Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 14 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ireth 7/10/2014, 12:48 pm

bayth wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 14 Twitte23

Joe Stephenson is sweet and sarcastic.  A great combination with Chris.  I want this movie NOW!

Looking forward to twitter interactions I'm sure they'll have when filming Noel.  Smile 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 14 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  ColferInspired 7/12/2014, 12:05 am

A fan at the Naperville Anderson's Bookshop signing got this information from Chris.

constantcompanion

I asked him about Noel (starts filming in March) and how his English accent was coming along (he said it wasn’t the accent so much as how Noel was the first to sort of overenunciate everything—which was because Coward’s mother was deaf).
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/13/2014, 9:36 pm

YES!!!! Chris has confirmed that he is singing in the Noel Coward biopic. 2-3 songs. No real surprise given his singing talent - one of the major reasons that I believe he was chosen for (along with his amazing acting skills). But it's nice to get the confirmation.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/13/2014, 9:53 pm

Ranwing wrote:YES!!!! Chris has confirmed that he is singing in the Noel Coward biopic. 2-3 songs. No real surprise given his singing talent - one of the major reasons that I believe he was chosen for (along with his amazing acting skills). But it's nice to get the confirmation.

I saw that as well.  bounce
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/14/2014, 9:29 am

Very, very interesting interview on What Happens Now where Chris drops some very intriguing info on the Noel Coward film.

1) The film will start shooting early next year. I'm a bit disappointed but film shoot schedules change all the time due to all kinds of factors. I think that the possibility of Chris needing to be on hand for the shortened Glee season is a factor (given that the show just can't afford for him to be absent for half the season), but it also could be do to the availability of other actors, financing, etc. With Sir Ian doing the Sherlock Holms film, it's possible that he wasn't available at the time that the production was originally planned to begin. Regardless, Chris is doing this film - we'll just have to wait a little bit longer.

2) The producers of the film approached Chris to play the part. This is absolutely huge for a young actor, to literally be their first choice for a lead in a film and to have them come to him about the part. It really is a slap to the naysayer who insisted that Chris would be difficult to cast post-Glee and here he is, having a lead role in a film pretty much shoved into his lap.

3) Confirmation of the casting of Sir Ian, Lynn Redgrave and Jonathan Price. Other big names will also be involved, though he can't name them yet.

There are other little bits in the interview (pertaining to Glee, his wishes for Kurt's future and him not wanting to see Kurt and Blaine married though he accepts that they will have a "happily ever after and that he does indeed have a boyfriend), but the Noel film stuff was what really got me excited. For Chris to have this opportunity in less than half a year away, with Glee now in the rear view mirror just fills me with delight on Chris's behalf. While we're dealing with the aggravation that is sure to come with Glee's final season, it will be tempered by more Noel news as the film moves closer to the start of production.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/chris-colfer-answers-the-boyfriend-question-on-watch-what-happens-live-video.htm
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/14/2014, 10:31 am

And all of the already mentioned actors are quite the heavy hitters, but there were a lot of interesting characters in Noel's circle that were of his age and we have no idea who's going to be playing them, for example Ivor Novello and Esme Wynne.

I have my personal favorite to play Ivor...for instance one Mr. Hiddleston, but I doubt it'll happen, one can dream.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/14/2014, 11:06 am

hiddlestone is too old to play a 20 yr old, no?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/14/2014, 12:05 pm

Like I mentioned previously, I think it's best for Chris' preparation that the Noel movie start after Glee has completely wrapped up.

With Chris, Ian Mckellen, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce confirmed, this indie project becomes even more attractive to other actors for a cameo or supporting appearance.

With the delay in Glee production I expect Chris to fly down to England for a few weeks for more pre production stuff. So exciting.

bounce bounce 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/14/2014, 3:36 pm

fantastica wrote:hiddlestone is too old to play a 20 yr old, no?

