Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing 7/30/2014, 3:01 pm

Well, any enthusiasm I had for the NBC production of Peter Pan has been completely extinguished. I knew that the odds against Chris being considered for the part were pretty steep given his commitment to Glee (and then the Noel Coward biopic), but I was still excited to see the part played by a male actor (as the media indicated the show was looking to do so that it would be different). So who do they cast? Allison Williams from Girls. As if she could pass for a pre-teen boy...

I know that with these shows getting a big name in the lead role is a part of the game, but just as I thought Carrie Underwood was completely wrong for The Sound of Music, this casting has train wreak written all over it. And it's not that I thought that they necessarily had to cast Chris (though he would have been perfect)... it's that the role will again be played by a woman and they picked someone who physically cannot fit the character.

Guess that I won't be watching that night.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica 7/30/2014, 3:11 pm

don't know anything about this girl so i looked her up in google and from the pictures if she gets her head shaven and grew some mustach she can easily pass as an effeminate man.

now i don't know anything about what she sounds like. but it's a big shame that they can't cast a real guy in this role. chris will be perfect, but fox will never let him join the competition while he's still in contract w/ them.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/30/2014, 3:13 pm

I was just reading about Alison Williams being cast as Peter Pan. Though we all know Chris would have been perfect (you should have waited a year, NBC), unfortunately the timing didn't work (because Chris has to finish out his sentence on Glee and adoringly cheering on his scumbag fiancee and his self-center bestie.. I don't know how many viewers she is going to bring in, considering how small her acting resume is. Her biggest job is on Girls, which I have not seen but know gets some buzz, but correct me if I'm wrong, it's not exactly a family friend show, so kids aren't going to know who she is.

I saw Christopher Walken is going to be Hook, so that could be interesting.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/30/2014, 3:26 pm

I would have loved to have seen Chris in the part, but I didn't have any real expectations that it would happen. But the casting just seems really odd. She's on a show that the target audience likely doesn't watch and she's hardly this big name that will draw viewers. She doesn't have the slightly androgynous appearance and small stature that Cathy Rigby and Mary Martin were able to pull off so she could somewhat pass for a pre-teen boy. Frankly, I don't see an upside in this casting.

I think that I'm more disappointed that they did the usual casting a woman in the part rather than go by the earlier announcement and cast a male actor. What a novelty that would have been, and it's not as if there aren't young male actors that could have pulled it off.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/30/2014, 4:03 pm

Ranwing wrote:Oh Gods, Lea... why are you smoking? Do you want to completely ruin your voice?  beam 

Because it is part of the role.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/30/2014, 4:10 pm

Georgette888 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Oh Gods, Lea... why are you smoking? Do you want to completely ruin your voice?  beam 

The problem that she has not just been smoking for a part. Call it a... leisure activity.
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Lea-michele
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/30/2014, 4:36 pm

All things fair, Allison Williams is quite a good singer as Girls has proved, not so sure about her acting all the time though. I do remember her singing in a quite low tone though, not in a young boy register?

That photo of Lea smoking does look like BTS photo? Is it for a scene or just Segal and her having a break? I know Segals character smokes, at least used to smoke quite heavily when I watched SoA. But then again almost all characters smoke in that show.

We are discussing a lot about smoking in all the threads, aren't we. Well I feel we'll talk about it even more in the coming months.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/30/2014, 4:46 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:

The problem that she has not just been smoking for a part. Call it a... leisure activity.
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Lea-michele

Ok... But your question was in regard to the pic posted, not this old pic, so the answer still is: Because it is part of the role.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/30/2014, 4:59 pm

Read the news about Peter Pan, I won't deny I'm disappointed, so I knew the possibilities of Chris being Peter were slight, but still...I don't wanna be unfair with Alison Williams, but aren't young actors who are able to play the role?

As for Lea smoking, I know she's a singer and that is the worst she could do to her voice, but we don't know how frequently she smokes. The only times I've seen her smoking was in the picture posted with the blue dress and a paparazzi pic with Becca, so could be a social smoker or smoke when she gets too emotional.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/30/2014, 5:17 pm

lea doesn't seem like a heavy smoker, otherwise you will hear it in her voice (smokers have distinctive voices) plus real chain smokers will need a cigarette pretty much all the time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/30/2014, 5:22 pm

A surprising number of professional singers smoke, whether ocassional, social or even heavy ussage.

As to the "Peter Pan" casting, obviously NBC now thinks the event itself is big enough that they don't need a name lead actor. I think having Carrie Underwood with her big music base helped SOM with ratings, but I thought she virtually sank the production with wooden acting that wouldnt pass muster in a high school production.

Sidenote: Alison William's father is Bryan Williams, the evening news anchor for NBC, that certainly didn't hurt her chances says the cynic in me. Having said that, if she does a credible job I'm fine with her casting. At least she's an experienced actress, I'm sure they did testing to make sure she can carry a tune one hopes.

Carrie Underwood set the bar so low that I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Though TBH , I wasn't that impressed by the "True Blood " actor (Steven Boyd?) who played Von Traap.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/30/2014, 7:48 pm

Buenos wrote:A surprising number of professional singers smoke, whether ocassional, social or even heavy ussage.

I was friends with a former Broadway actor, and he said he smoked to keep his voice sounding raspy. He thought it made him stand out.

Buenos wrote:As to the "Peter Pan" casting, obviously NBC now thinks the event itself is big enough that they don't need a name lead actor.  I think having Carrie Underwood with her big music base helped SOM with ratings, but I thought she virtually sank the production with wooden acting that wouldnt pass muster in a high school production.

