Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 8:40 pm

Marie - thank you for this. How nice to have a comparison and see them all in action.

I see now why people say Darren's voice is thin and it sounded like he was having trouble holding some of the notes. I wonder how Darren would do if had to do a much longer run. Marie, do you think his voice would hold out? People seemed to think his voice sounded tired in Love Shack, which he did right after returning from NY.

I loved DanRads energy and was surprised by his voice - nicer than I expected.

I liked Nick's voice but I do see where he is more wooden.

What I do not understand is Darren has a theater degree, yes? Did he expect to perform on stage, and why a musical if he knows he does not have a Broadway voice? Wouldn't you think he would have taken singing lessons? DanRad practiced for what- a year? Darren does not seem to think he needs to put any effort in and that is going to tell in the long run.

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 8:41 pm

broadway shows used to resemble opera where people all dress up in nice suits and evening gowns but of course things have changed a lot, but they are still very respectiful of the performers. the thing w/ DC fans is that they are mostly not broadway goers and they are more like the crowds that go to rock concerts. so it's a total different feel.

marie aren't you glad we have this place where you can say what's on your mind? thanks for the videos!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 8:55 pm

In short: Daniel wins this divo-off, hands down. Nick and Darren are just stunt-casting, and looking at the $$$ Darren brought in, it worked.

Oh, and fans screaming and clapping in the middle of a song on Broadway..... oy, bad, very bad. Stupid Darren-fans.

Thanks for your review Marie :D but when's about Daniel I can't be objective Razz wub .

About the fans screaming, probably because of Darren they sold more tickets - Can anybody confirm this info please?- but this's Broadway not a concert ¬¬ It's ok if people want to applause but please girls DON'T SCREAM.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 9:00 pm

Darren brought in 4 million dollars in a 3 week run. He was 99% sold out. One girl I read bought 10 tickets!!! His fans are more the concert type than the Broadway type and tended to be loud

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 9:08 pm

I agree if anyone had an acting edge it was Dan but in terms of singing, at least projection, I'd say Nick. I bet the understudy was a better singer than any of them but it seems like we'll never know.
Nick and Darren are just stunt-casting, and looking at the $$$ Darren brought in, it worked.
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree a little here because although I personally like Dan and not the others (Dan has done good stuff in HP movies, Equus, probably Woman in Black, though IDK because I can't watch horror movies, the other two are 'famous' for boyband antics, being a blight on Glee/Smash and playing iconic roles by IMO better composers than Loesser like Tony/Marius really really badly) I think he was stunt cast too, as much the others really in this case. He did work hard, but in another production they wouldn't cast a lead who was short of singing/dancing skills and would have to take as much time to learn them or could possibly have a lot of trouble if he didn't. I can't see Dan's name not being heavily involved in casting here, though all in all for better reasons than the others.

And LOL as for Darren's dancing I saw an article where someone said he was literally too good at this dance number and just had to be 'less perfect' on ONTD_Glee and someone provided a helpful gif of him rehearsing and I thought it might be a bit of a mess. Still the best thing about his performance, but I've read the choreography was changed at least on some occasions.

And I agree, that DC give me more a vibe of a musician/singer/songwriter that tryes to do some acting, then an actor who is a good singer.He should focus on music because IMO that is where his future lays.
Heather and Darren are two people I think could get some 'acting' roles but it's so obvious that's not where their talent or even their interest or dedication lies that I'll be annoyed if they try to pursue it that much. I'll lay off them if they stick with what they're best at though, partly becuase I pay less attention to to dance/pop music stuff so they'll be easier to ignore.

^ but I heard they actually wanted DC back to H2S this summer. so money speak louder than anything.
Oh I agree that money and a particular way of getting that money matter most for this production, as they've proven three times, and some others like it too.

I wouldn't say in The Help everyone was a complete unknown but among varying levals of fame or none at all they all were pretty impressive levals of acting talent, some great (Viola Davis who has had some buzz in particular, also Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain who were practically new discoveries I think) but all good (including the other lead Emma Stone who does do some mainstream romantic comedies). In NYE you have the opposite situation; some are undeniably talented but others really aren't and the common thread is a healthy amount of fame.

