Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 15 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Buenos 1/8/2015, 2:47 pm

Well it does seem odd that Darren would tweet congrats to Grant and Flash and not his co star Chris.  Just because it shows  he does know about the awards and he did  a congrats last year.  For all we know, they are recording together in a session with Anders and he congratulated in person.  However, for someone like Darren who seems very conscious of his PR/image it does stick out, especially because that is his main costar on the show and he can't pretend he didn't see the results.

As to Flash/Grant:
Darren's cover is that one of Grant's costars and the other person he tweeted is a UofM alumni, and an actual Starkids.  Add that Andy Mentius guest starring  on Flash is another alumni and so Grant is surrounded by Wolverines.LOL.  Knowing Darren, I wouldn't put it past him once Glee is over to fly up to Vancouver and get plenty of photo ops visiting the set and his "friends".  Rolling Eyes

I will say one thing.  I do think Chris himself has been deliberate in not tweeting or acknowledging Darren publicly in the the last couple of years.  I'm not sure when this started but it's noticeable to me.   He's responded directly or indirectly to most of his other Glee costars, (such as retweeting/or liking a photo Chord instagrammed).  I know Darren sent a TBT message to Chris for the Dalton photo tweeted a  couple of months ago and Chris did not respond.  So on one side, if Darren knows Chris isn't going to respond, why bother? 

OTOH, Darren responded IIRC last year rather snarkily to a Klainer tweet that he congratulated Chris on his birthday personally, rather than tweet about it. 

My own hunch is that Chris has professional respect/good working relationship with Darren but nothing indicates that, as of now, they are particularly close outside of working hours.  Which again, is no huge deal since that probably covers 99 % of actors in series.  Where it becomes even more convoluted is that even Darren says Chris HATES how they pair them up in real life fiction, and the less said about the tin-hatters despicable public behavior, the better.  FWIW, I think Chris doesn't give a fuck and does what he wants, which is why I suspect they Chris/Darren are not particularly close.   It is odd for such a high profile couple on TV (or used to be) that Darren and Chris outside of a public shoot are never photographed together on the set anymore  or even joking around anymore. Hell they don't even do joint interviews anymore (other than those god awful Mia BTS Q and A's with Darren as host)   It's not horrible or tragic, but I do think for whatever reason it is there and a bit strange. Amber will tweet Darren sleeping or Chris will be shown in the background of an Amber photo, but you never have  a Darren/Chris tweet together.  Considering they spend more time on set with each other than practically anyone else, (other than Chris/Lea)  you would think the odds are we would get something, especially because neither are complete social media novices.

Since neither has ever publicly said something negative about the other, again, I'm giving them both the BOD.  A lot of people I've worked with I get along fine with them but the last thing I want to do is see them off hours in social settings, and there is nothing wrong with that.  It's not that I hate them.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Jellyrolls 1/8/2015, 3:30 pm

Buenos wrote:
I will say one thing.  I do think Chris himself has been deliberate in not tweeting or acknowledging Darren publicly in the the last couple of years.  I'm not sure when this started but it's noticeable to me.   He's responded directly or indirectly to most of his other Glee costars, (such as retweeting/or liking a photo Chord instagrammed).  I know Darren sent a TBT message to Chris  for the Dalton photo they did a couple of months ago and Chris did not respond.  So on one side, if Darren knows Chris isn't going to respond, why bother? 

OTOH, Darren responded IIRC last year rather snarkily to a Klainer tweet that he congratulated Chris on his birthday personally, rather than tweet about it. 

