Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1

+24
M&M
Emile
Divalicious
red texta
Struck by Lightning
Coolbeans3131
CloveGlee
sjonnepon
ry_kurtsie
Ireth
arina
Vir Cotto
Delight
sahhar
ColferGirl
dap1217
mellama
brisallie
ColferInspired
Shinra17
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
fantastica
Jellyrolls
28 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1

Post  Emile 3/22/2012, 3:28 pm

^Heh. Let's hope that "the show will feel like Glee" without the need of a 'regression' about what the characters have built so far. mince

...And they don't know how to make the show consistent and still "Glee".
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1

Post  tanita_mors 3/22/2012, 3:42 pm

WOW, Dana Walden managed to say absolutely nothing in so many words. That has to be a gift.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/22/2012, 3:47 pm

Emile wrote:^Heh. Let's hope that "the show will feel like Glee" without the need of a 'regression' about what the characters have built so far. mince

...And they don't know how to make the show consistent and still "Glee".

Well, Glee wouldn't be Glee if it were consistent. It should be used as a template as to how "NOT" to make a good show and just how crucial good casting and talented actors can be to a shows success. It's really the only thing still working and keeping this thing together as far as I'm concerned. Once the talent leaves, Glee will break apart faster then you can say "Jazz Hands".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/22/2012, 4:00 pm

^Ops, I realized I mistranslated! Embarassed
'Consistent' is a false friend, because is similar to an italian word (consistente) but have not the same meaning. Sorry!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/22/2012, 5:36 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m1ayr86owT1qapg62o1_500
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/22/2012, 5:45 pm

banzai I hope they were tears of joy. I wouldn't object to tears of heartbreak for Kurt in one instance, but I don't think that Rachel would cry with him on that one.

Thanks for posting that, Valentina!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/22/2012, 7:03 pm

Emile wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m1ayr86owT1qapg62o1_500
Why don't she tweet that to RIB+? It's weird, she makes it sound to me like Chris is the decision-maker lol. I know at least one cry scene by the lockers that could have been avoided.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/23/2012, 10:30 am

From tumblr, so probably for the lol factor:

Dave Karofsky WILL be back.

Dave Karofsky will appear on the last episode. UPDATE: This can change at any time so it’s not guaranteed. However, this isn’t the first we see of him back, he will be seen before that. He may have up to two big appearances.

Dave Karofsky and Blaine Anderson will have a mutual discussion. UPDATE: It will be about Kurt.

Kurt Hummel finds out about their conversation and is visually upset. It will be minor, not a huge deal.

I asked if Klaine will break up. She said it doesn’t seem like they will but I wouldn’t be certain because for sure Klaine staying together is not guaranteed.

source
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2012, 10:39 am

Shinra17 wrote:From tumblr, so probably for the lol factor:

Dave Karofsky will appear on the last episode. UPDATE: This can change at any time so it’s not guaranteed. However, this isn’t the first we see of him back, he will be seen before that. He may have up to two big appearances.

Dave Karofsky and Blaine Anderson will have a mutual discussion. UPDATE: It will be about Kurt.

Kurt Hummel finds out about their conversation and is visually upset. It will be minor, not a huge deal.

I asked if Klaine will break up. She said it doesn’t seem like they will but I wouldn’t be certain because for sure Klaine staying together is not guaranteed.

source

No, no, no, no. Do not want this unless Dave suddenly loves Blaine and it breaks up Klaine

Hopefully this is just someone making crap up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 3/23/2012, 11:51 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

source

No, no, no, no. Do not want this unless Dave suddenly loves Blaine and it breaks up Klaine

Well, Blaine is Kurt's boyfriend, like it or not (and I don't), so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he might run into Karofsky and they might have a conversation about Kurt.

