Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 30 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel 10/19/2014, 5:42 pm

Another picture:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 30 Tumblr_ndp7aoh18M1r4ezfzo2_r1_500

They both look gorgeous, and happy.  hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 30 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica 10/19/2014, 6:56 pm

congrats to Matt! a very happy couple indeed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/19/2014, 7:48 pm

Congrats to Matt Smile I'm so happy for him
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/19/2014, 8:19 pm

Ranwing wrote:I always said that if I ever got married that rather than do a big reception for relatives that I never see or cannot stand, that I'd rather take my closest people to Hawaii or Tahiti and get married on the beach.

Both of them looked wonderful and it's nice for Matt to be starting a new chapter of his life both personally and career wise.

Don't forget to take your favorite CCFF Administrator Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/20/2014, 2:19 pm

http://deadline.com/2014/10/ryan-murphy-scream-queens-comedic-horror-anthology-series-fox-855641/

American Horror Story meets Glee. In their first big move on the scripted side at Fox, Fox TV Group chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman have given a 15-episode straight-to-series order to one of their most trusted creators at 20th Century Fox TV, Ryan Murphy. With Glee wrapping its run on Fox, the network has ordered comedy-horror anthology Scream Queens, from Glee creators Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. This marks the second straight-to-series order for an anthology series for Murphy and Falchuk on the heels of FX greenlighting an American Crime Story spinoff from the duo’s hugely successful horror anthology series American Horror Story.
Related
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
The first installment of Scream Queens, created by Murphy, Falchuk and Brennan, revolves around a college campus which is rocked by a series of murders. 20th Century Fox Television and Murphy’s studio-based Murphy Television produce, with Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Dante Di Loreto executive producing.
“I knew I wanted to work with Brad and Ian again on something comedic, and we are having a blast writing Scream Queens,”said Murphy who revealed details about the setup of the series. “We hope to create a whole new genre – comedy-horror – and the idea is for every season to revolve around two female leads. We’ve already begun a nationwide search for those women, as well as 10 other supporting roles, and we’re very grateful to Dana and Gary for their enthusiastic support.”
Longtime 20th TV toppers Walden and Newman said that getting a new series created by Murphy on Fox was a top priority in their first season overseeing the network.  “We loved every element of the pitch for this show — the genre-bending concept, which blends true horror with big comedic moments; the diverse and unforgettable characters and reuniting the phenomenal creative team that delivered Glee,” they said, adding that the straight-to-series order is “a huge commitment and an expression of our faith in Ryan.”
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/20/2014, 5:06 pm

I'll pass. I don't think I have the heart to watch another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk production.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/20/2014, 5:12 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'll pass.  I don't think I have the heart to watch another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk production.

I am going to pass too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/20/2014, 6:46 pm

Ummm... no thank you, RM.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/21/2014, 8:24 am

How creative and 'new', except not. Rolling Eyes 
If I want a mix of horror and comedy I'd borrow my oldest daughter's Buffy dvd collection.

There's no way I would ever watch another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk production again.

Btw: there's a rumor that Lea Michele will be involved in the new series.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 9:19 am

Marie, I see your Buffy DVDs and raise you Tim Fucking Burton. Horror has been combined with comedy for ages. It's hardly a new genre, so claims that this is somehow innovative is overblown PR to say the very least.

At least we know now why FOX was willing to give Glee an abbreviated final season. Don't know why the network is so hot to stay on his good side. Yes, AHS is doing well (for now) and TNH was very well received, but RM has had his duds (TNN) and he's got more than a few shows that started out strong but then got butchered and ended with a thud (Popular, NT, Glee). It does feel like FOX wants it's own AHS but it's too intense for network TV so they're going to get AHS lite.

Btw: there's a rumor that Lea Michele will be involved in the new series.

Of course. She's rumored to be in line for anything he's involved in. He gets the rights to Funny Girl, so of course Lea is the obvious choice. She's rumored to be up for a part in the next season of AHS and now the new show. Does she really want just a career of doing RM projects?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/21/2014, 9:36 am

^If I read this correctly the rumor comes from MJ's Big Blog's Glee spoiler source, so there's a bit more credibility to it this time.
But yes, Lea being in some next Ryan Murphy production is a safe bet imo, as she is RyRy's favorite pet after all.

I wonder if Ryan will hire Darren for one of his productions again? Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 10:11 am

Lea is a grown up and she can manage her own career. Personally, I think that her next big job being with the same showrunner would be a major mistake. If it doesn't do well (and TNN wasn't actually a critical or ratings hit and only survived a single season), then it's going to put a big question mark over Lea's post-Glee viability. She also needs to show that other people besides Ryan Murphy want to work with her.

