Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Buenos 12/7/2014, 12:56 pm

-ETA-
I bolded and made my name red in Buenos quote, since she cowardly went back and changed it to "one" and also edited some offensive parts out of that same post after I called her out on it. I'll make sure to copy and quote her entire post the next time, so she can't change stuff afterwards anymore and pretend it never happened.
And LMAO: she's very quick to apologize to @Ranwing for the harsh words that were clearly meant for me, but no apology to me for the misquote. Which is quite telling on what really went down before she tried to cover up her tracks.

LOL, I edited your name out because indeed it was Ranwing that made that statement but nice try in accusing me of changing the post. I subsequently apologized to Ranwing if I offended her with my statement. I do stand by my opinion per the motivation of Darren for participating in a worthwhile cause like Trevor Live. I give credit to those who take the time and effort to support such a cause.

As to Chris, if and when he chooses to sing live, it will be his choice. Being a fan of his fan , IMO it does him no service for some to paint him as the eternal victim of outside forces of HW 24/7, as you seem to do. However nobody is stopping you despite your protestations. Shocked If you wish to do so you are certainly free to do so, and I am certainly free to disagree with your opinions and say so publicly. Anonymous tumblr people can be agreed or disagreed with here also last time I read, and never realized what they post anonymously is gospel truth. Shocked Unfortunatley it can't be "edited" out to make it a fact for those who use tumblr quotes as "evidence". coool

It's all a moot point because Chris will be singing in Noel Coward.

Dianna Agron singing live in a USO tour does show any Glee actor can sing live if and when they truly want to. It's whether they want to that is the key, which is the common sense i was putting forth.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Ranwing 12/7/2014, 2:13 pm

Buenos - you are entitled to your opinions and viewpoints. What I'm tired of is your habit of being dismissive of the views of others and your habit of picking fights with other posters. It's getting tiresome, and you don't validate your arguments by trying to invalidate the opinions of others.

As a bisexual woman, I'm frankly tired of having this parade of straight allies at events like Trevor Live over having prominent LGBTQ people featured. Allies are great, but Darren isn't exactly being a risk taker by playing a gay character (and I find that his off-screen behavior is very problematic). Why he should be given featured performance spots in place of a gay performer for three years now is past the point of being justified. Darren is not an A-list star. He's not a Grammy winning recording artist, or an award winning actor. There are plenty of other performers that support this cause that would be far more appropriate for a show like this. Especially given that Darren has been the one artist asked to perform for several years in a row.

Chris has been a vocal and dedicated advocate for LGBTQ. Besides being an out gay actor literally from the start of his career (which is a lot riskier to his career prospects than just playing a gay character), he had been a dedicated supporter of The Trevor Foundation and the It Gets Better campaign. His speech at his Golden Globe win is a clear reminder of just how seriously he takes his role as a role model, and that this cause is very near and dear to his heart. He's also been a supporter of Elton John's AIDS charity foundation and is a founding member of Uprising Of Love. His work for LGBTQ causes is well known. Yet he is often given minimal roles to play in events like Trevor Live. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's also no denying the fact that last year, Chris was listed as a performer until shortly before the event, when he was downlisted to an "appearing" role.

And it's not hard to draw conclusions when Darren's management team has a large role in the staging of this event that Darren is going to be featured regardless of what other artists might offer to participate. There is some rather unsavory favoritism going on BTS (much in the way that Darren gets featured so heavily in the Glee BTS promotions because his girlfriend is in charge of them). Perhaps next year, once Darren loses what little relevance he has after Glee goes off the air someone will realize that the benefit might be better served by performers that have real ties to the community and the cause.

Last edited by Ranwing on 12/7/2014, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/7/2014, 5:09 pm

Buenos wrote:
-ETA-
I bolded and made my name red in Buenos quote, since she cowardly went back and changed it to "one" and also edited some offensive parts out of that same post after I called her out on it. I'll make sure to copy and quote her entire post the next time, so she can't change stuff afterwards anymore and pretend it never happened.
And LMAO: she's very quick to apologize to @Ranwing for the harsh words that were clearly meant for me, but no apology to me for the misquote. Which is quite telling on what really went down before she tried to cover up her tracks.

LOL, I  edited your name out because indeed it was Ranwing that made that statement but nice try in accusing me of changing the post.  I subsequently apologized to Ranwing if I offended her with my statement.  I do stand by my opinion  per the motivation of Darren for participating in a worthwhile cause like Trevor Live.  I give credit to those who take the time and effort to support such a cause.

