Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 6:13 am

I am hoping Seb has gone for the rest of the season. We still have Gloria, Jeff, Alex, Joe and whoever else will come in. And at least one more with Max. They cram so much into every episode that they all fly by with hardly any resolution. I am frankly hoping, with Ryan probably less involved, that maybe Blaine will be less involved as well. HA - not likely, but I could wish!!

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Shinra17 3/7/2012, 7:03 am

arina wrote:It's interesting how one person can make so much different impression on different people.
Thankfully, because we are all different people with different sensitivity, different experience of human behaviour and different knowledge or experience in the artistic fields.

fantastica wrote:
arina wrote:I don't know if it just me but in every interview I read with Grant he calls Chris "Colfer" and it quite of annoys me.
I think either he should call everyone by last name or first name, but he always says "Darren and Colfer" or "Harry, Kevin, Darren and Colfer" and it sounds weird. Well now I am nitpicking myself. Razz
It's possible that he is trying to make sure he doesn't mean "Criss", but I don't know. It does sound very distant.
At the same time he was the only one with Dot to tweet Chris about the hospital scene. Maybe it's a way to put Chris in another league than the others without being too formal (by saying Harry, Kevin and Chris Colfer").

fantastica wrote:Probably because he feels that Dc pushes him to b regular. He knows where his loyalty strands. Honestly I don't care. Im annoyed by his character already.
DC also pushes for the warblers, according to the interview of one of the warbler (don't remember his name and don't want to) I've read.

Last edited by Shinra17 on 3/7/2012, 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 7:20 am

Darren very definitely wanted to stay at Dalton with the Warblers, but could not talk Ryan into that. I had read, and take this with a grain of salt, the he wanted to stay at Dalton cuz he was the big man there and would not be at McKinley. Too bad Ryan decided to bring them back, but I guess that was the only way he could figure out to work in Sebby. That story line turned into a big nothing. I don't see the point in bringing the character back, but they might need him for ND next season (remember the magic number 12) altho they really need to get some girls in. I cannot believe they would even consider failing Puck. He looks way too old now!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/7/2012, 7:45 am

Yeah, by staying at Dalton, he would have gotten songs (solos and lead in group numbers) but nearly no storylines since the serie focuses on McKinley. That's finally what he gets this season even though he had to transfer lol. It's crazy to think that he wanted the producers to rent a second location all the season just for him Rolling Eyes
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 8:00 am

Nobody said he lacked ego. He seemed to think he had a good chance of talking Ryan into it, but it is FOX that pays for the show and I imagine they did not want to spend the money. Now that they have him out of Dalton, they don't seem to know how to write for him. He sings, but really has had no character growth, and it seems the minute you think there might be some, the storyline falls apart. They had WSS to work with, they had Sebastian, and none of that developed into anything for Blaine development but seemed to end up being about Kurt (not that I am complaining), I will be interested in seeing if this next ep - supposedly Blaine centric - is really about him. They have the wedding to resolve, the car crash, the skate park, and senior skip day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 8:45 am

dap1217 wrote:Normally I don't care these things,no attention no career for this business.But I don't know why I find DC or GG and those warblers are a little pathetic,maybe because their intentions are too obvious. neutre

PS:I like GG a lot.

My take on this: People with less talent need to get out there and appear at things to get their name and face out there--they have to work harder to get exposure. People with more talent who are critically acclaimed will have people come to them--their work will make people seek them out.

fantastica wrote:I honeslty don't care about Sebby and I am perfectly happy if he will never return. I only want Kurt to return. Also, I am sick of this shipping thing, like high schoolers are supposed to have mates? hello? they are still kids! so I am more than happy if they just leave Kurt single for at least awhile.

I wouldn't mind if they left Kurt single for a while either. Let him focus on college.

Shinra17 wrote:
And if Darren is dropping his Starkids, I don't think the other fans of the other Starkids would be too impressed. I'm sure some are smart enough to realise Darren only cares about himself and his career, not theirs.
It's not even necessary, the little fangirls will grow up, the old ones à la Kristin Dos Santos (fyi, who can't appreciate a glee eps if there isn't a DC solo in it) will get bored, because if there is one thing that can characterize DC, it's that he don't know how to renew himself: always the same routine of face expressions, always the same dance moves like a guy who tries to hide an erection, always the same little tricks like breathing heavily at the end of each verse in a song to sound more sexy, all this will get old even if there in no new flavor around the corner...[/quote]

You really hit the nail on the head here, Shinra. Everything is the same with Darren.

ColferInspired wrote:
Max doesn't ride on someone else popularity like Darren does. Darren brings up Klaine pretends he loves it because it is popular.

