Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

+38
TimF
Kurt addict
AnneNeville
Georgette888
coxfire
ladydianab
ColdFlame96
ariel189
Lottie2303
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
arina
Ireth
Adamina
CloveGlee
sheny
tamara04
sahhar
brisallie
Ranwing
M&M
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
ChrisColferFan1
zuppid
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
ColferGirl
kac
Kurt Hummel
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
bayth
Delight
Jellyrolls
fantastica
BlueJazz
Eaton2011
42 posters

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

Post  arina 8/17/2013, 12:58 pm

"I do" was just pandering to Klainers (and other fandoms), I still cannot believe they made them make out in the backseat of the car without any explanation after the way Kurt was to Blaine on the last episode they were talking to each other (also while dating different guy). While I admit Kurt was definitely hot in the episode, it just didn't make sense... The whole episode seemed rather like separated special episode that is not part of the story at all (although with writer's relationship to continuity more and more episodes start feeling like that)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 1:06 pm

You're right...it made no sense from a narrative standpoint. Some fans just made up their own head canons about either Blaine or Kurt's POV's. I certainly did for Kurt. And once I did, it made it easier for me to enjoy the Kurt Hummel/Chris Colfer hotness. Razz 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/17/2013, 1:40 pm

I confessed I was someone who was a klainer once, and only because Blaine made Kurt felt happy back then. But I'm agree those episodes at Dalton did nothing to the storyline, and actually was like watching a different series into the big one that's Glee. And as I got to the fandom when season 2 was ending, at first I didn't understand why some people was saying how a guest start sings too many songs, so I had to do my research and Blaine was singing as much as Rachel.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/17/2013, 5:27 pm

I think we all just wanted Kurt to be happy, and some of that love that we had for Kurt at the time was also given to Blaine out of appreciation...kind of like how some fans of Chris behave like star stuck little girls around Will. Rolling Eyes I've noticed that some of the characters at the center of my love (in different fandoms) have other characters that I also love just for the fact that they are closely connected to my favorite. For instance, Blaine was a second or third favorite of mine once upon a time just for being Kurt's boyfriend. Even now, I think Rachel is my second favorite character because she is Kurt's best friend. I think most of my love for her comes from Kurt.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/18/2013, 2:31 am

I am different with this, I really loved Kurtcedes for example but Mercedes as individual character never was one of my most favorites (although I like all the originals), I loved Rachel since the beginning and their frinemies and being sort of friends phases (not besties) are still my most favorites Hummelberry. I hate Blaine, I don't care about Adam (not that he got a big chance to show himself) even though I truly wanted to enjoy him... but a character either captivates me or not not matter what his relationship with my other favorites are... actually I think i have alot of favorite characters on different shows who actually hate each other :-D

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/19/2013, 6:48 pm

arina wrote:I am different with this, I really loved Kurtcedes for example but Mercedes as individual character never was one of my most favorites (although I like all the originals), I loved Rachel since the beginning and their frinemies and being sort of friends phases (not besties) are still my most favorites Hummelberry. I hate Blaine, I don't care about Adam (not that he got a big chance to show himself) even though I truly wanted to enjoy him... but a character either captivates me or not not matter what his relationship with my other favorites are... actually I think i have alot of favorite characters on different shows who actually hate each other :-D

Good point! A lot of people are like this.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/20/2013, 10:39 pm

Final DVD blu ray cover for US?

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 12:48 am

brisallie wrote:I confessed I was someone who was a klainer once, and only because Blaine made Kurt felt happy back then. But I'm agree those episodes at Dalton did nothing to the storyline, and actually was like watching a different series into the big one that's Glee. And as I got to the fandom when season 2 was ending, at first I didn't understand why some people was saying how a guest start sings too many songs, so I had to do my research and Blaine was singing as much as Rachel.
I was never a Klainer except in Fanfics If I was ever a Klainer it would had ended by the TBU episode if not before.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/21/2013, 1:39 am

I still support Klaine and based on some spoilers, I'm really excited.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 1:45 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I still support Klaine and based on some spoilers, I'm really excited.
I am glad you are excited ,but I am not I wanted Kadam.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 2:22 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I still support Klaine and based on some spoilers, I'm really excited.
I can see why some like Klaine, and it certainly looks like good times ahead.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/21/2013, 3:31 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
I am glad you are excited ,but I am not I wanted  Kadam.
I understand. I kinda liked Kadam as a friendship.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 3:39 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
I am glad you are excited ,but I am not I wanted  Kadam.
I understand. I kinda liked Kadam as a friendship.
I hope Adam does return and there will be a Kadam friendship. I would even support a friendship between Adam and Blaine as long as they don't turned Adam into a male version of Tina
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/21/2013, 4:46 am

I am very happy for you. I mean this with all sincerity, because currently I'd love to go back to my Klaine-days and to be able to enjoy the couple again (I won't. Too much I just disagree with). However, be prepared to be very alone on this board. In here, you are for once the minority fanny2 

I still want Kurtbastian to happen. A girl can dream. whis 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 8/21/2013, 6:09 am

I've never been a Klainer, most because I'm not into shipping. I was glad Kurt finally had his chance at having a boyfriend, because it was important for his well being and finally brought an end to his loneliness, but that's it.