As to Chris, if and when he chooses to sing live, it will be his choice.   Being a fan of his fan , IMO it does him no service for some to paint him as the  eternal victim of outside forces of HW 24/7, as you seem to do.  However nobody is stopping you despite your protestations.  Shocked   If you wish to do so you are certainly free to do so, and I am certainly free to disagree with your opinions  and say so publicly.  Anonymous tumblr people can be  agreed or disagreed with here also last time I read, and never realized what they post anonymously is gospel truth.  Shocked   Unfortunatley  it  can't be "edited" out to make it a fact for those who use tumblr quotes as "evidence".  coool

It's all a moot point because Chris will be singing in Noel Coward.

Dianna Agron singing live in a USO tour does show any Glee actor can sing live if and when they truly want to.  It's whether they want to that is the key, which is the common sense i was putting forth.
With all your fancy words about you simply disagreeing with me and everyone here being allowed to express their opinion equally, it doesn’t change the fact that you often deliberately try to belittle, invalidate and ridicule other posters’ opinions whenever they do not agree with you, and even attack them personally instead of sticking to discussing the issue at hand, like telling them they’ve "misunderstood", are just "bitter" or heavily suggesting they are e.g. naive, overreacting or "reading hearts and minds".

In ^this post alone (which I made sure to copy and quote in its entirity this time, because yes, you did alter that other post. And really: if you don't want others to think you didn't change anything you shouldn't have silently changed my name to "one" after I called you out on it and then not immediately rectify that mistake more properly, especially since your original post is still visible as quoted by me) you say stuff like:
(putting this behind spoiler bars because it is long and I don't want to derail this thread too much)
Spoiler:

Maybe next time when you “simply disagree” you might want to stick to discussing the issue at hand, and not attack the poster you disagree with or in other ways try to dismiss or ridicule their opinion, which is in all fairness no more right or wrong than your own. It’s disrespectful, doesn’t add to the discussion at hand, creates a negative and agressive atmosphere, and tbh: it also makes you seem petty and it even tends to weaken your own opinion if you can't state it without needing to invalidate an opposite opinion or poster in the process.
This is not the first time you’ve been doing this, and not only on this forum. Next time you personally attack a poster or ridicules their opinion, don't be surprised if I report you.

Anyway, we'll find out in a few hours what role Chris gets in this years' Trevor Live. Maybe they've finally learned from their mistakes, but I doubt it.

-ETA-
Ranwing wrote:Buenos - you are entitled to your opinions and viewpoints. What I'm tired of is your habit of being dismissive of the views of others and your habit of picking fights with other posters. It's getting tiresome, and you don't validate your arguments by trying to invalidate the opinions of others.
Or lol, banzai ^this, only said with much, a-lot-of-much lesser words. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/7/2014, 8:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
With all your fancy words about you simply disagreeing with me and everyone here being allowed to express their opinion equally, it doesn’t change the fact that you often deliberately try to belittle, invalidate and ridicule other posters’ opinions whenever they do not agree with you, and even attack them personally instead of sticking to discussing the issue at hand, like telling them they’ve "misunderstood", are just "bitter" or heavily suggesting they are e.g. naive, overreacting or "reading hearts and minds".

In ^this post alone (which I made sure to copy and quote in its entirety this time, because yes, you did alter that other post. And really: if you don't want others to think you didn't change anything you shouldn't have silently changed my name to "one" after I called you out on it and then not immediately rectify that mistake more properly, especially since your original post is still visible as quoted by me) you say stuff like:
(putting this behind spoiler bars because it is long and I don't want to derail this thread too much)
Spoiler:

Maybe next time when you “simply disagree” you might want to stick to discussing the issue at hand, and not attack the poster you disagree with or in other ways try to dismiss or ridicule their opinion, which is in all fairness no more right or wrong than your own. It’s disrespectful, doesn’t add to the discussion at hand, creates a negative and agressive atmosphere, and tbh: it also makes you seem petty and it even tends to weaken your own opinion if you can't state it without needing to invalidate an opposite opinion or poster in the process.
This is not the first time you’ve been doing this, and not only on this forum. Next time you personally attack a poster or ridicules their opinion, don't be surprised if I report you.