Last edited by Struck by Lightning on 3/7/2012, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 9:09 pm

guess what that's why i don't go to see rock concerts. classical concerts I have been to but those resemble opera/bway show and people are all quiet until the end. I can't stand the screaming in rock concerts (same as those Glee summer concerts) because I have sensitive ears and I hate noises. I always yell at children and want them to turn down the volumn. when i drive, if I feel sleepy, I actually listen to classical music, because pop/rock tire me out faster.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 9:30 pm

I've gone to so many Tanglewood/Jordan Hall concerts at this point that I'd have a harder time conducting myself at a rock concert, LOL. But I did hear that Darren fans wore a lot of Warblers blazers, Hogwarts/AVPM apparel or just generally imformal tween clothes and were both loud and uncouth. I'd like to send all of them to my old music camp where we needed to bring about 5 outfits worth of formal recital dress and two all white choral outfits, with no low necklines or short skirt lengths and sit through a long performance of classical music at least every other day in the summer. They wouldn't last long.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 9:48 pm

^ I can't help to comment on the "marilyn Monroe" in your signature that her arms are massive! If they are shown on Chris' body i am sure everybody will umf for hours. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 9:54 pm

Delight wrote:
I think this is main reason why I'm not impressed with Darren. His character Blaine depended a lot on Kurt to become as popular as he did. The problem is that if Blaine had been required to draw his own fanbase using only his actor's ability to sing and act, Blaine would most likely flop. Even when it comes to singing, which no one can deny that Darren does better compared to acting, I think the a capella back-up did a lot to support Darren's voice and make him sound as good as he did.

I'm kinda wishing for the day that Glee detaches Blaine from Kurt, so that the world can see just how Blaine can fare on his own. If Darren is good enough an actor, if given enough good material, he may still be able to salvage the situation and prove to us that Blaine is boring only because of the lack of good storylines for his character, as opposed to it being a consequence of Darren being a boring and uninspiring actor.

The bolded is what I'm waiting to see too. I'm curious to see Big Brother just to see how much actually acting time he gets in the episode compared to his singing time and the flashbacks. Part of me wonders if some of the more reasonable Klainers don't want Klaine to breakup because they don't really think that he has the chops to stand on his own.

And you're right, Darren sings better than he acts, but it is really his ability to flirt with the camera that draws a lot of his fans to him.

Carousel wrote:HA HA - we already know J Rowling would never agree to AVPM on Broadway or a movie, that would take the bucks out of her pocket and why should she share what is basically her idea that someone else added music to. Harry Potter is HER baby! I don't think any of the Potter kids were thrilled with the AVPM stuff. I know Rupert (Ron Weasley) said some uncomplimentary things. I think Daniel is just too classy to do that.

They certainly made a big deal about Darren showing up at any Harry Potter event he could. And why was he at Prop 8?? He had no part in it and he and Chris are not that friendly. In fact, the rumors have been there is a strain between them since Darren expected to have a bigger part in this season's shows.

JK Rowling will never approve AVPM to go to Broadway. She just too much of a control freak. Have any of you been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal yet? She was so controlling on every single aspect of it, right down to the food and drink served (you can't even get a Coke in that area of the park). They had to make the stores too small to handle the crowds because she was insistent on the buildings being made to scale.

As for strain between Chris and Darren, it wouldn't surprise me because their approaches to acting and their career are so vastly different. Chris is so serious and hard working, and put so much himself into ever aspect of the work. Darren doesn't seem to have the passion for the craft of acting that Chris does. And if the fans are frustrated with the way Klaine has been this season, I'd have to guess that Chris has to be even more frustrated the limitations in the relationship. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Chris and Ashley are hanging out in private Wink

Struck by Lightning wrote:
Bringing in 4 million dollars in 3 weeks of Broadway is a testament to how much your fans are willing to spend.
Yeah at this point I'm not only waiting for some of these fans to grow up but for some to run out of so much pocket change to spend. Certainly he'll have a harder time filling up to 99% capacity if people can't keep seeing 10 Broadway shows every 3 weeks. I don't see more than about 10 a year and I live a short train ride away.

