Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

+36
ladydianab
bayth
ColferGirl
Catt24
Vir Cotto
emilynna
kac
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
dap1217
E-ko
Ireth
msjoanlucette
happydays
sheny
paulopf
fountain
Esme
Shinra17
Emile
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Jellyrolls
arina
ColferInspired
Delight
fantastica
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
sahhar
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
Buenos
M&M
brisallie
40 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  M&M 5/23/2012, 8:22 am

Honestly I think Chris is just towing the company line. He has no choice. We all saw what happened to Kurt this year, so if he is super positive, maybe they will be better next year. At this point I doubt it.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2012, 8:35 am

Just to make clear: I have no intention of tweeting Chris or anything like that. I know this is not his fault.

But I am disappointed in his excitement, I can't deny that.

And imagine all the fights and useless arguments we will have on other forums because "Chris always gets what he wants", so why are we complaining about his character not getting into NYADA?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2012, 8:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:Just to make clear: I have no intention of tweeting Chris or anything like that. I know this is not his fault.

But I am disappointed in his excitement, I can't deny that.

And imagine all the fights and useless arguments we will have on other forums because "Chris always gets what he wants", so why are we complaining about his character not getting into NYADA?

I was talking about others that I have come across on tumblr.

I never thought you would do something like that. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 650269930

I was worrying about others that I came across on tumblr and other forums. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 357632081

I do think Chris is now towing the line so Kurt can get better storylines. I'm sure he wants Kurt to have a happy ending.

And Ryan is still saying Kurt goes to New York with Rachel in interviews.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/23/2012, 8:43 am

I tried to look at the bright side and I think the only good thing for Kurt after not getting into NYADA is that he could be doing anything (theater, fashion or even getting a role at some off-Broadway production etc) that may surprise us in S4 if he doesn't stay in Lima. There's still lots of possibilities as long as he doesn't give up. However, I won't hope for that since Kurt is a character of Glee. If he's from a better show I may be expecting those positive, unexpected outcomes for him.

Glee is pretty much irredeemable to me unless they surprise us with something really great for Kurt next season dryy

PS: I think my effort of trying to cheer you guys up at this dark time is pretty much futile but I tried. I hope some of you will feel better soon neutre

Last edited by BlueJazz on 5/23/2012, 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/23/2012, 8:43 am

"Chris gets what he wants" is an excuse really.

The Baroness will accept his ideas, changes and suggestions only if it doesn't change his vision and direction of the overall character and plot. Otherwise, Kurt wouldn't be so "holier then thou" all season long if it were up to Chris.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/23/2012, 8:45 am

Frankly, I just want Kurt as far away from Lima as possible. I don't care how, where or doing whatever, just get out of the hell-hole town.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Esme 5/23/2012, 8:54 am

I'm as irritated as the next person. This wasn't how I wanted the season to be for Kurt and I especially resent being left knowing the plans of every senior except Kurt.

However, I think being upset with Chris is a little unfair. Firstly, his expectations that Kurt would go in a fashion direction have been there since the very beginning of the season, so the decision to take him there only after an entire season of performing dreams was not his. Blame the writers for that. Secondly, his job at the upfronts was to tout the next season and get fans and advertisers interested, not be a PR rebel. He would have been in serious trouble not only with Fox but also with his PR team if he had expressed any disappointment with how Kurt's story is being handled. The upfronts was not the forum for that. Thirdly, maybe he is excited about the next season-- he still has a job, his character is getting his own guest star mentor and is being groomed to be the co-centre of the whole NYC part of the show and no longer will he have to be compared to Rachel (or Chris to Lea...which he has mentioned disliking in the past). And finally (and perhaps most importantly), expressing annoyance or upset with Chris is giving odious trolls like GA the ammunition they will use in their next hateful rants about him or worse, to him.

The finale sucked. There is no doubt about that. They made Kurt fail yet again and made it seem like it was no big deal. We had to endure two episodes of Rachel's angst over her botched audition but Kurt's pain at his rejection was swept under the rug so he could put on a big stupid grin for Rachel at the train station. But, Chris didn't do this. He isnt even a little bit responsible and he was doing his job in his interviews. None of us knows his true feeling about this nor do we know how it's going to be resolved, so please don't aim any bullets at him. If Chris's own fans start turning on him, Murphy wins.

