Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 4/15/2015, 11:24 am

fantastica wrote:^ thanks for clarifying. perhaps chris won't need to be in the studio recording like glee songs. glee songs are heavily produced to be a copycat of the original. maybe chris will sing live. i don't know. i am looking forward to him singing live or dead or both. Smile  p.s. what's the opposite of "live" singing? i know "dead" is wrong but what's the proper word/phrase?

Singing off a recorded track? Or recorded music?

I seem to recall the Movie version of "Les Miz" was sung live.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  valkeakuulas 4/15/2015, 4:21 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ thanks for clarifying. perhaps chris won't need to be in the studio recording like glee songs. glee songs are heavily produced to be a copycat of the original. maybe chris will sing live. i don't know. i am looking forward to him singing live or dead or both. Smile  p.s. what's the opposite of "live" singing? i know "dead" is wrong but what's the proper word/phrase?

Singing off a recorded track? Or recorded music?

I seem to recall the Movie version of "Les Miz" was sung live.

I was thinking it could be more like Jeremy Northam singing as Ivor Novello in Gosford Park. He sang so beautifully. I don't know if they made him sing live though.

But Chris is playing young Noel in his revue days and those songs are difficult. Listening to almost any of the songs Noel sings with Gertrude Lawrence and I'm amazed how tough it was, and how good you had to be, a performer those days. Infact Man About Town has lovely dialogue about how difficult it was.

Edit: Infact I'm still so anxious to know who they have got playing Gertrude Lawrence!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/16/2015, 3:02 am

I wish they would say when filming will start because I am starting to get impatient.

I really thought it would be this week, but still nothing. :(

Could be one of the locations is not available yet or maybe one of the cast isn't just yet.

I just want this film to start.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 4/16/2015, 3:58 am

And now Beauty and the Beast is underway, so not sure how that works with Noel's production and Ian Mckellen's availability.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/16/2015, 4:10 am

mindschemez wrote:And now Beauty and the Beast is underway, so not sure how that works with Noel's production and Ian Mckellen's [url=#]availabilityChris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Arrow-10x10[/url].

I forgot about that. :(
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 4/16/2015, 4:36 am

mindschemez wrote:And now Beauty and the Beast is underway, so not sure how that works with Noel's production and Ian Mckellen's availability.

I thought the same. They just did the first read-through for Beauty and the Beast a couple of days ago, so Sir Ian's in London. Chris is still in LA (judging from his Florence tweet) and he hasn't mentioned going to the UK for Noel, so who knows. Well, Joe Stephenson does but he's being a tease about filming schedules.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/16/2015, 4:48 am

dimpledchris wrote:
mindschemez wrote:And now Beauty and the Beast is underway, so not sure how that works with Noel's production and Ian Mckellen's [url=#]availabilityChris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Arrow-10x10[/url].

I thought the same. They just did the first read-through for Beauty and the Beast a couple of days ago, so Sir Ian's in London. Chris is still in LA (judging from his Florence tweet) and he hasn't mentioned going to the UK for Noel, so who knows. Well, Joe Stephenson does but he's being a tease about filming schedules.

If he could release some kind of date, I would be happy.

But I know film schedules can change at the last minute.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/16/2015, 5:18 am

mindschemez wrote:And now Beauty and the Beast is underway, so not sure how that works with Noel's production and Ian Mckellen's availability.
We don't know yet how big Ian McKellen's role will be in 'Noel', and his role in 'Beauty & the Beast' is only supporting (and B&tB is a movie that will obviously have a lot of CGI scenes in it, which will take up a lot of studio time but not necessarily a lot of time of the supporting cast), so it's possible he can do both roles at the same time, or shortly after one another.
Especially if either B&tB or 'Noel' schedule Ian's scenes consecutively (film all his scenes back to back, instead of him having days off inbetween because of scenes being filmed he's not in), as they often do for big name supporting actors. Ian could only be working on 'Noel' for a week or 2.

I doubt that Ian will be in that many scenes of 'Noel', even though we don't know what character he will play yet. The movie is about appr. 10 years of Noel Coward's life, and Noel met and had dealings with many people during that time.
So whatever character Ian will play in 'Noel' it probably won't be a person that was in Noel's life during the entire run of those 10 years (so in many scenes with Chris).