My own hunch is that Chris has professional respect/good working relationship with Darren but nothing indicates that, as of now, they are particularly close outside of working hours.  Which again, is no huge deal since that probably covers 99 % of actors in series.  Where it becomes even more convoluted is that even Darren says Chris HATES how they pair them up in real life fiction, and the less said about the tin-hatters despicable public behavior, the better.  FWIW, I think Chris doesn't give a fuck and does what he wants, which is why I suspect they Chris/Darren are not particularly close.   It is odd for such a high profile couple on TV (or used to be) that Darren and Chris outside of a public shoot are never photographed together on the set anymore  or even joking around anymore. Hell they don't even do joint interviews anymore (other than those god awful Mia BTS Q and A's with Darren as host)   It's not horrible or tragic, but I do think for whatever reason it is there and a bit strange. Amber will tweet Darren sleeping or Chris will be shown in the background of an Amber photo, but you never a Darren/Chris tweet together.  Considering they spend more time on set with each other than anyone else, (other than Chris/Lea)  you would think the odds are we would get something, especially because neither are complete social media novices.

Since neither has ever publicly said something negative about the other, again, I'm giving them both the BOD.  Alot of people I've worked with I get along fine with them but the last thing I want to do is see them off hours in social settings, and there is nothing wrong with that.  It's not that I hate them.

I think the beginning of the end of the Chris/Darren interaction was really at Darren's birthday two years ago when Jesse Tyler Ferguson responded and created a huge flurry of tinhatters going crazy about how it was a sign that CC is on.  A flurry so huge that Jesse deleted the tweet the same evening (while Darren re-tweeted it and never removed it from his timeline).  I just think that situation started put some of the final nails in the coffin of public interaction because I really think that was one of the times when the tinhatters were on their worst behavior, and really bothering not just Chris and Darren, but also Jesse about it--and Jesse had reactions to them for months.

And this occurred weeks after Chris first started making public appearances with Will--starting to open up a bit of his personal life to his fans.  

If memory serves me correctly, it was Chris' birthday that same year that Darren scolded the fan who asked if why Darren hadn't wished Chris a happy birthday threw [sic] twitter, and Darren responded because he had done it THROUGH real life.

I really think that the biggest part of the reason why we don't see much interaction between Chris and Darren is because of the crazy fans.  Every interaction they have is proof that CC is on.  Every time they are in the same room together, the tinhatters make it sound like they only have eyes for each other.  

I know Chris is thick skinned (as is Will), and can ignore the tinhatters, but at the same time it has to get to him that people say such hateful and hurtful things about the man he loves.  I mean, Chris can't even post a picture of Will without people attacking both Chris and Will, and having the picture replaced with Darren's face.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris made a conscience decision to avoid interaction with Darren because why should he waste time giving those fans something when they are so hateful and hurtful towards Chris and Will?  Instead, he focuses on the things he knows his true fans (not the ones who just look at him as the lesser half of Klaine) are interested in.  

Darren, on the other hand, fed those fans for years, and did nothing to squash their behavior.  It wasn't until Chris was talking more publicly about Will that Darren started talking about Mia.  

Darren realizes full well that the tinhatters are really the majority of his fandom, and he must keep them on his good side. Chris, on the other hand, has a strong fanbase outside of the tinhatters, and he must realize that he is going to do just fine without them.

I'm sure that Chris and Darren do what they have to do on set and are cordial to each other.  I'm sure that at one point they were relatively close friends (back in season 2 and early season 3), but now they are probably just work friends.  I can't imagine will see much interaction between them after Glee is done.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/8/2015, 4:24 pm

I dont think theres bad blood. I think Chris' interactions have dwindled because he is just very aware of the rude and inappropriate fetishists/tinhattters that take any inch given and goes a mile and then some. And its funny that what these people dont get is that if they calmed down and just played it cool, the innocent and fun interactions frim earlier days may have continued.

Its a blessing in disguise that Darren didnt comment. Because it wouldve been this big headache that "CC is real", and Chris would get more harrasment if it went without reply, since he replied to Grant.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/8/2015, 4:43 pm

I'm sure that Chris and Darren do what they have to do on set and are cordial to each other.  I'm sure that at one point they were relatively close friends (back in season 2 and early season 3), but now they are probably just work friends.  I can't imagine will see much interaction between them after Glee is done.

I remember when Chris fly to NY for the dinner for the TIME 100 most influential back in 2010/11 ?  Darren was his +1 at his table.