Sidenote: Alison William's father is Bryan Williams, the evening news anchor for NBC, that certainly didn't hurt her chances says the cynic in me.  Having said that, if she does a credible job I'm fine with her casting.  At least she's an experienced actress, I'm sure they did testing to make sure she can carry a tune one hopes.

Carrie Underwood set the bar so low that I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Though TBH , I wasn't that impressed by the "True Blood " actor (Steven Boyd?) who played Von Traap.

Carrie Underwood definitely brought down SOM. Gosh, she was awful (and some of the kids were pretty bad as well). It was a huge mistake not casting a strong actress in the role.

I don't know much about Alison Williams, but I agree that NBC may think the event is big enough without a huge name. Christopher Walken will help bring in some viewers though.

And as an aside, I love Brian Williams. I have such a school girl crush on him. LOL
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/30/2014, 9:07 pm

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/glees-harry-shum-jr-joins-722369

Harry!!!

Soo thrilled for him, to be one of the leads in a prestigious international production.

https://2img.net/u/1616/14/53/10/smiles/3933776953.gif
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/30/2014, 9:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Carrie Underwood definitely brought down SOM.  Gosh, she was awful (and some of the kids were pretty bad as well).  It was a huge mistake not casting a strong actress in the role.  

I don't know much about Alison Williams, but I agree that NBC may think the event is big enough without a huge name.  Christopher Walken will help bring in some viewers though.

The problem is that instead of casting people with strong musical theater backgrounds who can actually play the part well, we get stunt casting. They try to pick someone with a big name and who's popular in their own field (like Underwood) or who's working on a popular project (like Williams) in the hope that it'll pull in an audience. SOM was bad, but it got strong ratings and since it's a one time show (and not one that's got to survive for months in the theater), it's no great loss if the critical and musical theater purists don't like the production.

I think that I'm more disappointed that the producers fell through on their plans to cast a male actor in the part of Peter. It would have been a novelty to see Peter actually played by a young man rather than a woman that has to be butched up so that she can pass. If you squint and try really hard to ignore that Peter has breasts.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Empty Silly love songs

Post  Kurt addict 7/31/2014, 5:48 am

Just watching silly love songs! Those were the days blushh 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Empty Choke

Post  Kurt addict 7/31/2014, 8:15 am

I will never get over this or the heartache that followed, and why o why was there not a full release of music of the night!
As I'm sure you can tell I'm off for the summer, it's raining and I'm having a glee marathon,
Sometimes you just have to lol
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/1/2014, 2:28 am

Warms my heart to see how thrilled and excited Grant Gustin was representing FLASH at Comic con... wub wub 

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Btk14KBIgAAHZoeGeneral Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 BtkbpUHIcAA3GTgGeneral Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 BthYbwHCAAEzsJD
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 BtjfE7ZCUAAUzk4General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 BthjUbJCAAADlk4General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 BtgwOeYCEAAXavo
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/1/2014, 3:00 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 Tumblr_n9n1lfQNnK1rojy6eo1_r2_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/1/2014, 7:07 pm

Seeing Grant having fut at Comic Con, and reading what Kevin tweeted make feel glad for the cast Smile all of them are doing well with their personal projects. And seems Dianna is MV material, I already saw her in one of The Killers video.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/3/2014, 6:03 pm

Taken from a review of 'Hair' from Broadwayworld:
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 20 350x246xhairhb_5.JPG.pagespeed.ic.Ie-Gjoq8Cq Amber Riley, Jenna Ushkowitz, Sarah Hyland
Among the ladies, I was struck by how pretty Ushkowitz, Hyland, and Bell sounded in their respective solo ballads. I also want to point out how Ushkowitz in this show proves that she has been sorely underutilized to the fullest extent on Glee. HAIR not only showcase her already known vocal abilities, but it also revealed how wonderfully endearing and, wow, how much of an effortless comic actor she is!

And speaking of Glee... those already familiar with the beautiful vocal stylings of Ms. Riley through her work on the TV series will not be disappointed by her musical contributions to HAIR. As expected, her impeccable riffs gave me chills throughout the show (and I would like to offer my sincere apologies to the audience members next to me who had to deal with my orgasmic convulsions every time she sang something).
x

It's good to see others appreciating the talent of Glee's original cast members, something Glee failed at doing quite spectacular sometimes.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/4/2014, 3:30 pm

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/4/2014, 5:01 pm

Twitter followers Glee cast

Twitter followers in millions
Lea Michelle        4.44
Chris Colfer         2.45
Diana Agron        1.97
Jane Lynch.      1.82
Darren Criss        1.77
Naya Rivera        1.71
Keven McHale     1.47
Mark Salling        1.32
Chord Overstreet 1.29
Amber Riley         1.27
Harry Shum         1.02
Matt Morrison       .935
Jenna Ushkowitz    .872
Heather Morris.  .071

Last edited by Buenos on 8/4/2014, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/4/2014, 6:43 pm

God, I remember Chris when he got his first million. Ah, those were the days...

Who is Heather Morrison? Heather Morris doesn't have a twitter, I don't think.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 8/4/2014, 6:46 pm

Georgette888 wrote:God, I remember Chris when he got his first million. Ah, those were the days...

Who is Heather Morrison? Heather Morris doesn't have a twitter, I don't think.

I remember when Chris hit 25,000.  I was so excited for him.  ptdr 

And is Jane Morrison - Jane Lynch??
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/4/2014, 7:27 pm

Sorry, corrected it.

Jane Lynch

Heather Morris, her twitter hasn't been active for awhile.

Of the non regular guests who appeared in multiple years, Grant Gustin has the most followers 413.9 K, no doubt to increase once "Flash" starts airing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next