I never got the enthusiasm that was behind this couple, and why people are so deadset to see them together forever. They are 2 boys that date in High School. Yes, they were each other first boyfriends, but if everyone HAD to stay with his/her first significant other just because it's the first, that would be disheartening. I'm really glad I'm not with my first boyfriend anymore, despite being very attached to him when we were together, and I know that considering how life went by, we wouldn't fit now.

People change, people evolve and grow apart, particularly after high school, and I find it unfair for both Kurt AND Blaine that they are not allowed to experience this part of life, and are locked up into a relationship forever at the mere age of 18/19.
This is what I dislike the most about Klaine, this sentiment that none of the characters are free or allowed to broaden their horizons, as it usually happens in real life.

The show has Blaine utter "He's the love of my life" regarding Kurt, but Blaine hasn't been with anyone else in a relationship, so how could he know? He has no life experience outside of school: how is he going to be like next year (in college/NYADA), will he be outgoing, partying, staying at home? How are both Kurt and Blaine going to evolve when they are 25-30, when they will have actual jobs and responsibility? What are their respective positions toward kids (because this is a HUGE parameter in a relationship)?

None of this was discussed seriously, so that is why I personnally dislike any form of hardshipping (not necessarily from you, Kurtsie4ever, but in general WHATEVER the ship is), particularly in regards with characters who are still teenagers only.

If Klaine HAS to happen, at least show me each of the boys try at another relationship with someone else, but a real one, not tidbits à la Kadam, where you don't even know if the characters are really dating or just very close. Show me the guys be serious with someone else and then realize that they still miss each other, have the boys thell WHY they need the other but don't get them back together with no other reason than "Klaine4ever".

What does Blaine miss about Kurt? WHY does he love him so much? and what do Kurt love in Blaine? What is so special about Blaine that Kurt can only love him? Up until now, the show never answered any of those questions: Kurt dated the only other out gay boy his age he knew at the time and vice-versa, and basically that's it.

So yes, not a Klainer, never was and never will be. But if you are one, I can get why the spoilers make you happy.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2013, 11:39 am

I don't ship, ever. Shipping is for packages. Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 1:37 pm

I hate Klaine so much, I'm sorry. But I wanted Kadam. :( 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 2:12 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I hate Klaine so much, I'm sorry. But I wanted Kadam. :( 

Let's be honest, Glee ruins all relationships, not just Klaine. They'd mangle Kadam in record time.

I don't mind Klaine as long as Kurt gets SL's and screentime and POV. Last year was horrible. Kurt got neither. I also want Kurt to get other storylines.

So it's not that i mind Kurt with Blaine /Klaine but that I also want MORE for Kurt.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 3:23 pm

Yes, they would ruin Kadam eventually for the sake of the endgame crap, just like Brochel. But I still prefer Kadam over Klaine. Kurt is nothing but an afterthought being overshadowed by Blaine and I hate that.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 3:38 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Yes, they would ruin Kadam eventually for the sake of the endgame crap, just like Brochel. But I still prefer Kadam over Klaine. Kurt is nothing but an afterthought being overshadowed by Blaine and I hate that.
Here is the thing, when they are ONSCREEN Blaine doesn't overshadow Kurt.  The problem last year is they split them up and then Kurt was off screen for most of the season.

Kurt more than holds his own as a character with anybody else on the show, including Rachel.  So I'm not  worried about Klaine scenes as far as Kurt being overshadowed, as long they actually just put him on TV.

So I'm not worried about Klaine like  so many are because Kurt is too strong a characters to just recede into the background.  Think of all the scenes last year when Kurt is actually seen , I can't think any where someone else "overpowered" him with their screen prescence.

I think people over worry the KLAINE part of Kurt, the bigger problem was his lack of screentime in NY. Even Rachel was pushed to the back as far as screentime last year.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 3:42 pm

Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Yes, they would ruin Kadam eventually for the sake of the endgame crap, just like Brochel. But I still prefer Kadam over Klaine. Kurt is nothing but an afterthought being overshadowed by Blaine and I hate that.
Here is the thing, when they are ONSCREEN Blaine doesn't overshadow Kurt.  The problem last year is they split them up and then Kurt was off screen for most of the season.

Kurt more than holds his own as a character with anybody else on the show, including Rachel.  So I'm not  worried about Klaine scenes as far as Kurt being overshadowed, as long they actually just put him on TV.

So I'm not worried about Klaine like  so many are because Kurt is too strong a characters to just recede into the background.  Think of all the scenes last year when Kurt is actually seen , I can't think any where someone else "overpowered" him with their screen prescence.