I just wish there was someone who could talk to Karofsky's parents about keeping him away from Kurt. He's mentally unstable and has been nothing but a destructive force in Kurt's life for a long time. Obviously that person shouldn't be Blaine, but it needs to be someone. The worst part of this story is that it just stopped being about what Kurt needs and what's best for him. Kurt's a teenage boy, who's about to go to off to college, or be trapped forever in a dead job at the Lima Bean (because it's Glee!), or something, and he doesn't need to be saddled with the emotional problems of someone who he wouldn't choose to hang around with if this fracking show would ever give him the choice. Oh, Burt, where are you when we need you?
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2012, 12:37 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

source

Well, Blaine is Kurt's boyfriend, like it or not (and I don't), so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he might run into Karofsky and they might have a conversation about Kurt.

I just wish there was someone who could talk to Karofsky's parents about keeping him away from Kurt. He's mentally unstable and has been nothing but a destructive force in Kurt's life for a long time. Obviously that person shouldn't be Blaine, but it needs to be someone. The worst part of this story is that it just stopped being about what Kurt needs and what's best for him. Kurt's a teenage boy, who's about to go to off to college, or be trapped forever in a dead job at the Lima Bean (because it's Glee!), or something, and he doesn't need to be saddled with the emotional problems of someone who he wouldn't choose to hang around with if this fracking show would ever give him the choice. Oh, Burt, where are you when we need you?

Oh, I know it's not outside the realm of possibility. I just don't like the idea of Blaine stepping in and talking to Dave about Kurt when Kurt & Blaine can't even discuss the fact that Blaine was talking to a known threat to their relationship (Sebastian) behind Kurt's back. And it's pointless to bring it up in the season finale unless there is interaction between Kurt and Dave before then showing that there is an actual friendship developing between them, and that Blaine knows about it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2012, 6:27 pm

Dear Dave,

can't you see this dreamboat Blaine who is so happy and optimistic all the time who will lift your spirit high and give you courage to live? He will entertain you from morning to night w/ jump-on-the-table-singing sprees that will keep you busy all day because you will spend all your free time fixing broken furnitures. Not to mention when he gets into an unnamed angry fists you guys can play boxing together. So cute! so Dave, go off w/ this Blaine, and off my friggin screen forever!

sincerely,

Your fan
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/24/2012, 5:53 am

source
Well, actually it was something to be expected, at least from the last episode. And probably it will not be only for this Blaine/Karoksky discussion behind Kurt's back.
They've made it clear that Kurt would have helped him. And although I don't like this at all, I hope that, when Karofsky returns, someone (like Burt) make Kurt understand how this situation is not good for him, and in the meantime talk to Karofksy parents. Come on! This is serious! (glee did not have to face this thing No )
And since Blaine is his boyfriend, it would be good for them to confront about that!

Anyway, "she said"? She who?

fantastica wrote:Dear Dave,

can't you see this dreamboat Blaine who is so happy and optimistic all the time who will lift your spirit high and give you courage to live? He will entertain you from morning to night w/ jump-on-the-table-singing sprees that will keep you busy all day because you will spend all your free time fixing broken furnitures. Not to mention when he gets into an unnamed angry fists you guys can play boxing together. So cute! so Dave, go off w/ this Blaine, and off my friggin screen forever!

sincerely,

Your fan
Ahhh, the prevision of an happy life! mrgreen

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 6:22 am

^ that spoiler about klaine may not break up now but staying together is not guaranteed is such a waste of words - it doesn't really say anything! Is there anything really guaranteed? It's totally up to the writers - even married couples can get divorced. How many times Emma married in hte past seasons?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/24/2012, 7:08 am

fantastica wrote:How many times Emma married in hte past seasons?

Hmm... the answer would be... none. She accepted 3 wedding proposals, but haven't successfully exchanged vows and rings with any of her future husbands. Right? Or did she truly tie the knot with Carl Howell in Las Vegas? If it had been something that serious, I find that Glee really didn't care for her relationship with Carl all that much, if a break up and divorce had all happened off-screen.

I find that all the relationships on Glee are messy to some extent. Mike is probably the only character who hasn't dabbled in relationships with other people before settling on Tina.