Anyway, we'll find out in a few hours what role Chris gets in this years' Trevor Live. Maybe they've finally learned from their mistakes, but I doubt it.

-ETA-
Ranwing wrote:Buenos - you are entitled to your opinions and viewpoints. What I'm tired of is your habit of being dismissive of the views of others and your habit of picking fights with other posters. It's getting tiresome, and you don't validate your arguments by trying to invalidate the opinions of others.
Or lol, banzai ^this, only said with much, a-lot-of-much lesser words. Smile

I learned a long time ago that the scroll bar is my friend. For me personally, it's easier just to slide by the contentious/belittling posters and read the posters who like discussion and interactions. Much like I learned to watch only Kurt edits rather than exposing myself to the trainwreck show called Glee.

Last edited by bayth on 12/7/2014, 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/7/2014, 8:17 pm

ding dong the witch is alive!

... nothing. just watching you girls fight ... it's sunday you know.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/7/2014, 8:17 pm

neutre

Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/7/2014, 8:18 pm

I can call myself a part of the lgbt+ community, something I have realised for such a long time, being that I am asexual - hetroromantic as well.

Guess this it me coming out, as I just came out to my friends just last week. neutre

It has been something I have known since I was twelve, but I could not put a name to it.

And I do not want Darren as an ally anymore. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I do not believe his sincerity, when he jokes about gay sex.

Lea is who I would like to have seen at this event, as she has never used anything to do with the lgbt+ to benefit her in anyway. But I think she doesn't as she knows who should be there; performers from the lgbt+ Hollywood community.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/8/2014, 12:53 am

Chris wasn't at Trevor Live, Adam Shankman apparently said he was on location.

But it became the Darren show, so I haven't missed anything. koolaid beam vomir

Last edited by ColferInspired on 12/8/2014, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/8/2014, 1:16 am

brisallie wrote:Just found on twitter Chris wasn't at the event...WHAT? I was expecting to see him,and besides he has never missed this. Need some explanation please.

Apparently he is has be on location tomorrow and he has to be up at 5 am to start filming.

But like I said it was the Darren show, so he didn't miss anything or any of us. vomir
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 12 Empty Of scrollers, reporters and the truth police...culture change a must

Post  quietbelle 12/8/2014, 9:37 am

The sharing of knowledge for the purpose of correction is always without exception for the purpose of education, edification and illumination. Never for the purpose of humiliating the person corrected or for the purpose of glorifying the person who did the correcting.

With all due respect to reporting. It is of no use if the reported behaviour is not seen by the Administrators and Moderators as incorrect behaviour. It is a matter for discussion that ought to be raised to debate whether the reported behaviour ought to be considered offensive and worthy of censure.

Scrolling down past offensive posters, with all due respect, can only take you so far. Particularly when such a poster has supporters who populate the Board with their waves of support and simultaneously drowning out those who find that poster offensive and are seeking to be heard.

It is also noted that scrolling and avoiding are used to avoid conflict and only pay attention to those who are here to discuss and have fun and to celebrate the wonderful, multitalented, multifaceted star, Chris Colfer. This brings me to my next point which is the level of participation on this Board. There are 200 plus members of this Community. Yet only a tiny fraction of that number participated. It is even observed that threads were created to welcome and encourage participation of both new persons and persons who come to read but may for whatever reason don't participate in discussions. Laudable intention. Yet that is intention was soured by the participation of senior posters who came to state that the thread was established for "lurkers". Lurkers, according to this Board are persons who come withthe express purpose of making trouble. Contrary to those senior posters' belief, most come here for fun and to discuss their love for Chris and want to participate.

Can you participate on a Board with senior posters who have elected themselves as the truth police seeking to belittle the genuine opinion of others. Can you expect new persons to feel welcome in such an atmosphere. It gets to the level of otherworldly if you mention a particular character or actor who shall not be named, the mention of which may have been incidental depending on the topic, not because the poster is a fan of said character or actor.

Now, if this Board is only for the participation of the senior posters on the level of inner grandma or Bruce. Fine, no sweat. But may if it's meant for everyone, then the culture of this Board MUST change.

Belle
quietbelle
quietbelle
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/8/2014, 10:06 am

ColferInspired wrote:I can call myself a part of the lgbt+ community, something I have realised for such a long time, being that I am asexual - hetroromantic as well.

