dream.

Everytime they mention Vogue they say job not career, in that he is doing it as a job not planning it to be a career.

This would be better journey as it will be hopefully building up to something big.

And when I think about if it is true that later they will be moving into an Manhatten apartment because of Kurt's job, why isn't Rachel working, and is Kurt paying everything?

You'd think she'd get at least get a part time job. Or maybe her dads will start supporting her again.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/16/2012, 3:13 am

Ranwing wrote:
Delight wrote:

I don't think it's inconsistant. Rachel strikes me as being focused on the Broadway of 20+ years ago (where Patti and Barbra were ruling the Great White Way). She seems profoundly ignorant about modern theater and I'm not totally surprised that she wouldn't know (or be bothered to know) who Cassandra July is.

Good point. I guess it's canon that Rachel doesn't know about the CATS musical, and now this Broadway 'train-wreck' Cassandra July. In a way, it's consistent characterization.

Kurt and Rachel may share the same dream, but they clearly are different in their level of knowledge, and tastes in music.

fantastica wrote:chris will have like 5 seconds of screentime, but he will still be fully paid for that episode. It's not his loss, it's ours. I am happy for him, but mad at the writers. Smile

Another good point. I shall endeavor to be happy that Chris got paid a good amount of money for a lot less work. It's good to look at the bigger picture sometimes neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/16/2012, 4:41 am

In the end, Hollywood is about money, and if they feel some sex appeal brings them more money, they are all about capitalizing on it. Darren and Lea are very comfortable in more exposed photo shoots, especially Lea, because advertisers love to sexualize women, even if women do the most shopping, which I never understand.

I do think there was a big push to try to get Lea an Emmy nod, and it is very obvious everyone considers her the star of the show. Again, I remain contrary, so the more they push the less interested I become. But a lot of people are lemmings and just follow what they are told.

I don't think TPTB want Blaine to be more popular than Kurt, because Kurt is hugely popular, I think they want him to match up. They also like his middle of the road persona. He is very acceptable. He is comfortable. Masculine enough for the girls, but not threatening to the guys. His voice is pleasant, and he sings popular songs. He is easy to push. In reality being in the gay relationship is kind of good for Darren, because quite frankly he isn't the tallest dude. He looks good with Lea, but look how tiny she is. Most Hollywood types, like models, are on the taller side. Him being paired with a popular, increasingly attractive guy only adds to his marketability. It is okay for him to be shorter with a guy more than it would be with a woman, again, stereotyping Hollywood standards.

When the show ends, they know people are going to remember Kurt and Chris, but they will only remember Darren, because Blaine just doesn't have that much zip outside of performances. That may change, as the dynamics in the classroom have changed, but Darren does have his acting limitations, like his singing, he is pleasant, but not amazing. They know Blaine hit because of Kurt, not because of Darren's acting, otherwise he would have stood out a lot more in his previous television show Eastwick.

In the end the people at FOX want money and awards. Money from ITunes and commercials, where awards might bring them a different clientele to buy commercials, and is automatic free advertising. Darren may bring them Itunes, but they know their best chance of recurrent Emmy nominations is Chris and Jane. I think the fact that Chris didn't get a nomination this year was not lost to the people in charge, and they will attempt to rectify it this year. Which means Kurt might actually get comedy, after years of drought.

Chris is increasing his marketability, not only with diversifying his interests, writing and acting in movies, writing a book. There is no way they won't want to utilize that, because it is all about money and appearance. Chris is an attractive, intelligent, thoughtful, productive young man. Who wouldn't want him to be a figure head for them. He makes being gay a non-issue for more and more people. People like nice people, there are far too many means ones out there, and supporting such a genuine young man makes you feel good.

