Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 35 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired 1/12/2015, 5:04 am

The Flash is getting a second season. Smile 

I am so so happy for Grant and the rest of the cast.

I still want Chris to be on the show.

And I am sure Grant would love the opportunity to work with Chris again.

The show is filmed in Vancouver.

So depending on what Chris is doing for the rest of the year after the Noel biopic, maybe he could fit it in if it were to happen. saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 35 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  dimpledchris 1/12/2015, 11:11 pm

^ Grant is one of my favourite people, ever. He's always so nice to everyone and he really does deserve all the success he's having. How awesome would it be to have him and Chris work together again? From their twitter interactions it seems that they're still good friends. I hope that this tweet of his is a premonition of things to come:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhugj4qRxe1qe476yo1_r1_500

With the GG yesterday it's nice to see people being nostalgic about Chris winning his. I really wish that once Noel is done and shown that it will be received well and we'll get to see Chris giving another tearjerker of a speech neutre
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/17/2015, 5:06 pm

So, Lea is officially on board to star in RIB's next Fox project Scream Queens:

Make way for your new favorite obsession: Fox just rounded out its cast for Scream Queens with more than one major A-list star!

The new comedy-horror anthology series from Ryan Murphy will star True Blood alum Joe Manganiello, Glee's Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin and Disney darling Keke Palmer as series regulars.

But that's not all...mega pop star and former Nickelodeon alum Ariana Grande is getting back to her acting roots by guest-starring in a recurring role in the new series!

Manganiello, Michele, Breslin, Palmer and Grande will join previously announced Scream Queens cast members Jamie Lee Curtis and American Horror Story's Emma Roberts, who will take on starring roles in the limited series.

"We trust [Murphy] implicitly and he has proven over the years that he has great instincts for building characters that people care about and fall in love with," Fox boss Gary Newman tells E! News. "He brings an outrageousness to what he does that is his unique signature and Scream Queens, he's literally the perfect person to do this. It's going to be an amazing, suspenseful, fun run."

The new anthology series from Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan revolves around a college campus which is rocked by a series of murders and is set in a sorority house. The first season will be 15 hour-long episodes.

Scream Queens is scheduled to begin production in the spring, and will premiere in fall 2015 on Fox.

source

Almost sounds like a combination of AHS and Glee (minus singing).

I have to shake my head at Gary Newman's comment about Ryan building characters people love. He cut his comment short because he should have added that Ryan makes people love them, and then destroys them.

I hope Lea isn't making a mistake by signing up for another RIB project right after Glee (even if it's just a year since they could have an entirely different cast next year--if it survives). Hopefully her character isn't too much of a Rachel Berry. I think it would have made more sense for her to spread her wings and fly on her own at this point (or at least try to).

Wonder how long it will be until they put Darren in the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/17/2015, 5:09 pm

I kind of like Lea Michele ,but will not be watching. I for one hope Chris Colfer never ever works with RIB again. especially after Glee's latest episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/17/2015, 5:12 pm

I won't be watching either. I don't think I'll ever waste my time on another Ryan Murphy project. He's just a sadistic bastard. Yes, he can start great shows, but then he gets board and destroys them.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/17/2015, 5:25 pm

I definitely won't be watching. I have no interest in the subject and I certainly won't support an RIB project unless there are actors that I genuinely like involved (like Matt Boomer in TNH).

Not overly surprised that Lea has been picked for the new project since she's his pet, but I think it's a mistake. Keeping such a close association with Ryan Murphy and not getting signed for projects with other producers is really making me question just how viable a mainstream career she really has. I don't see this expanding her career and if it flops (the way The New Normal did), it can hurt her prospects away from RM. Frankly, I am surprised that Darren didn't weasel his way into the project, but I've been thinking that he might have fallen somewhat out of favor as of late.

Just glad that in a few weeks, Chris will be completely free and if he ever works on an RIB project again, it's because he's gotten a ton of success and prestige away from him and they have to kiss his ass to get him on board.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/17/2015, 5:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Darren announced as a regular or a recurring guest star at some point.