Guess this it me coming out, as I just came out to my friends just last week. neutre

It has been something I have known since I was twelve, but I could not put a name to it.
Thanks for sharing, and how great of you that you were comfortable enough with your friends to come out to them. bisou

angelnessa wrote:He and Amber apparently have to be on the set very early in the morning, around 5:00, so he's hopefully home sleeping. I wanted to get a pic of him too, but since he had no other part to play at Trevor Live other than just being there, I hope he'll be well rested for work neutre .
^This basically. Whether the early call for Glee is a convenient excuse or not I'm glad he didn't have to be there just to sway in the background, if he would have been allowed on stage at all, that is.
With him and Amber so easily being able to cancel Trevor Live (and there are even people saying that Adam Shankman announced that Chris would be there without him even knowing that to be true, can't verify that though) one wonders if Chris was scheduled to be a part of the show at all, or if he just planned to attend to support the cause, walk the red carpet to add some celebrity fame to the event, and then was expected to do nothing else but sit in the audience, cheering for the straight allies on stage.  Rolling Eyes

I'm a bit bummed we didn't get a new red carpet picture of Chris of course, but reading the tinhatters' cries and PR conspiracy theories on tumblr and twitter why "crisscolfer is not allowed to be together by evil PR" make up for that a bit. tonguue

Btw: I thought today (monday) was the filming of
Spoiler:
, so wouldn't Darren have to be on the location set at 5.45AM as well?
With Chris and Amber making sure they got a good night's rest to be on their A-game today and therefore didn't attend Trevor Live, one worries if Darren's acting performance might suffer negatively as he must be tired after last night (not that his acting is a lot to write home about when he's wide awake, lol).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 12/8/2014, 4:04 pm

Well, I'm unsure who the truth police etc are meant to be. However, I will say that, tbh, as a mainly lurking fan here, the present board culture is not exactly encouraging me to actively post again. Whether all out 'having a go' or snide comments, there is constant unpleasantness. It is unedifying and nothing about the subject of this forum. I would urge all posters to get back to appreciating Chris in posts and email the mods. It is for them to read and caution posters... when their attention is drawn to matters. They can't do that if people, rather than letting them know of problems, resort to policing the posts themselves OR snide put downs or both.

I will be PMing a mod myself and I would say that everyone else who has a problem should do the same... But not have a slanging match via posts. And I know, in a way, I am also contributing to that here, but it will be the last time and is a plea for using the mod system in place.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  quietbelle 12/8/2014, 4:22 pm

^@ Georgette888, appreciated your input and honesty. I also agree with your appeal to all posters.
quietbelle
quietbelle
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/8/2014, 5:32 pm

Those of us who've been posting here for a long time (and I just made Inner Grandma - sweet!) have to remember that this isn't a private club. Yes, we can snark and complain, but we need to keep this a welcome and open place for everyone who loves Chris to feel comfortable and that means respecting the opinions of others. We don't have to agree about everything. I can't stand Darren or Blaine and I've lost a lot of my fondness for Rachel and Lea, but those who like those characters are more than entitled to their feelings. We can discuss and debate (and the last thing I would ever want to see is people shy away form offering their opinions), but we need to keep the arguing under control. It's one thing to get a spirited debate going, but it's another when people are made to feel like they cannot offer their thoughts without being attacked.

The mods are here and I appreciate that for the most part they don't jump in every time things get a bit heated (we're not TWOP after all).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/8/2014, 7:14 pm

One of the main reasons why we moved to this board was that we were moderated too much in the place where those of us who started this all came from, and to most there the heavy mod meddling we experienced felt very uncomfortable, stifling, belittling and even childish.
From the beginning of this forum it was based on equality for all here, with mods mostly only interfering when outside people wanted to mess with us, while the instances when they needed to step in for inside quarrels were very few, which I really appreciate. It's still something I like the most of this board: that for the most part it moderates itself.

I agree that discussions should be respectful and stay more on the issues involving the appreciation of Chris and his projects. But unfortunately that's not always the case, and tbh I don't feel comfortable with running to a mod whenever something comes up that directly concerns me, when I'm well capable enough to handle it myself (up to a certain degree of course), nor with taking a dispute to PM's when things have already been posted in public that I find disrespectful to either me or someone else without them then being publicly rectified.
Of course, if the mods think things are going out of hand after a while I'm fine with them stepping in, but I think it's only fair to have posters try to solve these issues or call others out on stuff they have trouble with on their own first, instead of complaining to the mods at the first sign of trouble.
Only if disputes continu and/or escalate do I agree that the mods should interfere, and I'm thankful we have their loose but sturdy safety net around to keep things under control, but I do have a problem with not being allowed to defend or fend for myself first in an argument.