Just because Kurt wasn't front and center right out the gate doesn't mean diddly, other than their focus will always be Rachel's journey. Kurt's journey will always have less focus, because no matter how little he gets, people always exaggerate it. Look at the wedding, and all the loooonnnng back lash from that. St. Kurt, everyone complimenting him, but not one person mentioned about Finn getting to sing twice, that everyone else got to sing at the wedding, but Kurt didn't. I just wish it had occurred to my little mind at the time to bring that out, but I was busy being hurt by all the mean comments had about Kurt. But in the end people will remember Kurt's journey, and the feelings about it, it will touch you personally. Because we don't get to win all the time, life is a struggle, nothing is handed to us, and we have more losses than wins. Kurt is our journey. Rachel, well, you know she will win, and it will be big and amazing, but it will be her's alone.

Perhaps to kids, Rachel's journey is more personal, perhaps it is wish fulfullment. Maybe it makes them feel like a winner, and good for them if it does. It is hard to feel like a winner in this world. But I know as an adult, and no where near young anymore it is Kurt's journey that calls out to me. I feel him so personally, like I have never for any other character. I've certainly like characters before, found them charming and likeable, special even, but nothing like Kurt. I want him to win not so I can win, but because I want KURT to win, he matters to me, fictional as he is.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/16/2012, 6:20 am

I am not sure if I want to see Kurt to have NYADA storyline again, I surely don't want Kurt to give up on his dream of being a performer, but I just don't trust writers with it at all. And even if he got in, he will be always compared to Rachel and we all know who always be the winner.

And although I loved NTBNT I would love to Kurt to show he is capable of something different as well but I don't expect to see something like this on the show. The writers themselves are terribly stereotyping Kurt, they seem from some weird reason to think that if he sang something different than female ballad or "gay" song that he would not be true to himself or something, at least that is what I got from them.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2012, 9:22 am

Divalicious wrote:I do think there was a big push to try to get Lea an Emmy nod, and it is very obvious everyone considers her the star of the show. Again, I remain contrary, so the more they push the less interested I become. But a lot of people are lemmings and just follow what they are told.

THey've been trying to get Lea major award nods for three years now and besides ensemble awards, she has not earned any major awards for playing Rachel. When you look on Wikipedia, the majority of her awards are either fashion based (like winning Victoria's Secret Sexiest Smile) charity based or fan awards. She has not won any major individual acting awards for this part.

As far as them pushing her as the "star", it's been obvious that the show is trying to cling to its origins as an ensemble show. But the balance that the show is trying to maintain, holding Lea up as the star while at the same time keeping the ensemble storyline moving is showing the strain. I think that the character that suffered most over this is Will, who went from being a major character in season 1 to having a very reduced role in season 3.

I don't think TPTB want Blaine to be more popular than Kurt, because Kurt is hugely popular, I think they want him to match up. They also like his middle of the road persona. He is very acceptable. He is comfortable. Masculine enough for the girls, but not threatening to the guys. His voice is pleasant, and he sings popular songs. He is easy to push. In reality being in the gay relationship is kind of good for Darren, because quite frankly he isn't the tallest dude. He looks good with Lea, but look how tiny she is. Most Hollywood types, like models, are on the taller side. Him being paired with a popular, increasingly attractive guy only adds to his marketability. It is okay for him to be shorter with a guy more than it would be with a woman, again, stereotyping Hollywood standards.

I like Darren so I don't want to shit all over him, but while he is talented, he's not an amazingly strong performer in any area. He has a nice voice, but as we've said many times before, it's somewhat limited in range and generic. He's good looking and charming. He's an adequate actor (and has been well served by being able to act opposite Chris). He comes in with the Starkid fandom that I think overinflates how popular he is, but he's a good guy so my irritation with the show is that they've turned his character into a human juke box. I don't think it serves the show well, and it won't do anything to help Darren further his career.

His height may not necessarily hurt his acting career (since it didn't hurt Tom Cruise), but yeah... he is short. The fans don't call him hobbit for nothing.

When the show ends, they know people are going to remember Kurt and Chris, but they will only remember Darren, because Blaine just doesn't have that much zip outside of performances. That may change, as the dynamics in the classroom have changed, but Darren does have his acting limitations, like his singing, he is pleasant, but not amazing. They know Blaine hit because of Kurt, not because of Darren's acting, otherwise he would have stood out a lot more in his previous television show Eastwick.