As for Blaine and Karofsky having a conversation... about Kurt. I can imagine the dramatic potential, but I also despair of Darren being capable enough to sell the scene for me. Oh well, it may all just be rumours anyway.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/24/2012, 7:40 am

Delight wrote:
fantastica wrote:How many times Emma married in hte past seasons?

Hmm... the answer would be... none. She accepted 3 wedding proposals, but haven't successfully exchanged vows and rings with any of her future husbands. Right? Or did she truly tie the knot with Carl Howell in Las Vegas? If it had been something that serious, I find that Glee really didn't care for her relationship with Carl all that much, if a break up and divorce had all happened off-screen.
Emma did marry Carl: she wore a wedding ring and in 'Sexy' Carl says that they had been married for 4 months.

Vir Cotto wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

source

^This.

Emile wrote:Well, actually it was something to be expected, at least from the last episode. And probably it will not be only for this Blaine/Karoksky discussion behind Kurt's back.
They've made it clear that Kurt would have helped him. And although I don't like this at all, I hope that, when Karofsky returns, someone (like Burt) make Kurt understand how this situation is not good for him, and in the meantime talk to Karofksy parents. Come on! This is serious! (glee did not have to face this thing No )
And since Blaine is his boyfriend, it would be good for them to confront about that!

And ^this.

As for Blaine and Karofsky having a conversation... about Kurt. I can imagine the dramatic potential, but I also despair of Darren being capable enough to sell the scene for me. Oh well, it may all just be rumours anyway.
I'm probably the only one around here that thinks that Max Adler isn't such a great actor. Not that he's bad, he's alright, but I think he was only really good in the kissing scene and the cake topper scene, in other words: the threatening scenes. I never bought his crying in 'Prom Queen', nor any other 'soft' scene he did. He has great acting chemistry with Chris, that's true, but I don't know if he can deliver that well on his own.
If Karofsky has a scene with Blaine we will find out how good an actor Max really is: Darren gives hardly anything back to work with, scenes with other actors than Chris has proven that. We've mostly seen Max act with Chris and Cory, and Cory is a good actor too, so there is feedback from Cory when Karofsky and Finn are in a scene together.
It will be interesting to see Max acting with Darren, because this time Max will be the one to do the heavy lifting, and I wonder if he's up to it. It will be a good litmus test.

As for the scene itself: I will be glad if Blaine and Karofsky interact: Blaine has been left out of the loop of this whole situation too long anyway. We wanted more development for Klaine in their lives together: well, here it is.
The only thing I'm afraid of (if this spoiler is true) is that it will give Kurt more to be worried or upset about, and we all know RIB+ will go there (again).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/24/2012, 11:56 am

Glorfindel wrote:I'm probably the only one around here that thinks that Max Adler isn't such a great actor. Not that he's bad, he's alright, but I think he was only really good in the kissing scene and the cake topper scene, in other words: the threatening scenes. I never bought his crying in 'Prom Queen', nor any other 'soft' scene he did. He has great acting chemistry with Chris, that's true, but I don't know if he can deliver that well on his own.
If Karofsky has a scene with Blaine we will find out how good an actor Max really is: Darren gives hardly anything back to work with, scenes with other actors than Chris has proven that. We've mostly seen Max act with Chris and Cory, and Cory is a good actor too, so there is feedback from Cory when Karofsky and Finn are in a scene together.
It will be interesting to see Max acting with Darren, because this time Max will be the one to do the heavy lifting, and I wonder if he's up to it. It will be a good litmus test.

You're definitely not the only one feel this way,in valentine scene which Max delivered the lines about butterscotchs was terrible I'm like WTH was that,I can't feel any emotion in it especially compares to his former scene with Chris.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/24/2012, 12:35 pm

dap1217 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I'm probably the only one around here that thinks that Max Adler isn't such a great actor. Not that he's bad, he's alright, but I think he was only really good in the kissing scene and the cake topper scene, in other words: the threatening scenes. I never bought his crying in 'Prom Queen', nor any other 'soft' scene he did. He has great acting chemistry with Chris, that's true, but I don't know if he can deliver that well on his own.