So the only concessions I'm willing to make in what started this all these past few days is promising to next time move things to the snark and bark thread as soon as the discussion veers away from the general subject and purpose of the thread we're in (I agree this particular dispute really should not have taken place in Chris' appreciation thread, so I am truly sorry for that), and to notify the mods when after a few attempts at solving things myself it's clearly not working (which would indeed have been my next step, as I mentioned in my last post on the subject).

Having said that, I do hope this forum will mostly have a welcoming and positive atmosphere, and I apologize if people felt uncomfortable with some of the stuff that has been said lately by me, although that doesn't mean imo there can't be (heated) discussions or valid complaining/criticism on this board, even reasonable or completely unreasonable snarking and barking in the proper thread.
I'm sure we all want a nice, pleasant place to post where all kinds of people are free and willing to contribute, but without it turning into a cheerleading smile-till-your-face-hurts critical mind dulling fansite.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/8/2014, 7:45 pm

I'm not going to deny that I've contributed to what some  have commented is a less than  positive environment with my own opinions and posting style.  For that I apologize.  Going forward, im going to state my positions and any disagreements beyond outlining differences in opinion would probably be best taken off the boards.

Not going to deny that the purpose of this board is ostensibly a fan appreciation forum FOR Chris Colfer and that should not be lost sight of.  It is about praising and appreciating Chris  Colfer and his wonderful work.  These disagreements which I have also participated in can dilute that message at times.  Disagreeing is not the issue but how we disagree, which obviously is a work in progress. The one thing I ask, I have a fairly thick skin but I can't respond to discussions from a closed off private board as some have alluded , that is separate from this board. In the past others said they preferred I don't talk about other boards here, so fair enough I've cut off those discussions, however if some want to PM me about differences outside the board and such disagreements they may do so.

Whatever frustrations and differences of opinion are present shouldn't overshadow that we all admire and wish to discuss primarily this actor/person in a positive light.

Last edited by Buenos on 12/8/2014, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/8/2014, 7:54 pm

I know everybody here is free to express their opinion,but lately most of stuff I've seen here is complaint. Isn't S&B for that?  And I'm sorry if I sound nasty or disrespectful,but probably it will be said we can say whatever we want in any thread,I got that. But I insist that seems we're notbhere to appreciate Chris but complaint about other people.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/8/2014, 10:04 pm

i personally feel indifferent what people say. if i don't like something i will skip it. in fact i skip a lot of posts now a days. i try to focus on the good. vent occasionally. this not only keeps me sane but prevent me from spending too much of my time and energy in the cyber world. the real world has more pressing matters.

i hope everybody calm down and relax. enjoy what you can. ignore what you can't. after all, this world is fulled w/ ideas and opinions that disagree w/ me. that's my personal moto.

peace!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/9/2014, 11:36 am

Here’s a thought:

Instead of  asking some of the most frequent posters and contributers on this forum to dial down their negativity (and just to be clear: I’m talking mainly about critical comments and e.g. dissatisfaction with Glee spoilers and the way Fox PR is operating with clear favoritism going on in the proper threads, not talking about the occasional bickering, which I agree should be limited or taken to the snark& bark asap) why don’t those of you who dont contribute much now because they don’t like to see negativity “all the time” do something themselves to make this forum a little lighter and brighter?
If you want more positivity on this forum, and more posts you would like to read instead of scrolling past what is posted now, then what’s stopping you from initiating some of that yourself, in the hope it catches on and others follow? Put some effort in: post positive posts, look in the tumblr tags for cute gifsets, nice pics, fanart, or write about your own feelings about Chris. Noone is stopping you from doing that, and I’m sure everyone here will appreciate it.

We had this same discussion several times on the KHAT over on GF, especially in season 3 when Kurt was being kicked in the gut all the time and we also constantly butted heads with Klainers who didn’t appreciate us not liking Blaine as Kurt’s boyfriend anymore. So naturally there was a lot of negativity being posted back then, in both the Appreciation Thread and the Spoiler thread, and some posters complained about it then too. The answer then was the same I´m suggesting now: start posting more positive comments yourself to counterbalance the negative stuff you don't like and to lighten the mood. But then almost nobody did that.

