Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 6:31 pm

Need, too! The only one I remember is the Glee 3D Movie red carpet interviews when they asked him about Klaine and he said he was a huge fan and hoped it continued.

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel 3/11/2012, 6:32 pm

I don't like Darren, and I think a lot of the criticism is true. I think the blind item is true too. I think it's disgusting and it's one of the reasons I have trouble tolerating Darren on Glee. Same for Naya and her writer.
And I don't mind talking about that here, in the snark and bark thread, or in some other gossiping thread on this forum. It's a relief to talk about the blind item or other things that bother us. I think that is what is lacking over at Glee Forum: a negative thread to vent.

However:
If I understand correctly what you wrote, @Shinra, you think that this entire forum should be a place where people can bash any other actor in Glee, any other person, in every thread they like, as long as it is not Kurt or Chris? That's some way to set the tone in here.
I don't think that Chris would want a forum that is dedicated to him and his character Kurt to be full of dislike for real people Chris knows and works with every day. And it's certainly not something I expected from people who admire Kurt for his warm and forgiving nature.

I'm not saying to stop talking critically about Blaine/Darren or other characters/actors in the other threads in this forum.
But I thought the whole purpose of this snark and bark thread is to keep the other threads on this forum free from too much snark and bark: to have the pure criticism on those threads if the discussion validates that, but without the venom of simple frustrated venting. To keep all the real nasty comments and dirty speculation in an isolated area on this forum.

All I ask is to bring the dirt and nastiness here, but to keep the other threads within reasonable boundaries, and to stop bringing Blaine/Darren up every other post to kick him in the balls simply because we can. To control ourselves without the need of being moderated. To put our love for Kurt and Chris first when we discuss, and not our dislike for Blaine or Darren. We're all adults, it shouldn't be so hard to do.

And think about it: what if Klaine does not break up at the end of season 3?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 6:43 pm

I think what Shinra was saying is that we enuf of being moderated to death over at GF. This was set up to be a place we could vent without worrying about crossover, which is bound to happen. You are asking us to, again, control ourselves and watch our words because we are in the wrong thread. That is exactly what we were trying to get away from. If it leaks over, it leaks, and we don't think it's that big a deal. Something else always comes up to change the discussion. We love Chris, we mean no disrespect to him, and I'm also sure he will not coming looking for us. He has too much else going on in his life. And if they don't break up = we'll bitch and moan, but continue watching for Chris. I adore Chris and I will follow him forever, but I do not need to idolize him.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 6:43 pm

Marie: I think all of us want to keep the snarky remarks within this thread only, but I found myself from time to time forgot which thread i am in, especially when the thread moves fast and you jump from thread to thread and it's easy to forget. But I always try to keep any potentially offensive remarkes to this thread. If you see something you don't like elsewhere in the future, you are welcome to remind the poster to move it to this thread. I have done that to Carrie before and that girl's got a loose brain and needs to be spanked every now and then to behave. tonguue

about what happen if klein doesn't breakup - if the Fab four indeed will go to NY, blaine won't follow, so klaine won't be together physically and that's ok for me. I will just skip all the high school scenes in my rewatch and concentrate on the NYers. but if hte Hummelberry don't make it to NY, what do you think will happen? don't you think all of us will flip like mad? I guess we will continue to stab Blaine the voodoo doll and bitch about the writers to no end - what else can we do other than quitting?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/11/2012, 6:46 pm

You surely haven't heard him talking about klaine at the Trevor Live Event and smiling to the camera...
...Do I want to? unsure

I didn't have much reason to believe that blind item when it appeared, RIB had made tons of cash on S2 Blaine solos and would thusly have him sing a lot early this season. Now they've had time to adjust to him selling worse than several others, and not a lot better than anybody. They haven't, so I could believe it.

Santana might be getting a lot of unnecessary songs this season, or have started getting them because Naya's dating that writer, but SL-wise, I sort of just wish she'd start dating a more competant one instead. phr34r
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 6:47 pm

I have done that to Carrie before and that girl's got a loose brain and needs to be spanked every now and then to behave.

and you have a hairball for a brain and this penchant for wanting to spank me!! I think that is very kinky and I may have to report you sw022

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/11/2012, 6:53 pm

@fantastica: Seriously, you expect me to remember what he said Smile Especially since I need to listen at least 3 times sth to understand it in english lol. In summary, he was talking about klaine, I don't know what he said precisely but I can recognize the topic of discussion from the words I catch. The thing is he was all smile, he had a way to approach the camera that I really didn't like, like someone who was watching out for the right time to get close to the interviewers (they were busy with some other guests the first time he passed by). It's pretty old now but the impression I got is it was someone who was having fun, while the others persons interviewed made or tried to make the viewers feel about the seriousness of the event.

edit: geez, another bunch of new posts while i was typing T_T
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/11/2012, 6:57 pm

You chose to think our thinking Darren attending the Prop 8 play was hateful.

Nope, and I don't think your point of view is unacceptable. It's absolutely fine to express yourself on that. I just didn't think Darren's behavior was as bad as you did. Mileage varies.

