Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing 7/28/2014, 6:40 pm

Lea is the one member of the cast that I cannot see TPTB for Glee allowing any time away from filming outside projects. Especially with the cast being whittled down to the bone and her being the last female regular left standing.

Buenos - what I mean by it being important for Lea to start taking parts that don't involving singing is the simple fact that the overwhelming majority of roles out there will require her to carry them without falling back on singing. A lot of people see her as a singer first and an actress second. I'm being realistic here - Lea came up on Broadway doing musicals but no straight plays (that I am aware of). Her role on Glee is very heavy on singing and a large number of Lea's strongest emotional performances had centered on vocal performances. The one movie part she's done thus far also featured her as a singer and I think that to expand her career, she needs to start showing that she is capable of more. That she isn't dependent on singing as a crutch to carry her performances and that she is as good an actress without singing as she is with singing. This is not meant as a slam against Rachel. She, like everyone else in the cast is going to be fighting a preconception of who they are as performers and as the defacto lead of Glee and the heavily musical bent of he career up until now, it's going to be more of a challenge for Lea.

Totally agree the parts need to be good ones (which I don't think that the one she played in NYE was) and this part in SOA can be a total departure from everything we've seen from her as an actor. I'm curious to see how they're going to de-glam her because looking like a hardscrabble waitress in the kind of place that a biker gang matriarch would frequent is a very big shift from Lea's typical appearance. I'm really interested to see how it goes.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 7/28/2014, 6:53 pm

Sons of Anarchy only airs 13 episodes a year on FX.

So I guess they start filming fairly early if Lea is already filming for the 6th episode.

it being important for Lea to start taking parts that don't involving singing is the simple fact that the overwhelming majority of roles out there will require her to carry them without falling back on singing.A lot of people see her as a singer first and an actress second.

No, I get that Ranwing.  Maybe I'm confused with your reasoning, because literally hundreds of Broadway people in the last decade have been offered non singing roles.  Nathan Lane is a prime example. Audra MacDonald who is as much of a singing Broadway star as there is, get opporutnities outside of singing roles on TV and movies.  Ditto Cheyenne Jackson.  I just don't see how if none of these other actors are irrevocably typepcast Lea is the exception where she will only be viewed as capable of a  singing role.  That's all.

I guess where we differ is that I think TV/movie people are savvy enough now that they know a Broadway or musical star is an actor who sings..    Otherwise all these Broadway people wouldn't be constantly getting these non singing roles.  (Case in point Aaron Veidt in "Southland), Jonathan Groff in several roles now.

Last edited by Buenos on 7/28/2014, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/28/2014, 8:20 pm

sons of anarchy for lea !!! very, very nice. in this case i think different is the key word and i think it's a good move for her.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/28/2014, 9:34 pm

The point that I was trying to make Buenos, is that up until now, Lea hasn't taken any parts that didn't involve a least some singing on her part. This is her first and its significant. I want her to be able to branch out and be able to take whatever role she wants.

Nathan Lane and Sara Ramirez are two great examples for her to follow. Both of them have taken significant roles both singing and non-singing. I think that musical theater is something of a security blanket for Lea, but to really push forward with her career, she needs to be Lea the Actor more and Lea the Singer less.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/28/2014, 11:36 pm

Ranwing,

I don't mind these Lea discussions at all believe it or not.  coool 

FWIW, Glee probably had the hardest working schedule in all of network TV for it's first 3 years. The cast was working 60-80 hours a week including dance rehearsals and song recordings.

I would even venture to opine  Glee probably had the hardest schedule EVER of a prime time network TV show in the last 25 years if you take into account they also hAd two summer tours back to back. So the fact that Lea only did a handful of outside projects from probably a very limited window of time neither surprises me nor do I find it easy to fault her for that.

Now that Glee is winding down I hardly find it a coincidence Lea got her first non singing role because the delay in Glee filming opened up her schedule.   Maybe I'm a minority of one but I think up to now its irrelevant that she hasn't landed a non singing role.  Once Glee finishes then we can talk about her choices and roles.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/29/2014, 5:37 am

I'll agree that Lea is doing it because she's got the free time at the moment. Which is a good thing. The fact that it's another FOX studio project made it easy to slip her in since she was available.  I doubt that it's a really huge part and it's a one off, but it's going to expose her to an audience that might not know of her and  that's good.

I feel for most of the cast (excluding Darren and Chord) because it's got to be frustrating that they can't accept work that might conflict with Glee but with the filming schedule pushed back (and now they're looking at a half season at best) they may have missed out on the chance for other work. If they're lucky, they can find a quick job like Lea's that will likely take a day or two of filming or they can scramble to get something lined up for after Glee ends. Chris said that he's starting filming on Noel as soon as he's done filming Glee and he's got other things in the works so he's going to be off and running the instant Glee concludes. Lea will likely have something lined up (whether it's another of the proposed projects with RM is anyone's guess). Kevin will also likely do fine.