I'm also fully expecting that Fox will probably cast him as Danny in the Grease live production Fox is planning for next year. They have announced Julianne Hough as Sandy, and considering how horrible she was in both Rock of Ages and Footloose, she would probably be pretty evenly paired opposite Darren.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2015, 7:13 pm

Lea being in Ryan and Brad's new project.....why am I not surprised. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/17/2015, 7:15 pm

i won't watch another RM show about high school/college ever again. even his best shows are only good for couple of seasons and then no more.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2015, 8:15 pm

Lol, I just read that Ariana Grande will also be in 'Scream Queens'. Rolling Eyes

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 35 Tumblr_nic9q5TVtS1r4ezfzo1_500
So basically the newbies and the actress who gets trotted out for her character's 'revolutionary' transgender storyline. Laughing
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/17/2015, 10:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 35 Tumblr_nic9q5TVtS1r4ezfzo1_500
So basically the newbies and the actress who gets trotted out for her character's 'revolutionary' transgender storyline. Laughing

It seems obvious that the rest of the cast doesn't care anymore. In Chris' case, I hope it means he's too busy writing to even think about FOX/Glee. He's been distancing himself from the show for a while now.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/17/2015, 10:58 pm

So thrilled for Lea!

bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/18/2015, 7:17 am

i'm thrilled for her as well, but the girl seriously needs to be in a project not headed by ryan murphy.

as for Scream Queens, i'm not that well informed but it seamed to me that it's a short run show, sort of like AHS. murphy defiantly excels at the idea and initial development of a show (even though his themes and character types keep repeating), but a show with more then 1 season with the same characters, a big fat NO.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/20/2015, 6:14 pm

PaleyFest 2015 Adds Glee

PaleyFest is throwing a going-away party for Glee.
The Paley Center for Media has unveiled its full PaleyFest 2015 slate, and a panel featuring the cast and producers of Fox’s seminal musical-dramedy is set for Friday, March 13 — exactly one week before the show’s March 20 series finale.
Lol, I can already picture RIB receiving with saint-like smiles the elaborate praise for their LGBTQIA+ storylines and positive representation of queer characters, Ryan with his hands placed in front of him as if he's praying or deeply contemplating one last groundbreaking PSA on the show before it finally is put out of its misery. Rolling Eyes

I thought that certain K(B)lainers were the biggest hypocrites when it comes to Glee, but RIB are in their own special advanced league when it comes to hypocricy.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/20/2015, 6:16 pm

tanita_mors wrote:i'm thrilled for her as well, but the girl seriously needs to be in a project not headed by ryan murphy.

as for Scream Queens, i'm not that well informed but it seamed to me that it's a short run show, sort of like AHS. murphy defiantly excels at the idea and initial development of a show (even though his themes and character types keep repeating), but a show with more then 1 season with the same characters, a big fat NO.

The problem is that it also seems like a watered down version of AHS - how well they're going to translate the elements that make AHS work to network TV is a big question mark. Hope it works out for Lea, but I won't be watching.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/20/2015, 6:24 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
PaleyFest 2015 Adds Glee

PaleyFest is throwing a going-away party for Glee.
The Paley Center for Media has unveiled its full PaleyFest 2015 slate, and a panel featuring the cast and producers of Fox’s seminal musical-dramedy is set for Friday, March 13 — exactly one week before the show’s March 20 series finale.
Lol, I can already picture RIB receiving with saint-like smiles the elaborate praise for their LGBTQIA+ storylines and positive representation of queer characters, Ryan with his hands placed in front of him as if he's praying or deeply contemplating one last groundbreaking PSA on the show before it finally is put out of its misery. Rolling Eyes

I thought that certain K(B)lainers were the biggest hypocrites when it comes to Glee, but RIB are in their own special advanced league when it comes to hypocricy.

I hope Chris will be too busy with filming Noel to attend.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/20/2015, 6:27 pm

If I remember right, Noel is supposed to start filming in March, so Chris will definitely need to be there at least a few weeks before principle production begins for costume fittings and work with the diction coach. Odds are that he won't be in attendance.