He gets the CrissColfer fans all worked up by mentioning Chris (which I'm glad he isn't doing anymore) and talking like they could be a couple someday. I know it was meant be in jest, but a joke is a joke. Stop trying to add to it.

I think Darren has been in the past riding on Chris's populararity, Glee's popular and the popularity of Klaine.

This is exactly what I felt about Darren (especially last summer). I think he took the momentum of being part of Klaine and working closely with the most talked about the actor on the show to build up his own fanbase and popularity. He road up on Chris' coattails and reached the point where he had built up enough of a following that he could jump off those coattails.

Just as an added comment, I happen to be watching Born This Way as I typed this and I stopped typing when "As If We Never Said Goodbye" came on. I've probably watched that performance close to 200 times, and it brings tears to my eyes ever single time. I don't think Darren could do something that would have that affect on me.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/7/2012, 9:05 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
This is exactly what I felt about Darren (especially last summer). I think he took the momentum of being part of Klaine and working closely with the most talked about the actor on the show to build up his own fanbase and popularity. He road up on Chris' coattails and reached the point where he had built up enough of a following that he could jump off those coattails.

I think this is main reason why I'm not impressed with Darren. His character Blaine depended a lot on Kurt to become as popular as he did. The problem is that if Blaine had been required to draw his own fanbase using only his actor's ability to sing and act, Blaine would most likely flop. Even when it comes to singing, which no one can deny that Darren does better compared to acting, I think the a capella back-up did a lot to support Darren's voice and make him sound as good as he did.

I'm kinda wishing for the day that Glee detaches Blaine from Kurt, so that the world can see just how Blaine can fare on his own. If Darren is good enough an actor, if given enough good material, he may still be able to salvage the situation and prove to us that Blaine is boring only because of the lack of good storylines for his character, as opposed to it being a consequence of Darren being a boring and uninspiring actor.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 2:09 pm

IMO the derpy faces will always interfere with Darren's acting. We saw them first in BIOTA, then again in the "boxing" scene, and now they appear in most of his songs. I don't think we ever saw them in his singing until Raise Your Glass, where they actually fit in. But I thought it ruined Cough Syrup. I know in theater you do a lot of over-emoting, but there are many actors who have done both stage and screen and manage to adjust to the change. Even Matt doesn't do those kind of faces. So far any scene they have given that entails "drama" he seems to fall flat in. For me, the auditorium scene in TFT where he was holding back tears, was the first time I thought he carried it off.

I don't know if Darren decided to "act younger" this year, or if they asked him to do that, but it certainly, for me, ruined a character they spent last season building up - the dapper mentor. Now I don't know what he is and I don't know if they don't write for him because of that, or because of his acting. They had WSS story and let that drop, they had Sebastian, and that went nowhere (except me loving my snarky Kurt). Even if they give him a backstory in this coming ep, I think it is too late for me to get invested in that character again. All his development happened last season and I don't think we have seen any this season and it is almost over.

I do find his many red carpet appearances to be a little excessive. I can imagine going from pretty much a nobody to everybody panting over your body is a great ego booster. (I have to admit I do not see the attraction, but that is just a matter of taste.) Bringing in 4 million dollars in 3 weeks of Broadway is a testament to how much your fans are willing to spend. And since money is the final determination in this economy, I imagine we'll see more of him there. I am surprised they have not brought out an album because this is the time it would sell. Depending on how he does in Imogene, he may get more movie parts. It might just be Darren playing Darren but a lot of females will pay money for that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 2:48 pm

Over time I’ve realized that whoring Blaine out to the media is a bit of a joint effort between Darren, RM (whether the rumors are true or not), and some truly crazy, immature fangirls, but I don’t think I can blame Darren’s presence at 8 or the Time 100 party on anyone other than him. If it seemed like he was particular friends with Chris at other Glee events I’d be fine with it, but as it is it comes off entirely as him begging for any invites he wasn’t talented enough to get.

