Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  ColferInspired 3/8/2012, 12:25 am

I haven't seen Smash yet. I don't know if I would be interested in it. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 2176491633
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 12:29 am

I meant to watch it but never did. I kept on forgetting. the only show I remember is Glee, that's because I am glued to this fandom and every little Chris move gets remembered days weeks hours before it happens. nothing else on tV sticks to my brain these days.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 12:35 am

want something to do??

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/life-after-glee-which-star-will-have-the-most-successful-career-poll

go vote for Chris. Click his name, click vote, then return to poll. You can vote up to 20 times at once. Someone wants to move Matt ahead of Chris :angry: the nerve!! I do it for fun!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 12:36 am

ColferInspired wrote:I haven't seen Smash yet. I don't know if I would be interested in it. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 2176491633

Smash is really good. Great acting, interesting characters, fun musical numbers. It's what the spinoff of Glee could have been like with Chris and Lea as the stars Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 1:56 am

Carousel wrote:want something to do??

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/life-after-glee-which-star-will-have-the-most-successful-career-poll

go vote for Chris. Click his name, click vote, then return to poll. You can vote up to 20 times at once. Someone wants to move Matt ahead of Chris :angry: the nerve!! I do it for fun!!
are you sure only 20 times? I think I voted at least 30 times and it still dind't tell me to stop.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 1:58 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Smash is really good. Great acting, interesting characters, fun musical numbers. It's what the spinoff of Glee could have been like with Chris and Lea as the stars Wink
nah. Ribs can't write something as decent as the smash team. I am glad chris and lea are not on a show that will potentilaly be cancelled after a pilot - I have absolutely no faith in the glee writing team.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 2:14 am

OK - so I buzzed over to GF to see this new format you are all talking about and ran into this:

http://www.gleeforum.com/index.php/topic/29098-who-will-be-captain-of-new-directions-in-season-4/page__pid__2100806__st__40#entry2100806

I think it takes you right to page 3 but you know how to back it up. Anyhoo, it is a thread about who will head ND next year and since I saw Bowtie Blaine and his ilk I figured it would be a slamdunk for Blaine. I got a surprise and if you want a smile, go read them Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/8/2012, 3:18 am

Carousel wrote:OK - so I buzzed over to GF to see this new format you are all talking about and ran into this:

http://www.gleeforum.com/index.php/topic/29098-who-will-be-captain-of-new-directions-in-season-4/page__pid__2100806__st__40#entry2100806

I think it takes you right to page 3 but you know how to back it up. Anyhoo, it is a thread about who will head ND next year and since I saw Bowtie Blaine and his ilk I figured it would be a slamdunk for Blaine. I got a surprise and if you want a smile, go read them Twisted Evil

I just read it and blinkk What's going on with Bowtie Blaine? Where's his inner fan?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 3:26 am

who cares. seeing his name makes me want to vomir
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 3:39 am

fantastica wrote:who cares. seeing his name makes me want to vomir

yeah, but there are some good Blaine putdowns hola

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 3:48 am

maybe he lost one of his balls. Didn't he argue w/ us that he has two? like he's not supposed to?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 3:50 am

fantastica wrote:maybe he lost one of his balls. Didn't he argue w/ us that he has two? like he's not supposed to?
''

He has two and is gay. No wonder he has a hard on for Blaine. He is obviously not as intelligent as our Shinra.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 3:53 am

Sinra has good taste. and smarts.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 4:03 am

Carousel wrote:I know in theater you do a lot of over-emoting, but there are many actors who have done both stage and screen and manage to adjust to the change.
Adjusting to a more intimate acting is the easiest thing to do, because as a stage actor, you stop all your over-expressing faces once you get out of the stage and in your real life. It's the opposite that can be difficult, especially projecting your voice for being heard by 2000 persons when you're supposed to whisper something in the ears of another character lol. So, you just have to not switch to all the stage acting conventions when you're performing in front of a camera. By the way, lot of time, rehearhing for staged play occurred in a much more intimate environment, so you're also bound to play your part in a more intimate way too. You won't shout your part if the director is just sitting 2m away from you during the rehearshal lol.

