Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  ColferGirl 3/20/2012, 2:33 pm

CloveGlee wrote:

They had a base. Blaine was older, more self-assured, and he knew how to deal with bullies. He was confidently gay and Kurt looked up to him. If they had continued to write him like this, we wouldn't have the problems with this bland milquetoast of a character, because he began WELL. VERY well. They should have stuck to their original plan with Blaine. The problem that they ran into with attempting to humanize the character is that they tore him apart instead, undoing what they had created and leaving us with a character who makes no sense.

I agree with this.

I know not everyone liked older, confident, "mentor" Blaine because they don't believe Kurt needs a mentor. And I agree. But I actually think that could have been a great way to develop their storyline, and keep Blaine a more coherent, consistent character. As the two grew closer over season 2, Kurt could have gained back his own confidence that Karofsky took from him while at Dalton, he could have come out of his bullied shell into the snarky, independent (but still sweet) boy we all love. Blaine would have realized that the boy he tried to stifle (in Special Education) and thought needed his help *doesn't* need him in that way, he'd see how courageous and confident and wonderful Kurt is all on his own, and the writers could have done a lot with that. Could have made Blaine feel threatened or inadequate because Kurt doesn't have to look up to him, or could have had Blaine be surprised by him, have to look at Kurt with new eyes - and when the two boys were equals, they could develop the romance further from there.

But they never had to take away Blaine's cocky, suave, older rich boy persona to do that. In fact, that could create interesting friction with Kurt anyway, since Kurt wouldn't be as rich or worldly (his Dad's a mechanic, his family's not like Blaine's), it could have made an interesting clash of families, backgrounds, even parts of their personalities and dreams in life (Blaine might get everything served to him on a rich silver platter, Kurt has to struggle for everything...actually, they kinda still do that now dryy. Or Blaine might want to do everything for Kurt cause his mind could be stuck in the 1950's, and being rich he has all the money to help him, but Kurt wants to be independent, so they could have had conflict that way too. Or interesting "I know best, because I'm older/wiser" conflict, with Kurt clashing with him against that because Blaine doesn't know best, while Blaine's still trying to be a 'mentor').

I don't know, there's just a lot the writers could have potentially done with suave, rich, mentor Blaine, but still eventually show that Kurt doesn't need him as a mentor - that they're equals, and what he actually needs is a friend/boyfriend. Never Been Kissed Blaine even had hints of some anger issues, so that could have been an interesting character flaw to keep too (and it occassionaly, and randomly, rears its head now).

I'm sad about all the missed opportunities. :(

Last edited by ColferGirl on 3/20/2012, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel 3/20/2012, 6:42 pm

^I really, really like that scenario.

*sigh* :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/20/2012, 11:09 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
I know not everyone liked older, confident, "mentor" Blaine because they don't believe Kurt needs a mentor. And I agree. But I actually think that could have been a great way to develop their storyline, and keep Blaine a more coherent, consistent character. As the two grew closer over season 2, Kurt could have gained back his own confidence that Karofsky took from him while at Dalton, he could have come out of his bullied shell into the snarky, independent (but still sweet) boy we all love. Blaine would have realized that the boy he tried to stifle (in Special Education) and thought needed his help *doesn't* need him in that way, he'd see how courageous and confident and wonderful Kurt is all on his own, and the writers could have done a lot with that. Could have made Blaine feel threatened or inadequate because Kurt doesn't have to look up to him, or could have had Blaine be surprised by him, have to look at Kurt with new eyes - and when the two boys were equals, they could develop the romance further from there.

But they never had to take away Blaine's cocky, suave, older rich boy persona to do that. In fact, that could create interesting friction with Kurt anyway, since Kurt wouldn't be as rich or worldly (his Dad's a mechanic, his family's not like Blaine's), it could have made an interesting clash of families, backgrounds, even parts of their personalities and dreams in life (Blaine might get everything served to him on a rich silver platter, Kurt has to struggle for everything...actually, they kinda still do that now dryy. Or Blaine might want to do everything for Kurt cause his mind could be stuck in the 1950's, and being rich he has all the money to help him, but Kurt wants to be independent, so they could have had conflict that way too. Or interesting "I know best, because I'm older/wiser" conflict, with Kurt clashing with him against that because Blaine doesn't know best, while Blaine's still trying to be a 'mentor').

I don't know, there's just a lot the writers could have potentially done with suave, rich, mentor Blaine, but still eventually show that Kurt doesn't need him as a mentor - that they're equals, and what he actually needs is a friend/boyfriend. Never Been Kissed Blaine even had hints of some anger issues, so that could have been an interesting character flaw to keep too (and it occassionaly, and randomly, rears its head now).