I'm going to stand by my post that I made last night. Darren hit 99% capacity and brought in $4 million simply because it's a short run. He doesn't have the name recognition or the fanbase to bring the numbers for an extended period of time. He could probably do in the 90% range for 6 or 8 weeks, but you put him in a show for 3 or 6 months, and I'm guessing you'll see it in the 70-80% range. Yes, he'll bring in some people, but he can't sustain near sold out capacity for an extended period of time.

And I wonder if the StarKid fan base is as big as it seems. I just did a quick check on twitter and facebook, and they have 97,000 followers on twitter, and just under 200,000 followers on Facebook. Those are excellent numbers for an amateur theatre group, but I wonder how long they can carry Darren.

But there's no denying the money is good for his chances at certain things on Broadway. Like H2$ in general was a messy production, esp. in casting. The idea seemed to be if they could get a big name they don't have to have to be able to play the part; the Rosemary seemed to be good, probably the understudies were but Beau Bridges wasn't from a large number of reports and the stars of the show were actually pretty consistently lacking; Dan's largely dramatic acting ability and Darren's largely pop music singing ability didn't serve either very well here IMO, to say nothing of Dan's singing/Darren's acting, which weren't lauded to begin with. Darren did worse, not because his run was shorter but because his preparation period was, in and out, I suspect, of formal rehearsals. Nick Jonas, who, as evidenced by his Marius, is not a particularly gifted singer or actor, was probably the best because he had much more experience having to project and sing Broadway repertoire and his only strength in acting is probably comedic. He was still subpar.

The thing is, the producers of the Porgy & Bess or Follies revival this year were not looking for mediocre performers, especially not in the lead roles. People like Audra and Bernadette may have had an advantage because they were Broadway-famous, but 'hot' young tween-magnets would not. So for some things the ability to bring in $$$$ (at least for now) will help, for others screwed up lines, weak singing and, going by simplified choreography, dancing, not to mention some loud and obnoxious stans with no concept of Broadway etiquette, will be all they need to decide against casting him.

fantastica wrote:^ but I heard they actually wanted DC back to H2S this summer. so money speak louder than anything.

you see, if you have a very good production, you don't need big names to get repeated viewing because word of mouth will sell it fast, in the long run. This is how some unknown actors break out because of their steller performances in a show/movie that's genuinely good in everyway (the "helper" comes to mind). when you have a mediocre production, you need big names to sell it. but still, movies like NYE w/ so many big stars can save an otherwise luckbuster movie. I am not saying NYE is bad. its just forgetable.

I miss the days on Broadway before they started putting big names in the show. I go to New York at least once or twice a year, and I have seen some amazingly talented performers who are true triple threats. I've seen lots of famous actors in musicals, and they are really hit or miss. Some were pretty amazing (Eric McCormick in the Music Man, and Ana Gastayer in Rocky Horror to name a couple). Some were downright scary (Luke Perry as Brad in Rocky Horror is something I wish I never saw). Everytime you put a "big name" in a Broadway show, they are taking an opportunity away from a David Elder, Jeremy Kushnier, or a Michael Arnold. Who are those guys, I am sure you are asking. Well, those are three of the most talented actors I have ever seen onstage--actors who made me open my playbill to see who they were after I saw them in a show, and I still remember their names over 15 years later.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:04 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

- Nick is the better singer (only just, I hated him in Les Miserables 25th) but doesn't have much stage presence and his dancing skills are very stiff.
- Daniel has a surprisingly good voice (not topnotch Broadway standard, but good enough), and notice his vibrato! Daniel has a superb stage presence and plays his character convincingly. He's not the best dancer, but he is doing alright in this choreography. He also worked his butt off practicing and in every performance, and it shows, it's all very fluent.
- Darren's voice is not capable of bearing the Broadway load, sorry. He's got a nice voice, but it's too small and not strong enough for musical. His dancing is okay but too loosely/casual, although I like his goofiness on stage. Problem is I still see Darren, and not his character in H2$. I have the same problem with Nick Jonas, tbh.

In short: Daniel wins this divo-off, hands down. Nick and Darren are just stunt-casting, and looking at the $$$ Darren brought in, it worked. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and fans screaming and clapping in the middle of a song on Broadway..... oy, bad, very bad. Stupid Darren-fans. dryy

Thanks for your critique, Marie.