TBH, I could like Grant; he gained a few points with me for having a more Broadway-like voice, but he’s been so linked to the Warblers and enamored with them, obviously for his own gain, since he began, that he’s almost as dead to me as Sebastian and his mediocre pop songs and his ‘sex on a stick’ comments. His and Darren's joint publicity team also seems to have a certain trademark pushiness.
I don't know why I have this impression that lots of actors/singers from Warblers are hard attention/fame seekers.
This is how I see them TBH. Even the nice(r) ones I can’t stand when they’re talking about the ‘amazing Warbler phenomenon’. And then there’s the one who went on and on about Ron Paul’s speeches being so inspiring or the one who wanted his character “get Santana back on the other side”, and that really pisses me off, not that they have those opinions, I can deal with people thinking whatever they want to, but that a show which prides itself on gay rights stances like Glee keeps these actors around as glorified extras without any accountability and their only fans, Klaine fans, are even more forgiving. It’s like Dalton exists in a Glee vacuum where nobody even has to pretend to care about more than money/cute boys.
I heard about DC's H2S pissed off a lot of regular actors on the show, because he made it like he was the only reason audiences came (well, it's probably mostly true consider that many of his fans wouldn't bother seeing any bway shows if not because of him, but a show is pulled together by the talent of many, not just one), and staged mass fan riots.
Whoever it was playing Rosemary seemed a bit pissed off, like, here’s a guy who has neither vibrato nor especially good looks and, unlike Dan Radcliffe, isn’t a big celebrity and can’t remember some of his lines and all his stans are more crass/loud/obsessed than pretty much any others. I might be reading too much into it but she didn’t seem impressed.
And he has said he wants to bring Starkids to Broadway in five years and it may be his best bet for that kind of success. I know a lot of people think the Starkids have more acting ability than he does.
I'd like to see him try to get AVPM on Broadway after Dan said this:
Do you think Potter would work on stage?

Erm… [makes a horrified face]. I’ve been asked. I know Darren Criss did the Very Potter musical, but I don’t think there should ever be an official version of it. I don’t think Jo would sanction that either, I’m pleased to say.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1234297/daniel_radcliffe_interview_the_woman_in_black_hammer_the_british_film_industry_and_harry_potter.html
moque
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 2:58 pm

HA HA - we already know J Rowling would never agree to AVPM on Broadway or a movie, that would take the bucks out of her pocket and why should she share what is basically her idea that someone else added music to. Harry Potter is HER baby! I don't think any of the Potter kids were thrilled with the AVPM stuff. I know Rupert (Ron Weasley) said some uncomplimentary things. I think Daniel is just too classy to do that.

They certainly made a big deal about Darren showing up at any Harry Potter event he could. And why was he at Prop 8?? He had no part in it and he and Chris are not that friendly. In fact, the rumors have been there is a strain between them since Darren expected to have a bigger part in this season's shows.

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 3:55 pm

I'd like to see him try to get AVPM on Broadway after Dan said this:

Do you think Potter would work on stage?

Erm… [makes a horrified face]. I’ve been asked. I know Darren Criss did the Very Potter musical, but I don’t think there should ever be an official version of it. I don’t think Jo would sanction that either, I’m pleased to say.

Excuse me???! He said what???! As a huge HP fan and though I like AVPM, I don't think so is for Broadway and I'm agree with Dan about it, but I'm not as polite as he is, besides today I'm angrier than ever dryy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/7/2012, 4:02 pm

OT tbh,I don't know why people think DC has a kick-ass PR team,from what they have done to promote him,not smart at all,some are very short sight.Are these people really think DC won't have a long career so they just grip all the possible opportunities make him be in the spotlight?If they considered carefully what's good for DC,they should have made DC avoid following Dan's footprint.But again,almost all DC's doing is attaching himself with other's fame and success.

I have this impression CC's PR team is really standard and strict,also very smart and knows in the long run what his career should be like.And CC also is inner-directed enough to not be manipulate by others when come across what his ideal career.

Sigh,from now on I should stop comparing DC and CC or someting about them,that would be unfair.They are not on the same level at all.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 4:13 pm

Chris is more the laid back steady plodder and Darren is the "jump in and get what I can" (the tortoise and the hare?). From all the little bits I have read, everyone seems to think Darren very badly wants fame and he is going to take advantage of every opportunity to get it. Chris has had a lot of hate in his life and is probably a lot more realistic about what his chances as a gay man in Hollywood will get him. Fortunately, Chris has a lot of damn talent, not just in acting, but in writing. I keep hearing how Darren is this great song writer, but have we seen anything new from him? Seems all his online eps were written a while ago. Other than fangirls, I didn't read where his acting on Broadway was anything spectacular, and we have yet to hear about his movie (where it sounds like he is playing himself). I do not deny he has tons of charisma (that is why all those mags have a hard on for him). Maybe if we met him we would be drooling, too. Charisma will get you a long way.

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/7/2012, 4:28 pm

Carousel wrote: I keep hearing how Darren is this great song writer, but have we seen anything new from him? Seems all his online eps were written a while ago. Other than fangirls, I didn't read where his acting on Broadway was anything spectacular, and we have yet to hear about his movie (where it sounds like he is playing himself). I do not deny he has tons of charisma (that is why all those mags have a hard on for him). Maybe if we met him we would be drooling, too. Charisma will get you a long way.