Whatever... I have limited interest (at best) in the post-Glee careers of anyone except Chris. I'd like to see Naya and Matt do well since they got so badly screwed by RM. Chris has some great projects lined up and Harry, Grant and Diana are off to great starts. Lea needs to figure out what she wants to do career wise and start going for the parts that will get her there. Not that there is a shame in doing another TV series (at all), but Ryan Murphy has a habit of turning on former favorites and screwing over actors. I would be very leery about being so closely associated with him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2014, 1:00 pm

The one actor that I'm hoping does well  is Kevin McHale.  I do think he's a very good singer and he's underrated as an actor and dressed as Artie and character bound to the wheelchair, it didn't highlight what I think is an attractive young man.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 1:10 pm

I should have included Kevin on my list - he's always stood out as one of the superlative talents on the show who didn't get nearly the focus that he deserved. And he is one of the nicer guys. He certainly deserves a long career after Glee.

I think that out of the entire cast, the only one that I will actively seek out will (obviously) be Chris. If the others are in a project that I have an interest in, I will definitely see it. The only exception to this will be Darren who I will actively avoid. I have absolutely no desire to see him post-Glee and will happy to never see him again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2014, 1:21 pm

i don't think any of the major Glee actors will be in Murphy's next production. They are so identified w/ glee now. however there's a chance that some of the very minor actors may appear if the roles fit.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2014, 1:30 pm

Kevin genuinely seems to be very popular and well liked with all his cast mates and smart as a whip. His improvisational skills on " What's my line"(?) attracted the attention of the producers of the British show he hosted in the summer.

He's got the Kennedy comedy this upcoming summer he's filming with Aaron Vdeit , and is doing that Friday radio program he's co hosting with Amber. In addition, his TV show might get a second season pickup, so it would be a hoot if he and Chris were in England at the same time in their respective gigs.

Matt Morrison seems from all the rumors flying set to take over "Finding Neverland " before it gets to Broadway. Doesn't hurt that Harvey Weinstein seems to be a big fan of his...Smile
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2014, 2:29 pm

Well with 3 anthology series going Ryan Murphy is going to be dealing with a lot of actors in HW.   "American Horror Story" gives actors a chance to be in something thing that they don't necessarily have to be tied down to year after year.  I heard that was the appeal of AHS to Jessica Lange, who is said  to going through her last season there.  It's been a great gig for Jessica Lange and she's gotten awards

It's a pretty mixed report card as to Ryan's dealing with actors, no different I suppose than other show runners.  Sometime there is a chemistry and you work with someone again, and other times you swear to stay away from each other (though of course you never say anything publicly).   We know Jessalyn Gilsig, Jonathan Groff and Julia Roberts among others have worked with Ryan on several projects.   Joss Whedon, Bryan Fuller and a lot of show runners try to use actors they've used previously so I don't see that being anything different with Ryan Murphy.

For the most part the Nip Tuck leading cast ( Julian McMahon, Dylan Wash, Joely Richardson, Romma Mafia) have not appeared in any more Ryan and Brad ventures, but who's to say they wouldn't in the future?   Some "Popular" cast have popped up in other RB productions sporadically IIRC.

I remember that even very public  toxic feuds like the Delta Burke/ Linda Thompson Bloodworth (Designing Women creator) later worked together on another show so never say never in HW.  LOL. 

I will say this once more.  NO ONE has any proof or quotes or backup other than speculating that Chris Colfer is disenchanted with Ryan and Brad and does not want to work with them again post Glee.  If the right project comes along I think Chris if he feels it's a good career move will jump on it.

At the least Chris can compare notes  on the Noel Coward movie with Vanessa Redgrave, she was a guest star through several season on "Nip Tuck, " as Joey Richardson's mother (which  she is in real life too)

Granted "Glee" is a mess, but  working for Ryan hasn't "hurt" Jessica Lange, Mark Rufffalo, Matt Bomer, Kathy Bates and others within even the last 12 months, just saying.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 3:20 pm

Buenos wrote:Granted "Glee" is a mess, but  working for Ryan hasn't "hurt" Jessica Lange, Mark Rufffalo, Matt Bomer, Kathy Bates and others within even the last 12 months, just saying.

All of the actors that you cited here are well established and have had healthy (and several of them very lengthy careers) outside of working with Ryan Murphy. I don't think that we can compare someone like Jessica Lange (who's been in the business for decades) to someone like Lea who is finishing her first non-theater job.

Personally, I think that Ryan Murphy is an egotistical asshole. I think that he's fucked over a lot of the cast based on his whims and he's run Glee poorly. There was no rational in him taking the most award winning actor in his cast and reducing his role on the show in favor of Darren. I think that he's got Lea so turned around that she doesn't recognize that she's being used. But I do understand that if Chris gets offered an amazing opportunity to be in a project like TNH that Ryan Murphy is involved with that he probably shouldn't (and wouldn't) turn it down. Actors need to work and to pick projects that may advance their careers. If the project is a good one, then I can expect Chris to be a grown up and be able to handle himself professionally. What I don't want to see is it be his next big project and thankfully with the Noel Coward film, it won't be.

