Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/14/2014, 6:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^If Chris had done this he would have been ripped apart from all sides, the Klainers (for promoting Kum and 'cheating' on Blaine), the crisscolfers (for not posing with Darren, but with 'Chord'), the homophobes (for shoving his sexuality in their faces and 'sexually harassing' a straight man).
SMH. antifana 

It's just gross, and pure straight privilege. It's not funny at all.
And really: Chord and especially Darren, the big ally who plays a gay character, should have known better. Darren is even dressed as Blaine!

God points. Very true Chris no doubt would have been ripped apart all sides.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls 10/14/2014, 7:53 pm

You'd think Darren would have learned his lesson after the heat he took for that picture of him and one of his friends "sleeping" on a couch a couple of months ago.  He shouldn't pose for pictures like that and leave them in other people's control.

Of course, Chord and Darren are a couple of immature, insensitive idiots who have no sense of what is appropriate.  At 27 and 25, they should know better. But I'm sure they got big laughs out of it.

And not for anything, but Darren is dressed as Blaine there, so it is also offensive to the character.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/14/2014, 8:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:You'd think Darren would have learned his lesson after the heat he took for that picture of him and one of his friends "sleeping" on a couch a couple of months ago.  He shouldn't pose for pictures like that and leave them in other people's control.

Of course, Chord and Darren are a couple of immature, insensitive idiots who have no sense of what is appropriate.  At 27 and 25, they should know better.  But I'm sure they got big laughs out of it.

And not for anything, but Darren is dressed as Blaine there, so it is also offensive to the character.

I'm guessing this photo was taken back months before (when 5.20 was being filmed) pre the Other photo, and Chord in his infinite wisdom decided to tweet it now. Shocked

Suspect Darren will stay clear of retweeting Chord or anything , he must have some gay acquaintances (like I dunno maybe his Glee castmembers) who informed him how offensive the photo was.

And yes the character Blaine as a power bottom was insulting to the character.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  rainespeaks 10/14/2014, 8:47 pm

Darren does not even look drunk or high in the photo. Is there  any wonder why you do not see pics of Chris and Darren together. Why would someone as mature and, dare I say classy, as Chris hang out in his spare time with a person so obviously lacking in sensitivity and good judgement as Darren has shown himself to be. This is the type of behaviour you punish by giving less screen time.

badday
rainespeaks
rainespeaks
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/14/2014, 10:55 pm

This disgussion really doesn't belong here as it's not about spoilers. I think it should be moved to SnB thread because all we will end up doing is hitching over this picture. There's nothing positive that can come out of this.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/14/2014, 11:00 pm

fantastica wrote:This disgussion really doesn't belong here as it's not about spoilers.  I think it should be moved to SnB thread because all we will end up doing is hitching over this picture. There's nothing positive that can come out of this.

This isn't the spoiler thread, though. It's the general discussion thread. So, it can be anything Glee related.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/15/2014, 12:25 am

Just saw that disgusting pic. :angry: 

Nothing surprises me about Darren anymore.

I thought Chord was Chris's friend.

Guess jealousy must run deep for some.

Not Chris's fault if their careers aren't taking off like Chris's has.

Maybe they should get off their lazy arses and do some real work for once instead of expecting hand-outs - especially Darren. :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/15/2014, 1:03 am

In all fariness, I don't think the tweet/ picture was related to Chris at all...

Again:

Spoiler:

Per the Power Bottom instagram:

I don’t think that Chord and Darren  are evil people; In fact  I don’t think they are much different than a lot of frat boy mentality guys their age who love this type of crude sophomoric humor.   Fair enough.   Straight guys using “gay sex” as haha funny is nothing new.    Chord’s “power bottom” quip left no vagueness to the  photo’s visual intent.

The thing is just because your day job is to be in a TV Show that includes LGBTQ themes or you play a gay character, doesn’t make you automatically any more empathetic, sensitive or even an “ally” of gay causes, that’s all.  Some actors have milked their good fortune which has paid them well and I have no problem with that,  but I’m puzzled that others are suddenly shocked that they aren’t really that much more enlightened.   The error was assuming they were from the get go.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 10/15/2014, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed spoiler tags so we don't have to look at the hideousness.)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/15/2014, 1:35 am

ColtonLHaynes
@ColtonLHaynes

Fun fact (prob not true): Barry Allen took over Kurt, Rachel, & Santana's Glee NYC loft after they moved out. Sliding door and all
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/15/2014, 2:02 am

Buenos wrote:

ColtonLHaynes
@ColtonLHaynes  

Fun fact (prob not true): Barry Allen took over Kurt, Rachel, & Santana's Glee NYC loft after they moved out. Sliding door and all

The Flash is filmed in Canada, so definitely not true.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/15/2014, 2:11 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:

ColtonLHaynes
@ColtonLHaynes  

The Flash is filmed in Canada, so definitely not true.

