Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

+19
Buenos
valkeakuulas
brisallie
M&M
angelnessa
tanita_mors
Ireth
Kurt addict
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
bayth
TimF
lilypaperclips
23 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2015, 5:22 am

Mr. Shue will be singing 'Teach the Children' from Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in the final episode. neutre
x

-ETA-
Here's a video of Matt talking about it in an interview:  Arrow video.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/23/2015, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

Post  dimpledchris 2/23/2015, 5:48 am

^ Oh my god. I may cry when he sings that.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/23/2015, 12:14 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/628071/glee-s-last-day-of-filming-it-was-tough-says-matthew-morrison?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

It seems unclear as here it seems Matts song was the last scene filmed, as opposed to the last scene on Glee onscreen
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 2:21 am

Uptown Funk is out, it is too much like the original, but I like it. neutre 

For something original they could of had the girls sing most of it.

Samantha/Jane could have sung this and gave it an original flavour.

I hope these newbies get more work after this, they are way too talented to have their talent wasted.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 2:46 am

I Want To Break Free is amazing.

But the mixing is a bit strange.

Mason sounds really good on this. neutre 

Cool Kids is also up, sounds really good.

What they could have done with this five if they had hired them in Season 4.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/24/2015, 4:32 am

ColferInspired wrote:What they could have done with this five if they had hired them in Season 4.

MTE. I really like these new kids and their voices, despite my reservations about them getting precious screen time and songs needed for Kurt and the other originals (what's left of them, anyway).

It's not really a fault of the S4 newbies for being flat though (they really bored me, sorry), it was the shoddy writing that basically had most of the S4 newbies to be a rehash of the original members. This S6 batch of new kids seem much for fun, I wish we had more time to get to know and enjoy them.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 4:40 am

Friday I am Love I just love it. wub

I love what they have done with this song.

A Cure fan here. Smile

Here is where they are. I will downloading and keeping them all.

Lose My Breath, love it.

http://gsongsdl.tumblr.com/post/111938009431/6-09-child-star-dl-right-click-save-link
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/24/2015, 6:45 am

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr_nk91gf44OF1ql1znmo1_r1_540
vickiwoodlee Every member ever was of New Direction (plus a few extras on the top row) and Zach!

Or at least those that can make it. I think Damian McGinty couldn't, and I don't know if there's mention of Melissa Benoist or Blake Jenner being there.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/24/2015, 2:36 pm

i'm not impressed with "I want to break free". It's not terrible, but not amazing either. The Groff is the only one who did Queen justice (besides We are the champions)

lose my breath is good.

friday i'm in love is also good.

uptown funk - hot damn indeed.

who is singing on these songs ??? can't recognize anyone. maybe i should start to watch season 6. phr34r

who is on cool kids with darren ??? she sound amazing on the first verse.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/24/2015, 3:03 pm

^Groff set the bar very, very high indeed. That version of Bohemian Rhapsody is still one hell of a joyride.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2015, 5:23 pm

any chris songs? no? not interested.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 5:44 pm

^Nope, he may not even be in the episode.  Sleep

tanita_mors wrote:who is singing on these songs ??? can't recognize anyone. maybe i should start to watch season 6. phr34r

who is on cool kids with darren ??? she sound amazing on the first verse.
No Darren in 'Cool Kids' (Blaine is not in the episode).
It's all the new kids plus Kitty. The girl in the beginning is Jane ex-Warbler.

All the songs of 'Child Star' except for 'Lose My Breath' (Myron the Bar Mitzwah kid) and 'Break Free' (Rachel, Beiste, Sue, Will and the ND) are the new ND kids.
Really Ivana, you have to keep up. fanny2

I like all songs, with 'Break Free' being the weakest, which is surprising as it's the old characters singing. Lea is just not good with the 'younger targeted' pop songs, and whoever thought Dot-Marie would be a perfect fit for a Ariadne Grande song was probably smoking happy fumes.
The new kids all sing well, even Spencer was decent this time (as he was allowed to sing in a more comfortable lower range).

And of course everyone at McKinley gets to sing together on a glee club song when their co-coach Kurt is not there. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 6:07 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Tumblr_nkakrxjbMb1rsfboyo1_1280

Well, this isn't very helpful. Does Joaquin mean the old 6x09 (2009) or is he talking about the new 6x09: Child Star? saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2015, 8:14 pm

They'll probably have one throw away scene of them just to make the K(b)lainers happy.

Someone on tumblr made a comment about how it will be interesting to see if the numbers go down since the Brittana people no longer have to watch.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 9:20 pm

Songs for 6x10 (formerly 6x11), The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester:

1. Rather Be (Glee Cast Version)
  2. The Trolley Song (Glee Cast Version)
  3. Far From Over (Glee Cast Version)
  4. The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version)
  5. Rise (Glee Cast Version)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 2/24/2015, 9:26 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Songs for 6x10 (formerly 6x11), The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester:

1. Rather Be (Glee Cast Version)
  2. The Trolley Song (Glee Cast Version)
  3. Far From Over (Glee Cast Version)
  4. The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version)
  5. Rise (Glee Cast Version)

If Kurt sings on anything, maybe the Trolley song, but I am betting Sue gets another song, maybe Will, and VA definitely will. Probably Final Countdown as a NNND closing number.

ETA: Is this the episode that Dalton burns down? They and maybe Blarren will get a song.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 9:56 pm

^Yes, it's when Dalton burns down.