Another no show will be Matt. Previews for Finding Neverland start two days after Paley Fest and Matt would need to be on his deathbed to even consider missing one date.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/20/2015, 6:30 pm

Ranwing wrote:If I remember right, Noel is supposed to start filming in March, so Chris will definitely need to be there at least a few weeks before principle production begins for costume fittings and work with the diction coach. Odds are that he won't be in attendance.

Another no show will be Matt. Previews for Finding Neverland start two days after Paley Fest and Matt would need to be on his deathbed to even consider missing one date.

Okay, thank you.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/20/2015, 6:48 pm

Thankfully Chris probably won't be able to attend Paley and has a valid excuse.

I'd hate to see him trotted out once again as Glee's gay poster boy while RIB pride themselves for the "post Glee" gay friendly society, when they did nothing but shit on Kurt since season 3.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/20/2015, 8:14 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Thankfully Chris probably won't be able to attend Paley and has a valid excuse.

I'd hate to see him trotted out once again as Glee's gay poster boy while RIB pride themselves for the "post Glee" gay friendly society, when they did nothing but shit on Kurt since season 3.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/21/2015, 2:30 am

Ranwing wrote:If I remember right, Noel is supposed to start filming in March, so Chris will definitely need to be there at least a few weeks before principle production begins for costume fittings and work with the diction coach. Odds are that he won't be in attendance.

A huge part of me wants to see Chris attend Paley Fest because even with how much the show has changed (for the worse, as most would say,) Kurt will undoubtedly be one of the characters that will be remembered. It would be interesting to hear what Chris has to say about Kurt's journey, and since the show's ending already maybe Chris might not be afraid to say how he really feels about that and the show, idk just maybe.
If he has work commitments for Noel and can't attend the fest, it wouldn't be bad, either. I'm so excited for Noel, hopefully we'll get a lot of updates from Joe Stephenson and Chris himself.

Also very excited for Matt. I've always loved his voice, and the stage is where he's meant to be.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/21/2015, 3:46 am

You do have to wonder how long these s*itheads have a contractual hold on him though. Is it truly over once all Kurt scenes are filmed or do they have some sort of wormhole on the contracts to force both Chris and Matt?

If they want to be horrible annoyances to both, planes do fly even for a few hours occasion, but doesn't the Paley thing usually have Q&A's? I doubt any of the BTS people want to answer any questions about their choices.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/21/2015, 4:57 am

I just hope Chris gets to attend if he wants to.   IF Chris  has other commitments I would understand , and the Noel movie starting date has already changed at least once, and we don't know if the pre production is closer to March 1 or March 31.   I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back  to April TBH.

Chris could be totally over Glee to the point he would not want to attend Paley, but we have no way of knowing that.   If he does feel that way, I don't think he needs to attend just to save face.

My own hunch, Chris may not like how his character developed, but he has fondness for his fellow cast mates and he does genuinely appreciate RIB giving him his break that literally changed his life, for the better.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/21/2015, 9:07 am

What I hate the most in these PR things, and this is not only a thing conserning Glee and Fox, is that the content they provide for their promotion is almost no way related to the material they offer in screens. Kurt, and Chris's face has been blatantly used to promote something thay no longer excists in the show. Bringing you the "good old times " when the truth could not be further.

PR can be a beneficial for actors as well but in Glee's case that cannot be accurate any more. Especially this late in the game. Allthough we've seen how nicely and well Chris handles the promotion he's done in the last three seasons, that I have no doubt he will do so in the future.

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/21/2015, 10:32 am

Chris's schedule, once Glee ends, will no longer be completely under his control. Once all the logistics of the film are in place, he needs to be there. If they want him in London for costume fittings and vocal recordings prior to filming actually starting, then he needs to be in London. He will want to have a bit of time to settle in London before he starts filming. I'm sure that they are providing him with housing and a car and/or driver, but he will still need a bit of time to acclimate himself before he shows up on set ready to work.

Once Glee finishes filming, Chris owes no more than his gratitude for getting his career started. Appearing at a self-congratulatory wake celebration for a show that has lost its relevance and critical standing three seasons ago so Ryan Murphy can have his oversized ego stroked a bit more... I wouldn't feel at all bad if Chris had to send his most heartfelt regrets about not being able to attend.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next