Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/11/2012, 4:27 pm

I'm not trying to argue with anyone here. I was just trying to explain the way this board may be perceived. I thought the way people were talking about Darren attending the "8" production was particularly hateful.
Personally, I try to avoid talking about the cast's behavior these days, but I was very uncomfortable with what he said about the actors at 8 and what he said about Lea re: Funny Girl. I know he didn't insult either, but the comment did trivialize them to me. I apologize if the backlash for that seemed hateful; I don't hate him but I did hate that comment.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 4:39 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:
I'm not trying to argue with anyone here. I was just trying to explain the way this board may be perceived. I thought the way people were talking about Darren attending the "8" production was particularly hateful.
Personally, I try to avoid talking about the cast's behavior these days, but I was very uncomfortable with what he said about the actors at 8 and what he said about Lea re: Funny Girl. I know he didn't insult either, but the comment did trivialize them to me. I apologize if the backlash for that seemed hateful; I don't hate him but I did hate that comment.

I find in many red carpet moments he makes disingenuous comments that he thinks are funny. He'll outgrow that. I do think he seems to have toned down the herp derp, tho. At least the last pix of him have been much more normal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/11/2012, 4:50 pm

Talking about Grant, personally I think he would do better with b-way songs, and certainly better w/out the (new) Warbler backing vocals. Of course lots of people on this show need more Broadway songs. :( I don't think he's been particularly bad singing-wise though. And I'm undecided right now in terms of his acting. I'd say I want to see more, but I really don't with this show/character for other reasons.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 4:55 pm

Carousel wrote:
Struck by Lightning wrote:

I find in many red carpet moments he makes disingenuous comments that he thinks are funny. He'll outgrow that. I do think he seems to have toned down the herp derp, tho. At least the last pix of him have been much more normal.

Actually, it could be his people reining him in a bit, too. The young actors (Chris included) are apt to say and do things that come across the wrong way, or offend people. They need guidance when from their handlers to tone it down from time to time. I know during twittergate, Chris was making some comments that had me thinking, "What the heck were you thinking when you said that?"
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 4:55 pm

I like Grant, not so fond of Sebby. I think he seems rather one dimensional. Santana is a bitch, but has a vulnerability you can connect with. He does not. Maybe being redeemed will change that. I do adore his snarky interchanges with Kurt. His voice is OK, nothing I've been stunned by, but that may be a matter of the songs they have chosen. Once the Beelzebubs stopped being the backing for the Warblers, I think that whole scenerio fell apart. It is no longer an accapella group that was unusual.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 4:58 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:Talking about Grant, personally I think he would do better with b-way songs, and certainly better w/out the (new) Warbler backing vocals. Of course lots of people on this show need more Broadway songs. :( I don't think he's been particularly bad singing-wise though. And I'm undecided right now in terms of his acting. I'd say I want to see more, but I really don't with this show/character for other reasons.

I'm undecided on Grant's voice. I didn't mind him on the MJ stuff, but I didn't reallly care for the stuff that he sang in regionals. I don't mind his acting--I would put him in the middle of the pack on the show. I did enjoy his verbal sparing with Chris. But I will say the fact that so many of us hated his character so much showed that he was successfully portraying his character.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 5:01 pm

I really never blamed Chris for twittergate. He got caught in that because he was doing emmy nom interviews and there was no time to prepare. That one reporter did misquote him which led to a firestorm. Then RIB pretty much threw him under the bus, which, thankfully, did not work. It took the head honchos at Fox to come out and cool things down. Chris was very young to be thrown into that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 5:04 pm

Carousel wrote:I really never blamed Chris for twittergate. He got caught in that because he was doing emmy nom interviews and there was no time to prepare. That one reporter did misquote him which led to a firestorm. Then RIB pretty much threw him under the bus, which, thankfully, did not work. It took the head honchos at Fox to come out and cool things down. Chris was very young to be thrown into that.

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming Chris for twittergate. I thought he handled himself quite well after being thurst into a difficult situation on what should have been a big and exciting day for him.

I was referring to the comments like "I was in a lunesta coma."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 5:07 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I was referring to the comments like "I was in a lunesta coma."

Really? That bothered you? I just took it as typical Chris snark. We all know he has sleeping problems.

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 5:09 pm

One last thing, DC's bashing/whatever is not the second theme of the board, he will be forgotten as soon as klaine breaks up.

