Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

+38
TimF
Kurt addict
AnneNeville
Georgette888
coxfire
ladydianab
ColdFlame96
ariel189
Lottie2303
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
arina
Ireth
Adamina
CloveGlee
sheny
tamara04
sahhar
brisallie
Ranwing
M&M
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
ChrisColferFan1
zuppid
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
ColferGirl
kac
Kurt Hummel
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
bayth
Delight
Jellyrolls
fantastica
BlueJazz
Eaton2011
42 posters

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 4:30 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
He blamed Kurt for his cheating. Did he ever apologize for that? He is ignoring the fact that Kurt wants to move on (and sort of has) from him, despite the Valentine's Day slip up. Why can't he back off and leave Kurt alone?
I think your points are valid.  It's the WRITING that is so horrible.  

The problem is that the writing has clearly indicated Kurt can't move on.  He tried to with a sweet boy , Adam, and he couldn't get over Blaine.  Being with Adam he even had a fantasy of Blaine "Come what May".    So the show has shown Kurt try to "desperately get over"  Blaine but not able to.  It's the storyline that is screwed up.  

As to apologizing, I agree, it was handled very badly.  But in Glee nobody ever apologizes in a satisfactory way. Yet of all the character Kurt took nearly a whole season to get back together with Blaine so in Glee years that is virtually an eternity.

I completely understand that you think an reconciliation is unwarranted, but on Glee all reconciliations are unwarranted. Sad, no?

Last edited by Buenos on 8/21/2013, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Appreciation Thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 4:38 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:
x wrote:But if the writers really do have Kurt take Blaine back over a Beatles song even when he was determined to get over him and that they were not a couple (ect) in the previous episodes....to wash that all away over something as stupid as a SONG when Blaine has not really apologized or made amends? It just sounds like my worst nightmare as a Kurtsie.
But at this point how do you make amends?   Apparently he said he was sorry many times so it's up to Kurt to determine if he can  trust him in a relationship again.

When someone cheats, all they can say is "I'm sorry" and stop the behavior.  What else are they suppose to do?  

Now I do think it was stupid to show Blaine having a crush on Sam, because it does make you worry about his loyalty, but than again, Kurt and he were broken up.  

The part that is screwed up is that he and Kurt are not even a couple.  However I don't think they are engaged but simply back together after the first episode so I don't see the huge crime in rejoining them.
He blamed Kurt for his cheating. Did he ever apologize for that? He is ignoring the fact that Kurt wants to move on (and sort of has) from him, despite the Valentine's Day slip up. Why can't he back off and leave Kurt alone?

Blaine  blaming Kurt  for his cheating is the main reason I don't want Klaine  together. Another reason is I am afraid Kurt will be stuck in Lima.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 4:40 pm

That's exactly it. Kurt is stuck with this ball and chain of Blaine chained to his ankle and he can't get free because the writers will not let him. I want him to be free for good from the cheating asshole.

I know the writing is poor, but that's no excuse for this emotionally unhealthy relationship.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 4:42 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:
x wrote:But if the writers really do have Kurt take Blaine back over a Beatles song even when he was determined to get over him and that they were not a couple (ect) in the previous episodes....to wash that all away over something as stupid as a SONG when Blaine has not really apologized or made amends? It just sounds like my worst nightmare as a Kurtsie.
But at this point how do you make amends?   Apparently he said he was sorry many times so it's up to Kurt to determine if he can  trust him in a relationship again.

When someone cheats, all they can say is "I'm sorry" and stop the behavior.  What else are they suppose to do?  

Now I do think it was stupid to show Blaine having a crush on Sam, because it does make you worry about his loyalty, but than again, Kurt and he were broken up.  

The part that is screwed up is that he and Kurt are not even a couple.  However I don't think they are engaged but simply back together after the first episode so I don't see the huge crime in rejoining them.

Blaine  blaming Kurt  for his cheating is the main reason I don't want Klaine  together. Another reason is I am afraid Kurt will be stuck in Lima.
Maybe Kurt has "learned his lesson" and will stay in Lima and put his life on hold for Blaine until Blaine graduates? dryy 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 4:43 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:That's exactly it. Kurt is stuck with this ball and chain of Blaine chained to his ankle and he can't get free because the writers will not let him. I want him to be free for good from the cheating asshole.

I know the writing is poor, but that's no excuse for this emotionally unhealthy relationship.
I agree me too. If cory had not died they might not be getting back together or at least so soon in the season.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 4:45 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Maybe Kurt has "learned his lesson" and will stay in Lima and put his life on hold for Blaine until Blaine graduates? dryy 
If that happens I will be beyond upset.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 4:46 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:That's exactly it. Kurt is stuck with this ball and chain of Blaine chained to his ankle and he can't get free because the writers will not let him. I want him to be free.
Here's the thing, though. The way Blaine handled the apology for cheating didn't actually work for him , did it? Kurt basically shut him out for a long time. If they get back together now I hardly think it's because Kurt thinks the cheating was justified. He told Isabelle as much saying
Blaine wanted to assuage his guilt with his apologies.