You're definitely not the only one feel this way,in valentine scene which Max delivered the lines about butterscotchs was terrible I'm like WTH was that,I can't feel any emotion in it especially compares to his former scene with Chris.
I actually liked his acting in the valentine scene but I did't find the "crying" scene in Prom Queen convincing either.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 1:48 pm

arina wrote:I actually liked his acting in the valentine scene but I did't find the "crying" scene in Prom Queen convincing either.
The editing of that scene and the one Kurt run away from the ballroom and started crying were weird, they seemed like "rushed" which made the change of emotional status of the characters in both situation a bit violent.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/24/2012, 2:19 pm

arina wrote:I actually liked his acting in the valentine scene but I did't find the "crying" scene in Prom Queen convincing either.

The valentine scene where I like most is Dave was caught by that guy then his whole body was tension and he stormed out as fast as he could and answered Kurt's call without turning his head.Also I think that guy was a nice actor,I found his little smile after Dave left was telling.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/25/2012, 3:06 am

Given how abrupt and unrealistic the turnaround of Karofsky's entire character in Prom Queen was, I think it's quite amazing that Max Adler still managed to make Karofsky a sympathetic character. In the hands of a lesser actor, that hallway weepy apology would have been an absolute disaster-- we wouldn't have believed, for even a second, that Karofsky truly regretted his previous actions. In fact, in that scene, I find that Chris/Kurt had the more difficult task of trying to respond appropriately to a truly contrite Karofsky; and even Kurt's ready sympathy for Karofsky's pain came across as quite unbelievable, to me. Chris tried to sell that scene, but the writing is just too atrocious for him to save it. Because it's just utterly ridiculous how quickly Kurt can become so accepting of being escorted around the school by his long-time bully; when it wasn't that long ago that he had to flee the school to avoid Karofsky's harassment. But we know that it's another case of Glee's poor handling of the bullying storyline; where they tried to downplay Kurt's pain in order to redeem Karofsky in the eyes of the audience.

I believe that if it hadn't been for Max's acting abilities, Karofsky wouldn't have been brought back on the show in season3.

I agree that because Max had acted opposite good actors like Chris and Cory, all his scenes on the show had been quite memorable and effective so far. I also believe that it works both ways though. If Max hadn't been the good actor that he is, his scenes would still fall flat, no matter how good his co-stars are.

So, if the rumours are true, we would see if Max can act off Darren effectively. And hopefully Blaine would get some development as a character.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/25/2012, 8:13 am

It's not just the Prom Queen hallway scene that I don't like. Aside from the ridiculous whiplash both characters go through in that scene I thought that Chris sold it well and Max just didn't. I didn't even realize Dave was crying till Kurt responded and made it clear to me that Dave contorted his face because he was crying. At first I thought he was angry, pissed off that Kurt didn't think he needed the Bully Whips to protect him anymore: that Kurt didn't need Karofsky anymore and that Dave was upset because of that.
So yes, that scene was confusing to me because of Max's acting.
I did like how Karofsky reigned in his emotions and became a wooden mask again: that was good acting, imo. Not to make fun of it, but I do think Max does 'wooden face' very well. moque

Other scenes I think where Max fall flat were the 'Heart' scene and the hospital scene. In the 'Heart' scene I thought the delivery of "When I was at McKinley I hated who I was...." was really flat, almost like his 'speech' to ND in "Born This Way' (which was supposed to be rehearsed). And his "butterscotch" comment made me laugh and cringe at the same time: laugh because he sounded like a dramatic hero stabbed in the heart in a really bad romantic scene, and cringe because it sounded creepy. And I think I wasn't supposed to have either of those reactions. unsure

Karofsky's voice in the hospital scene was awful, imo: so childlike and 'vulnerable', but way too much of it. The constant 'breaking'/cracking of his voice: I didn't buy it at all, it really felt like overdoing it. And as a vocal coach it sent me flying up the wall: that's not how a voice should react at all, it was very unnatural. One or two 'cracks' are alright, but after that a voice corrects itself and stops doing it. Dave's voice 'cracks' just went on and on: it was like nails on a chalk board to me. I've even read some people explaining Karofsky's voice in the hospital scene as him still having a sore throat from the rope. And that excuse is about as valuable as Blaine being on painkillers when he toasted Kurt in the Ben scene. tonguue
And, the same as in the 'Heart' scene: Dave's line "I'm so happy right now" made me burst out laughing through the ripples of disgust and creepiness I was experiencing. Again: not the reactions they were going for, I guess. Razz