I can't wait for Klaine to break-up!!! The thing is, I don't dislike Darren, and he could very well be a affable guy. My problem is that I think he's a mediocre actor at best, and he is being shoved/promoted as he is the second coming by RM/Fox, and some of his stans (who can be quite loud and abrasive on-line, and I'm still reeling from NY Festival experience of having his fans co-opt the event with their insipid questions about Darren). I am laying my dislike about the situation where it belongs-directly at RM's feet since he's show's creator and he's made some piss poor decisions about Glee this past year. I don't really care if Darren and Chris are best friends, or hate each other's guts since it's irrelevant to me. Plus, I don't want to micro analyze comments of what actor's (Chris or Darren) say or don't say because they're not perfect individuals, and are prone to mess-up.

Once Klaine breaks-up, I'm going to look forward to (hopefully) some promising stories for Kurt in a new chapter/arc in his life, since it'll be interesting to see him adapt to a new setting without the immediate comfort and safety of his family and Glee club.

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/11/2012, 5:13 pm

I think that everybody has a point here. Personally I don't care about Darren but his character is connected to Chris, so that why he's a common topic here until the breakup as somebody said. I understand those people who think that bashing Darren has been too much because he has have his good moments as well , but this thread was created to express out opinion in a funny and relaxing way so I won't take it so seriously, however if they're people who are not agree with it , they're in their right to say sth about it or avoid it.

PS: SBL, what Darren said about Lea? huh
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 5:28 pm

brisallie wrote:
PS: SBL, what Darren said about Lea? huh

I think SBL is referring to the bolded comment in this article.

As BroadwayWorld has previously reported, Broadway producerBob Boyett is endeavoring to revive FUNNY GIRL on Broadway with famed director Bartlett Sher (South Pacific, Awake and Sing, The Light in the Piazza) at the helm. The pair are currently planning a six week out-of-town tryout in late 2011 in preparation for a swift Broadway transfer later that season, according to the report. This would be the first revival of the show on Broadway. Boyett currently secures the rights.

The Hollywood reporter talked to fellow Barbra Streisand MusiCares performers, Kristin Chenoweth and Darren Criss about whether they felt Lea Michele could handle the part. Their answers? Darren Criss said "Maybe one day, Lea has many years ahead of her. She's very young and has all the time in the world."

Kristin Chenoweth said "I think that girl can do anything she wants to do, not only is Lea a delightful person, but she's a good singer and that's what's required. Anything she wants in life she should have because she deserves it."

Back in January, it was reported that No additional details are in place yet for the project, however, the pair can count on one Lea Michele to be in line for a 'Fanny Brice' audition, in the hopes of recreating the role made famous byBarbra Streisand in the 1964 original production. Michele has made little secret of her admiration for all things Streisand and her hope to one day fill the shoes of Ms. Brice. At a recent Television Critics Association Panel, Michele reiterated this passion when asked if she had been offered the role: "No -- where are the calls? Where are these calls? I mean if you don't know my obsession with Funny Girl ... of course, Fanny Brice is me. I feel very connected to that story."

Boyett has been noncommital about the Michele option, but has only had complimentary things to say of the songbird.

FUNNY GIRL has a book by Isobel Lennart, music by Jule Styne, and lyrics by Bob Merrill. The semi-biographical plot is based on the life and career of Broadway, film star and comedienne Fanny Brice and her stormy relationship with entrepreneur and gambler Nicky Arnstein. The musical was produced by Ray Stark, who was Brice's son-in-law via his marriage to her daughter Frances, and starred Barbra Streisand. The production was nominated for eight Tony Awards but, facing tough competition from Hello, Dolly!, it failed to win in any categories.

source
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/11/2012, 5:39 pm

^

So he thinks she's not ready yet? Can somebody tell me how old was Barbra when she did this character? I'm not someone who manage a lot of information about Broadway but I think Lea could be a good option because she was trained there when she was a child.

On a side note: I don't like when people said" Please don't worry you're young, you has all the time in the world." I'm sorry but that phrase pissed me off or in spanish " me emputece" because What's the right age to do things?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 5:48 pm

brisallie wrote:^

So he thinks she's not ready yet? Can somebody tell me how old was Barbra when she did this character? I'm not someone who manage a lot of information about Broadway but I think Lea could be a good option because she was trained there when she was a child.

On a side note: I don't like when people said" Please don't worry you're young, you has all the time in the world." I'm sorry but that phrase pissed me off or in spanish " me emputece" because What's the right age to do things?

According to IMDB, Barbara was born in 1942, and Funny Girl came out in 1968. So if my math is correct, Barbara was 26 when Funny Girl came out, so she was only a year or two older than Lea was at the time when that quote was made a year ago.