So Kurt knows Blaine was to blame for his cheating, and that is why he wanted to move on. However he couldn't , for whatever reasons. So NO, I don't think Blaine having to "re appologize" now makes a big difference. It's like when Finn never apologized for accusing Rachel of cheating when he encouraged Quinn to cheat on Sam. It's the Glee MO for all couples.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 4:50 pm

Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:That's exactly it. Kurt is stuck with this ball and chain of Blaine chained to his ankle and he can't get free because the writers will not let him. I want him to be free.
Here's the thing, though.  The way Blaine handled the apology for cheating didn't actually work for him , did it?   Kurt basically shut him out for a long time.  If they get back together now I hardly think it's because Kurt thinks the cheating was justified.  He told Isabelle as much saying
Blaine wanted to assuage his guilt with his apologies.

So Kurt knows Blaine was to blame for his cheating, and that is why he wanted to move on.  However he couldn't , for whatever reasons.  So NO, I don't think Blaine having to "re appologize" now makes a big difference.   It's like when Finn never apologized for accusing Rachel of cheating when he encouraged Quinn to cheat on Sam.   It's the Glee MO for all couples.

Yes, he shut him out for a long time...but I want him to shut him out for good. I want to get the satisfaction of Kurt moving on to someone better. I still think Blaine should apologize for blaming Kurt and take full responsibility for his actions and how they've hurt Kurt, not whine about how much he himself is hurting.

I'm sorry, but if Kurt takes Blaine back...I just think that means that his self esteem is in the gutter. If he cannot get over Blaine, it means he subconsciously thinks that he cannot do any better.

And to marry the guy? WTF?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 5:10 pm

[quote="MoviesAreLife"]
Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I'm sorry, but if Kurt takes Blaine back...I just think that means that his self esteem is in the gutter. If he cannot get over Blaine, it means he subconsciously thinks that he cannot do any better.
Well, right or wrong, alot of people, even married people forgive their loved one for cheating.

I admit the SL has been handled horribly.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/21/2013, 5:27 pm

The worst thing for me in this possible Klaine getting back together horrid storyline throughout season 4 and probably in season 5 is how everyone is pushing Kurt to go back to Blaine and noone listens to him (if he was allowed to speak, that is).

That is the most infuriating part for me: Kurt is all alone in this, and besides having an abusive, manipulating and cheating ex who creepy stalks him and denies Kurt having his own thoughts and say in the matter, Kurt is left with no room to breathe from anybody nor anything in the canon.

Spoiler:

I mean..... I almost expect either Obama or Oprah to come to Lima to lecture him on how much Blaine has missed him and how an asshole Kurt is for not taking him back sooner. But hey, they could always use Carmen or Isabelle for that, I guess.

dryy

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/21/2013, 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2013, 5:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The worst thing for me in this whole Klaine getting back together horrid storyline is how everyone is pushing Kurt to go back to Blaine and noone listens to him (if he was allowed to speak, that is).

That is the most infuriating part for me: Kurt is all alone in this, and besides having an abusive, manipulating and cheating ex who creepy stalks him and denies Kurt having his own thoughts and say in the matter, Kurt is left with no room from anybody nor anything in the canon.

Spoiler:

I mean..... I almost expect either Obama or Oprah to come to Lima to lecture him on how much Blaine has missed him and how an asshole Kurt is for not taking him back sooner. But hey, they could always use Carmen or Isabelle for that, I guess.

dryy
Glorfindel you are funny and so right...

But putting it another way....Kurt deserves everyone and his brother serenading him.  The irony is that everyone is there to sing about the love to Kurt, apparently.

From the looks of it, Kurt is the most desirable creature in the universe..
It's an ode to Kurt and that part I love...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/21/2013, 5:33 pm

For me, the cheating isn't the immovable problem although the writing makes me want to scratch my eyes out. It is that Kurt could do so much better. Blaine has been turned into such an attention-seeking, overly earnest, entitled bore. He is just sooooo dull to be paired with such a colourful character as Kurt. Sigh. I just have to think of Kurt as that awesome friend we have all have had for whom one cannot understand their choice of partner at all or understand what they see in them.

Last edited by Georgette888 on 8/21/2013, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:35 pm

Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Well, right or wrong, alot of people, even married people forgive their loved one for  cheating.  

They do, yes. But I know Kurt can do better and deserves better.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:37 pm

Georgette888 wrote:For me, the cheating isn't the immovable problem although the writing makes me want to scratch my eyes out. It  is that Kurt could do so much better. Blaine has been turned into such an attention-seeking, overly earnest, entitled bore. He is just sooooo dull to be paired with such a colourful character as Kurt. Sigh. I just have to think of Kurt as that awesome friend we have all have had for whom one cannot understand their choice of partner at all or understand what they see in them.
It's the entitlement that I hate. Blaine treats Kurt like crap but still expects him to marry him?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/21/2013, 5:37 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Well, right or wrong, alot of people, even married people forgive their loved one for  cheating.  