I'm sad about all the missed opportunities. :(

What a MOOG, indeed. Yes, the conflicts you've described do allow for flaws in Blaine without ruining the base of his character. Unfortunately, the flaws they've decided to give Blaine to create conflict in season3 make us go 'Huh?' (Blaine's random angry outbursts) and 'Please get away from Kurt right now!' (Blaine's bad drunk behaviour, insistence on remaining all chatty and friendly with Sebastian, inability to communicate with Kurt etc) more often than not.

I've noticed that this discussion is getting too civilized for this thread once again tonguue . Anyone wants to bring further discussion of this topic to the General Glee discussion thread?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/21/2012, 8:12 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0m4qeE8Mo1qez6mxo1_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0m4qeE8Mo1qez6mxo9_r1_250

Saw this over at ONTD_Glee and just had to bring it here. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  emilynna 3/21/2012, 8:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0m4qeE8Mo1qez6mxo1_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0m4qeE8Mo1qez6mxo9_r1_250

I think courage is the stupidest thing blaine ever msg to kurt.. dryy
emilynna
emilynna
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/21/2012, 9:05 am

I read on tumblr that some people want to send a ring to Chris and are thinking of engraving “courage" in it. I am sure he will be jubilant!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  emilynna 3/21/2012, 9:21 am

arina wrote:I read on tumblr that some people want to send a ring to Chris and are thinking of engraving “courage" in it. I am sure he will be jubilant!

The idea of sending a ring to chris is lovely...but what does courage got to do with chris..
Stupid klaine shippers
emilynna
emilynna
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2012, 9:32 am

arina wrote:I read on tumblr that some people want to send a ring to Chris and are thinking of engraving “courage" in it. I am sure he will be jubilant!

vomir

Ugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2012, 11:18 am

I have a new dream scenerio for Klaine. I'm putting it in spoiler tags just on the off chance the Klaine stans got their wish.

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/21/2012, 11:47 am

^ lol!

if there is someone who doesn't need to be reminded of being courageous, I think it's him. These fans are absolutely insufferable in their way to use CC to promote DC.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2012, 11:57 am

I can't wait for the day when Klaine breaks up (I'm holding on to that belief that it will happen--I will not let go until it happens) so that Chris/Kurt isn't attached to Blaine/Darren at the hip by a portion of the fandom. Chris deserves better than what he is getting with Klaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/21/2012, 12:42 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Qsnoms

Okay, that is really gross. Although it could be sweet coming from 12-year old girls, since they don't know any better and Klaine is so romantic and an inspiration and all, so I should have some compassion for them if they are indeed 12 year old....but no, just no. Evil or Very Mad

The only courage Chris needs is when he has to face the heartbroken hardcore Klainers once Klaine breaks up. But, considering his past with bullying and threats, I think Chris can manage without a 'courage' ring then.
Perhaps the One Ring (to Rule Them All) would be a better choice to wear when that happy sad, sad day arrives. Smile

Dear Lord. They really are not Chris Colfer fans, are they? Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2012, 9:19 pm

Is it bad that I'm finding stuffing the ballot box on the who should Glee write off poll with lots of votes for Blaine very therapuetic this evening? I know that it doesn't really matter, but it's making me smile every time I see the number increase.

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/quinn-cant-die-who-should-glee-kill-off-instead

I need a new hobby. LOL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/21/2012, 10:01 pm

^ haha! I can't do that, I get bored too easily.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/21/2012, 10:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0m4qeE8Mo1qez6mxo1_r1_500

ptdr

Jellyrolls wrote:I have a new dream scenerio for Klaine. I'm putting it in spoiler tags just on the off chance the Klaine stans got their wish.

Spoiler:

I like it :D besides RIB doesn't have problems putting things related to actors's life or job in Glee lol

Glorfindel wrote:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 Qsnoms

Probably that will be the reaction of Chris after see the ring ¬¬ or maybe I'm overreacting and he won't puke actually but he gonna do the gesture at least.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2012, 10:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I have a new dream scenerio for Klaine. I'm putting it in spoiler tags just on the off chance the Klaine stans got their wish.

Spoiler:

I'm really sick today. Someone who doesn't know how to put their hand over their mouth gave me their nasty flu. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 3181402168

But that spoiler of yours made me laugh Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 3429310274 Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 3429310274.

I needed a laugh.

I should be in bed but it is a nice day outside. I'm at the library at the moment using their Wifi.

I'm stubborn when I'm sick, I can't stay in bed when I should be.

And I hope they don't send him a ring like that, he would be obligated to wear it. Why not send him a ring with something else on it to do with Chris?

Maybe that drawing of Carson being struck by lightning that everyone is familiar of, with we love you Chris, love your fans engraved on the inside. Now that would make Chris jubilant. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 40 4247136565

Darren fans are getting desperate, they get excited about the silliest and smallest of things to do with Darren now. It is kind of sad.

I would love it if Kurt was free of Blaine, then Chris won't have to be attached to Darren anymore.

-------

https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/t81-kurt-hummel-snark-bark-thread-part-2
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40