Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

+19
Buenos
valkeakuulas
brisallie
M&M
angelnessa
tanita_mors
Ireth
Kurt addict
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
bayth
TimF
lilypaperclips
23 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 17 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

Post  Ranwing 2/25/2015, 4:20 pm

The music this season is has been a mess. This really indicates show runners who really stopped giving a fuck a long time ago, or who just don't have a clue.

Another VA song? Seriously? I'm wondering what kind of a development deal that guy who's the soloist has with FOX because there is no justification for him to get this many songs when there are regulars who've barely gotten a fraction of what he's done so far. The overload is really telling when we've got members of ND that have barely gotten to sing this season.

I love Sue and I love Jane but enough... she's gotten a solo and multiple duets this season and it's just too much. Especially when Matt has been pretty silent for the majority of the season.

No Kurt... again. *sigh* I don't know why I bother to get my hopes up any more.

As for Darren's song... I'm really going to try to be fair here. It's okay. But just okay. It's very amateurish with the overdone arrangements and the lyrics are pretty cliché ridden and generic. He squeezed in every empowerment trope that Lea missed in Cannonball. It's not a bad amateur effort, but it's clearly not a song written by a professional. Darren has a long way to go before he's giving John Legend and Bruno Mars any competition.

As for the performance itself... it's very, very muddled. It's too many voices singing too loudly and quickly that just turn the number into a blur set to music. I don't know if this is due to the music that Darren scored for the song or the production, but it didn't elevate his song in the least. I think that a stripped down version with fewer voices would have worked better (and maybe slowing it down a bit), but squeezing in every singer in ND and the Warblers just created a wall of noise (instead of a wall of sound).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 17 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/25/2015, 4:58 pm

I think Dalton either burns down because of Sue, or Blaine's hair gel leaked onto some Candles.......

You know what would have been nice?......

If Kurt got to sing for once?........

Blaine get to have solos to 'comfort' Kurt......

This should have been a Kurt solo moment......

He could have song Jason Maraz Version Of It's So Hard To Say Goodbye......

That would have been awesome.......

Memories of Dalton......

Relateable.......

Perfect solo moment.......

Just saying Glee  :angry:  .......
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/25/2015, 5:04 pm

It's like Glee does everything upside down. You would think they'd at least try to increase something that the audience wants but not. Lets do everything the other way round.

I'd love to see the airtime minutes of their only sole award winning and nominated actor's (not counting Jane or Dot here because they are supporting) compared to the actual episode minutes after season 3. I bet no other show in history has decreased their most profilic actor's use after highly regarded instances giving them recognition. Who has been Fox's test audiences?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/25/2015, 5:20 pm

I am pretty relieved to see that Kurt will be successful in the future, If I was a Klainer I probably will be more happy with Kurt's ending, but since I am a Kurt stan I am just annoyed that I will not gt to see Kurt work on his career or get any solos :/ Like The only thing I got to watch Kurt do this season was Klaine related, not his school or career goals, and that is a huge disappointment to me. You can tell me Kurt becomes president of the USA and I still will be disappointed cause I did not get to see Kurt do anything for himself. I like to be shown, not told. If we got to see Rachel and Blaine work then I want to see Kurt work too. I want to see him at Nyada, vogue, anything to show me how he got his first break out star shining moment. But instead I only got to see him say I do. I am so disappointed dryy
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2015, 5:30 pm

i am not expecting anything. i am not expecting anything. i am not expecting anything.

i am not listening to anything. i am not listening to anything. i am not listening to anything.

nothing interests me. call me when kurt has a solo. Sleep
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 2/25/2015, 5:33 pm

So pretty much all songs accounted for exlcluding the finale.

No kurt for however many consecutive eps. Possibility but not certain of singing on popular. And we at least we know he recorded something for the finale. Greaaaat way to go out, thanks glee!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2015, 5:58 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 17 Tumblr_nkcdpixj6W1r4ezfzo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/25/2015, 8:48 pm

^ Meh. I was excited for "2009" at first but then all the spoilers about Sam and Blaine being there (and Finn and Quinn and Mike (?) not present) are killing the buzz.

Ranwing wrote:The music this season is has been a mess. This really indicates show runners who really stopped giving a fuck a long time ago, or who just don't have a clue.

Another VA song? Seriously? I'm wondering what kind of a development deal that guy who's the soloist has with FOX because there is no justification for him to get this many songs when there are regulars who've barely gotten a fraction of what he's done so far. The overload is really telling when we've got members of ND that have barely gotten to sing this season.

Seriously. There have been very few hits but mostly misses in the song selections this season. I think Vocal Adrenaline has more songs than ND, how in the world is that fair..? If they were banking on Max George bringing in the iTunes sales, uh, sorry but no one's interested anymore.