And nobody wants that... :(
Esme
Esme
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2012, 9:04 am

Esme wrote:I'm as irritated as the next person. This wasn't how I wanted the season to be for Kurt and I especially resent being left knowing the plans of every senior except Kurt.

However, I think being upset with Chris is a little unfair. Firstly, his expectations that Kurt would go in a fashion direction have been there since the very beginning of the season, so the decision to take him there only after an entire season of performing dreams was not his. Blame the writers for that. Secondly, his job at the upfronts was to tout the next season and get fans and advertisers interested, not be a PR rebel. He would have been in serious trouble not only with Fox but also with his PR team if he had expressed any disappointment with how Kurt's story is being handled. The upfronts was not the forum for that. Thirdly, maybe he is excited about the next season-- he still has a job, his character is getting his own guest star mentor and is being groomed to be the co-centre of the whole NYC part of the show and no longer will he have to be compared to Rachel (or Chris to Lea...which he has mentioned disliking in the past). And finally (and perhaps most importantly), expressing annoyance or upset with Chris is giving odious trolls like GA the ammunition they will use in their next hateful rants about him or worse, to him.

The finale sucked. There is no doubt about that. They made Kurt fail yet again and made it seem like it was no big deal. We had to endure two episodes of Rachel's angst over her botched audition but Kurt's pain at his rejection was swept under the rug so he could put on a big stupid grin for Rachel at the train station. But, Chris didn't do this. He isnt even a little bit responsible and he was doing his job in his interviews. None of us knows his true feeling about this nor do we know how it's going to be resolved, so please don't aim any bullets at him. If Chris's own fans start turning on him, Murphy wins.

And nobody wants that... Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 1371890812

You have put better than I could ever could. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 413578547

Others not on this forum will rant and rave and probably blame Chris. I don't think Chris will lose any fans, he is loved too much.

The sensible ones like all of us here, know it isn't his fault. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 11 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/23/2012, 4:50 pm

About this SJP and Hudson spoiler: Does anyone remember how much promotion did Anne Hathaways obviously invisible "guest apparance" get at these events last year? Or was it just one of Ryans throwarounds? Wondering if this promise of HUGE guest stars will just slowly simmer away as well.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 5:08 pm

Is there anything so far, (Chris interviews don't count) that specifically states a career interest in fashion for Kurt? I can't recall anything in canon at all. Per the show he's fashionable young man, but that's it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2012, 6:55 pm

tanita_mors wrote:"Chris gets what he wants" is an excuse really.

The Baroness will accept his ideas, changes and suggestions only if it doesn't change his vision and direction of the overall character and plot. Otherwise, Kurt wouldn't be so "holier then thou" all season long if it were up to Chris.
I know, and I don't mean me with that. But we all know that this will be thrown at us, every chance they get.
Look how much flack Chris got for wanting to sing 'I Have Nothing' in the original key? Or Chris deciding he wanted to be with the girls in 'Summer Nights'?

There is an impression in the fandom that Chris gets what he wants on the show. And Chris talking about always wanting Kurt to go into fashion (or writing about fashion) is not helping to quiet down those rumors.

Again: not Chris' fault.

Buenos wrote:Is there anything so far, (Chris interviews don't count) that specifically states a career interest in fashion for Kurt? I can't recall anything in canon at all. Per the show he's fashionable young man, but that's it.
No, nothing.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2012, 7:06 pm

Also:
I don't care what GA does with any negative criticism I or anyone else might have about Chris or Kurt. If her being in this world means I cannot speak my own thoughts: then she has won, and I won't allow that.

As for Chris' enthusiasm and me being pissed about that: this is all speculation of course, but if Kurt really goes into fashion I think that my displeasure with that is something I can justify.
Yes, of course Chris cannot not be enthusiastic about his bosses' plans. But he was very much aware of how the fandom would react about the Whitney Houston episode plot for Klaine, and he warned us then, or at least made sure we knew he felt different than the writers.