'Rather Be' would be a good song for Klaine in that storyline. It would actually be a great comforting song from Kurt to Blaine.
But if used for Klaine at all this song will probably go to Darren, or have Chris singing the girl parts in a ~Klaine 'duet'. Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2015, 9:43 am

The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version)
what is this shit ???? they waited for the last season to include some of my favorite rock/hard rock songs (bon jovi, queen, europe,...) and they are all sung but strangers. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2015, 10:13 am

tanita_mors wrote:
The Final Countdown (Glee Cast Version)
what is this shit ???? they waited for the last season to include some of my favorite rock/hard rock songs (bon jovi, queen, europe,...) and they are all sung but strangers. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Look at it from the bright side: maybe Blam will be singing the 'Final Countdown'. tonguue

But really, that song's intro is legendary: "dadadaaaadah dadadadadaaaah dadadaaaadah dadadadadadah"!

And lol, back in the day I actually bought the 'Staying Alive' album (on vinyl!) with Frank Stallone's 'Far From Over' on it.
Hey, I'm a BeeGees fan, I regret nothing.
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Discosmiley
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2015, 10:30 am

I think that all of us of a certain age have owned albums that now we have to try to justify (and find that we often can't). I used to love Final Countdown (just for the opening), but man, the cheese factor is off the scale.

Marie - don't feel bad about the Bee Gees. I had an Andy Gibb album (again, vinyl).  Embarassed Maybe my collection of Beatles, Led Zeppelin and the recording of the original cast of HAIR (all on vinyl and since replaced by CDs) negates that lapse in judgment.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/25/2015, 11:24 am

I had both of Europe's albums.

I was not a massive fan as I was with Def Leppard and Bon Jovi.

Still wish Chris had got to do a Def Leppard song.

If he did want to sing publicly some time in the future and wanted someone to suggest songs I would suggest Animal by Def Leppard. neutre

I have a thing for hearing him sing rock after hearing him sing I Believe In A Thing Called Love with Adam L.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2015, 11:29 am

Oh, I have HAIR on vinyl as well, and the Europe album too. Smile 

Ah well, good times. Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 16 Rocking-chair1-smiley

Back to the spoilers:
- 'The Trolley Song' will be most likely for Sue and her mom.
- I still think 'Rather Be' would be fitting for Klaine (not even thinking about a Kurt solo) but it will probably be for Samchel or the new Mason/Jane ship.
- It's rumored that there's a Vocal Adrenaline song in this episode, so that'll be either 'Far From Over' or 'The Final Countdown'.
- Whatever of those 2 songs are left will probably be a ND song. Or Blam, lol. (not even kidding) Rolling Eyes
- As 'Rise' is the last song of the episode it will very likely be a ND+Warblers song.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2015, 3:32 pm

The songs of 6x10 (formerly 6x11) are out. That's quick. blinkk 

- Rather Be - Jane+Kitty.
- The Trolley Song - Sue and her mom (Carol Burnett)
- Far From Over - Vocal Adrenaline
- The Final Countdown - Sue+Will ohmy 
- Rise - composed by Darren Criss

'Rather Be' is good.

'The Trolley song' is nice, as I expected.

'Far From Over' is an overproduced and hasty mess (typical season 6 Vocal Adrenaline sound), and as the original wasn't much to begin with..... unsure

The singers on 'The Final Countdown' are surprising, but Jane is very good on it! Matt is also good, as always. Unfortunately the famous intro is totally butchered in the arrangement by some cheap keyboard. Evil or Very Mad

Darren's original song 'Rise' is okay, but a bit too messy and frantic imo, with the fast tempo and all the singers singing and almost shouting the too elaborate harmonies together.
Not a bad song though.

But lol, no Kurt at all. So that's 3 episodes with him not singing (besides the little harmony on 'Our Day Will Come').
And as 6x11 will be Sectionals he won't be singing in that episode either. dryy

-ETA-
According to darrencrissnews there will be another original song from Darren in the finale episode. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2015, 3:49 pm

Darren's song is out? Better stay away from Tumbler. I'm sure his stans are flailing and saying it's the greatest thing ever.

Final countdown with Matt and Sue should be interesting. I'll have to listen later.

Kurt not singing is nothing new. At least we got a couple of decent things from him so far this season, and we know we have something else coming up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2015, 4:06 pm

I just listened to Darren's song, and it's basic. Kind of monotonous, and the lyrics are pretty cliche. No real hook to it. The end when they have everyone layered over each other singing sounds pretty bad. It's definitely written in Darren's range, though, so I'm sure he'll be performing it all over.

Another Darren song in the finale? Some of his stans have been speculating that the big group number at the end will be his song (but I think someone on the crew said she heard the song they were singing on the radio, so that disproves that. I think two Darren original songs in three episodes is a bit much, though. I'm sure it's a test to see how he does to see if there is any hope to put out that album for him. I can envision his stans buying the songs multiple times to make it rate higher.

That being said, I'm sure that Rise will be the highest rated song of the episode not because it's the best song in the episode, but because the other songs in the episode aren't by the most popular cast members (i.e. the Kitty/Jane song is new people, The Trolley Song is the type of song you don't expect to sell, Jane and Matt aren't as big of sellers as the younger cast--though the song may make people interested, and the VA song is kind of a throwaway).

You know, one thing I'll constructively say about Darren is that one of the reasons he is so mediocre at everything is that he has spread his "talent" too much. Maybe if he had focused on one area, and really worked to improve he would be good at something instead of mediocre at a bunch of things.

The final countdown was OK, but I think Jane's stretching a bit on her parts. They should have lowered it a bit for her.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next