Delight wrote:I think this is main reason why I'm not impressed with Darren. His character Blaine depended a lot on Kurt to become as popular as he did. The problem is that if Blaine had been required to draw his own fanbase using only his actor's ability to sing and act, Blaine would most likely flop. Even when it comes to singing, which no one can deny that Darren does better compared to acting, I think the a capella back-up did a lot to support Darren's voice and make him sound as good as he did.

I'm kinda wishing for the day that Glee detaches Blaine from Kurt, so that the world can see just how Blaine can fare on his own. If Darren is good enough an actor, if given enough good material, he may still be able to salvage the situation and prove to us that Blaine is boring only because of the lack of good storylines for his character, as opposed to it being a consequence of Darren being a boring and uninspiring actor.
For me, it's already decided. I'm going to use again Romy Rosemont as a reference: before this SL of finchel wedding which gave her a bit more screentime, she was probably one of the cast member who had the least material to work with. But has she ever looked bland or without personality? Even without lines of dialogue, you can use the material of the other characters to give more dimension to your character, simply by being completely present in the scene and reacting to everyone else. Chris is also excellent in this art to make his character live in the background. DC, from the moment he appeared on Glee has had much more material than Romy Rosemont, he still manages to be zero-dimensional.

dap1217 wrote:OT tbh,I don't know why people think DC has a kick-ass PR team,from what they have done to promote him,not smart at all,some are very short sight.Are these people really think DC won't have a long career so they just grip all the possible opportunities make him be in the spotlight?If they considered carefully what's good for DC,they should have made DC avoid following Dan's footprint.But again,almost all DC's doing is attaching himself with other's fame and success.

I have this impression CC's PR team is really standard and strict,also very smart and knows in the long run what his career should be like.And CC also is inner-directed enough to not be manipulate by others when come across what his ideal career.

Sigh,from now on I should stop comparing DC and CC or someting about them,that would be unfair.They are not on the same level at all.
Yeah, I'm often surprised, not only in the case of DC's team, how the management and the team of some actor/actress don't give them more advice about how to behave or how to dress in important events like award shows, it can have a significant impact on their public image. I guess they have to deal with the ego of the celebrity and maybe are also afraid to lose them as client. As for DC, it's obvious to me that everything is thought in a very short term, they're not building a credibility, they just grab everything they can to stay in eye of the media and the GA.

Chris surely must be a dream to work with, from his humility, I guess he is very open minded to any advice, even on little details about his public image.

Carousel wrote:Maybe if we met him we would be drooling, too.
or even more horrified Laughing

Glorfindel wrote:I usually don't like showing someone's not so good performances, but this is Darren in H2$:

It's me or the cast seems really unmotivated and bored? lol! I've seen this performance with Matthew Broderick in the lead role and it felt much more like a group number than this one. I understand why DanRad didn't bother to watch the DC-version show (while he did watch the one with Nick Jonas Laughing ), he surely has kept good relations with some cast members and was aware of the atmosphere Smile

Struck by Lightning wrote:Still the best thing about his performance, but I've read the choreography was changed at least on some occasions.
The least I can say is that choreography is really not impressive (technically-wise) and again I can see the darren manierism, which is disturbing when the main point would be the complete matching of the gesture for this kind of easy choreography.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/8/2012, 5:52 am

Carousel wrote:
I see now why people say Darren's voice is thin and it sounded like he was having trouble holding some of the notes. I wonder how Darren would do if had to do a much longer run. Marie, do you think his voice would hold out? People seemed to think his voice sounded tired in Love Shack, which he did right after returning from NY.
If Darren does not take more care of his voice, he will lose or damage it, yes.
I really think he has a very nice voice, and I love some of his Glee songs when he sings in his wheelhouse. But his voice is kinda weak and thin, which is purely physical, he can't change that.
What he can do (and should do) is make sure he keeps his voice in a good condition. Use the right vocal techniques, don't get distracted by other things (jumping on furniture) tonguue and get the needed rest.
Last year, around the live tour, Darren was taking really good care of his voice, it was much stronger then, but not now. Maybe he's just too tired and does too many things. But it should be his first and foremost concern: to keep his voice healthy.