I know he could not give any plot away at the upfronts, but he did say that his fans would like what is ahead for Kurt. Maybe he was only talking about season 4, and not the ending of season 3, but even so: I feel miffed about it. He was so excited and happy: and there is no reason to be happy for Kurt now.
He's just a young man and he probably only looks at the opportunities that Kurt being in New York and working with SJP will bring him, but unless Kurt miraculously ends up in NYADA after all, and Chris knows that, I feel disappointed about this enthusiastic attitude at the upfronts.

I know you will probably crucify me for this, but I'm human and he's human. I love him to bits, but that doesn't mean I can't disagree with him.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 7:15 pm

I agree Glorfindel that one can disagree with Chris Colfer, differing opinions are what makes the world go around and makes one a "balanced" fan.

The only thing I can think of is that the storyline has already been outlined to Chris as far as his plans in New York. It's already been announced per the Fox upfronts in a very public manner that Kurt is in New York, along with Rachel. Announcing Sarah Jessica Parker for an extended arc is part of the whole NY split narrative supposedly.

My big fear is that they feel the need for Kurt to "anchor" the boring, black hole personality challenged ND members in Ohio for upteen episodes to start the season. I have no illusions that Tina, Blaine, Artie, Brittany and company cannot hold the interest of the GA with their scintillating personalities for long. Artie is interesting, but in a wheelchair he's constricted as far as action in the show literally and figuratively, and the rest are mostly "nice" and boring.

To have Kurt stuck in Ohio and make a min arc of getting to NY at that point would make me rage.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 7:40 pm

chris had the understanding in the very beginning of hte series that kurt was the fashionista. in fact when the cast described their characters in the early days his description for kurt had always been the fashionable boy saprano. he said he adopted kurt's manerisms by observing some people in the fashion industry. kurt is distinctively fem just like many gays in the fashion business. just because somebody likes to sing and is active in the show choir doesn't mean he will want to pursue a performing arts career. Rachel on the other hand had always dreamed of being the next Barbara straisand, so having a big broadway dream is literally in her blood. It wasn't until the s2 finale that kurt had shown any interest on broadway, even though he did sing several showtunes on the show before. for chris to believe that kurt would pursue a career of fashion doesn't mean chris WANTS kurt to be in fashion, but rather based on the show, up til the end of last season, Kurt never showed a strong passion for performing arts career like rachel does, so it's easy for chris to assume that while he loves singing and performing, he isn't that into it as a career choice. In fact in the very beginning of this season, when asked he said "oh so kurt wants to be a performer... I had always thought he wanted to go into fashion...". chris had no idea where hte writer will take his character to, and was simply speaking of his own understanding based on how the show was written.

I think that they wanted kurt to go into NYADA too to provide a contrast to rachel's journey. they already said NYADA takes only 20 people a year, and not even Jessey S. James got into it. and that Carmen woman herself tried 4 times. that is to say that talent itself is not enough, and this is very true in teh real world. many people nail their auditions but still cannot squeeze in.

Glee on one hand is total fantasy but on the other hand is very cruely realistic. In real world fem gays have a tough time being accepted by their environments and they only seem to thrive in certain industries such as fashion. Even for straight people it's extremely competitive to succeed in the entertainment industry, and we all know talent itself is not enough. if we look at our own surroundings it's not difficult to find pesty and annoying people like rachel berrys to are the one who get to the top because they are willing to drag other people down to climb up, or be annoyingly persistent to get what they want. the good guys like kurt is almost always tossed on teh side because they follow the rules and are not willing to play dirty. I know it's a bad message, but it's incredibly real and honest. the world we live in is ugly and inheritantly unfair.

the problem is glee is also a fantasy, so it gives us the wrong expectation that we can all find solace in this fantasy world. we expect kurt hummel to eventually win big, but it didn't happen. He had small achievements like getting a hot boyfriend and turning the school into a more tolerant environment so no more slushies (really???!!!) and suddenly other nelly gays are coming out of the closets. for kurt hummel, progress is slow and painful. it's up to his fans to decide whether they are willign to ride the next wave w/ him or simply bowing out. afterall, this is supposed to be entertainment, and if you can't enjoy the show, you probably shouldn't watch.

while havign kurt fail is a huge twist int eh plot that gets people talking and crying (and raging too), i am not sure if they realized how damaging it is to the kurt character. millions of young people are looking up to him for inspiration. now they only have chris colfer himself to look up to. kurt is no longer an inspiration because he can't win. maybe the show want us to all root for rachel instead, but many people don't identify w/ her and don't like her.