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:I am pretty relieved to see that Kurt will be successful in the future, If I was a Klainer I probably will be more happy with Kurt's ending, but since I am a Kurt stan I am just annoyed that I will not gt to see Kurt work on his career or get any solos :/ Like The only thing I got to watch Kurt do this season was Klaine related, not his school or career goals, and that is a huge disappointment to me. You can tell me Kurt becomes president of the USA and I still will be disappointed cause I did not get to see Kurt do anything for himself. I like to be shown, not told. If we got to see Rachel and Blaine work then I want to see Kurt work too. I want to see him at Nyada, vogue, anything to show me how he got his first break out star shining moment. But instead I only got to see him say I do. I am so disappointed dryy

Spoken like a true Kurt stan. Kurt hasn't gotten a storyline this season that is solely his, and even last season we wouldn't have gotten one had Chris not written 5x19. The problem of this show is that it always wants to tell rather than show, and it's apparent that they really have given up with giving quality storylines that take care of their characters and instead got busy with breaking the fourth wall and ridiculing the last of its fans.

mindschemez wrote:So pretty much all songs accounted for exlcluding the finale.

No kurt for however many consecutive eps. Possibility but not certain of singing on popular. And we at least we know he recorded something for the finale. Greaaaat way to go out, thanks glee!
fantastica wrote:nothing interests me. call me when kurt has a solo. Sleep

Same here. Up until yesterday I still had hope for a Kurt solo, but I think I might have to let it go. Siiigh.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/25/2015, 9:06 pm

Rather Be, sounds wonderful.

Rise, is okay but not brilliant.

Final Countdown is a surprise but not too bad.

The Trolly song is really good.

The VA song I have enough of them, this is way too overproduced and not that good at all.

Just remind ourselves, Chris is singing in Noel, Chris is singing in Noel...
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/27/2015, 7:11 am

Saw the performance of Uptown Funk.

Realised of course Jane is on this, and then remembered what I said before.

That happens when I have one of idiot friends talking I missed Jane's voice on this.

Love that they did this.

Jane, Roderick and Spencer are incredible on this song. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 2/27/2015, 8:36 am

It's such a shame they didn't have these people before I ac like them, there's that misfits vibe about them I love the I incest twins, and the boy is a real scene stealer if they had got these actors first instead of trying to re copy and failing Glee might have had chance, but then again they would have had to get new writers to lol
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2015, 3:52 pm

Darren Criss, who stars as fan favorite Blaine Anderson, wrote original song "This Time," which is set to be one of the last songs Lea Michele's Rachel Berry performs during Glee's two-hour series finale on March 20.
hollywoodreporter

Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2015, 3:55 pm

Eh, too little, too late.

No song will crack top 500 in itune sales, it's obvious.

I call it a small win that the last group song number isn't some original song, nor Will's song to the original characters (Teach your children)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/27/2015, 3:59 pm

As I said on Previously TV - they pushed Darren at the expense of Chris for years now. It's time for Lea to shoulder some of the burden.

I can only imagine how this is going to outrage her fans. That what will very probably be her last solo on Glee will be a Darren Criss ditty. Especially since she never got to sing one of the songs off her album (a serious lost cross-promotional opportunity).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2015, 5:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Darren Criss, who stars as fan favorite Blaine Anderson, wrote original song "This Time," which is set to be one of the last songs Lea Michele's Rachel Berry performs during Glee's two-hour series finale on March 20.
hollywoodreporter

Rolling Eyes

Really? He wrote a song for Lea to sing?

Well, if it doesn't sell well, I guess it gives his stans an excuse: "People didn't by it because it was sung by Lea. It would have sold better if our precious cupcake sang it."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2015, 5:25 pm

Let's be real.. all the Glee songs are selling like shit these days.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/27/2015, 5:42 pm

Talk about taking a bad situation and making it worse. The Darren fans are pissed that his song is going to be performed by Lea and the Lea fans are furious that her last solo of the season is going to be written by Darren. If the show runners wanted to deliberately infuriate the few fans they have left, they couldn't have done it better.

Thankfully Chris and his fans can watch from the sidelines.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 2/27/2015, 6:34 pm

Do we know the songs of 11 yet? Is that Sectionals?

Is that the one with Chandelier? Do we know all the performance songs?

Also, lol at all the Glee business right now.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2015, 6:43 pm

TBH, I think this season for other reasons has been a fairly disappointing season for Blaine stans, they can't pretend it's the Blee show anymore.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/27/2015, 7:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

hollywoodreporter

Only thing going through my head right now: Thank all the gods it isn't a Kurt/klaine song.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/27/2015, 7:41 pm

dimpledchris wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

hollywoodreporter

Only thing going through my head right now: Thank all the gods it isn't a Kurt/klaine song.

Agree 100%. The CrissColfer shippers would be having a field day,and would be saying this proves Crisscolfer is on.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2015, 7:55 pm

Buenos wrote:TBH, I think this season for other reasons has been a fairly disappointing season for Blaine stans, they can't pretend it's the Blee show anymore.
It's been a fairly disappointing season for the fans of all characters on the show (and that's an understatement, lol), except for maybe a few Samchel fans, and even they will probably get their upcoming in the final episodes.