Jellyrolls wrote:
I miss the days on Broadway before they started putting big names in the show.
(---)
Everytime you put a "big name" in a Broadway show, they are taking an opportunity away from a David Elder, Jeremy Kushnier, or a Michael Arnold. Who are those guys, I am sure you are asking. Well, those are three of the most talented actors I have ever seen onstage--actors who made me open my playbill to see who they were after I saw them in a show, and I still remember their names over 15 years later.
Putting big names in musicals ruined the Dutch musical for me. They are so bad. :angry:
I went to London last fall, and in both musicals I saw (Wicked and We Will RockYou) they had understudies singing the lead. And they were terrific. A lot of excellent triple threats will have to stand in the shadows of famous stunt-casted performers, who don't really have the skills to pull it of. It's a shame.

As for DanRad being stunt-casted too: that's true. But at least he took a long time to learn the skills that were needed, and did everything in his power to improve and be worthy of Broadway. I admire him greatly for that.
Instead of all that rehearsal time, he could have just done another high-profile movie and practice inbetween, and then stumbled his way through his first weeks of H2$ untill he got the knack of it. But he committed, practiced, and made it work immediately on opening night. That's what I call having respect for the craftmanship.
And DanRad also did H2$ much longer than DC or NJ. He could have just taken the money and good criticism and run after a couple of months. But he risked getting less audience percentages, less tickets sold per show (because he was there for so long and his fans had more opportunity to see the musical, if they only wanted to see it because of DanRad, in comparison with DC's 3 weeks). He really was in it because of the musical itself, and not because he wanted to milk his fame.
And he did indeed work well with the cast. He was one of them and not the 'star'.
As a 'colleague' he gets my deep respect. and I'm not even a DanRad fan. suure

Jellyrolls wrote:
I have some input on your questions, Carrie. Performing eight shows a week is taxing on any actor, espeically on days when they have two shows. From talking to some of my friends who have done Broadway, and just from going to so many shows, I can tell you that a lot of them have trouble by their seventh and eighth performances of the week. They may not be able to belt the notes with as much power, or their voice may crack a bit more than it did earlier in the week. Back when Rent first came out, I got to know Anthony Rapp pretty well, and would take weekend trips to go see him in the show. There were times when he wouldn't even speak to any of us between shows because he was trying to conserve his voice for the show.

So those videos Marie posted, if Darren was performing his second show of the day at the end of the week, he might not have had the power that he did on day one after a day of rest.

When Kristin Chenoweth was in Wicked, she missed a lot of shows because she needed vocal rest because the role was so challenging vocally. I think that in part, it really depends on the amount of singing, and the amount of belting in a particular role as much as the strength of the actor's voice.
It is a combination of the strength of the voice, the condition/stamina of the singer, the difficulties of the role and the amount of times you do a show. Some roles can be very challenging (like Galinda in Wicked). And singing 8 shows a week (although for the more unknown cast it's more like 5-6 times a week, but still) is very tiring. It takes years of dedication and experience to be able to sing 8 shows a week and last a long time.
But Darren only did H2$ for 3 weeks. It takes a lot longer for a voice to wear out, when properly trained and groomed. Darren did not have the stamina to last so long.
In his defense: Glee must drain the cast members out of energy. Those working schedules are ridiculous. If Darren went into H2$ already tired and not properly prepared his voice would certainly be effected when he returned to Glee.
And, also in Darren's defense: he sang all of his H2$ shows in those 3 weeks.