At least Ian is in London to film B&tB and therefore he's exactly where 'Noel' will be filmed as well. neutre
Now Chris needs to get his nicely shaped butt to London asap too! tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/16/2015, 2:21 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nmwqkzWk0t1qc4ojbo2_1280

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nmwqkzWk0t1qc4ojbo1_1280
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/16/2015, 3:16 pm

I'm so glad that Joe Stephenson is so enthusiastic about 'Noel', and also that he sometimes tweets a little tease and BTS thing solely to amuse us (I think he's quite pleasantly surprised of Chris' fandom). neutre 

Hopefully Joe's twitter-happy enthusiasm rubs off on Chris and the both of them will keep teasing us and showing us stuff during the filming of 'Noel'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/16/2015, 4:06 pm

I wonder if Joe has had to deal with any of the tinhatters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/16/2015, 4:15 pm

^I don't think they've bothered Joe so far, thankfully.
But I bet as soon as Will shows up on set or anywhere else in London while Chris is filming 'Noel' Joe will get some of the tinhatting crap directed at him as well.

Chris will probably fill in Joe and any others on the set of 'Noel' about the real life shippers, especially when something like cringeworthy crisscolfer comments appear on a 'Noel' cast or crew member's twitter or other social media and they show it to Chris. That must be embarrassing to him but it's not his fault after all.

Tbh, I think that any actor who will play Chris' love interest in the movie will get the most harassment from the tinhatters, if we (and therefore also the crisscolfers) find out who that is when they are filming. dryy

But I prefer to think happy thoughts when it comes to 'Noel'.
Something new, something fresh, something where Chris will be appreciated, and something that hopefully will have no mention at all about that dead show, that other 'actor', and those awful shippers. Just 'Noel', and Joe and Chris tweeting more costumes and other spoilers. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/16/2015, 6:15 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nmx2dnej1J1u88r6co1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/16/2015, 8:20 pm

For all we know Chris probably has [url=#]businessChris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Arrow-10x10[/url] meetings this week.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 4/16/2015, 11:23 pm

Looks like they're still in pre-production stage anyway (with Joe' storyboards and Chris' costume fittings), so it may be at least another couple of months of anticipation...
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/17/2015, 10:36 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nmydhe2bVy1thu97zo1_500

banzai panik hola bounce hiphopa thumnup
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 4/17/2015, 10:40 am

Sounds like there is a lot of buzz for Noel if joe can sound so confident! Just hurry up and do it please I'm aging as we speak, feel like we've been waiting forever! blushh
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/20/2015, 11:47 am

LOL, it may not start filming until May.    Ian McKellan is in London to be filming "Beauty and the Beast"  and we know that Chris was in New York this weekend (other projects being planned?) , but it's fun to guess when Noel is going to start production!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2015, 8:27 pm

Buenos wrote:LOL, it may not start filming until May.    Ian McKellan is in London to be filming "Beauty and the Beast"  and we know that Chris was in New York this weekend (other projects being planned?) , but it's fun to guess when Noel is going to start production!

I think Chris has been taking numerous business meetings.
Now that Glee is finished he can start planning his other projects. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/20/2015, 8:31 pm

I realise people want to see Noel, but we will all have to wait a long while for post-production and release anyway so I'd rather wait a few more months whilst they do prep so they can do an excellent film rather than a rushed, half ass job. This is a film that could really launch not only Chris' but also Joe Stephenson's career. As director, he will want to make this stellar as this is a major opportunity. So, patience... It will be worth it, I'm sure.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/23/2015, 1:55 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nn9ozpmGmi1sg9z6fo1_500

Obviously not a shocker revelation, TBH, I'll be glad when we finally have a title... coool  it sounds too XMASy for now...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2015, 11:35 pm

[list=stream-items-id]
[*] Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 HEq6suns_bigger Sue Brody@suebrody1 May 2
@JoeStephenson Happy Friday! Any #Noel or @chicken_film information you can [url=#]shareChris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Arrow-10x10[/url]? #veryhopeful
[/list]

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 9TImyXEg_biggerJoe Stephenson@JoeStephenson
@suebrody1 @chicken_film news on both this month. But not today unfortunately.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2015, 6:27 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nnshebnQ5o1u88r6co1_r2_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2015, 8:14 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nnsp0yPkwN1thu97zo1_500

Lol, Joe is such a tease. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/3/2015, 8:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 25 Tumblr_nnsp0yPkwN1thu97zo1_500

Lol, Joe is such a tease. Razz

I am thinking Joe is a bit of a perfectionist, and wants every single preparation done before filming starts. Which is good for everyone involved. Smile

And Chris won't say anything about Noel because it is not his project.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next