I saw Daniel in H2S about two months into his run. I enjoyed his performance. I thought he was OK vocally, but not spetacular--he wouldn't have been cast in the role if he wasn't Daniel Radcliffe. Acting wise, he was adorable and charming onstage. One thing I thought he did better than any other "big name" actor I've seen in a Broadway show is blend in with the rest of the cast. A lot of the "big names" I've seen tend to over do it, and pull focus from the show with their presence, but Dan blended in with the cast really well.

Watching the three performances you posted in a row was interesting. I have to say that with Darren, it almost feels like you're listening to a high school kid thrown into a professional Broadway cast for a night. His voice just doesn't blend right with the group singing.

As for Nick, I thought he sounded decent. He definitely has a nice voice. I hated him in Les Mis, but in his defense, I thought he was too young to play Marius.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:19 pm

Carousel wrote:Marie - thank you for this. How nice to have a comparison and see them all in action.

I see now why people say Darren's voice is thin and it sounded like he was having trouble holding some of the notes. I wonder how Darren would do if had to do a much longer run. Marie, do you think his voice would hold out? People seemed to think his voice sounded tired in Love Shack, which he did right after returning from NY.

I loved DanRads energy and was surprised by his voice - nicer than I expected.

I liked Nick's voice but I do see where he is more wooden.

What I do not understand is Darren has a theater degree, yes? Did he expect to perform on stage, and why a musical if he knows he does not have a Broadway voice? Wouldn't you think he would have taken singing lessons? DanRad practiced for what- a year? Darren does not seem to think he needs to put any effort in and that is going to tell in the long run.

I have some input on your questions, Carrie. Performing eight shows a week is taxing on any actor, espeically on days when they have two shows. From talking to some of my friends who have done Broadway, and just from going to so many shows, I can tell you that a lot of them have trouble by their seventh and eighth performances of the week. They may not be able to belt the notes with as much power, or their voice may crack a bit more than it did earlier in the week. Back when Rent first came out, I got to know Anthony Rapp pretty well, and would take weekend trips to go see him in the show. There were times when he wouldn't even speak to any of us between shows because he was trying to conserve his voice for the show.

So those videos Marie posted, if Darren was performing his second show of the day at the end of the week, he might not have had the power that he did on day one after a day of rest.

When Kristin Chenoweth was in Wicked, she missed a lot of shows because she needed vocal rest because the role was so challenging vocally. I think that in part, it really depends on the amount of singing, and the amount of belting in a particular role as much as the strength of the actor's voice.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:29 pm

brisallie wrote:
About the fans screaming, probably because of Darren they sold more tickets - Can anybody confirm this info please?- but this's Broadway not a concert ¬¬ It's ok if people want to applause but please girls DON'T SCREAM.

I don't think that the screaming is exclusively a Darren stan thing. I think that the "teen idol" type stars bring in a younger crowd and the big name stars bring in people who have never gone to a show, and just don't know Broadway ettiquette. When I saw Dan in H2$, there was a fan there who shouted out a Harry Potter reference in the middle of the show. I have seen inappropriate behavior in the crowd at many performances where there was a big name on stage. My friend actually sat next to a young woman who flashed her boobs at Hugh Jackman during a performance of "The Boy From Oz." I have sat next to kids at show who will spend the time texting when their heart throb isn't onstage or scream on the top of their lungs the second he steps on stage. It gets really annoying sometimes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 10:32 pm

^^Rent is pretty taxing (one of my voice teacher's students just completely lost her singing voice from doing it for a while), the leads in Wicked definitely are too. I think Elena Roger in Evita has someone else doing a couple shows a weak and that probably goes for any Christines too.

^ I can't help to comment on the "marilyn Monroe" in your signature that her arms are massive! If they are shown on Chris' body i am sure everybody will umf for hours.
LOL yes, that's Megan Hilty as Marilyn on Smash, I chose it because her dress there is like Marilyn's in The 7 Year Itch, which I've just realized sort of relates to the Glee contract debacle. And Chris/tank top is a good ship.

