Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  ColferInspired 5/9/2015, 6:17 am

Safe to assume he means the Noel biopic. neutre 

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Eo_tRx-n_normal Joe Stephenson @JoeStephenson  ·  14h 14 hours ago
After election anger, I had storyboarding to do today. I designed the most emotional scene in the film. Strangely therapeutic.
10 retweets 29 favorites
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2015, 6:36 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_nocyjirOHz1rwi7xbo1_1280

Get on with it, Joe. We want BTS pictures and other stuff of the filming. hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2015, 6:38 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_nocyjirOHz1rwi7xbo1_1280

Get on with it, Joe. We want BTS pictures and other stuff of the filming. hapitgh

Agree 100%. I hope they start filming real soon.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/15/2015, 12:18 am

please, start filming already! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/21/2015, 7:01 pm

Joe just tweeted this:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_nopyyci9141u88r6co1_500

JoeStephenson@GummiesRGreat @chriscolfer believe it or not, it’s not me delaying the announcement. I sympathise, so here’s a tie.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/21/2015, 8:06 pm

yes a tie (or a sock) is better than nothing. i will grab anything at this point - ties, straws, air, hope...

either it's delayed due to financing issues, or one or more of the "big shots" are not yet available. either way we will wait. we will have to wait even if they are already shooting, for the actual movie will take many months, if not a year or more, to surface.

yes i am very patient, until i start to throw things... Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/21/2015, 9:30 pm

Of course I'm just guessing, but from an earlier tweet the Director Joe A. Stephenson posted weeks ago there is already a scheduled production date already set. Joe just hasn't revealed it yet. coool

So I'm not sure there are any "delays" at this point, but rather that the Production company has elected not to reveal any specific details on filming yet.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/22/2015, 3:27 am

I think if they have the money and possibility to make outside shots in London they'd want to keep the exact filming dates a secret as well.. even after they actually do start filming.

Joe's smart enough to give us these little crumbs. Allthough I think he gets bombarded a lot in twitter as well. Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/26/2015, 7:01 pm

Chris just announced as a presenter for the Critics Choice Awards in LA for May 31 and his LOS stories book tour starts July 7 and ends on July 18 in LA.

If they don't announce a starting date by the end of the first week of June I would guess that NOEL will probably not start until the end of July at the earliest since it seems like a tight squeeze to fit the movie in with less than 4/5 weeks of production schedule time.

It's all good either way.    Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/27/2015, 5:19 am

What is good about this is that Chris has had a sustained period of relative quiet to make sure his writing commitments are fulfilled. I think that is good for his focus on this pivotal project when it starts.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/27/2015, 5:33 am

The timing might really work out well with awards season starting early next year. This isn't the kind of film that will need a very long post-production period. Once film and sound editing is done, the film can be set for a winter release. If it's released by midnight Dec 31, it can be considered for the Academy Awards. They would definitely want it out in time for the BAFA awards. This isn't a summer release kind of film so I expect a fairly fast turnaround time once filming ends.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/27/2015, 5:13 pm

Because we seem to get no news yet of 'Noel' and people might get worried:

- The BGoodPictures (the company that produces the Noel Coward movie) retweeted Chris' birthday instagram picture, and I don't think they'd do that if the production of the movie was in trouble.
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_np0unhBrOQ1tgney8o1_500

- And Ian McKellen tweeted about Joe Stephenson's first movie 'Chicken' today, and that can't be a coincidence either. fanny2

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_inline_np0kzh4LQD1qbjj4r_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/27/2015, 5:25 pm

I'm not worried. The film will get made - it might get made in June or in late July but it's going to get done.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/27/2015, 7:37 pm

Coincidentally enough, the movie may end up filming close to a year after the initial original production date, as IIC they had announced a "late summer" start back in May 2014.

I know Sir Ian had been filming the live action version of "Beauty and the Beast", so it would seem this will be answered regardless within a week or two by whether they set a June date.

Probably a tight efficient shooting schedule since the director has had the time for storyboards, costume fittings, etc. Plus Chris has had more time to work on that Coward "accent". coool

Not at all worried, and as others have mentioned, might even be a blessing in disguise. I can't help but feel that Chris has been taking advantage, writing, writing, and writing, and for all we know he was able to polish off 2016's 5th LOS draft. Razz

The flim could be ready for YE opening, or maybe for a 2016 Cannes Film festival gig.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/27/2015, 11:17 pm

Buenos wrote:Coincidentally enough, the movie may end up filming close to a year after the initial original production date, as IIC they had announced a "late summer" start back in May 2014.

I know Sir Ian had been filming the live action version of "Beauty and the Beast", so it would seem this will be answered regardless within a week or two by whether they set a June date.

Probably a tight efficient shooting schedule since the director has had the time for storyboards, costume fittings, etc.  Plus Chris has had more time to work on that Coward "accent".   coool

Not at all worried, and as others have mentioned, might even be a blessing in disguise.  I can't help but feel that Chris has been taking advantage, writing, writing, and writing, and for all we know he was able to polish off 2016's 5th LOS draft.   Razz

The flim could be ready for YE opening, or maybe for a 2016 Cannes Film festival gig.  

Joe did talk about going to Cannes last year, but that could have changed now.

I am expecting filming to start end of July or early August. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2015, 4:49 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_np8c27RSei1thu97zo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2015, 7:34 pm

poor joe. :( neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/1/2015, 9:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_np8c27RSei1thu97zo1_500

What does he mean? I wonder what's going on. I feel like weeks ago we had more info that now, with Chris even doing costume fitting,but now is stucked.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/1/2015, 10:47 am

Brisallie, as others have speculated, maybe another outside investor/production company has gotten involved.

So now any announcements about production have to first go through them. I don't think the production itself is stalled or postponed, rather there might be a more coordinated PR push when it all starts.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2015, 9:15 pm

i agree that they've gotten investor/producer(s) now on board so Joe is no longer the biggest boss. the flip side is that as long as moneys are in the film will definitely be made.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2015, 1:56 pm

At this point it looks likely the production is set for after Chris Book tour that ends on July 18.

in hindsight, that looks to me as a good thing because Chris can fully concentrate on Noel fiming.

Im still so excited for Chris.

It certainly looks like Ian McKellen is a huge fan of the Noel director, as he praised his film again "Chicken" that was featured in an Edinburgh film festival.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2015, 7:24 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_npc7ctNKZ91u88r6co1_r1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/2/2015, 10:37 pm

I do think big things are expected from this movie as it could really launch a lot of careers to bigger heights, not just for Chris but Joe and the crew and maybe some of the cast who are not yet big names.

I lot of time and care seems to be put into the film in preparation for when they start filming which shows a lot of dedication to this film. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2015, 11:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 26 Tumblr_npc7ctNKZ91u88r6co1_r1_500

Another 'name' actor?
bounce bounce

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/3/2015, 9:24 am

Things are moving along. Would I be happier if they were filming already? Definitely. But this seems like it's going to be a very sizable production with a long shoot (more than one month and possibly up to three) so I'm not at all troubled by what seemed like a delay. In fact, this doesn't seem like the production being set back at all. I think that they have a set start date (probably sometime this summer) with a planned release date for sometime next year.

Which is all well and good. It gives Chris the time to get some writing done and to rest up so that he's good and ready, as well as working with the diction coach. It gives the production team the time they need to get everything lined up so that filming can start on schedule and it makes sure that all the myriad people and pieces are set and in place. This isn't going to be a small production so the time that its taking to get underway is entirely understandable.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next