FWIW, I do think Chris and the cast  were quite tight back in 2008-10, it was a heady experience  for young actors who were getting their first flush of genuine success and celebrity in a  breakout show;   but people grow/change/and it becomes more a business and the novelty wears off.  My own guess is that while most of them get along fine even now, on some level, they would probably all welcome a break from Glee and each other.  Heading off to new projects has to be the priority of most of them, even while winding down the clock on Glee these last weeks.

After a few years, who knows?  Without the pressure of the Glee work schedule and the inevitable dying down of the shippers/tinhatters (who will crawl off to new fandoms/actors) Chris might sit down for a drink with Darren or some of his other cast mates.  They'll all wax sentimental about their Glee times together.

Only time will tell who will keep in regular touch.  I do know time/distance  usually tempers any disagreements but neither do I think they are all going to bond forever outside of Glee.   Lea/Groff were close before Glee and will probably continue, but other than that, I can't think of any tight friendships on Glee these days that stick out.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/8/2015, 6:24 pm

From tumblr, lol:

@GLEEonFox’ tweet should’ve been “@chriscolfer: The People’s choice, NOT ours.”
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/8/2015, 7:14 pm

^ ain't that true! Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/8/2015, 11:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:From tumblr, lol:

@GLEEonFox’ tweet should’ve been “@chriscolfer: The People’s choice, NOT ours.”
x

Hahaha love it

@Buenos,I agree that time will say who cast members will keep in touch. I personally think will be those who are already close friends like Chris and Amber,Naya and Heather,also I guess she'll be still friends with Kevin.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2015, 3:04 pm

Kurt in NY:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Tumblr_n43pw5ws211rab3tyo5_500

Kurt in Lima can't even catch a ball thrown to him.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2015, 6:26 pm

^I noticed that too. It seems that all the progress Kurt has made/makes in New York gets erased and forgotten once he's back in Lima. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2015, 8:39 pm

What amuses me a lot is that right up untill Blainofsky was spoiled the Klainers (excuse me...some of the rabid Klainers who are still left) kept telling everybody who liked Kurt and Karofsky's friendship, and especially the Kurtofsky shippers, that Dave was an unredeemable, devilish bully, that even though Kurt forgave him he could never forget, and that any relationship between Kurt and Dave would be awful, etc. (just for the record: personally I'm also against a romantic Kurtofsky, and have serious doubts about a Kurtofsky friendship, but in canon Dave turned his live around and became a better person).

These Klainers ranted about that terrible bully Karofsky forever, and came to Kurtofsky shippers' blogs with anonomous hate, calling everyone who even mentioned Kurtofsky awful names, and never stopped saying how evil Karofsky was and how he threatened Kurt's life.

But now that Blaine is dating Dave, and rightfully a lot of Kurtsies (and other Glee fans and even media) are angry about that because of the extra pain and upset this causes Kurt, NOW suddenly these same Klainers (after the initial shock of the Blainofsky spoiler wore off and they're stuck with their fave dating Kurt's ex-bully) are all like:
"Some people will never forgive poor Dave, but he was sorry and is fully redeemed on the show and he's a good guy now", of course immediately followed by "Blaine is doing nothing wrong, Kurt shouldn't be so uptight about him dating Dave".

And sure enough: NOW suddenly they call him Dave instead of Karofsky. Rolling Eyes

Can I say "hypocrites"? Mad

Also: to them it will be better if it turns out that Blaine is only using Dave to make Kurt jealous than if he and Dave really turn out to be a couple (and having SEX!!!!!!).
Speaking of sex: some of them stick their heads so firmly in the sand that they think that even though Blainofsky move in together and share the same bed they won't have sex. Shocked
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/16/2015, 3:02 am

For first I thought Blaine paraded Karofsky around Kurt to hurt him, but because Darren's weird acting choices (I call them choices to amuse myself) I'm no longer sure. And not giving a lot of time for Karofsky and Max especially to act them out, I'm still puzzled.