In Darren's defense (my gosh, that's the third time this weekend I'm doing that), he had been working on Glee only a few months when that comment was made, and probably barely knew Lea at that point. And I don't know if he was actually all that familiar with Funny Girl either. He may not have meant it as an insult, but didn't really know how to respond to that question.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 3/11/2012, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/11/2012, 5:49 pm

I was just bringing it up again because I have a similar problem with that comment. I know it wasn't an insult, but I don't think it took into account that there was a revival being casted for and any comment made like that about one of the people they might want to cast could be used to drag that person's name through the mud. Cheno was positive about the actress w/out saying she definitely loved the idea. And I like it less now that he's done H2$, because really, he's younger than Lea, has more years 'ahead of him' or w/e, so what's that supposed to say? IDK. With 8 it was the same thing, I wanted more respect shown to the gravity of the situation.

I'll leave it to people to decide to themselves whether Lea can entirely 'measure up to Barbra', but, as far as training goes, she is and was in a better position than anyone in H2$...
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 5:52 pm

well for one thing, Lea is hell out of a better singer/actor than DC. If DC thinks he is good enough to be on broadway, he shouldn't think Lea is not yet ready. They are about the same age and Lea has actually been performing on broadway for years (not 3 weeks). But then, I have to give kudos for DC to speak honestly once in awhile. most of hte time he seems to avoid saying anything negative about other people to the point that I feel like he's always pandering.

Talking about speaking honestly, I llike Chris for his sometimes bluntness, maybe because I am the same? Sure he may piss off somebody, but that only makes him genuine and honest, and I really appreciate his innocense. as time goes on that innocense may be lost and he may sound more and more like a well-prepared, polished politician, but I still hope he retains some of his bluntness once in awhile. I don't take any pleasure in hearing politicians talk.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/11/2012, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 5:57 pm

I think Chris is just an honest person and many times just says what he thinks. I hope that doesn't change. I don't want him to care what other people think of his opinions. Being open and honest is such a fresh thing and not at all like the uncomfortable bumbling people do when they try to cover-up their feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 6:00 pm

I believe Chris' success is not dependant on his fans. He's looking for critical acclaim and his young fans don't have much effect on that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/11/2012, 6:04 pm

fantastica wrote:I believe Chris' success is not dependant on his fans. He's looking for critical acclaim and his young fans don't have much effect on that.

If he has no fans at all, critical acclaim will only get you a footnote. Thank God he has both!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 6:05 pm

^ I mean it won't make a difference if he has 1 million fans or 1.5 miillion fans.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/11/2012, 6:06 pm

Lea is 25, so next year she will be the same age of Barbra in Funny Girl Smile

@Jelly , Have you been ok these days? Why suddenly you're defending Darren? lol

However as some as you have said, when he made this comment he was just starting on Glee and probably he didn't know a lot about Lea. By other side, I think bluntness is a good thing in this business because everybody is taken notes about your words, so I think people are unable to express freely.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 6:11 pm

^ jelly is just a decent human being. we all are actually. we don't mean to attack DC personally. we are just frustrated and need an outlet to vent. we don't mean any harm. also a lot of what we have said about him is justified criticism. Some people are so used to the censorship on GF they are not getting used to the freedom we have here.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/11/2012, 6:21 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:I was just bringing it up again because I have a similar problem with that comment. I know it wasn't an insult, but I don't think it took into account that there was a revival being casted for and any comment made like that about one of the people they might want to cast could be used to drag that person's name through the mud. Cheno was positive about the actress w/out saying she definitely loved the idea. And I like it less now that he's done H2$, because really, he's younger than Lea, has more years 'ahead of him' or w/e, so what's that supposed to say? IDK. With 8 it was the same thing, I wanted more respect shown to the gravity of the situation.

I'll leave it to people to decide to themselves whether Lea can entirely 'measure up to Barbra', but, as far as training goes, she is and was in a better position than anyone in H2$...
You surely haven't heard him talking about klaine at the Trevor Live Event and smiling to the camera...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 6:23 pm

fantastica wrote:^ jelly is just a decent human being. we all are actually. we don't mean to attack DC personally. we are just frustrated and need an outlet to vent. we don't mean any harm. also a lot of what we have said about him is justified criticism. Some people are so used to the censorship on GF they are not getting used to the freedom we have here.

I have to just quote and bold this before Kim changes her mind.

I don't really hate DC, I just would prefer not to have to watch him anymore. But since he is paired up with my favorite actor on Glee, it's kind of hard not to do that. We've all been a bit frustrated around here.

And Glee hiatis is never a good thing for us. hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 6:28 pm

Shinra17 wrote:You surely haven't heard him talking about klaine at the Trevor Live Event and smiling to the camera...
I don't usually seek out DC interviews. what did he say? don't want to go looking for it or go through any videos. just a summary report.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next