I think that this season is going to be the test of how well Darren can carry a story without being propped up by a stronger actor. I'm not totally optimistic, given that we saw him carrying an episode with little interaction with Chris and it was saved because Matt Boomer was so much fun. I just haven't seen anything that he has grown as an actor since he joined the show.

In the end the people at FOX want money and awards. Money from ITunes and commercials, where awards might bring them a different clientele to buy commercials, and is automatic free advertising. Darren may bring them Itunes, but they know their best chance of recurrent Emmy nominations is Chris and Jane. I think the fact that Chris didn't get a nomination this year was not lost to the people in charge, and they will attempt to rectify it this year. Which means Kurt might actually get comedy, after years of drought.

I agree that Chris and Jane are their strongest prospects for awards, but I'm at the point where I don't think awards mean all that much to TPTB that run the show (and I'm also talking about the network heads). They like to focus on the new shows for awards, and it seems to me that they have been sacrificing show quality (the best way to get awards buzz) for quick Itunes sales. And we see that in the quality of the music, replacing iconic show tunes and classics with covers of recent pop hits (except if they're doing a tribute ep).

Chris is increasing his marketability, not only with diversifying his interests, writing and acting in movies, writing a book. There is no way they won't want to utilize that, because it is all about money and appearance. Chris is an attractive, intelligent, thoughtful, productive young man. Who wouldn't want him to be a figure head for them. He makes being gay a non-issue for more and more people. People like nice people, there are far too many means ones out there, and supporting such a genuine young man makes you feel good.

It's become very clear that Chris, of all the cast members, has the most potential to become a major star once Glee is over. Everything he's done outside of Glee that has been very well recieved and has been a result of his own creative imput. We haven't seen this with any of the other cast members. Lea Michelle's one movie had her playing a singer (big stretch there) and even though it had a very strong ensemble cast full of Hollywood heavyweights flopped in the theaters and got poor critical reception (rated at 7% fresh on Rotton Tomatoes). For all that she's in the public eye, she has not proven herself able to carry anything without focusing primarily on her singing). Cory is, thankfully, doing multiple film projects now so we'll see how well he does outside of Glee (which I think he might be wanting to move on a bit from). Darren was well-recieved on Broadway, but he was stepping into a part already established by another bankable star. It remains to be seen if he's got the power to carry a project completely on his own. So far of the Glee cast, Chris is the only one (besides Jane) who managed to achieve any real succees completely outside of Glee.

Just because Kurt wasn't front and center right out the gate doesn't mean diddly, other than their focus will always be Rachel's journey. Kurt's journey will always have less focus, because no matter how little he gets, people always exaggerate it. Look at the wedding, and all the loooonnnng back lash from that. St. Kurt, everyone complimenting him, but not one person mentioned about Finn getting to sing twice, that everyone else got to sing at the wedding, but Kurt didn't. I just wish it had occurred to my little mind at the time to bring that out, but I was busy being hurt by all the mean comments had about Kurt. But in the end people will remember Kurt's journey, and the feelings about it, it will touch you personally. Because we don't get to win all the time, life is a struggle, nothing is handed to us, and we have more losses than wins. Kurt is our journey. Rachel, well, you know she will win, and it will be big and amazing, but it will be her's alone.

And this is exactly why I've lost all interest in Rachel's story. It's always going to be a sure thing with her. She'll never be allowed to actually lose anything so any sense of uncertainty in her journey is superficial at best. We know that no matter how hard things seem for her, she'll succeed. She'll get the starring role in the Winter Showcase. She'll be lauded as a great talent at NYADA, and she'll go on to beng a big star on Broadway.

