Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Glorfindel 3/24/2015, 9:55 am

brisallie wrote:I'm watching a programme that is commenting the end of Glee. And one of the critics said that one of the problems of Ryan Murphy is he is good at decorating(lightning,photography,so on) his movies and tv shows,but doesnt care about the story,to give some depth to the characters.
This is true I think: remember all the times on Glee they meticulously copied videos and/or costumes (like Rachel as Barbra, and her weddingdress being the one Audrey Hepburn wore in 'Funny Face')? And how long it took to pick Rachel's engagement ring, and personally selected her lipstick?
(Which, when you think of it, is a little creepy. Mad )

Also I've noticed,that outside the US,most of GA think Glee ended seasons ago.
I know here in the Netherlands they only showed seasons 1 to 3 on tv. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  fantastica 3/24/2015, 1:29 pm

^ so they've never met ANY of the newbies! no wonder the noobs don't make a splash - nobody is watching! Smile granted the noobs are some of the most boring characters ever written.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/24/2015, 1:43 pm

fantastica wrote:^ so they've never met ANY of the newbies! no wonder the noobs don't make a splash - nobody is watching! Smile granted the noobs are some of the most boring characters ever written.

It shows how bad those Glee  writers were  that some of the Noobs are finding outside career success away from Glee.

Melissa has been in critically acclaimed movie (Whiplash) another one coming out with Pacino and Annette Benning, is the TV "Supergirl" ;  Blake Jenner has a Richard Linklater movie he was in; so they had talent, but Glee just didn't know how to utilize it with the crappy way they wrote their characters on the show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/24/2015, 2:32 pm

Question to the Mods, is that going to continue as a general Snark and Bar, with Glee now dead?

Anyways, I'm putting this here because it's sort of a snark, It's an interview that Steve Grand, the out musician who did that video that went spiral :"All American Boy" a couple of years ago.   I remember it got some flak because the video showed a gay guy who has a crush on a straight friend and make a move at the end and is rebuffed.  Anyways, he's just released his first CD.

http://www.thebacklot.com/the-backlot-interview-steve-grand/03/2015/

Excerpt:
Once you came out on the scene you were already out, so there was no coming-out process publicly. What have you heard from people?

SG: Definitely 99% of the hate I get is from other gay people.
Really?
SG: Oh, absolutely.
What do you attribute that to and what kind of hate are you getting?
SG:  I think it’s a lot of all different things. Of course it’s the Internet, so it’s just easy for people just to say whatever they want with no consequence. And also just putting yourself out there, people still don’t understand that just because someone has some viral success doesn’t all of a sudden put them in this position of power. Obviously it gave me a leg up to where I could start building a career, but it’s just that, I’m starting to build a career now. You don’t get a career in a moment like that.
And so, I think people historically feel like they want to s**t all over people that they see in positions of power and I think I’m mistaken as one of those people. I don’t think that I have much power at all, and I don’t think that I’m trying to do anything outside of making my fans happy with the music that I write and record and, of course, I want to branch out and I want to have more fans, so I try to get interviews like this and I try to talk to different outlets and I try to get my music everywhere it can be.
I think some people just, I don’t know…you’re on the Internet and people just feel like they can say anything. People don’t like what I represent, and they think I’m trying to represent the whole gay community just because I’m a gay person and I make music. By default I’m supposed to represent a whole community? I think that’s ridiculous. When people have expectations like that you’re going to make a lot of them upset– when in fact I’m not trying to represent anybody but myself.
Now I realize that Steve Grand the singer is 180 from Kurt Hummel the characters, however the gay community (like others)  on line does tend to backlash on some public figures in a very visceral way because of the anonymity of the internet ...

It got me to thinking because Chris through the character of Kurt would get a lot negative backlash I think from some in the gay community.  "The character is too stereotypical fey/feminine, etc," and while I think the generalization wasn't all that accurate in some regards,  I do think part of it has to do with some in the gay community who are uncomfortable with the effeminate segment within it, and so to  them the  character Kurt is part of that.     Ironically enough, some well known BW scene gay  blogger who was ragging on Darren CRiss performance in "How to Succeed" make an aside that the character of Kurt played by Chris Colfer is too fey for his taste.

Steve Grand was criticized for portraying gays as predatory I suppose, but he was just making a video that went spiral and there you have it...