As much as I would never really see Kurt showing any romantic intetrest to Dave, I could imagine the writers making Dave also use Blaine to get Kurt. In some sad 'I'll show him that I've changed' kinda way. Because of, well the writers, I really cannot see Dave liking Blaine anymore than he did before.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2015, 4:19 am

If Lea is meant to be Chris's friend than why are different ones saying it is Lea trying not laugh when Santana is humiliating Chris.

Are they saying she is laughing about his looks, his likes?

But then I think not, because she has always complimented Chris and had a crush on him while they were filming the first season. So, I don't think it is that.

Maybe it is just the [url=#]deliveryKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Arrow-10x10[/url] or something humorous happened before filming the scene?

Is this Brad's way of getting back at Chris for having more success than Lea?

Chris has a hard [url=#]skinKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Arrow-10x10[/url] as we can see as he just blocks the CrissColfer tinhatters now.

A lot fans are protective of Chris, but you have to be tough and put up with lots of crap to survive in Hollywood. I can see Chris not being happy when he read the script, but I don't see him sitting in his trailer to cry about it.

Decorating his trailer with everything Grumpy Cat is probably his way of expressing his feelings.

During his [url=#]videoKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Arrow-10x10[/url] with Brian and Cooper, he still wore a tight t-shirt and jeans, so in no way is he ashamed of his body. So, I  very much doubt if he is ashamed of his looks.

The lack of Chris on [url=#]social mediaKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 15 Arrow-10x10[/url] is probably him trying to finish TLOS4.

I think the only people Chris knows will be hurting are the fans that were inspired by Kurt, who helped them to come out, who helped them so much when life was hard for them, just saw him tore apart in such a cruel way. He would hurt for them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/18/2015, 7:04 am

^ That is one thing RIB continually forget. Kurt remains a role-model to those who don't "fit" into group norms. To show that it is acceptable to have someone lay down a lengthy verbal diatribe, to have said person accept it without interjection, and then non-verbally accept that person back into their lives without also showing a verbal apology (even if mutual) is unacceptable. Abuse is abuse. Kurt voices an unwelcome opinion at an inappropriate moment. Santana delivered a viperous, mean-spirited abusive attack. Kurt later apologizes to Brittney. He used words, just like his unwelcome statement. Santana, because she is Santana, and "keeps it real" is allowed to be abusive (and manipulative) without apology. A song and a touch is supposedly the resolution of their conflict. Much different than her attack.

Glee is a show without consequences. People are mean, cruel, bitchy, two-timers, and we are supposed to take it all entertainment. I think "Because it's Glee" might become part of entertainment lexicon over the years, because that is their only explanation for some of the things they do.

To think a show that started out about underdogs, and used the abuse they received to underline their disenfranchisement has devolved into where they abuse each other more than others hurt them. Outside of Sue, that is.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 1/18/2015, 8:57 am

I think a part of the vitriol is jealousy over Chris' popularity and his status as a role model. To me the message to Chris in the Santana rant was donot dare think tha you are some important icon for gay rights or persons and then they listed why in the rant which focused on attributes associated with Chris personally. Because the truth is they have done everything to attack Chris' popularity and model status but he remains popular and this is where they miss the point.

To follow from Divalicious' point. Chris is not popular becase he is a gay icon. He is popular because he is the personification of a misfit who has demonstrated that there is beauty in being different.

So hate on him, throw the kitchen sink and every sink at him. It does not change the fact that he is beautiful inside and out.

That is why he is the People's Choice.
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2015, 10:40 am

^Well said, @lilypaperclips. iagree

From the 6x03 episode thread:
angelnessa wrote:I'm taking a Tumblr break for a while. I follow all the right people, but it's still too depressing/infuriating there right now. The number of people there whose resentment for Kurt, and even Chris, was just waiting for a release staggers me, and I can't deal with the negativity. I don't remember it being this bad in the fandom since the first season, and the Kurt-crushing-on-Finn fiasco.
The Glee fandom can be hypocrites, especially on tumblr. They're all shouting and reblogging about social injustice, feminism, racism, and LGBTQIA+ rights, but something vicious like this pops up and they show their true colors and hidden homophobia/effemiphobia.