Shinra17 wrote:For me, it's already decided. I'm going to use again Romy Rosemont as a reference: before this SL of finchel wedding which gave her a bit more screentime, she was probably one of the cast member who had the least material to work with. But has she ever looked bland or without personality? Even without lines of dialogue, you can use the material of the other characters to give more dimension to your character, simply by being completely present in the scene and reacting to everyone else. Chris is also excellent in this art to make his character live in the background. DC, from the moment he appeared on Glee has had much more material than Romy Rosemont, he still manages to be zero-dimensional.
^This. banzai

Shinra17 wrote:The least I can say is that choreography is really not impressive (technically-wise) and again I can see the darren manierism, which is disturbing when the main point would be the complete matching of the gesture for this kind of easy choreography.
H2$ requires a different way of dancing than Darren's usual loose style. He should have adapted in H2$.
I had the same problem with that in the black & white Christmas special. Chris (and Lea) embodied the 50-60's style, in his mannerisms, his voice, his dancing. Darren (and Amber) didn't do that.
That's what I admire so much of Chris: he can act so good with his body language alone. wub

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/8/2012, 6:50 am

I haven't seen Smash yet. I don't know if I would be interested in it.
It’s pretty good, I‘ve watched it more regularly than Glee now actually but there are definite problems. The Voice has messed with the whole format of the show I think; to get viewers to tune into this Broadway show they have Katharine McPhee as the main character, singing, at a minimum, one pop song every episode. Right now it works because they have Megan doing their Broadway stuff but they want their likable pop singer character to win in the end. I’m just happy Megan’s having such a great year between this, an upcoming stage production of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Dorothy of Oz.

Lea as the other character vying for the role would work better IMO; she could actually be as good as Megan singing some Broadway songs, she would actually be the underdog in conventional looks as opposed to Katharine who looks less like Marilyn but there’s an undercurrent of her being more societally ‘pretty’ that they never quite address, but it’s there. And Lea can even do pop songs too, and better. I wish Rachel and Kurt had both gone to Smash; it would benefit both IMO.

want something to do??

go vote for Chris. Click his name, click vote, then return to poll. You can vote up to 20 times at once. Someone wants to move Matt ahead of Chris the nerve!! I do it for fun!!.
…who though? I’ve literally met three Matthew Morrison stans during my whole time online.

For me, it's already decided. I'm going to use again Romy Rosemont as a reference: before this SL of finchel wedding which gave her a bit more screentime, she was probably one of the cast member who had the least material to work with. But has she ever looked bland or without personality? Even without lines of dialogue, you can use the material of the other characters to give more dimension to your character, simply by being completely present in the scene and reacting to everyone else. Chris is also excellent in this art to make his character live in the background. DC, from the moment he appeared on Glee has had much more material than Romy Rosemont, he still manages to be zero-dimensional.
Speaking of Romy, she and Mike both are attached to new pilots, I hope that doesn’t mean the writers already decided we won’t see the Hudmel parents at all next season, though I am happy for them and they were underused this year anyways.

It's me or the cast seems really unmotivated and bored? lol! I've seen this performance with Matthew Broderick in the lead role and it felt much more like a group number than this one. I understand why DanRad didn't bother to watch the DC-version show (while he did watch the one with Nick Jonas ), he surely has kept good relations with some cast members and was aware of the atmosphere
Kevin made an entire blog post about going to see his first Broadway show, The Book of Mormon, while Darren was in H2$ and said he really respected the actors for doing a show 8 times a week for that long. I love him LOL.

Honestly Max and even Jane might need to drum up some more publicity so if that’s (partly) why they went, good for them. It’s ridiculous to expect Chris or Lea to take time out of their busy schedules or scheduled breaks to go and get mobbed by an immature cult following Darren himself encourages. It’s even more ridiculous for Chris having to see him so much already, and more for Lea after Darren said she was too young to play Fanny Brice. So I feel a bit vindicated that of the main kid cast, no one went.