Just thought it was interesting as I do find some criticism of Chris/Kurt in the gay community, and it has to do with how his character has been portrayed in the show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/24/2015, 2:57 pm

Yes, we will keep this as a snark and bark thread because we may need to snark and bark (though I really hope that the words "Darren Criss" will never again find their ways on to this board). But then again, we'll probably have K(b)lainers and CC tinhatters behaving badly, so we probably will see his name on occasion.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/24/2015, 5:31 pm

Backlot itself has famously few commenters, gay men, that were writing awful and spiteful things about Kurt in the early days. And it was sometimes extended to Chris as well. I'm talking way back when it was still AfterElton.

I do think we are all afraid that "our groups " what ever groups they might be will be badly, or in a scale of society norms badly compared. This insane fear of the effeminate man, which Chris isn't and has never really been, is so weird.

I'd like to think that Chris might fall in between this snide or generalisation by being very versatile with his career. Just the fact that he writes children's books is a "strange " combo for a actor really. And it gives him the leeway from the format many have tried to stuff him into.

And as far as being typecast as a gay man with his big role next, yes Noel Coward was a gay man, he was quite a different man than Kurt.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2015, 5:49 pm

most actors are "typecasted". they have to LOOK like the part, regardless of their ability to play the character. some people have a certain look, suitable for a certain role. those few who are truly versatile, also have a more "neutral" face. you can put any hat on their heads and they wouldn't look ridiculous.

Right now I cannot perceive Chris playing a police officer for example. He looks too "tender". Smile

(ok, somehow it reminds me of west side story on glee again. big fail)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/24/2015, 11:00 pm

Grant is like a straight version of Chris.

He is a dork, not overly masculine, and is clumsy as his cast mates have admitted he has been known to crash into things and other people during the running scenes.

Chris is a dork, which being gay and a feminist, they say he is effeminate.

Gay men used insults against Chris and called him a twink and a girl like it was the worse things to be.

Once Chris had his growth spurt and start building on muscle and his face changed, they started calling Chris a hunk and hot, and other compliments.

Chris can easily look rougher and tougher as that is called acting. neutre

So, I could see him in action films.

All he would need is hair not styled and maybe a bit of facial growth.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/24/2015, 11:13 pm

This.

Chris is an actor. A very good one.

I think people have a hard time separating Kurt from Chris. Physically he's bulked out, it's a matter of the role.

Still can't get over how angry and tough and slightly menacing (in a hot way) he looked after he kicked Blaine's ass in fencing in "Tested".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/25/2015, 12:43 am

Buenos wrote:

This.

Chris is an actor.  A very good one.

I think people have a hard time separating Kurt from Chris.  Physically he's bulked out, it's a matter of the role.  

Still can't get over how angry and tough and slightly menacing (in a hot way)  he looked after he kicked Blaine's ass in fencing in "Tested".  

"Tested" will always be one of the favourite episodes.

The writers clearly loved Kurt and Chris. wub

They were two of the writers from House.

Strapping soprano. Blaine was the homosexual.

This was one episode that Kurt came out looking better than Blaine, and Kurt took no crap and kicked Blaine's arse and did not change his diet.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/25/2015, 4:48 am

Buenos wrote:Still can't get over how angry and tough and slightly menacing (in a hot way)  he looked after he kicked Blaine's ass in fencing in "Tested".  
This, he looked like he was starring in some old English drama. aa54

He also looked more than ready for a fight when Puck wanted him to give him Finn's letterman jacket in 'The Quarterback'.

Chris is not a box, there are more than 4 sides to him.  Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/25/2015, 5:01 am

Buenos wrote:Question to the Mods, is that going to continue as a general Snark and Bar, with Glee now dead?

This thread has always served as a place to post snarks that are also non-Glee-related.

But you have a point. There will probably come a time when we can rename this thread 'Snark & Bark' instead of 'Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark'. Especially when Glee becomes a thing that is long dead and very far in the past.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/30/2015, 11:20 pm

This has nothing to do with typecasting actors, but I've realized the society is not ready to move forward. Today in my country, two celebs had a big discussion about gays adopting children, and one of them was totally in favor, and the other said "The society is not ready, kids will be discriminated", instead of saying that, the society should be educated to start to think differently and be more tolerant.