While I think the whole post was tongue in cheek... coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2014, 4:19 am

^Barry Allen also having a sliding door in his appartment does open up a lot of opportunities for Kurtbastian/The Flash crossover au gif sets.    tongue2

rainespeaks wrote:Thanks for putting that pic under spoiler tags Glorfindel. That picture is sickening. vomit2
Honor where honor's due: it was @Ranwing, and yes, the spoiler tags were much appreciated. fanny2

I've already mentioned how this would have been perceived in the fandom if Chris had done that pic instead of Darren. But can you imagine one of the girls having posed like that? Like Heather, Amber or Lea, who all have been connected romantically with Sam? Chord would have been considered a sexist pig, the girl would have been slutshamed, and they both would have been attacked by shippers from the other Sam ships.

But even when Blaine and Sam don't exactly have a clean record when it comes to sexual tension either, and Blaine has already cheated on Kurt (with Eli C. of course, and in a way also emotionally with Sam, as Blaine was lusting after Sam while constantly telling everyone he wanted to get back with Kurt), Darren doing this pose in Blaine clothes is all fine and 'funny' according to his fans, including the Klainers who "love both boys equally". :angry:
And to think there were some 'fans' who thought that Chris posing with 2 small pumpkins held to his chest was sexist and wrong. Jeez, double standards much? Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/15/2014, 1:19 pm

@Marie, what? Some people thought Chris was sexist when posed with those small pumpkins? I might be a blind fan or actually didn't see any offense, but for me was a silly joke. Besides, wouldn't Melissa felt offended? She didn't have problems to pose next to him and go along with the joke.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2014, 2:50 pm

^Melissa even was the one who posted the picture with a comment that said that hers were bigger than his. Razz

I fail to see how anyone could have found that offensive, but... well: haters gonna hate. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/17/2014, 11:45 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o7_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o5_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o1_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o9_r1_500

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o8_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o6_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o3_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_nd57ezgBnf1r4gxc3o2_250

Guitar of Hope: Fifty celebrities sign for a cause, including Streisand, Britney, Fergie, Taylor Swift, and the cast of Glee
Sunburst-finish Epiphone PR-150VS model six-string acoustic guitar, signed ink and felt tip on the front, back, and sides of the body, as well as the pickguard, by 50 musicians and entertainers, all in support of a family who experienced a personal battle with cancer, with the proceeds from the sale of this guitar going to the family. Signers are: Adam Levine, Adam Shankman, Alan Jackson, Amy Grant, Ariana Grande, Baby Face, Barbra Streisand, Big Time Rush, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Britney Spears, Carlos Santana, Chris Mann, Christina Aguilera, Christina Millian, Ellen DeGeneres, Fergie, Gavin Rosdale, Gary LeVox, Gwen Stefani, Hillary Duff, Jason Aldean, Jay Demarcus, Joe Don Rooney, Josh Duhamel, Josh Groban, Kathy Griffin, Kelly Clarkson, Kimberly Williams Paisley, K. T. Oslin, Miley Cyrus, Paula Abdul, Rachel DiPillo, Reba McEntire, Ronnie Dunn, Shakira, Sylvie Vartan, Taylor Swift, Usher, Vince Gill, and Glee cast members Chris Colfer, Darren Criss, Cheyenne Jackson, Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Kevin McHale, Mark Salling, Harry Shum, Jr., Jenna Ushkowitz, and Erinn Westbrook. In fine condition.

I did not post Darren's pic as I have had enough of seeing his face. dryy

Hope no-one minds.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/18/2014, 12:45 am

Thanks for those pics. I'd like to see a HQ version of Chris's picture, but is fine.

And as for not posting darren's pic, how dare you?!...kidding, you did it right.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/18/2014, 2:16 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_ndmchoTQlV1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/18/2014, 10:43 am

Needless to say, Chris looked absolutely stunning. As did Harry, Jenna, Kevin and Adam. Thank you for sparing me having to see the Hobbit...

This is such a great cause. Am glad to see so many people turned out to help.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/18/2014, 10:26 pm

You definitely feel he is channeling some 60's singer pose.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/19/2014, 11:26 am

Divalicious wrote:You definitely feel he is channeling some 60's singer pose.  

There's something very Young Johnny Cash in his look and pose. Of a more modern Paul McCartney. It's kind of ironic that he looks more natural posing with the guitar than some of the cast mates who actually play guitar.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/19/2014, 1:26 pm

How nice! Matt got married!

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/19/2014, 2:38 pm

^Congratulations to Matt!  neutre
His bride looks absolutely lovely.

Here's the article: http://www.people.com/article/matthew-morrison-marries-renee-puente
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/19/2014, 3:14 pm

That's great for Matt! I hope they have a happy marriage.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/19/2014, 3:24 pm

I always said that if I ever got married that rather than do a big reception for relatives that I never see or cannot stand, that I'd rather take my closest people to Hawaii or Tahiti and get married on the beach.

Both of them looked wonderful and it's nice for Matt to be starting a new chapter of his life both personally and career wise.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/19/2014, 5:37 pm

Matt had said earlier that they were planning to marry in 2015 so some are speculating it could mean that as soon as Glee is over in early 2015 he'll jump back into the Barrie role in "Finding Neverland" before it's scheduled to start on Broadway in April.  Which would make sense to get married now rather than wait until Glee is over.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next