I think it was strategy for them to let chris do the fox up front thing w/ lea, to give people the wrong impression that kurt will get into NYADA, thus creating a big surprise when the show actually airs. well they certainly succeeded. they sacrificed kurt hummel the inspirational character for cheap story telling. next year they may very well do the same by making blaine into NYADA or turn him into a huge pop star while all kurt gets is blaine's unequivocal devotion to him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 8:00 pm

ok people, let's don't start infighting. it's ok if we see things differently and I don't always agree w/ everybody but that's because we are all individuals. I am speaking of my own mind, and nobody has to agree w/ me. there's no need to think the sky is falling down. this is just a tv show. let's don't start slaughter each other just because we are all pissed off at hte show.

I maintain my position that chris is just an actor and whatever he wishes for his character, whatever his head canon is, it's not up to him to decide his character's fake. he already said he didn't like kurt always taking the high road. if he were to write it things will be very different. kurt maybe more like carson. but this is not carson we are talking about, and chris didn't write glee. glee writers have their own ideas and their star has always been rachel berry. when they said they were going back to S1 "basics" they are making everybody playing supporting role to rachel again, making her the undeniable star. nobody will compete w/ her. kurt hummel is just there to provide a contrast, like karofsky's outing and rejection by his mom is a contrast to kurt's dad's acceptance. they make one character suffer in order to make the other triumphant. it's quite classic storytelling. the problem is instead of us all rooting for rachel, we have our own favorites, so we are all suffering w/ our favorite character because his name is not rachel berry.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  emilynna 5/23/2012, 8:06 pm

I feel like this situation is like last summer all over again.
Last summer chris got the emmy nomination and all people talk about is the graduation gate...
And this summer chris is going to have his first book coming out and i feel like all the people is going to focus on is kurt, it like he cannot really do his own stuff :(
emilynna
emilynna
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 8:27 pm

poor chris! he's always get caught int he middle. he can't open his mouth. he's been very cautious this time by not leaking anything before the finale or not expressing any negativity. but still, when fans are mad, they are looking for target, and there he is.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/23/2012, 8:39 pm

Fans who are targeting him are not his true fans. It's one thing to disagree with him and his visions of Kurt. It's a different one to attack him for them. If we found out that, indeed, partly his input concerning the character's future had something to do with the "resolution" Kurt got, indeed, I'm gonna disagree with him, but still, his vision of Kurt is as valid as mine, so who am I to say that what he wants for the character is not what he /should/ want? As far as I understand, Chris is on Kurt's side and he wants him to succeed, to do what Chris, who knows Kurt better than anyone, believes will make him happy. And that's also what I, as a kurtsie, want for him. Finally, even if it's repetitive, we don't know if he had anything to say when it came to Kurt's decisions. And he's under contract, he needs to be careful with what he says. I think Chris has it hard enough to get crap from his own fans. Disagreement, again, is okay. And we all have the right to voice it, but he too has the right to be excited for what he considers best for his characters or opportunities for his own career.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/23/2012, 9:11 pm

paulopf wrote:Fans who are targeting him are not his true fans. It's one thing to disagree with him and his visions of Kurt. It's a different one to attack him for them. If we found out that, indeed, partly his input concerning the character's future had something to do with the "resolution" Kurt got, indeed, I'm gonna disagree with him, but still, his vision of Kurt is as valid as mine, so who am I to say that what he wants for the character is not what he /should/ want? As far as I understand, Chris is on Kurt's side and he wants him to succeed, to do what Chris, who knows Kurt better than anyone, believes will make him happy. And that's also what I, as a kurtsie, want for him. Finally, even if it's repetitive, we don't know if he had anything to say when it came to Kurt's decisions. And he's under contract, he needs to be careful with what he says. I think Chris has it hard enough to get crap from his own fans. Disagreement, again, is okay. And we all have the right to voice it, but he too has the right to be excited for what he considers best for his characters or opportunities for his own career.