That ticking sound in the background just keeps getting louder.

Last edited by Ranwing on 7/29/2014, 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/29/2014, 6:16 am

I did want Chris on Son's Of Anarchy at one time, but maybe he never wanted to be.  saispa 

I am happy for Lea, but Son's Of Anarchy already had someone from their show on Glee, so it is kind of not surprising someone from Glee would pop up on their show eventually.

Glad it is Lea though.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/29/2014, 9:39 am

Chord Overstreet is starring in a movie that's filming in Albany, NY

And the movie needs some extras.
Feature Film/Los Angeles Production - “FOURTH MAN OUT” 

Director: Andrew Nackman
Writer: Aaron Dancik

Leading Actors: Evan Todd, Chord Overstreet, Parker Young, Jon Gabrus, Kate Flannery

Synopsis:
Fourth Man Out is a comedy about an auto mechanic in a small, working-class town who comes out of the closet to his three unsuspecting, blue-collar best friends and how they all handle the change in their relationship.

Locations & Hours To Be Determined
All Meals Provided
Non-union 
All Ethnicities
No experience necessary - Feel free to forward details to your friends

CASTING IMMEDIATELY:

Gay Bar Scene - Monday, August 4
Men Bar Patrons/Age 21-45/No Pay/Photos Required
Women Bar Patrons/Age 21-45/No Pay

Strip Club Scene - Monday, August 4
Women Strippers/Age 21-35/Fit & Very Attractive/$75/Photos Required
Wear your own outfit/no nudity

Strip Club Scene - Monday, August 4
Men Club Patrons/Age 21+/No Pay
Women Club Patrons/Age 21+/Very Attractive/No Pay

Dive Bar Scene - Tuesday, August 5
Men & Women Bar Patrons/Age 21+/No Pay
Man or Woman Bartender/Age 21+/No Pay

Dive Bar Scene - Tuesday, August 5
Bartender/Age 21+/No Pay

Sports Bar Scene - Wednesday, August 6
Men & Women Bar Patrons/Age 21+/No Pay

Diner Scene - Wednesday, August 6
Men & Women Patrons/Age Teens-80/No Pay

Grandfather/Age 60+/Friday, August 8 & Saturday, August 9/No Pay

Mother/Age 45-55/Friday, August 8 & Saturday, August 9/No Pay

BBQ Scene - Friday, August 8/Saturday, August 9
Men & Women Partygoers/Age Teens-80/No Pay

Bar/Restaurant Scene - Monday, August 11 & Tuesday, August 12
Men & Women Patrons/Age 21+/No Pay

Restaurant Scene - Monday, August 11
Waiter & Waitress/Age 21+/No Pay

Restaurant Scene - Tuesday, August 12
Waitress/Age 21+/No Pay

Restaurant Scene - Tuesday/August 12
Man or Women Waitress/Age 21+/No Pay
Bartender/Age 21+/No Pay

Woman Driver In Car - Saturday, August 16

Please send your interest and photos where indicated via email ASAP to: c.cocca@coccacasting.com

Thank you very much for your interest in our project!

Carolyn Cocca
COCCA
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/29/2014, 10:13 am

By all the talk there is Lea will be doing just the one scene.

A scene with Katy Segal.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/29/2014, 10:15 am

Good for Chord. Must be an indy with a short shoot if he's doing it before starting filming on Glee.

So... Lea's got something. Kevin's got something. Naya's on her honeymoon. Chris has a bucketload of things. Amber's got something. Chord's got something. Jenna's got something.

Darren....? *crickets chirping*
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/29/2014, 10:21 am

Ranwing wrote:Good for Chord. Must be an indy with a short shoot if he's doing it before starting filming on Glee.

So... Lea's got something. Kevin's got something. Naya's on her honeymoon. Chris has a bucketload of things. Amber's got something. Chord's got something. Jenna's got something.

Darren....? *crickets chirping*

Not long before Glee starts filming and have heard nothing about Darren doing anything.

Chris was seen in a restaurant last week in Atlanta by some news reader as she tweeted about sitting near him.

Chris can afford to sit back and relax, or just write TLOS4.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/29/2014, 10:22 am

Ranwing wrote:Darren....? *crickets chirping*

Duh, Wendy. Darren is hard at work no his CD. Duh...winning!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/29/2014, 10:25 am

ColferInspired wrote:By all the talk there is Lea will be doing just the one scene.

A scene with Katy Segal.

I figured that it wasn't going to be a huge part, but it's still something. I give Lea credit for going outside her comfort zone and it's a good way to start pushing herself out of the musical theater box that I think she was stuck in.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/29/2014, 10:35 am

ColferInspired wrote:Not long before Glee starts filming and have heard nothing about Darren doing anything.

Chris was seen in a restaurant last week in Atlanta by some news reader as she tweeted about sitting near him.