I don't know what to think about his song writing.To me good songs and music are nice melody and meaningful lyric combination or at least one of them needs well done.

I'm asexual so have no idea what 'charisma' are you talking about ,can't feel it.Smile
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 4:33 pm

charm, magnetism, presence - don't you feel this from this hunk a burnin' love???

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/7/2012, 4:47 pm

Carousel wrote:charm, magnetism, presence - don't you feel this from this hunk a burnin' love???

Nope,should I be sorry?
I literally only love pretty things and wisdom.Pretty things I mean like Paris,flowers,old paintings and so on.CC is wise but he also is on my pretty things list,good for him Smile

You know my entire life never has this feelings want to do things with other people,my only strong desire once I had was kissing CC's beautiful cheek on his face wub
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 4:53 pm

I think a lot of us share that desire!!! bisou

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 3/7/2012, 5:06 pm

dap1217 wrote:
Carousel wrote:charm, magnetism, presence - don't you feel this from this hunk a burnin' love???

Nope,should I be sorry?
I literally only love pretty things and wisdom.Pretty things I mean like Paris,flowers,old paintings and so on.CC is wise but he also is on my pretty things list,good for him Smile

You know my entire life never has this feelings want to do things with other people,my only strong desire once I had was kissing CC's beautiful cheek on his face wub

I totally agree about the only strong desire...

And I dreamt about Chris last night. There was some crazy big event and he met Obama. Razz
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 6:54 pm

count me in as another asexual creature on this planet full of raging hormones. Maybe that's why I had so few celebrity crushes in my life.

In terms of charisma, the first person I think of is Bill Clinton, but to me his charisma has nothing to do w/ sexual attraction. When you hear him speak (w/o teleprompters) you just wonder how smart and articulate and knowledgeable this guy is, even if I dont agree w/ every friggin thing he says. I know many women find him attractive, but I find him appearance wise somewhat attrocious yet I do find him charismatic due to the sophistication of his brain, and he confidence and ease when he speak. obviously, he's a damn good lier when he needs to be too, but that's another story.

I do think DC has a very good PR team. They get him everywhere all over magazine covers in events in front of camera and microphone. Whatever he's doing actually fits his personality: he's more like a rock star than an actor. Lots of actors are good on screen pretend to be someone else but as themselves are quite shy or low key. But rock star personalities are loud and visible because what they are selling is not some other personalities they pretend to be but rather themselves. They rally the fans even if the crowd go crazy and rabid fans jump on them trying to suck their brains out. It excites them more than anything else, and they thrive on this kind of attention. I think DC as a screen actor is very limited but he can do fine on stage, singing and dancing. that's why his fan love him and that's what they want to see him do.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 7:26 pm

Carousel wrote:the rumors have been there is a strain between them since Darren expected to have a bigger part in this season's shows.
can i see the rumor? I am a sucker for all things gossipy... Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/7/2012, 7:32 pm

For me I have to actually meet people to experience charisma. I've seen it in some great teachers or choral/orchestral conductors I've met and in fewer stage performers I've seen, and I'm not altogether sure it's a good thing, but it is a very powerful one. It's like some kind of hypnosis. I suppose it can also feel like love or attraction. So after being puzzled for quite a long while at one or two posters on GF, I've come to conclude that by saying DC has charisma they just mean they have a bit of a crush on him, or he connects with them personally. The ones that admit he doesn't have a ton of acting ability certainly aren't able to link it to his performances in any other way. The thing is I don't want to sit through an endless stream of solos because of someone else's crush (/lapse in judgement) and certainly all of ONTD_Glee and p_f at least feel the same.

Bringing in 4 million dollars in 3 weeks of Broadway is a testament to how much your fans are willing to spend.
Yeah at this point I'm not only waiting for some of these fans to grow up but for some to run out of so much pocket change to spend. Certainly he'll have a harder time filling up to 99% capacity if people can't keep seeing 10 Broadway shows every 3 weeks. I don't see more than about 10 a year and I live a short train ride away.

But there's no denying the money is good for his chances at certain things on Broadway. Like H2$ in general was a messy production, esp. in casting. The idea seemed to be if they could get a big name they don't have to have to be able to play the part; the Rosemary seemed to be good, probably the understudies were but Beau Bridges wasn't from a large number of reports and the stars of the show were actually pretty consistently lacking; Dan's largely dramatic acting ability and Darren's largely pop music singing ability didn't serve either very well here IMO, to say nothing of Dan's singing/Darren's acting, which weren't lauded to begin with. Darren did worse, not because his run was shorter but because his preparation period was, in and out, I suspect, of formal rehearsals. Nick Jonas, who, as evidenced by his Marius, is not a particularly gifted singer or actor, was probably the best because he had much more experience having to project and sing Broadway repertoire and his only strength in acting is probably comedic. He was still subpar.