I miss the days on Broadway before they started putting big names in the show. I go to New York at least once or twice a year, and I have seen some amazingly talented performers who are true triple threats. I've seen lots of famous actors in musicals, and they are really hit or miss. Some were pretty amazing (Eric McCormick in the Music Man, and Ana Gastayer in Rocky Horror to name a couple). Some were downright scary (Luke Perry as Brad in Rocky Horror is something I wish I never saw). Everytime you put a "big name" in a Broadway show, they are taking an opportunity away from a David Elder, Jeremy Kushnier, or a Michael Arnold. Who are those guys, I am sure you are asking. Well, those are three of the most talented actors I have ever seen onstage--actors who made me open my playbill to see who they were after I saw them in a show, and I still remember their names over 15 years later.
I know Audra McDonald is a big theatre name, but she was really quite brilliant in Porgy & Bess, no one could have been better IMO so I love the casting for that and Follies. The biggest problem with this production of H2$ and others like it is that they could be finding new young triple threats and they're not or they're putting them in smaller parts or not as good/iconic ones. It is annoying.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 10:36 pm

I recall seeing a quote of Patty Lapone dissing the trend of stunt casting on bway shows by famous screen actors. She felt these actors are not truly dedicated to the art of theater when their run is only a few months. It would be real test if they can perform day and day out for a whole year or more. or something like that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:39 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:I've gone to so many Tanglewood/Jordan Hall concerts at this point that I'd have a harder time conducting myself at a rock concert, LOL. But I did hear that Darren fans wore a lot of Warblers blazers, Hogwarts/AVPM apparel or just generally imformal tween clothes and were both loud and uncouth. I'd like to send all of them to my old music camp where we needed to bring about 5 outfits worth of formal recital dress and two all white choral outfits, with no low necklines or short skirt lengths and sit through a long performance of classical music at least every other day in the summer. They wouldn't last long.

I have to say that when I went to see Chris at the New Yorker festival, it was really interesting watching the crowd as I waited in line to get in. I was surrounded by a lot of clique groups of girls who seemed to know each other through tumblr, and some of them were extremely catty. There was one group of Darren stans there who were extremely obnoxious--they all came in pink sunglasses, some had warbler ties if memory serves me correctly, and they went on and on about him the entire time. I remember getting really annoyed when they showed Darren on the screen, and people cheered, and some even screamed, "Yay Darren" when he was on the screen behind Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 10:45 pm

^ that's why i can't wait for chris to get off glee and get an older, more mature fan base. or at least breakup klaine so chris and darren are not bundled together whenever one of them is mentioned.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:51 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:^^Rent is pretty taxing (one of my voice teacher's students just completely lost her singing voice from doing it for a while), the leads in Wicked definitely are too. I think Elena Roger in Evita has someone else doing a couple shows a weak and that probably goes for any Christines too.

I know Audra McDonald is a big theatre name, but she was really quite brilliant in Porgy & Bess, no one could have been better IMO so I love the casting for that and Follies. The biggest problem with this production of H2$ and others like it is that they could be finding new young triple threats and they're not or they're putting them in smaller parts or not as good/iconic ones. It is annoying.

There have been quite a few shows where they'll have subs performe twice a week for the bigger roles--definitely for Christines in Phantom, and even the Phantom, it think. I think even some of the Elphabas have wound up with permanent subs.

With the big name stars, it's kind of the luck of the draw when you see them. When you have a big name in a show, it's rare for them to take a day off for vocal rest because there are people in the audience who buy a ticket specifically to see the named actor, and they don't want to have to deal with people complaining and trying to get refunds. I mean, how would you feel if you spent $130 for a ticket to see Dan Radcliffe in a show, spent money to go to NY to see him, and get to the theatre and find out he's not in it? If it's a "no name" actor, people won't care, but if Dan or Darren, or Nick is out, people are going to bitch about it.

Audra McDonald is amazing. I've seen her in a few shows, most notably "Ragtime" with Brian Stokes Mitchell (and maybe Lea, hehe--I still need to find that playbill). She has an amazingly powerful voice.