There are only at the most a dozen (if not less) members here who post very frequently, a few of them almost on a daily basis, and sure: therefore they sort of set the tone on this forum, of which I can understand when some others find that not to be their cup of tea. But these frequent posters are usually also the ones who take the time to roam the internet and post anything new or newsworthy from Chris and his projects, who read spoiler threads and spoiler sites to bring spoilers here asap, who copy and paste articles, who make new threads for a new project or an event, and who take the effort to copy pics, gifs, videos and fan accounts whenever there e.g. is a book tour.

And I will tell you this: copying an article directly from its site can be a real pain in the ass, with the different fonts that mess things up, and many pics and links on a page one has to edit out. Same with copying a gifset of 8-10 gifs: it's not pleasant work, as each gif needs to be copied and correctly placed seperately from another site, and a link needs to be added. Same when e.g. Chris is on a twitter spree and each tweet must be copied and pasted.
There have been many mornings (European time-zone) when I e.g. saw a new tweet from or about Chris on CCN, or an article on tumblr, but couldn’t post it here right away because I was at work, and then several hours later noone else still had taken the trouble to post it instead of me (excluding those who do but sometimes live in a different timezone and are therefore asleep at the time). Same with the many cute gifsets or pics fans make on other sites that would certainly bring some positivity to this forum if one would actually put forth the effort to copy and paste them and post them here.

This is not an entertainment site which needs many hits to survive (and therefore they cater to the most common demeanor and what they think their costumers like best), and the most frequent posters here who also bring most of the spoilers, tweets, articles, and videos some of you come here for to catch up on, are not its editors having their livelihoods depend on the popularity or contents of their posts, so they don't have to cater to anyone's wishes here: their only restriction is to not bash Chris and properly worship him (which isn't hard to do).
You are not a passive reader here, or at least you don’t have to be. When you’re a member of this forum who doesn’t like what this forum offers you, or if you want more cutesy things of Chris to flail over instead (and lbr: there are many cutesy things of Chris to flail over), you either have the choice to #1) accept what's offered to you and scroll past things you don't like, #2) not come here much anymore and find other sites where they will cater better to your needs without yourself having to lift a finger, or #3) step up the plate and help shape and change this board into something more to your personal liking.

Imo you can’t just sit back most of the time and then come in to criticize what others take the trouble of posting regularly to keep this forum active and up to date, when you don’t post much yourself. And I don't mean you have to join the discussions you dislike so much, but simply post something, anything.
I can definitely understand how some members don’t want (or don’t dare) to jump into a heated discussion, or how they wished there was more positive news instead of more negative (usually Glee related) stuff that other people come here to criticize, complain and snark about, and I’m certainly not asking you to do anything you’re not comfortable with.
But noone is going to bark at you if you post a beautiful pic or if you make your own post on e.g. the positive things Glee still brings you (if only pretty Chris on your screen). On the contrary: it will be appreciated. So post!

It seems a bit unfair to me to have a problem with e.g. a supposed negative atmosphere on this board when you hardly ever take the time and effort yourself to contribute (positive) things, or post your own, possibly more optimistic opinions.
In other words: if you don’t like the dishes served to you then get your butt to the kitchen and start cooking yourself. mrgreen

If you don’t know how to copy gifs or pics, or if there’s any other technical difficulty that stops you from posting: there are enough people here willing to help and teach you, just ask.
And if you dare to take it even a step further: as far as I know noone ever refused a request to continu a rather sharp discussion or maybe too bitter rant in the snark & bark thread. And if you’re not up to confront them yourself then contact the mods and ask them to do it for you.