And clearly there's a lot of jealousy, as Chris simply is popular and succesful where others are not. The ironic (and despicable) thing in this is that it's not just the fans of other actors/characters being jealous, but the writers/producers as well.
So these grown-up men throw a hissy fit and bully a young actor publicly, deliberately riling up the fandoms in the process (by making Santana/Naya deliver that rant after they had Kurt interrupt the Brittana proposal). Mission accomplished.

But Kurt is strong, and so is Chris. He is still loved and respected by many, although we may not see that right now with all the reblogging of that rant on tumblr. Frankly, this is just taking out the bad apples, seperating the weeds from the vegetables, the hypocrites from his true fans.
Chris has won that PCA 3 years in a row after all, and the people in the industry not called RIB appreciate him and want to work with him. He's got multiple projects coming up, movies, books, scripts, and God knows what else he's got up his sleeve. He's succesful and popular not in just 1 field, acting, but 2, his writing (and that's why imo the rant from Brad Falchuk comes from). He'll do fine.
And wouldn't it be great if some day people will spill about what really happened BTS of Glee, and how that would expose Ryan and Brad for all the crap they pulled?

BTW: the Backlot wrote a review glorifying Santana's rant, saying Kurt 'deserved it' (typical), but I'm pleasantly surprised by the many comments under that review calling the reviewer out on their effemiphobia, and there are multiple people defending Kurt and Chris while calling out the Santana rant, with many 'likes' for those comments.
With so many people in the fandom celebrating and agreeing with Santana, from corners in the fandom I hadn't expected to be so hateful towards Kurt/Chris, it's nice to see some support for him on a site that's known for their dislike of Kurt/Chris, if only that support is from its readers/members and not their reporter.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/18/2015, 11:02 am

Yeah, I'm not worried about Chris so much. He's weathered stuff like this before. It's just the negativity and absolute hypocrisy that gets me down. Some days I can weather it, right now it's tough. I'll stay here for a while where it's safe fanny2 .

That's surprising about The Backlot commenters. They are usually among the first to jump into any Kurt/Chris bashing opportunity. I'm glad he has defenders there. That rant should have offended most of their readers, but the amount of homophobia and effeminophobia I've seen on that site has shocked me in the past.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/18/2015, 11:33 am

What I found was especially disgusting were some of the comments cheering how a woman of color stuck it to the gay white boy. As if this was some kind of great achievement for a Hispanic character to be so vicious towards another persecuted minority.

Yeah... this definitely brought out an ugly side of the fandom that I haven't seen since the Theatricality basement scene fiasco.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/18/2015, 11:53 am

^Well, the show also likes to show how progressive they are with a Down's character, by having her been an unredeeming bitch. It does seem, on Glee at least, that all females are one of three things, over-the-top, bitches, or bitches in training. Tina gets a category all her own for being the forgotten one.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/18/2015, 12:53 pm

Honestly, part of me thinks that RIB purposely does this kind of stuff just to see the fandom explore. They are sadistic bastards who love the craziness that goes on in the fandom. They love playing with ours minds, and enjoy the infighting.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/18/2015, 1:43 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Honestly, part of me thinks that RIB purposely does this kind of stuff just to see the fandom explore.  They are sadistic bastards who love the craziness that goes on in the fandom.  They love playing with ours minds, and enjoy the infighting.

I think they realize they probably won't get another fandom again like they had with Glee.  So it's the last gasp of having "fun" with fan reactions.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/18/2015, 7:40 pm

Buenos wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Honestly, part of me thinks that RIB purposely does this kind of stuff just to see the fandom explore.  They are sadistic bastards who love the craziness that goes on in the fandom.  They love playing with ours minds, and enjoy the infighting.

I think they realize they probably won't get another fandom again like they had with Glee.  So it's the last gasp of having "fun" with fan reactions.