Regarding the bolded, I totally agree with you. It's really too bad that the stunt casting happens so much now. Going back to Rent for a second, that show has launched quite a few careers. Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs, and Jesse L. Martin were all in that original cast, and the have all done all right. The cast also featured Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp, who may not be household names, but both have been doing OK in the entertainment field since then.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:54 pm

fantastica wrote:I recall seeing a quote of Patty Lapone dissing the trend of stunt casting on bway shows by famous screen actors. She felt these actors are not truly dedicated to the art of theater when their run is only a few months. It would be real test if they can perform day and day out for a whole year or more. or something like that.

That's why I give Dan some credit. He really wanted to do the show, and he worked hard to make a good performance for the audience.

I once saw Christian Slater in a play (not a musical), and he was horrible. He couldn't project, and he had horrible stage presence. I will say Ethan Hawke is phenominal on stage, and Susan Sarandon is larger than life.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 10:55 pm

My main issue with those big names tends to be singing ability and I don't mind as much if they're in plays; Jessica Chastain is apparently doing a revival of The Heiress next year probably for having a breakout movie year and I'm not complaining, quite the opposite, but sometimes they're problematic acting-wise too. I wasn't crazy about Jude Law as Hamlet for instance, his big monologue was quite hard and it may well be as a screen actor he had more struggles with memorisation, which wasn't perfect during his run.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 10:56 pm

fantastica wrote:^ that's why i can't wait for chris to get off glee and get an older, more mature fan base. or at least breakup klaine so chris and darren are not bundled together whenever one of them is mentioned.

I can't wait for the day when Chris isn't tied at the hip to Darren in the eyes of the fandom. He is too good to have to put up with this much longer. It has to be frustrating for him to deal with all the Darren and Klaine stans and the silly questions when he is so serious and dedicated to the craft of acting.

My gosh, I've spent like two hours in this thread tonight.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 11:20 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

I don't think that the screaming is exclusively a Darren stan thing. I think that the "teen idol" type stars bring in a younger crowd and the big name stars bring in people who have never gone to a show, and just don't know Broadway ettiquette. When I saw Dan in H2$, there was a fan there who shouted out a Harry Potter reference in the middle of the show. I have seen inappropriate behavior in the crowd at many performances where there was a big name on stage. My friend actually sat next to a young woman who flashed her boobs at Hugh Jackman during a performance of "The Boy From Oz." I have sat next to kids at show who will spend the time texting when their heart throb isn't onstage or scream on the top of their lungs the second he steps on stage. It gets really annoying sometimes.

She did that??? ohmy What a shameless woman!!!

Last December I went to see "The Nutcracker" to a public place ,which was full of people and most of them have never seen a ballet in their life so it was like a rock concert, despite I'm agree that culture should be for everyone doesn't mattering if you can afford or not for it, I couldn't enjoy the show as I wanted ¬¬ because in front of me was a little boy who stood up each two seconds and their parents were so calm.

Struck by Lightning wrote:
LOL yes, that's Megan Hilty as Marilyn on Smash, I chose it because her dress there is like Marilyn's in The 7 Year Itch, which I've just realized sort of relates to the Glee contract debacle. And Chris/tank top is a good ship.

Do you know if she work out her arms? I know this's a shallow question but they look big, toned is the right word.

... Still dreaming about a Chris/tank top picture lol

Jellyrolls wrote:

That's why I give Dan some credit. He really wanted to do the show, and he worked hard to make a good performance for the audience...

:D my teacher always told me that if there's no motivation to do things, probably you won't do your best.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 11:30 pm

I have read that changes in who votes for Tony's put big names (like movie stars, not Darren or Nick) at an advantage, but I think some also try to counteract that by shutting them out of nominations. I would understand that completely TBH; the 2010 Tony Awards acting wins went to a lot of Hollywood people, some IMO without a good reason.

Do you know if she work out her arms? I know this's a shallow question but they look big, toned is the right word.
I only really know her from Smash TBH, but she dances a lot I guess.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 12:16 am

looks like she does a lot of pushups or pullups too. Wink

p.s. it's been a fun day here!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2012, 12:18 am

fantastica wrote:looks like she does a lot of pushups or pullups too. Wink

p.s. it's been a fun day here!

Are you saying that she wears pushup bras and pull up diapers (just like you do).

It's always fun when I'm around.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2012, 12:20 am

^ you weren't there most of hte day though. it was fun before. you are always trying to steal the credits. :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next