He already has done better. He was a cute British ball of sunshine named Adam. dryy 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/21/2013, 5:38 pm

I'm sure that I've said it before, but despite the fact that I cannot stand Blaine and think that he's an albatross on this show, I could handle Kurt taking him back if there had been proper build up and development of the storyline that makes a reconciliation have some kind of sense about it. Instead of having numerous scenes of Blaine moping before being reassured that he's a hero *gag* and then multiple episodes of him deviating between crushing on Sam and insisting that he and Kurt were 4EVAH!, a few scenes of him taking an active effort in trying to regain Kurt's trust in a fundemental way. I don't think that there would be half the anger that we see here and on other boards if having them get back together at this point made any sense given how the story was developed, no matter how we might feel about Blaine.

And this really encapsulates my biggest issue with this whole storyline. I may not "ship" Klaine in that it's not a pairing that I enjoy any longer, and I won't read Klaine fanfiction or write it, but I have no problem in seperating my fandom ships from canon. My issue is when the canon makes absolutely no sense. In just the last episode that aired, Kurt shows absolutely no inclination towards taking their relationship past friendship and has stated so repeatedly for months. Yet Blaine is out buying an egagement ring and getting two gullible lesbians who apparently see no issue with a young man proposing to someone that he's not currently in a relationship with to help him manipulate Kurt. Is it any wonder that this prospect is being met with the enthusiasm that most of us would show a recurrent yeast infection?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:38 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The worst thing for me in this possible Klaine getting back together horrid storyline throughout season 4 and probably in season 5 is how everyone is pushing Kurt to go back to Blaine and noone listens to him (if he was allowed to speak, that is).

That is the most infuriating part for me: Kurt is all alone in this, and besides having an abusive, manipulating and cheating ex who creepy stalks him and denies Kurt having his own thoughts and say in the matter, Kurt is left with no room to breathe from anybody nor anything in the canon.

Spoiler:

dryy
Ha! So true. Kurt's opinion means nothing to the writers or to the characters of the show.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:39 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:

He already has done better. He was a cute British ball of sunshine named Adam. dryy 
But why go back?!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:41 pm

Ranwing wrote:My issue is when the canon makes absolutely no sense. In just the last episode that aired, Kurt shows absolutely no inclination towards taking their relationship past friendship and has stated so repeatedly for months. Yet Blaine is out buying an egagement ring and getting two gullible lesbians who apparently see no issue with a young man proposing to someone that he's not currently in a relationship with to help him manipulate Kurt. Is it any wonder that this prospect is being met with the enthusiasm that most of us would show a recurrent yeast infection?
This too. Where is the logic?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/21/2013, 5:45 pm

Lmao at the colourful image but yes, I agree. I might never have shipped them or been over the moon but I would have been content enough if the writing had made any sense at all. Ah, well. To be honest, I will watch Kurt edits with Colfer stan goggles. I am watching for his acting and the pretty now, not really the story of Kurt Hummel. Sad but one does what one needs to do.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 5:48 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:The worst thing for me in this possible Klaine getting back together horrid storyline throughout season 4 and probably in season 5 is how everyone is pushing Kurt to go back to Blaine and noone listens to him (if he was allowed to speak, that is).

Spoiler:

dryy
Ha! So true. Kurt's opinion means nothing to the writers or to the characters of the show.
I agree, And it makes me angry Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad :angry: badday badday antifana tronco sadica sadica 
I almost wish Glee had been canceled after season  four. I won't be watching any episodes this season.

Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 8/21/2013, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:50 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Lmao at the colourful image but yes, I agree. I might never have shipped them or been over the moon but I would have been content enough if the writing had made any sense at all. Ah, well. To be honest, I will watch Kurt edits with Colfer stan goggles. I am watching for his acting and the pretty now, not really the story of Kurt Hummel. Sad but one does what one needs to do.
I fear I may have to give up on Kurt Hummel and that hurts.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/21/2013, 5:52 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:Lmao at the colourful image but yes, I agree. I might never have shipped them or been over the moon but I would have been content enough if the writing had made any sense at all. Ah, well. To be honest, I will watch Kurt edits with Colfer stan goggles. I am watching for his acting and the pretty now, not really the story of Kurt Hummel. Sad but one does what one needs to do.
I agree,:(  At least there is always Fanfics
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/21/2013, 5:54 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I agree,:(  At least there is always Fanfics
True.

Finn Hudson fans also have fanfics to cling to, and that's good.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/21/2013, 5:57 pm

I'm not giving up quite yet. For 2 reasons:
1) I generally like to make reviews of each episode, which this past season haven't been particularly positive lbr.

2) Anything could happen when it comes to Ryan Trollphy, so I'm gonna wait and see.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next