Yup, the Glee fandom is probably the most passionate one they'll have in a long while. You don't see this kind of reaction from AHS fans, even though the show does deliver in ratings. They just antagonize their fans too much which turns us off from watching, so the joke's on them in the end.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/20/2015, 12:14 am

The video with Santana attacking Kurt has over 90,000 notes that has upset a lot of Kurt/Chris stans.

But these people do not know Chris or Kurt or even watch Glee and are just rejoicing that a WOC of colour is attacking a white gay male. :angry: 

They are using this to throw homophobic slurs and hate at Chris. That is why I don't like SJW's.

They can see Santana is talking about Brittney, another female, but it is because he is white that they are really attacking and of course male, which is their excuse to be allowed to be homophobic, which is what they are and hypocrites. 

Tumblr can be so poisonous sometimes.

But then anything can get notes on that website.

Sometimes the most mundane of posts can get close to 500,000 notes.

Attacking Chris is a trend that will die down thankfully.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/20/2015, 1:50 am

dryy I don't get some people, so isn't bad that Santana is attacking Kurt only because she's an hispanic woman and he's a white gay male? WHAT? You know, I'm for women rights, and also latinos, as I'm latina myself,but doesn't mean I will justify situations like the one of Kurt and Santana, only because I'm part of a group.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/20/2015, 4:09 am

Chris is a feminist, so they are attacking someone who supports women's rights.

His female characters that he writes are the kind of female characters they have been shouting about wanting to see.

They fit the Bechmel test they keep harping on about, that I agree with to some degree. Not when one group want what they want but dismiss others that want something else. That they only want their group represented is what I see all the time, which is downright annoying.

Chris does not act like an ally, he just supports what he probably has always believed, that everyone should be equal and that labels should be no longer labels to define a person.

In his third TLOS book he had a character that was Japanese. He did not write Asian, so he obviously is not a racist. He calls Amber his sister, so that is more proof. Whoopie is one of his hero's and friends, he looks up to. He is friends with Alex Newell.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/20/2015, 7:26 am

The ironic part of reblogging that post is that that whole rant had NOTHING to do with Kurt being a white gay male nor Santana a Latina female.

Tumblr has disappointed me, those so-called SJW's, who use their social justice preaching often to attack and bully others who are not in their group of 'warriors'.

A lot of people in the Glee fandom have disappointed me too. The Brittana fans, who were oh so much on the Kurtsies' side whenever there was a battle to be fought between Klaine and Brittana and they wanted our support.
That there are many Klainers who gloatingly are reblogging what Santana said to Kurt is not a disappointed, because I expected that from them: they are never in Kurt's corner. And some Klainers who are mad at Santana seem to be only stirring up the fight by advocating for bullying Naya and/or her fans.

But there are also some people in the Glee fandom I've always gotten along with well, who are now telling Kurtsies, telling me directly, that we're overreacting, reading too much into it, and who are saying that insulting the actors' looks isn't new for RIB (which is true) so why would this time be different? Well, it's different because it was clearly extra vicious, aimed at Chris, and just because similar stuff like this happened before on the show that doesn't mean we can't be upset about it now.
They're also saying that if it had been anyone else but Kurt/Chris we wouldn't be angry, which I think is not true, as we have talked about these things before when it happened to e.g. Cory, Lea, Jenna, Dianna, and even Naya (with the Ariana Grandé song).

I've lost some chat-buddies over this, and maybe even stop posting on a forum I sometimes used to go to (not GF btw, I stopped posting there a long time ago).
And I'm not so much sad that I won't be talking to these chat-buddies anymore (good riddance, as they can't be trusted when they clearly condone gay bullying) but I'm sad that a stupid tv show scene (which I think was deliberately meant to set up the fandoms against one another) showed their true colors, when they should know by now what awful trolls RIB are and that the Kurtsies' upset/anger is therefore not aimed at Santana, Naya or Brittany, but only at the writers, especially Brad.
I simply expected more from these 'friends'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 41  Next