Because nothing is every certain in Kurt's storyline, the drama is much, much more powerful. We've seen him lose (many, many times). We've seen him struggle and get little reward as a result. Kurt needs us to root for him. He's got an infinately harder journey than Rachel is ever going to be allowed to have. His story is a much more genuine one than hers at this stage. Somewhere along the line, Ryan became completely enthralled with the fantasy that Rachel presented. I find the hard reality of Kurt's story, with it's hard fought battles and hard won relationships, far more powerful.

Perhaps to kids, Rachel's journey is more personal, perhaps it is wish fulfullment. Maybe it makes them feel like a winner, and good for them if it does. It is hard to feel like a winner in this world. But I know as an adult, and no where near young anymore it is Kurt's journey that calls out to me. I feel him so personally, like I have never for any other character. I've certainly like characters before, found them charming and likeable, special even, but nothing like Kurt. I want him to win not so I can win, but because I want KURT to win, he matters to me, fictional as he is.

That sums it up pretty darned well. When I was grown and dealing with real life on my own, with all the dissapointments and rewards that go along with it, I lost a lot of facination with fairytales. Especially when they are presented as some kind of real-life representation. There's nothing I can relate to with Rachel's story at this stage, but it wasn't always the case. Back in season 1, I very much realted to Rachel, having spent most of my time in high school being unpopular, a member of clubs that were associated with geeks and losers, being bullied and just not fitting in. But now Rachel is the girl who won everything. She got the guy, the rewards and accolaides and admission to her dream school. How she is now is nothing that I can associate with.

Kurt means a great deal to a lot of viewers, myself included. I don't need him to win everything. Just some things. I want to his his efforts rewarded for a change. This is important to me. His journey is infinately more meaningful and more powerful than the fantasy that they've woven around Rachel. And it's the sole reason that I keep watching at this point.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/16/2012, 9:49 am

I'm sure Kurt will end on Broadway at the end.SUPER SURE!
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2012, 11:36 am

Great posts, @Divalicious and @Ranwing.

As for reapplying to NYADA in December: I think that RIB are just building in multiple options and will decide what course to take when it gets clear what storylines are popular and which ones fail.
- If Rachel's NYADA is popular, or if there is media and fan criticism that there are not enough characters in NYADA to make it work, then Kurt will reapply and be accepted in December.
- If NYADA is not popular and Vogue is, Kurt will either stay at Vogue and Rachel at NYADA but their private lives (in the loft) will get more focus while their careers will only be vehicles to initiate a song and dance number or OTT make-overs. Or Rachel will drop out of NYADA and that selfmade off-Broadway show will happen.

Bottom line is that I think that Kurt getting another shot at NYADA is not decided for and because of Kurt's own storyline, but is directly linked to how Rachel's storyline at NYADA will be received by the viewers and the media. I could get angry over this (I even think I am), but that's just the way it is. dryy

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/16/2012, 12:38 pm

Ranwing wrote:It's become very clear that Chris, of all the cast members, has the most potential to become a major star once Glee is over. Everything he's done outside of Glee that has been very well recieved and has been a result of his own creative imput. We haven't seen this with any of the other cast members. Lea Michelle's one movie had her playing a singer (big stretch there) and even though it had a very strong ensemble cast full of Hollywood heavyweights flopped in the theaters and got poor critical reception (rated at 7% fresh on Rotton Tomatoes). For all that she's in the public eye, she has not proven herself able to carry anything without focusing primarily on her singing). Cory is, thankfully, doing multiple film projects now so we'll see how well he does outside of Glee (which I think he might be wanting to move on a bit from). Darren was well-recieved on Broadway, but he was stepping into a part already established by another bankable star. It remains to be seen if he's got the power to carry a project completely on his own. So far of the Glee cast, Chris is the only one (besides Jane) who managed to achieve any real succees completely outside of Glee.
I am not fan of Darren's acting on Glee but I heard he got very positive reviews on playing one of the main characters in some new movie so I am kind of curious if that movie is going to help him in his acting career... I like Cory so I hope he will be succesful with his new movies.. but at this point I also think Chris has the biggest potential to be long lasting star, his talent, drive, imagination and good team seem to pay off. I really hope SBL will be positively accepted by the wilder audience in the december...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2012, 12:41 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Great posts, @Divalicious and @Ranwing.