Things you can contribute to this forum without fear of getting your head bitten off that will definitely be appreciated by everyone:
- Scroll through the Chris Colfer and/or Kurt Hummel thread on tumblr and copy and paste beautiful or funny gifsets or pics. If you properly link the person who posted it there they usually won’t mind their work being spread. The last time someone posted something in the Kurt Hummel Appreciation thread here who isn't one of those frequent posters was about half a year ago!
- Go look on CCN regularly and bring any news, tweets or instagrams they just posted here to share it with the other members; don’t wait till someone else does it for you because you simply can’t be bothered.
- If you read trustworthy spoilers on other sites bring them here to discuss. If you don’t want to be involved in the discussion that ensues, then just post the spoiler without your own comment.
- Contribute to and post your own opinion on old threads like ‘Prop 8’, the Golden Globe win, or ‘Classic Movie Actors’.
- Tell another member how you like their last post and the effort they put in.
- Go to the SBL threads on tumblr and copy some gifsets (really: people still make new ones all the time) for everyone to enjoy here, and there are also sometimes new (and rather surprised, lol) reviews on the SBL book and/or movie from non-fans that get posted in the Chris Colfer thread on tumblr, which can be collected here.
- Post some lovely fanart of the TloS books, either your own or also found in the TloS threads on tumblr.
- Write your own review on one of Chris’ books or SBL, or even on a Kurt song (hey, I’d love to discuss that with you).
- Make your own posts of how you appreciate Chris and what he means to you.
- Contribute a song you like to the “Songs you want Glee to sing” thread.
- Create new threads, like a Kurt Hummel ships AU gifs thread, or a Carson Appreciation thread.
- Make a post about an old interview you recently saw again (and try to find the video on youtube).
- Start a poll on…..anything you wonder about which involves Chris.
- Create or contribute to a Kurt crazy outfits fashion thread, and post pictures of the most ridiculous or sexiest clothes he wore on the show.
- Make a list (hint: use Wikipedia) of all the awards Chris won or was nominated for and post it in its own new thread (I don’t think we have one yet). Feel free to add e.g. other nominees he went up against, pictures of Chris’ outfit on the red carpet, videos of interviews, and of course triumphant pictures of him holding the awards he won.
- Write a fanfic, or link to one you love while giving a short description.
- Offer people from your country to help with translating some difficult dialogue in the Glee episodes or SBL (I myself am currently working on a Dutch SBL srt-file), or ask English speaking members here what was said or meant in a certain Glee scene or news article you found online you have trouble with figuring out yourself. That would actually be a great idea for a new thread.
- Find and check bestseller book lists,  Amazon reviews, IMDB ratings, iTunes sales, twitter followers, tv ratings, tumblr popularity stats, media articles hits, or whatever numbers you can crunch that might be interesting to discuss when it comes to Chris and his projects.
- Invent a little game, e.g. ‘on what page of which TloS book is this quote?’
- Make a chronological list of interviews Chris did (and find the videos to match).
- Start a ‘Then and Now' thread, in dedication to the, a little late though, but amazing job Mother Nature did on Chris over the years. Post pics!
- Organize a SBL or favorite Glee episode viewing party, or watch it yourself and give a simultaneous running commentary online.
- Find pics and gifsets from Glee episodes or scenes you like, or from Kurt songs, and post them in the episode thread.
- Try some crazy photoshopping, with e.g. funny texts balloons on stills of Chris or Kurt, and post your attempts here.
- List your top 3 Kurt songs/Kurt storylines/Chris projects/Chris pics/Chris quotes/Chris meeting other celebrities moments in the appreciation threads, or even start a whole new ‘Top 3’ thread.
- Some facts: the last post in the ‘Games Room’ is from July 2013, the last entry in the TloS3 Read and Discuss thread is from August this year, and the last post in the Struck By Lightning thread was in June. Change that!

None of the stuff I just listed gets posted much here, and it’s all positive and about appreciating Chris, so what’s stopping you? fanny2

Last edited by Glorfindel on 12/9/2014, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/9/2014, 2:01 pm

^ those pics are AWESOME!

yes we should keep the "appreciation" in the appreciation thread. that has always been the idea. glee threads are a different beast because almost everything i hear from the show now makes me cringe/mad. however, the really divisive stuff (such as comments about chris' co-workers) are better off left in the Snark and Bark thread, and newbies or folks who hate negativity about certain people/subject should simply stay away from that thread.

there's no need for everyone to sing the same tune you know. don't shut yourself up. don't shut others up. have a great holiday season folks!

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  quietbelle 12/9/2014, 2:14 pm

Ranwing's response was more on point and is noted with thanks.
quietbelle
quietbelle
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/9/2014, 4:49 pm

MOD SPEAKING :

Peps, if you want to APPRECIATE, this is the thread.

If you want to but heads like these mofos ...

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 12 Dome-headed-dinosaur

... SNARK and BARK it is.