Novello was about 6-7-yrs older than Coward and they met when Noel was in his late teens, early twenties. I should really just read his letters and biographies again to remember these things.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/14/2014, 4:08 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:

Novello was about 6-7-yrs older than Coward and they met when Noel was in his late teens, early twenties. I should really just read his letters and biographies again to remember these things.
 banzai 
Yup Novello was 6 plus years older...

So Novello could be portrayed as a 31 year old which is within Hiddlestone's physical range IMO.

Curse you all for making me dream about this now... Razz  Razz

Jeremy Northam portrayed Novello in the movie "Gosford Park" a few years back  and was wonderful.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/14/2014, 4:39 pm

Buenos wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:

banzai 
Yup Novello was 6 plus years older...

So Novello could be portrayed as a 31 year old which is within Hiddlestone's physical range IMO.

Curse you all for making me dream about this now... Razz  Razz

Jeremy Northam portrayed Novello in the movie "Gosford Park" a few years back  and was wonderful.

The possibilities are endles as long as nothing is confirmed. So lets just imagine away. Of course it would be great to get a other known british actors, but then again a relatively unknown talented actors and actresses could make the whole performance interesting.

That is one of the reasons why I think Chris was a good, and obvious choice for the writer and the director. In a grand scale of things he isn't that famous: a lot of people have heard of him and where he is mainly known but haven't really seen him act...but he has still a solid fanbase (no matter how mall compared to the big stars) and can be referred to as "the award winning Chris Colfer" to the financiers. Important for his sake is the fact that professionals have recognised his talents and are aware that he is a generous and hard worker.

His performance can be molded to/he can mold his performance to look fresh and new.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/14/2014, 4:45 pm

I agree that Chris is in an interesting sweet spot with this film.   Primarly known for Glee, he is a "name" but not a super star so there should be buzz/interest in how he handles this role without overwhelming the project.

So in that vein...I vote for Emma Thompson as his mother in the movie...
 hiphopa  hiphopa  hiphopa
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/14/2014, 5:10 pm

^ does he have a mother? i mean in the script.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/14/2014, 5:19 pm

I would think so - From what I've read Noel Coward's mother pushed him into entertainment.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/14/2014, 6:03 pm

I'm pretty sure he had an older lover at 15ish? So who will that be if they include it?

ETA: Yeah, mentor, and probable lover, Philip Streatfeild who was a society painter.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/14/2014, 7:02 pm

Georgette888 wrote:I'm pretty sure he had an older lover at 15ish? So who will that be if they include it?

ETA: Yeah, mentor, and probable lover, Philip Streatfeild who was a society painter.

Tom Hiddlestone can play him!! Razz 

If not, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, John Barrowman, Jeremy Northam, Any of them will do just fine. phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/14/2014, 7:33 pm

OMG.  Benedict Cumberbatch would be amazing.  His deep baritone and Chris' light voice.  Magic.Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 14 Eep
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/15/2014, 9:26 am

I know filming as not started yet, but I can hardly wait for this movie to come out.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2014, 11:05 am

^ i think it came out in all of our heads the moment we heard the casting news.  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/15/2014, 11:07 am

Very very true. wub 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/15/2014, 12:25 pm

Not that it's any surprise, but a fan at the DC signing asked Chris whether he was working with a dialect coach and Chris said yes.  neutre 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/15/2014, 1:32 pm

Apparently a fan at the DC signings got Chris to reveal he had had dinner with Ian McKellen.

Can you imagine?  wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/15/2014, 2:15 pm

Buenos wrote:Apparently a fan at the DC signings got Chris to reveal he had had dinner with Ian McKellen.

Can you imagine?   wub 

That just hits every *squee!!!* button that I have. I can only imagine what the two of them were able to talk about.  panik 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/17/2014, 6:33 am

Chris was asked by a fan at the signing if anyone from the Harry Potter films was going to be in the movie and Chris said most likely.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/17/2014, 6:35 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris was asked by a fan at the signing if anyone from the Harry Potter films was going to be in the movie and Chris said most likely.  neutre

Oooh, colour me intrigued.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next