As for reapplying to NYADA in December: I think that RIB are just building in multiple options and will decide what course to take when it gets clear what storylines are popular and which ones fail.
- If Rachel's NYADA is popular, or if there is media and fan criticism that there are not enough characters in NYADA to make it work, then Kurt will reapply and be accepted in December.
- If NYADA is not popular and Vogue is, Kurt will either stay at Vogue and Rachel at NYADA but their private lives (in the loft) will get more focus while their careers will only be vehicles to initiate a song and dance number or OTT make-overs. Or Rachel will drop out of NYADA and that selfmade off-Broadway show will happen.

Bottom line is that I think that Kurt getting another shot at NYADA is not decided for and because of Kurt's own storyline, but is directly linked to how Rachel's storyline at NYADA will be received by the viewers and the media. I could get angry over this (I even think I am), but that's just the way it is. dryy

I think it's a testiment to Chris's/Kurt's importance on the show that if the NYADA storyline starts to tank, that the showrunners would have Kurt in reserve to save it. Lea's a lovely girl, but can she carry a storyline like this completely on her own? I don't think so. Not in the long run. Especially since her storyline is coming from a somewhat dishonest place - if there's no real possibility that Rachel will fail, then the drama is contrived. The audience can read that very well. I read hundreds of complaints from die hard Rachel stans who were furious over how her storyline played out in the final eps of season 3 because they felt it insulted their intelligence. More than a few wished that she had actually failed because then it wouldn't feel so contrived. And there is nothing that an invested viewer has less patience for than contrivance.

It's pretty telling to me that Rachel gets the storylines where she always has the happy endings while Kurt has the hard slog. Both the characters and the actors are given what they are capable of. I haven't seen anything in Lea's performance of Rachel that shows she can handle the kind of meaty storylines or show the emotional depth that Chris does. I've yet to see her be able to express emotions without resorting to using a song to carry the emotion for her (and then she needs the crutch of using a song that specifically expresses the given emotion). To put it bluntly, there's just no real depth to her performance. Rachel handed a temporary defeat launched into a crying jag that was quickly resolved. Kurt is handled a significant (and perhaps permaent defeat) and he shows all the complex emotions of both dissapointment and depression, but also resolve to rebuild his dreams. Chris is just capable of more as an actor than Lea is. The only thing she has over him is being a more polished singer (though calling her better is a matter of taste IMO).

Now it's no secret how I felt about how Kurt's storyline played out last season. It was an abomidable mess. But which is the more interesting storyline? The character who was given every advantage and then managed to achieve all of her goals and now has to deal with basically the same issues that she had as a teenager all over again. Or the talented character who despite all his drive and capability failed to achieve the goals he strived for and has to figure out what direction to take his life in? Sorry, but I'll take Kurt's storyline any day. While I wish he had gotten into NYADA, I'm excited to see what direction they take his life in at this stage. I'd like to see him struggle, achieve, face setbacks and real challenges that Rachel will never be allowed to face becaue she (and her actress) cannot handle them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2012, 7:30 pm

Call sheet for episode 4: the double date, and a big spoiler about Finn in the army:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_magnlgUGIo1r91bhh
x

Oh boy..... ohmy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/16/2012, 7:41 pm

that is sooooo Finn and if TPTB find out that we know, someone is soooooo gonna be looking for another job.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/16/2012, 7:51 pm

finn shoots himself - he hasn't even been to the battle field yet.

oh please, like father like son? hope finn doesn't get discharged w/ dishonor (something his dad got). :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/16/2012, 10:48 pm

4.05 spoiler from call sheet:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_magykjfvFW1r91bhh

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_magyfvgcb01r91bhh

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_magygsFol61r91bhh

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_magyevdVMS1r91bhh

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_magyi2wsld1r91bhh

so they are doing "grease" this year. not interested because kurt won't be in it at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next