I know I said this had nothing to do with typecasting, but I would like to say the same goes for Hollywood and their gay actors, so as it has been already established that gay actors don't 'pass' as straights they don't have those kind of roles. I think is better to do something than simply keep things like they are.

Besides, I'm sure Chris will be awesome in any character that is given to him, and would be a nice dad. Ok that was my inner fangirl Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/3/2015, 2:39 am

Darren favourited a tweet about boyfriends which is one of the reasons why Chris is being attacked on twitter right now. :angry: 

Some are threatening to cause trouble at his next book signing. antifana
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/3/2015, 3:51 am

Chris has just blocked all of them. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/3/2015, 3:57 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris has just blocked all of them. neutre

I am glad he blocked them. They deserve it. neutre
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/3/2015, 4:18 am

Why can't these people just leave him alone, if they are "so over him"? Why haven't they found someone else around Darren they can bully and do awful manipulations with and imagine Darren f*cking!? Not that I'd wish that on anyone, but haven't we seen these crazies for so many years now!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/3/2015, 4:48 am

I have mentioned this theory I had before and a couple have dismissed it in the past.

But I think it is Chris who they are obsessed with.

Will is just an excuse, as is Klaine and CrissColfer now.

I don't think any of them have ever or want to ever admit they are secretly attracted to a gay man.

If it was Darren they wanted, they would have tweeted him for years and tried their hardest to get his attention, but it is Chris they want the attention from.

Obsession comes with love and hate when they don't get the attention back.

Chris was stalked, not Darren.

Darren has fueled CrissColfer, and Mia in the picture stops them being able to live through Darren so they can be with Chris.

I have thought for a long time that they used Darren as a cover to hide who they really want.

Someone who is obsessed with someone or had a crush on someone they would do their utmost to try and get their attention as it easier to do that on social media. So, it is not Darren who is getting that attention, Chris is.

One of them just photographed herself outside Chris's new house a while back.

We don't see any of them doing that to Darren.

And don't forget Chris once said in an interview I think it was last year 95% of his mail is females proposing to him and saying they can convert him.

I have never seen Darren ever say that.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/3/2015, 5:20 am

ColferInspired wrote:I have mentioned this theory I had before and a couple have dismissed it in the past.

I don't think any of them have ever or want to ever admit they are secretly attracted to a gay man.

If it was Darren they wanted, they would have tweeted him for years and tried their hardest to get his attention, but it is Chris they want the attention from.

I think you might have a good idea there, because what I gather they don't do this to Darren? I also find their threats of not supporting Chris in the future quite childish as well. Like a single one, or even a dozen, of these crazies had any influence over his future productions success.

ColferInspired wrote:Darren has fueled CrissColfer, and Mia in the picture stops them being able to live through Darren so they can be with Chris.

I have thought for a long time that they used Darren as a cover to hide who they really want.

Someone who is obsessed with someone or had a crush on someone they would do their utmost to try and get their attention as it easier to do that on social media. So, it is not Darren who is getting that attention, Chris is.

And don't forget Chris once said in an interview I think it was last year 95% of his mail is females proposing to him and saying they can convert him.

I've always been very non-chalant about Darren as a person, but the first time I heard him talk about Chris's coattails just stuck with me. (And that was years ago in one of the Paley fests!) I've heard and read in here that he's never let go of that attitude.

But if these people infact are just aggressive CrissColfer shippers then a solid show of direction from Darren would suffice. I know it would be unfair to demand of him to be more public about his personal relationships, because I would never demand that from Chris either, but it would help. And how much is it obvious about his relationship status that even I know he's got a girlfriend even thought I'm not the slightest bit interested in him.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/3/2015, 6:00 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I have mentioned this theory I had before and a couple have dismissed it in the past.

I think you might have a good idea there, because what I gather they don't do this to Darren? I also find their threats of not supporting Chris in the future quite childish as well. Like a [url=#]singleKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 26 Arrow-10x10[/url] one, or even a dozen, of these crazies had any influence over his future productions success.

ColferInspired wrote:Darren has fueled CrissColfer, and Mia in the picture stops them being able to live through Darren so they can be with Chris.

One of them just photographed herself outside Chris's [url=#]newKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 26 Arrow-10x10[/url] house a while back.