I agree 100% with the entire post above.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 10:17 pm

just because somebody likes to sing and is active in the show choir doesn't mean he will want to pursue a performing arts career. Rachel on the other hand had always dreamed of being the next Barbara straisand, so having a big broadway dream is literally in her blood. It wasn't until the s2 finale that kurt had shown any interest on broadway, even though he did sing several showtunes on the show before. for chris to believe that kurt would pursue a career of fashion doesn't mean chris WANTS kurt to be in fashion, but rather based on the show, up til the end of last season, Kurt never showed a strong passion for performing arts career like rachel does, so it's easy for chris to assume that while he loves singing and performing, he isn't that into it as a career choice. In fact in the very beginning of this season, when asked he said "oh so kurt wants to be a performer... I had always thought he wanted to go into fashion...". chris had no idea where hte writer will take his character to, and was simply speaking of his own understanding based on how the show was written.

Yes, in Season One Rachel I believe establishes in the pilot that she has been preparing for a broadway career her whole life.

The other character who in the pilot talks about her career dreams IIRC is Mercedes, who says she is going to be a recording star ala Beyonce.

Eventually we find out that Tina (season 3) wants to be an actress and Mike (Season 3) wants to be a dancer. Quinn enrolls in Yale Drama this year also. For the first two years, we didn't realize that Tina, Mike or Quinn wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts. Artie also indicated this year that he wants to be a director. And Blaine babbled something while drunk about "making art".

Kurt saying he wants to be on Broadway and New York at the end of season 2 is actually ahead of the curve compared to (as referenced above) to most of the New Directions kids as far as specifically stating their career goals/dreams. Santana apparently still doesn't have a clue, for as many songs/solos as she gets if she wants a career in performing.

However in the case of Kurt, IMO there was plausible reasons why it took time for his career plans to gell.

It seemed the main story lines for Kurt in Season One and partly season Two were Kurt's struggles in (a) realizing he's gay and accepting it (b) coming out to others (c) coping with the prejudices and obstacles of being the only out gay kid at Mckinley (d) getting a boyfriend. Add the bullying arc and I'm not surprised that there wasn't much earlier focus or mention of what his "career" choices were. Kurt had bigger fish to fry.

Once he was settled with a boyfriend and back at Mckinley and more comfortable with himself, Kurt had the "luxury" of having a storyline about his future career plans. So to me I don't think it's not that his career plans/dreams are not an important arc, but that he had other arcs that had priority.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/23/2012, 10:44 pm

Buenos wrote:...

Once he was settled with a boyfriend and back at Mckinley and more comfortable with himself, Kurt had the "luxury" of having a storyline about his future career plans. So to me I don't think it's not that his career plans/dreams are not an important arc, but that he had other arcs that had priority.

You have a point there, he was more concerned about other stuff in his life that only until this year he was more focused in his future. Maybe some of the fans we were so excited about the fact he was getting into NYADA, Broadway,New York and so on because he has been through too many things that this was like a prize but then everything has gone down and as kurtsies we felt they're making him suffering again. However in RL sometimes you don't get things at the first chance but the second or third time or then you find out your fate is something completely different that still gonna makes you happy.

I've read Chris is enthusiam about what's going on with Kurt next season, if he's happy I'm happy too because he's the one who knows what's the best for Kurt and is there supporting him as we do but what still pisses me off if the fact we're not sure what to expect from the writers of this show dryy

PS: Still don't get it why some people are blaming Chris for what happened last episode? He's not a writer of Glee- I wish he were- so those people please shut up their mouth and stop blaming him. Those are not real fans!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 11:10 pm

chris is told to sell the damn show to advertsizers on the day of fox upfront. it's his job. if he's so proud of hte storyline he would have tweeted about the show right afterwards or just before that to remind people to watch, like he did w/ TFT etc. but he didn't.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/23/2012, 11:59 pm

Personally, til I know for sure what happens with Kurt, I'll just reblog pretty gifs about him and discuss about what I know, but mostly I'll focus on other aspects of Chris' career. I love Kurt, but Chris is much more than his Glee character.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 12:09 am

oh boy, when did i turn into an inner grandma???? Shocked

since now I am a senior citizen, i am going to pull my teeth out....

oh paulo honey, you forgot your shoes!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/24/2012, 1:17 am

^That icon is Shinra's doing. :angry:
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next