Just a big fat NO to attacking each other.

Better late then never. Right ????
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 12 Empty snark and bark

Post  Jellyrolls 12/10/2014, 9:38 am

Wow. It has been a crazy few days on this thread. Sorry not to address this sooner--I am currently at Disney World and haven't been checking the board as often as usual.

Things definitely got out of hand here, and I apologize for not encouraging moving this discussion to snark and bark or hitting that "agree to disagree" point. It does seem that ultimately the main posters involved listened to the concerns of others and the issue somewhat resolved itself.

When I get home this evening, I will move this discussion to snark and bark. I only have my iPad with me and it is tough to move posts from long threads on it.

As everyone is aware, we do take a hands off approach to moderating here. We really rely on posters to take responsibility for their posts, and for others to speak up when things are starting to get out of hand (which is actually did happen in this instance--it just took a bit longer to get there tha it should have).

I would like for everyone here to feel comfortable asking that a discussion be taken to snark and bark if they feel it has veered too far off course (or contact a moderator off they aren't comfortable requesting it on the three).

We don't have a lot of rules here, but the one that I care about the most is that we show respect to each other--especially when we disagree. We don't have to agree on everything, and spirited discussion is allowed here, but we do have to respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and allowed to express it here.

For the newer posters, and the posters who have been around a while but don't post very often, please realize that everyone who loves Chris is welcome to post on this board. On any message board, the tone is set by it's most prolific posters, but any poster can help create a welcome and positive atmosphere by participating.

I have to end this here because I am leaving for the airport in about an hour and I have to finish packing up. I apologize for spelling and grammar errors--it took so long to write this that I don't have time to proof read it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/20/2014, 9:21 am

Ever since the selfie Harry Shum took on the Glee set (6x08) was posted (link) tinhatting crisscolfers and some of the more rabid Klainers have been very actively bullying and harassing Chris and Will on twitter and such, only because Will was in that picture too.
I won't post anything of that crap here, because some of those tweets makes your stomach turn, but here are some links: x, x, x and x.

The reason the crisscolfers harass Chris and Will is obvious, of course dryy , but the hatred of the Klainers is surprisingly extremely vile this time. 

Apparently these Klainers blame Chris for "ruining Klaine's biggest moment" by bringing Will to set. They blame him for being so disgusted by Klaine that he's not able to do a Klaine scene without his bf giving him moral support, that his acting will suffer because Will is there (again: during Klaine's "biggest" moment), that he's deliberately trying to spite the Klainers for bringing Will so they won't be able to enjoy the bts pics anymore knowing Chris' bf is there, etc. Shocked
In the mean time they're demanding a Klaine/Crisscolfer bts pic of him and Darren, the entitled brats.

And of course, when being confronted in their own tags with the bullying of their fandom, there's nothing but either utter silence or the usual "we didn't do anything and the other fandoms send hate too" poor-victim-whining from them. 
Hypcrites.  ijuta

When Joaquin Sedillo was notified of the hatred he responded:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 12 Tumblr_nguc2z4pwz1s6lzbyo1_1280

Wrong: ignoring them and pandering to them at other times because you need the attention is not solving anything: it just signals to the bullies that they can get away with this horrible stuff without any consequenses.

From the snipbits I caught on twitter (I don't really like communicating via that social media) Chris blocked a few of the worst bullies, but they can create a new twitter account with only a few mouse clicks, so I doubt it will be of much use. They even seem to get new nasty energy out of being blocked, the assholes.
I bet Chris (and Will too) is counting the days till Klaine will be over and done with (so those 'fans' move over to other gay male/slash pairings) just as much as we do. He may be sad Glee will be ending, if only for the cast and crew becoming family over the years, but I'm 100% sure he won't be sad to get rid of those rabid shippers and bullies.

If you're active on twitter, maybe send some love his way?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/20/2014, 12:48 pm

I laughed when I saw Joaquin's tweet, because I'm sure some of those very same fans who are sending Chris and Will the nasty e-mails are the very same people who are kissing Joaquin's ass and getting attention from him.

The delusion of these people knows no end. They don't realize that the very reason why Chris and Darren aren't photographed together are because of the behavior of these fans. Why should Chris be kind enough to tweet pictures for these demanding fans who send so much hate to him and the man he loves?

Another few months, and hopefully Chris will be able to go on with his life without these nasty people harassing him and Will.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next