As far as Lea goes, her bond with Ryan is hardly some big secret. And like Chris, if in the future Ryan Murphy has a good project that might be good for her, then more power to her. But there is something fishy about Lea constantly being liked as a likely prospect for all his upcoming project He gets the rights to Funny Girl and doesn't hide the fact that Lea would be his first choice for the title character (and sets up a huge portion of Glee's storylines to support that possibility). There are rumors that Ryan wants her for AHS and now this new series. What's missing? Rumors or confirmation of Lea getting any major offers outside of Ryan Murphy. Her guest spot on SOA (per those who actually watch the show) was little more than a glorified cameo that could have been played by anyone. For Lea to jump from one Ryan Murphy project to another would give the impression to some that no one else is really looking to hire her for anything major. I'd like to see her do something else. Do something that is a major departure from Glee (and those associated with it) and build up her own name in the business as more than just Ryan Murphy's favorite.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 3:22 pm

Hmmm... the PCA nominations have begun and it looks like Glee and its cast is not going to be eligible for consideration since it's not currently airing. Bummer... am writing in submissions for Chris anyway.

Just wanted to clarify something I said about Lea's part on SOA - I went looking at the board on Previously TV and several reviewers who post on YouTube and the general consensus that I found is that most did not see any reason for this character to be played by Lea. The character was hardly pivotal to the storyline and didn't do anything significant or to move the plotline along. She was just kind of there and it wasn't necessary to cast someone famous in such a basic role. That with all the publicity about Lea being in the episode that they ere expecting her character to do something important and to have nothing more than a conversation between Lea's character and Katey Segal's was a bit of a let down (and nothing more than stunt casting). Basically, if her character weren't being played by Lea, no one would have been talking about her at all.

So I give credit to Lea for trying something a bit different but this was a tiny baby step away from Glee.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/21/2014, 4:11 pm

I've began being more and more suspicious of every TV production that states to be revolutionary. TV has been invented relatibely long time ago and lot of it has been already done. So yelling snd boasting about a NEW SHOW is a bit silly.

Especially from a team of proven jerks who apparently don't watch TV or read books, because THEIR shit is always the best. I wonder how long Fox as a channel is going to succeed. Have they had any critical, huge success since Glee? An example of a network channel getting run over by demand and cabel?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 4:33 pm

There is no question that FOX is in trouble. Ratings are down across the board, and they haven't had any real critical or ratings hits in quite awhile. When Reilly got fired, it was a clear indication that the network was in trouble - you don't fire the head of programing if everything is doing fine. Glee getting the two season deal was a symptom of the deeper disease at FOX and it's going to take a few years (and trial and error to see what shows the audience embraces) to fix the damage.

Why the network would want another Ryan Murphy project after how badly Glee was mismanaged is beyond me. Perhaps an anthology series would work better since the quality of AHS seems to be holding up for now. He apparently has a short attention span and allowing regular rebooting of a show seems to work for him (or projects like TNH that don't have extended and ongoing storytelling requirements). Still, his record as a creator is mixed so having a Ryan Murphy show is no guarantee of a ratings hit (which FOX very much needs). I'm thinking that a lot of this came about in the prolonged Glee negotiations - that Ryan wouldn't fight the network cutting Glee short with the promise of greenlighting a new show.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/21/2014, 5:07 pm

Ranwing wrote:Hmmm... the PCA nominations have begun and it looks like Glee and its cast is not going to be eligible for consideration since it's not currently airing. Bummer... am writing in submissions for Chris anyway.
The link to vote for Chris is Arrow here. General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 30 Vote

(You have to vote for at least 1 other actor, but you can write in Chris' name at the bottom of the page.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 5:24 pm

It's being reported that on Twitter and Facebook that there's a push to get people to write in submissions for Daleastreet for the PCAs. Not the other members of the cast... just Lea, Darren and Chord.

Now in all fairness, I don't know if any of the actors are behind this push, but it is shitty to exclude the other actors in the cast. And in all honesty, the only ones that might have a chance of getting enough write in votes to actually make the nominations would probably be Chris and Lea (and maybe Naya). Darren and Chord don't stand a chance. They lost every single category last year so even making it to the nominations round is a big longshot.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 5:37 pm

The Flash just got a full season order from the CW network! Congratulations Grant!!!!

bananaz danse3 punkk respek
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/21/2014, 10:18 pm

I can't imagine that anyone is going to make it in as a write in candidate. Glee just doesn't have the heat to get it done.

Honestly, I hope Glee gets zero nominations (or one just for Chris). I would hate the thought of a repeat of last year with the voting, and the cheating. I bet the People's Choice people would prefer to have the Glee fandom away from the voting, too Wink It was such a mess last year.

It is interesting that Glee gets no mention, though. I thought maybe it was because they were eligible because the show isn't on the air right now, but then I realized that Parks & Rec got on the list several time, and that's not coming back until after the first of the year.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next