I think people over worry the KLAINE part of Kurt, the bigger problem was his lack of screentime in NY.  Even Rachel was pushed to the back as far as screentime last year.
I am so sick of Blaine hogging every storyline that Kurt is in, though. I'm not saying Chris gets overshadowed as an actor, but the writers have everything stacked against Kurt as a character. It's all about Blaine. Kurt is nothing but his lapdog or will be if they have their way. It's sickening. I'd love for Kurt to have some true independence from Blaine.

Blaine does not deserve Kurt back after what he did, and to see the writers crush Kurt's self esteem and hand him back to Blaine like a trophy he did nothing to win fairly just irks me.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 3:53 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:

I think people over worry the KLAINE part of Kurt, the bigger problem was his lack of screentime in NY.  Even Rachel was pushed to the back as far as screentime last year.
I am so sick of Blaine hogging every storyline that Kurt is in, though. I'm not saying Chris gets overshadowed as an actor, but the writers have everything stacked against Kurt as a character. It's all about Blaine. Kurt is nothing but his lapdog or will be if they have their way. It's sickening. I'd love for Kurt to have some true independence from Blaine.

Blaine does not deserve Kurt back after what he did, and to see the writers crush Kurt's self esteem and hand him back to Blaine like a trophy he did nothing to win fairly just irks me.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree because I think if anything, part of the problem is that  Blaine is his lap dog.  Blaine is the one proposing marriage and saying they are soulmates and that Kurt is the love of his life.  The current storyline makes Blaine look like he has no balls and is just there to follow Kurt around.

The irony is that alot of Blaine stans loathe that about the relationship, so that neither set of fans (of Kurt and Blaine) who are not Klainers are happy.  LOL.

I will say I think Chris and Darren have very good chemistry together, so I don't think it's the worst crime for them to be onscreen acting with each other. I just don't buy that Kurt as a character can't do well in Klaine, it just would have to be written well, which is the big huge IF in any Glee SL, even if it's not Kurt or Klaine related.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 4:01 pm

Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:

I guess we just have to agree to disagree because I think if anything, part of the problem is that  Blaine is his lap dog.  Blaine is the one proposing marriage and saying they are soulmates and that Kurt is the love of his life.  The current storyline makes Blaine look like he has no balls and is just there to follow Kurt around.

The irony is that alot of Blaine stans loathe that about the relationship, so that neither set of fans (of Kurt and Blaine) who are not Klainers are happy.  LOL.
Oh, I agree. Blaine was lead around by Kurt like a puppy in "I Do". It was great, sweet revenge. Twisted Evil He is crazy about Kurt...or at least crazy with the idea of being in love or having a fanboy as a boyfriend. But if the writers really do have Kurt take Blaine back over a Beatles song even when he was determined to get over him and that they were not a couple (ect) in the previous episodes....to wash that all away over something as stupid as a SONG when Blaine has not really apologized or made amends? It just sounds like my worst nightmare as a Kurtsie. It feels like they are making Kurt weak...like they are having him put a "kick me"/"Please Cheat On Me Again" sign on his back. It feels so wrong. Adam treats Kurt with maturity and respect.

True. Some Blainers hate Klaine just as much as most Kurtsies do. It's hilarious.

Their chemistry is on and off to me.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 4:13 pm

x wrote:But if the writers really do have Kurt take Blaine back over a Beatles song even when he was determined to get over him and that they were not a couple (ect) in the previous episodes....to wash that all away over something as stupid as a SONG when Blaine has not really apologized or made amends? It just sounds like my worst nightmare as a Kurtsie.
But at this point how do you make amends? Apparently he said he was sorry many times so it's up to Kurt to determine if he can trust him in a relationship again.

When someone cheats, all they can say is "I'm sorry" and stop the behavior. What else are they suppose to do?

Now I do think it was stupid to show Blaine having a crush on Sam, because it does make you worry about his loyalty, but than again, Kurt and he were broken up.

The part that is screwed up is that he and Kurt are not even a couple. However I don't think they are engaged but simply back together after the first episode so I don't see the huge crime in rejoining them.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 4:18 pm

Buenos wrote:
x wrote:But if the writers really do have Kurt take Blaine back over a Beatles song even when he was determined to get over him and that they were not a couple (ect) in the previous episodes....to wash that all away over something as stupid as a SONG when Blaine has not really apologized or made amends? It just sounds like my worst nightmare as a Kurtsie.
But at this point how do you make amends?   Apparently he said he was sorry many times so it's up to Kurt to determine if he can  trust him in a relationship again.

When someone cheats, all they can say is "I'm sorry" and stop the behavior.  What else are they suppose to do?  

Now I do think it was stupid to show Blaine having a crush on Sam, because it does make you worry about his loyalty, but than again, Kurt and he were broken up.  

The part that is screwed up is that he and Kurt are not even a couple.  However I don't think they are engaged but simply back together after the first episode so I don't see the huge crime in rejoining them.
He blamed Kurt for his cheating. Did he ever apologize for that? He is ignoring the fact that Kurt wants to move on (and sort of has) from him, despite the Valentine's Day slip up. Why can't he back off and leave Kurt alone?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next