I also think he has no business at all outshining Chris, who is very much the more talented of the two. That's the fault of the show runners, and these are the people with whom I personally have the real beef.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 7:02 pm

Well, Chris brought them the awards, but I think they were more interested in bringing in the music money and pandering to the fans. Since they have done that, the viewership has dropped quite a bit. They had a fantastic show and just about shredded it to nothing. Unfortunately, what I see on twitter is a bunch of girls swearing their support for the LGBT community, but really asking for the "queer' couples to have romantic scenes. And where do you think the Finchel wedding stuff came from? Pandering to those fans.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 7:02 pm

Carousel wrote:and you have a hairball for a brain and this penchant for wanting to spank me!! I think that is very kinky and I may have to report you sw022
ok report me to the Jedi counsil. I will send my lawyer there.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/11/2012, 7:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
However:
If I understand correctly what you wrote, @Shinra, you think that this entire forum should be a place where people can bash any other actor in Glee, any other person, in every thread they like, as long as it is not Kurt or Chris? That's some way to set the tone in here.
I don't think that Chris would want a forum that is dedicated to him and his character Kurt to be full of dislike for real people Chris knows and works with every day. And it's certainly not something I expected from people who admire Kurt for his warm and forgiving nature.
why bashing? If people are free to speak their mind, that doesn't mean everybody will jump on the opportunity to bash the characters/actors for the sake of bashing in every thread of the board lol. The main point is: you don't have to censor yourself anywhere on the board and if you feel like saying sth really nasty, you can go to this thread, that's all. Mistakes are tolerated.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 7:13 pm

CloveGlee wrote:I also think he has no business at all outshining Chris, who is very much the more talented of the two. That's the fault of the show runners, and these are the people with whom I personally have the real beef.
Agreed. But if you look at Chris, he always stand at hte back/side/corner in group photoshoots. He skipped red carpet at Trevor event while the rest of hte crowd looked up to him like a God. He praises crews and people who work tirelessly behind the camera but never get appreciated/acknowledged. He doesn't go on and on to pander fans and feed them everything they want to hear but he himself doens't believe in. He IS genuine and honest and that's a very rare trait among hollywood celebrities.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 7:18 pm

it will be interesting to see if his part in Prop 8, which was praised, and his movie getting into Tribeca will make any difference in what is written for him at the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 7:19 pm

Carousel wrote:but I think they were more interested in bringing in the music money and pandering to the fans. Since they have done that, the viewership has dropped quite a bit. They had a fantastic show and just about shredded it to nothing..
I afraid they need the please the fans more than ever now. Glee has lost a lot of casual viewers and they can't afford to lose more. they desperately need to please the fans to keep them happy and staying w/ the show. also when these vocal fans bitch about the show it creates such negative impression for the media/GA its' not good PR for the show. At this point they have no way to keep pandering. Imagine if they don't heed to viewers' demands by retiring the Big Three - I bet they will lose half the viewership in no time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/11/2012, 7:52 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
why bashing? If people are free to speak their mind, that doesn't mean everybody will jump on the opportunity to bash the characters/actors for the sake of bashing in every thread of the board lol. The main point is: you don't have to censor yourself anywhere on the board and if you feel like saying sth really nasty, you can go to this thread, that's all. Mistakes are tolerated.

Agree Smile

I think they're things in life to be taken more seriously than this thread. As Shinra have said this's a place to express our opinion freely, besides DC won't read anything that is written here, not even other actors or RIB lol

About Chris, I really admire him , that why I'm here :D ( and because I get on well with people too) and I wish him the best for his personal and professional life but he's still a human being who has his virtues and defects for me , though I haven't see his dark side until now lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 8:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:However:

I'm not saying to stop talking critically about Blaine/Darren or other characters/actors in the other threads in this forum.
But I thought the whole purpose of this snark and bark thread is to keep the other threads on this forum free from too much snark and bark: to have the pure criticism on those threads if the discussion validates that, but without the venom of simple frustrated venting. To keep all the real nasty comments and dirty speculation in an isolated area on this forum.

All I ask is to bring the dirt and nastiness here, but to keep the other threads within reasonable boundaries, and to stop bringing Blaine/Darren up every other post to kick him in the balls simply because we can. To control ourselves without the need of being moderated. To put our love for Kurt and Chris first when we discuss, and not our dislike for Blaine or Darren. We're all adults, it shouldn't be so hard to do.

And think about it: what if Klaine does not break up at the end of season 3?

Marie, I don't think Shinra is trying to imply this board allows bashing all over. Critical discussion is allowed, but extended vents come here. That is what the plan was all along. If people feel it's getting out of hand, report the post by clicking on the black box with the red exclamation point that appears on every post, or send Shinra and I a message and we can take a look at it and move it to snark and bark if we feel that it is necessary. Sometimes in the course of a normal conversation, things can go too far.

This board is only a few weeks old. It takes time to adjust. We're all still getting used to this forum.