But he risked getting less audience percentages, less tickets sold per show (because he was there for so long and his fans had more opportunity to see the musical, if they only wanted to see it because of DanRad, in comparison with DC's 3 weeks).
Definitely, he would’ve had a higher percentage but he still pulled in more his last week than any of Darren’s weeks did I think, which speaks to his popularity.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 8:55 am

Struck by Lightning wrote:
Speaking of Romy, she and Mike both are attached to new pilots, I hope that doesn’t mean the writers already decided we won’t see the Hudmel parents at all next season, though I am happy for them and they were underused this year anyways.
Even if it is the case, they have plenty time from now to the end of the season to change their mind a good dozen times Smile *some thoughts for Gloria Estefan*
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/8/2012, 11:00 am

Even if it is the case, they have plenty time from now to the end of the season to change their mind a good dozen times *some thoughts for Gloria Estefan*
LOL, true.

Is it just my imagination or are more GF people enraged about Gloria possibly being forgotten than they were when that happened to Anne Hathaway? I distinctly remember reading things like 'Kurt doesn't need another SL anyways', but now the same people, many of them Brittana shippers, are outraged about this Rolling Eyes

Lea as the other character vying for the role would work better IMO; she could actually be as good as Megan singing some Broadway songs, she would actually be the underdog in conventional looks as opposed to Katharine who looks less like Marilyn but there’s an undercurrent of her being more societally ‘pretty’ that they never quite address, but it’s there. And Lea can even do pop songs too, and better. I wish Rachel and Kurt had both gone to Smash; it would benefit both IMO.
And while I'm fake!casting for this, Kurt could be the assistant to the songwriting team since that's another character I'd want to rework. Katharine McPhee's character's boyfriend works at the mayor's office, which I could see Burt arranging for Finn. Santana could work at a night club so karaoke bar performances could make more sense.

I wanted that spin-off. :angry:
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/8/2012, 1:35 pm

About the difference of strategy or vision between CC team and someone else's management, I just saw this, I don't know what this is exactly but it made me laugh and I bet there's no way to find Chris in this kind of event(?)!

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 21 Ed9bc1f5

GLITTERATI PREMIERE TABLE $25,000 per table for 10

Name recognition on all event materials, including press release, gala program, special event signage and online
One premiere table for ten at season gala with special guest artist
Ten guests invited to pre-dinner cocktail reception
Name engraved on donor recognition signage in the American Conservatory Theater lower lounge for one year
Recognition in A.C.T.'s performance program throughout the season
Five (5) pre-paid valet parking tickets
-------------------------------------

VIP PREFERRED TABLE $10,000 per table for 10 

Name recognition on all event materials, including press release, gala program, special event signage and online
One preferred table for ten at season gala
Ten guests invited to pre-dinner cocktail reception
Name engraved on donor recognition signage in the American Conservatory Theater lower lounge for one year
Recognition in one A.C.T. performance program
Five (5) pre-paid valet parking tickets
------------------------------------
source

So, if you pay only 10.000$, you don't get to see the guest-artist, you have to spend 25.000$ for him to appear. Well, the table is for 10 persons, so each one has only 2.500$ to pay. I wonder if it's still in the range of the DC stans pocket money lol.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 1:53 pm

I just googled the American Conservatory Theatre. They had other ticket options available starting at $500 (which were already sold out). The way that I'm reading that is that for $25,000 you can have your own table, and Darren Criss will be at your table for the reception (I could be wrong, but that's how I took it). Everyone who buys a ticket will get to see Darren, but the people at the $25,000 will have him at their table for the reception.

I wouldn't expect you would see many stans there at the prices they are charging for the event.

I'll give him credit for doing this type of event to give back to the conservatory where he started out.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 1:55 pm

Featuring special guest ARTIST
Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 1:58 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I wouldn't expect you would see many stans there at the prices they are charging for the event.

Think of the girl who bought 10 Broadway tickets!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 2:07 pm

Carousel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I wouldn't expect you would see many stans there at the prices they are charging for the event.

Think of the girl who bought 10 Broadway tickets!!

Oh, I'm sure you'll see some there, but not an audience full. This type of event is usually filled with the rich and corporate type.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2012, 2:21 pm

What do you want to bet his team will purchase some tickets and donate them to "special people" It is done all the time to get names to show up to these things.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 2:24 pm

Yes u win. Goodbye.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next