Darren is in trouble. The most exciting thing he did this summer was attend a tiny convention that the D-level talent normally hits (Max was slumming). With his album in limbo and no word on him having any outside projects or any kind, I'd be damned anxious if I were him. Doing anime dubs is not exactly what I think his parents sent him to that university program had in mind.

I'm hoping that Chris is taking a little break. He sure as hell deserves it. He's got a bit over a month before starting on Glee and I'm betting that he's using this time to work with the diction coach for Noel.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/29/2014, 10:48 am

Ranwing wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Not long before Glee starts filming and have heard nothing about Darren doing anything.

Darren is in trouble. The most exciting thing he did this summer was attend a tiny convention that the D-level talent normally hits (Max was slumming). With his album in limbo and no word on him having any outside projects or any kind, I'd be damned anxious if I were him. Doing anime dubs is not exactly what I think his parents sent him to that university program had in mind.

I'm hoping that Chris is taking a little break. He sure as hell deserves it. He's got a bit over a month before starting on Glee and I'm betting that he's using this time to work with the diction coach for Noel.

I maybe be reading into something that just isn't there, but I really do wonder if Darren's star is starting to fall more and more with some of his bigger supporters. I have to say that I am still majorly surprised that Darren didn't get cast in Hair at the Hollywood Bowl, especially with Adam Shankman directing it.  It seems like he was available for it based on the lack of stuff we we are seeing from him. They didn't have to cast him as Claude or Berger, but it just seems surprising to me that he isn't involved at all with Shankman at the helm. I'm just wondering if more and more people are realizing that Darren isn't the star that Ryan Murphy believes he is.

As for Chris, I am glad to see that he has his hands in so many different things. I hope that once Glee is done, his fandom will become a bit more stable as the tinhatters move on to their next fixation and his association with Blarren is gone.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/29/2014, 11:47 am

I wouldn't read too much into this hiatus; for all we know some of the actors have projects looming after Glee that allows them to take an extended break now.

However I do think that the writers and RIB had to overhaul their SL arc for Glee with the double whammy of a shortened season and Chris no longer making the Noel movie this summer.

As to Chris, I think he's in a real good place. Along with Kevin, he seems to have made a good transition to a post Glee career seamlessly so I wonder if one of his acting gigs is a TV movie or mini series that he's scripting. The writing really does change things with him.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/29/2014, 11:49 am

Good for Chord,sincerely I thought he was gonna spend his Summer only hanging out with his friends...that's evil.

As for darren, I came across a twitter in which the person said Darren is releasing his album next year. Will see...
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/29/2014, 10:35 pm

Talking about Glee cast projects, and though rarely we talk about the newbies, Robert Ulrich tweeted this:

Robert J. Ulrich ‏@RobertJUlrich 27 de jul.
BILLY BOY!!!!!!

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 19 Btg-mzsCYAAlQHC

So Blake got the funds to shoot his film Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/30/2014, 1:10 am

Lea filming or on set for her Sons of Anarchy episode with Katy Sagal:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 19 Tumblr_n9huub1vu51ql1znmo2_r1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 19 Tumblr_n9huub1vu51ql1znmo3_r1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 19 Tumblr_n9huub1vu51ql1znmo1_r1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/30/2014, 2:17 pm

you can tell Lea knows how to smoke.  Smile 

i hope chris will nail the smoking part, especially the subconscious mannerisms. i hate smoking but it's such a great role so i hope chris will act like a natural chain smoker, hopefully w/o actually inhaling a ton of poison.

herbal cigarettes are just as carcinogenic, but w/o the nicotin it won't be addictive.

think about all the sacrifice actors have to go through in order to get a role - extreme weight gain and/or loss that may do serious harm to the body, smoking, being tossed in water/mud, shooting on location in extreme weather, etc.

Last edited by fantastica on 7/30/2014, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/30/2014, 2:19 pm

fantastica wrote:you can tell Lea knows how to smoke.  Smile 

i hope chris will nail the smoking part, especially the subconscious mannerisms. i hate smoking but it's such a great role so i hope chris will act like a natural chain smoker, hopefully w/o actually inhaling a ton of poison.

herbal cigarettes are just as carcinogenic, but w/o the nicotin it won't be addictive.

Taking this to the Noel movie thread....
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/30/2014, 2:23 pm

^ sorry. i was just mumbling. ignore what i wrote.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/30/2014, 2:31 pm

fantastica wrote:^ sorry. i was just mumbling. ignore what i wrote.

No, no! I loved what you wrote, I just wanted to expand more on what you said but was focusing on the Noel Coward part.

Yes, I agree that Lea looks like a "natural" on smoking... Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/30/2014, 2:49 pm

Oh Gods, Lea... why are you smoking? Do you want to completely ruin your voice?  beam 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/30/2014, 2:52 pm

^ say that to chris too!  Razz  well, it's for work, and she knows how to do it, so a little bit of smoking won't hurt her much. we don't know how much she does in her spare time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next