The thing is, the producers of the Porgy & Bess or Follies revival this year were not looking for mediocre performers, especially not in the lead roles. People like Audra and Bernadette may have had an advantage because they were Broadway-famous, but 'hot' young tween-magnets would not. So for some things the ability to bring in $$$$ (at least for now) will help, for others screwed up lines, weak singing and, going by simplified choreography, dancing, not to mention some loud and obnoxious stans with no concept of Broadway etiquette, will be all they need to decide against casting him.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 7:43 pm

^ but I heard they actually wanted DC back to H2S this summer. so money speak louder than anything.

you see, if you have a very good production, you don't need big names to get repeated viewing because word of mouth will sell it fast, in the long run. This is how some unknown actors break out because of their steller performances in a show/movie that's genuinely good in everyway (the "helper" comes to mind). when you have a mediocre production, you need big names to sell it. but still, movies like NYE w/ so many big stars can save an otherwise luckbuster movie. I am not saying NYE is bad. its just forgetable.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/7/2012, 8:10 pm

Well, Darren is super hot right now, in the media sense. It's no wonder they want him back in H2$. All they see are $$$ and he can bring some in, no question asked. When you ignore the fact that he doesn't have a Broadway voice, it is a perfect role for him because it's all about charm and charisma, and for man people he has it. I read numerous reviews for his performance and from what I gather - his dancing was most impressive, voice - while a very nice sound, has no real strength or projection and he has no vibrato (can hold a note to save his life). As for acting he was serviceable, but rather bland and a read numerous times that it was Darren playing Blaine playing Finch in a way. While DR played the part far to conniving and as a manipulator, DC played him like everything was happening by accident and that he was just luck - does that sound like anyone we know.

As for Harry Potter musicals - they are parodies and if JKR doesn't give them a green light I doubt they can be brought to Broadway. They have potential, but first and farmost, they are to damn long. They need a professional or at least someone with more experience to write the book, the score needs more lavish arrangements but lyrics are probably the best part of it. Acting, given that it's a parody is questionable. I found Harry and Ron far to jackass-y and completely unsympathetic and wasn't impressed with either of the actors. Lauren Lopez aka Draco, was the show stopper and she has fantastic comical timing, not to mention she did it with a British accent unlike the rest. The other outstanding performances were Voldemort, Hermione, Snape and Dumbledore.

The second musical I only saw the first act - again massive issues with the length and pacing. I don't know their other musical but from what I heard they all have similar problems.

And I agree, that DC give me more a vibe of a musician/singer/songwriter that tryes to do some acting, then an actor who is a good singer.He should focus on music because IMO that is where his future lays.

WOW, a whole post on Blarren. Creepy.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 8:16 pm

dap1217 wrote:

Nope,should I be sorry?
had was kissing CC's beautiful cheek on his face wub

You shouldn't be sorry because tastes are tastes lol

I also wish to kiss Chris's beautiful cheek :D but it wouldn't be hard to get that ,right? I mean , we only have to asking him.

... Lauren Lopez aka Draco, was the show stopper and she has fantastic comical timing, not to mention she did it with a British accent unlike the rest. The other outstanding performances were Voldemort, Hermione, Snape and Dumbledore.

She was my favorite by far!!! Next to Voldy :D
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/7/2012, 8:24 pm

I usually don't like showing someone's not so good performances, but this is Darren in H2$:

Compare that to Daniel Radcliffe:

And Nick Jonas:

- Nick is the better singer (only just, I hated him in Les Miserables 25th) but doesn't have much stage presence and his dancing skills are very stiff.
- Daniel has a surprisingly good voice (not topnotch Broadway standard, but good enough), and notice his vibrato! Daniel has a superb stage presence and plays his character convincingly. He's not the best dancer, but he is doing alright in this choreography. He also worked his butt off practicing and in every performance, and it shows, it's all very fluent.
- Darren's voice is not capable of bearing the Broadway load, sorry. He's got a nice voice, but it's too small and not strong enough for musical. His dancing is okay but too loosely/casual, although I like his goofiness on stage. Problem is I still see Darren, and not his character in H2$. I have the same problem with Nick Jonas, tbh.

In short: Daniel wins this divo-off, hands down. Nick and Darren are just stunt-casting, and looking at the $$$ Darren brought in, it worked. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and fans screaming and clapping in the middle of a song on Broadway..... oy, bad, very bad. Stupid Darren-fans. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next