As for Karofsky coming back solely because of Max's acting skills: I think that's only partly true. The few scenes Max was in in season 2 did not give that much of a range of his acting skills, only being angry and threatening, and breaking down (and I didn't buy his breaking down scenes). But I agree that he has good acting chemistry with Chris and he's not a bad actor: Just not as good as they want me to believe to justify Karofsky's return to Glee.

I think the biggest reasons of Karofsky coming back is:
1) because of the very vocal pirates (Kurtofsky shippers), who ship Kurtofsky mostly because they fancy Dave and identify with him (and not so much because they fancy Kurt), are very loud on the internet;
2) RM has an easily bored and perverted mind, since he clearly stated that he got a lot of response from the gay community who want Kurtofsky to happen, because they like bear cubs 'doing' the femme gay. Yes, I went there.

I know very well that judging someone's acting is partly subjective. And I really like Max's acting in some scenes, but as I said: those were all scenes in which he was 'wearing a wooden mask' and threatening, never a 'tender' scene. He has yet to prove himself in a scene like that, imo, without Chris to perk him up.
So yes, if we see a 'soft' scene between Karofsky and Blaine to me that will be a litmus test for Max's acting.
But to each its own, YMMV, etc. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/25/2012, 8:59 am

I haven't considered how you may have perceived the cracks in Max's voice from the point of view of a vocal coach. I didn't know that the voice would naturally correct itself after one or two cracks blinkk So, with the type of knowledge that you have about how someone's voice ought to behave, I can see how Max's persistent 'cracks' would've come across as over-acting for you. We're lucky to have you point out such things to us laymen neutre

Hmm. You're right in saying that judging someone's acting is subjective. I mean, we've had some Darren fans wondering why Darren hadn't been invited to participate in the Prop8 play because they believe he would have been amazing in it. I find that it's much easier to like an actor's acting if you like the actor as a person or the character that he/she portrays. That's why I sometimes wonder whether my stanning of Chris is clouding my judgment a bit; but the GG and Emmy noms back me up, and I'm assured that I'm not delusional Razz

Glorfindel wrote:
I think the biggest reasons of Karofsky coming back is:
1) because of the very vocal pirates (Kurtofsky shippers), who ship Kurtofsky mostly because they fancy Dave and identify with him (and not so much because they fancy Kurt), are very loud on the internet;
2) RM has an easily bored and perverted mind, since he clearly stated that he got a lot of response from the gay community who want Kurtofsky to happen, because they like bear cubs 'doing' the femme gay. Yes, I went there.

Wow, if the Pirates had actually played a part in Max's return, then Glee is succumbing to fan demands way, way too much. But one has got to admire their patience and persistence.

As for point (2)... I guess it's no surprise that RM's mind is actually a bit perverted, given the types of TV shows he has written. Glee is surprisingly tame, but we know that it hadn't started out that way. It's true that 'bear cub' Karovsky does have fans in the gay community, because he represents some of them. I really hope that RM won't succumb to their desire to see that 'bear cubs 'doing' the femme gay' scenario, because that will be crossing a line, and I don't think Kurt deserves that sort of treatment. In fact, thinking of it that way is kinda insulting to Kurt, and I don't like it.

I also just noticed that we're going off topic a bit in this thread. Feel free to respond in the General Glee discussion thread and I'll join you there, if you want Wink
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/26/2012, 4:28 am

A visit from Warren Buffet!
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_m1h3l8bORM1ql1znmo1_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/26/2012, 6:25 am

^Deep hatred for blurred/pixelated images. Evil or Very Mad
I had mistook Darren for Harry, lol.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next