I just reviewed the Kurt/Chris apprececiation thread, and I see some posts that probably should have been moved here regarding the 8 discussion. I'll admit that Shinra and I can be a bit better about moving that kind of stuff to snark and bark (or suggesting to move the discussion to snark and bark when it starts to cross a line). But I think we've been a bit cautious about that because we don't want to fall into the over moderation that we all experienced over on the Glee Forum, and that's what we thought everyone wanted. I'll admit that there have been times when I thought that things sould probably have been moved to snark and bark, but I've taken a hands off approach to moderating because people want more freedom here.

One thing I think we all need to remember though, is that we all have different sensitivity levels, and some of us my find things to cross the line sooner than most other people. It's ultimately going to be up to Shinra and I to decide when things get out of hand.

I can't guarantee everyone is going to agree with us all the time, but we can do our best to fair and consistent.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 8:17 pm

^ hug hte mods.

now give me a cookie!!!

Last edited by fantastica on 3/11/2012, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 8:18 pm

if we become as moderated as GF, there was no sense in developing this forum - and there will always be leakage because one thing leads to another and - as Fantastica said - sometimes you forget where you are. I do not want to have to go back to worrying about every word I say because it might offend someone. Nothing is ever stopping you from posting your opinion on this forum. You have a right to express them as much as the rest of us, but when it sounds like you want to patrol us, then it will be time for me to bow out. I got out of GF for just that reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 8:21 pm

Carousel wrote:if we become as moderated as GF, there was no sense in developing this forum - and there will always be leakage because one thing leads to another and - as Fantastica said - sometimes you forget where you are. I do not want to have to go back to worrying about every word I say because it might offend someone. Nothing is ever stopping you from posting your opinion on this forum. You have a right to express them as much as the rest of us, but when it sounds like you want to patrol us, then it will be time for me to bow out. I got out of GF for just that reason.

It's not going to be a partroling or censoring thing. It would just be a friendly suggestion of moving discussion to the snark and bark thread or Shinra and I moving things here if they get out of hand. You don't have to worry about it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 8:26 pm

seriously, everything we have discussed is constructive. we want everybody to enjoy being here and have fun, and I personally respect everybodys' opinions. I don't mind if klainers want to set up a shipping thread or DC appreciation thread in the community board (as long as they don't bash Chris there), and I don't mind if they want to come in and tell us our opinion of DC/blaine is wrong (just not a categorical "you guys are haters" and "you should stop"). I wasn't mad at the Blainers coming to KHAT to argue even if they are obnoxious. I do mind when they reported and the mods came in and shut us all up. I think like every new country who overthrows the dictorship and tries to establish a new democracy there's going to some trial and errors but in the long run, things will settle and we will all feel comfortable here.

Carrie, we are not talking about censorship here. I found myself numerous times not sure which thread I was in and what I could say or not say, so leakage is quite normal. I know you are more sloppy than I am. tonguue Don't worry about that. let the mods/suckers do their job. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 8:45 pm

OK - I will say this honestly. I came here because it is a CHRIS COLFER Fan Forum, not a Blaine, Klaine or Darren forum. If you start bringing that stuff here, it will lead to problems. I don't want him here, anyone more than I want Rachel Thread or a Mercedes Thread. Selfish, yes! We speak of those characters because they are part of his stories, but they are NOT my focus. It is not my forum so you can do what you wish, but at that point I leave. Not a threat, just stating my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 8:50 pm

OK, just to be clear, this is a Chris forum. If people want to start a Klaine thread, it's perfectly fine because it is Chris related. But I probably wouldn't encourage people to start threads for other actors or characters on the community board, because this isn't a Glee forum.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 8:55 pm

I am not saying I want to post a DC or Lea appreciation thread here. I am just saying that personally I am quite tolerant of others who have different opinion as mine. I have a mom who is a Christian and I am an athiest. I drive her to churches and prayer/bible study groups. As long as she doens't try evanglize me I am perfectly fine w/ our differences. I can let other people speak as long as they also let me speak. that's my definition of freedom.

I am glad I am not hte admin/mod here. It's a thankless job requiring a lot of hard work and making decisions that can potentially piss people off. kudos to the mods.

Carrie though, deserves some good kinky spanking ... (by Chris). tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 8:59 pm

fantastica wrote:I am not saying I want to post a DC or Lea appreciation thread here. I am just saying that personally I am quite tolerant of others who have different opinion as mine. I have a mom who is a Christian and I am an athiest. I drive her to churches and prayer/bible study groups. As long as she doens't try evanglize me I am perfectly fine w/ our differences. I can let other people speak as long as they also let me speak. that's my definition of freedom.

Just wait until I figure out a way to get your computer to squirt holy water at you every time you post, Kim Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 9:03 pm

It seems to me allowing those things turn you right back into what you got away from - the KHAT If you want a Glee Forum, go back to GF and post there. They have all those appreciation threads and you can still post there whenever you want, which many of you do. I was tired of being blitzed for expressing an opinion some did not like and were very vocal about. I will NOT do that again. All respect to Marie and her very knowledgeable singing information, but what she is saying here sounds exactly like what she wants the KHAT to be - and this was not set up for that purpose. This is not about Glee - or ships - and I do not see the need for a Klaine thread. We have done fine without it so far. But, as I said, it is not my forum and you will do what is best for the majority.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next