The ones who got off the best are probably the Brittana fans, but even they had to stomach Klaine tainting their wedding and having their OTP state that Klaine are a trailblazer and example for them. Mad

This season is horrible, and I think it can't be denied anymore that RIB are on a mission to piss off all fans equally as a farewell 'gift'. And to rile up fandoms against one another as a bonus. Latest 'victims': Rachel and Blaine fans.
One can almost admire how RIB can piss of fans and destroy characters/actors by actually giving them something they want: in this case Rachel another solo and Darren a song he wrote himself in the final episode.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2015, 9:09 pm

“[Singing my last song—an ABBA song—with Matthew Morrison] was brutal.”
Jane Lynch

So that speculation was true: an ABBA song. Probably 'Thank You For The Music'.

Glee: The Music, We Built This Glee Club (6x11):

1. Listen To Your Heart (Glee Cast Version) -?
  2. We Built This City (Glee Cast Version) - Vocal Adrenaline
  3. Mickey (Glee Cast Version) - Vocal Adrenaline
  4. Take Me To Church (Glee Cast Version) - Roderick+Jane+Kitty
  5. Chandelier (Glee Cast Version) - Madison+Kitty+Jane
  6. Come Sail Away (Glee Cast Version) - Madison+Mason+Kitty+Spencer

So that's episode number 4 without any Kurt singing. dryy 
(Or other 'old' characters, really)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 2/27/2015, 9:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
“[Singing my last song—an ABBA song—with Matthew Morrison] was brutal.”
Jane Lynch

So that speculation was true: an ABBA song. Probably 'Thank You For The Music'.

Glee: The Music, We Built This Glee Club (6x11):

1. Listen To Your Heart (Glee Cast Version) -?
  2. We Built This City (Glee Cast Version) - Vocal Adrenaline
  3. Mickey (Glee Cast Version) - Vocal Adrenaline
  4. Take Me To Church (Glee Cast Version) - Roderick+Jane+Kitty
  5. Chandelier (Glee Cast Version) - Madison+Kitty+Jane
  6. Come Sail Away (Glee Cast Version) - Madison+Mason+Kitty+Spencer

So that's episode number 4 without any Kurt singing. dryy 
(Or other 'old' characters, really)

Ugh! Won't need to listen once again. I am hearing all these songs for the finale, and I am thinking more and more, Kurt will get nothing but a line on a song. Who was asking for Jane to sing this much this season? Who was asking for focus on Vocal Adrenaline, or the Warblers, or Myron, or New Newbies as opposed to seeing completed stories and career arcs for our faves? What a wasted season this has been. I am going to pretend that season 5 was the last season. It may have ended with Blaine and Kurt, but at least they were in New York with no signs of leaving, going to school and pursuing careers with Mrs. Dolloway. Rachel was going to LA, Sam was in Lima, Mercedes was on tour with Santana and Brit and Artie was in film school. A perfectly fine ending.

Songs we know of for Dreams Come True
Thank you for the Music - Jane and Matt
I Lived - Group song
Darren's song - Lea
Mercedes Song
Teach the Children Well - Matt
Probably Jonathan Groff something

That is already 6 songs. What a bust this season is for Kurt fans.

Can I say right now that I always wanted Kurt to sing This is the Moment as a triumph song (perhaps an audition), but you know, Glee. Evil or Very Mad
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/28/2015, 5:49 pm

6x11 - "We Built This Glee Club" (13-Mar-2015)

Well aware of the dire implications should the new New Directions/Warblers supergroup fail to defeat Vocal Adrenaline at Sectionals, the infighting among the gleeks begins to take its toll on morale, prompting the team’s two weakest dancers, Spencer and Roderick, to seek the uncompromising help of Kitty in order to improve their moves and bolster their odds at victory, and leaving one gleek to decide how far he is willing to go for a chance at victory.
Sam and Kurt’s concern over Rachel’s looming decision to return to Broadway before completing her degree at NYADA continues to grow. While they each try to convince her to complete her studies, former flame Jesse St. James makes an unexpected visit - and a startling admission - in a bid to convince her to take the job. Meanwhile, Sue remains full of surprises as her all-out assault on Will and the Glee Club reaches heretofore unseen heights.

SPECIAL GUESTS:
Jesse St. James - JONATHAN GROFF
Kitty Wilde - BECCA TOBIN
Clint - MAX GEORGE
Jane Hayward - SAMANTHA MARIE WARE
Spencer Porter - MARSHALL WILLIAMS
Roderick - NOAH GUTHRIE
Mason McCarthy - BILLY LEWIS JR.
Madison McCarthy - LAURA DREYFUSS
Rod Remington - BILL A. JONES
Donna Landries - PATRICIA FORTE

ADDITIONAL CAST:
Head Warbler - MYKO OLIVIER
Super Gay Warbler - MASON TRUEBLOOD
Warbler #2 - JP DUBÉE
Warbler #7 - RILAN ROPPOLO
Besides getting married to the grease stain Kurt's (and basically every other character's) only storyline in season 6  is propping up Rachel. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next