I've always been very non-chalant about Darren as a [url=#]personKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 26 Arrow-10x10[/url], but the first time I heard him talk about Chris's coattails just stuck with me. (And that was years ago in one of the Paley fests!) I've heard and read in here that he's never let go of that attitude.

But if these people infact are just aggressive CrissColfer shippers then a solid show of direction from Darren would suffice. I know it would be unfair to demand of him to be more public about his [url=#]personalKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 26 Arrow-10x10[/url] relationships, because I would never demand that from Chris either, but it would help. And how much is it obvious about his relationship status that even I know he's got a girlfriend even thought I'm not the slightest bit interested in him.

But the thing is they do support his projects as next book signing they will be gushing about meeting him, saying how good looking he is, buying anything he writes, watching any movie or show he is in.

It is Chris they are reblogging, not much so Darren now.

I remember back in the day different ones saying they wished they had been born a gay man, but then that changed after Klaine and CrissColfer that Darren started fueling, so in a sense they could be using Darren as their fantasy come true.

Because it makes no sense putting Chris with Darren as it would make more sense to have themselves with Darren if it was Darren they were interested in.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/3/2015, 10:58 am

I do agree there is some sort of displacement from these so-called fans. Because they cannot make him feel the way they wish him to, they focus on his partner, on screen that is, to be their surrogate. They get angry, because they know deep down that they can't change him, so they put the object they desire into a subservient position to diminish him and make themselves feel better. They get to be "in charge" in this non-existent relationship. They also don't like that he didn't submit to their fantasies like Darren has, so they further want to "punish" him for not playing the game. Otherwise, as said above, why not move onto someone else in Darren's life.

I certainly don't want to punish Chris, even if he wasn't gay, the odds that something could happen between us is astronomical. He allows us to share his talent, he certainly shares the pretty, and for a real fan, that is quite sufficient.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/3/2015, 12:22 pm

But the shear nastiness and vile that just pours out of them is insane. I have hard time believing that anyone could sanely think that they still "love " Chris after what they say.

I could never imagine anyone here, no matter what they feel about his choice of partners, ever going to him directly to shout at his choices. It's like a temper tantrum of a five year old...only with real awful words.

I also believe Chris is sometimes seen as the fashionable accessorie to gush about: nice, clever, funny and also the "cute" gay. He's could be their cookie cutter gay, who deep down isn't acting like these insane nutters want him to behave.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/3/2015, 12:27 pm

Darren has fueled CrissColfer, and Mia in the picture stops them being able to live through Darren so they can be with Chris.

Oh honey, i totally agree w/ your theory! it makes perfect sense. back when we were little, some boys (and occasionally girls too) will on surface "dislike" or even bully the ones they like to cover up the fact that they are secretly in love/obsessed w/ them. It mostly likely happens in situations where such love/obsession will be ridiculed or forbidden and the person is not emotionally mature. I guess wanting a gay man puts some in the same mindset.

if one truly does not love/care about a celebrity, he/she will likely quit following, rather than relentlessly trying to bash him for anything that displeases them. if these fans are making such a big deal out of anything, it only shows that they care way too much, in a negative and unhealthy way. they need to see a therapist, stat!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/3/2015, 1:08 pm

It seems like very sociopathic, maybe even psychopathic behavior (not an expert of course). I think about movies like Misery and Play Misty for Me, where the "fans" become increasingly demanding and scary when they aren't receiving attention or getting their way, to the point of homicidal behavior towards their "favorite". Or even Jodie Foster and her real-life stalker and what he did to get her attention. The fact that some of these idiots know where Chris and Will live is even more scary.

I too hope they turn their attention elsewhere soon, but pity the person they latch onto next.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 4/3/2015, 2:03 pm

Yeah, these people are clearly sick.

Would make for a very interesting case study or thesis for any psych grads.

There's a few especially vile and vocal siccos on twitter that I saw yesterday. Tinhatter and Klainer. Yet, they were so vile toward Chris. Berating him, the whole 9. Its clear their fave is DC, so im always mind boggled with the incessant IRL shipping. They clearly have issues with Chris, so why do they still want to "ship" him with their fave (D)? I know I wouldn't wish a person i couldnt tolerate on my faves. Move on to the next if you find someone so problematic, you know?

But still, they cling.

It does go back to wanting to control Chris, mold him, be their play-thing, and conform to their warped reality. Causing them to act out when things dont go their way.

Really really sick stuff.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next