Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo"

5 posters

Go down

Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo" Empty Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo"

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2017, 2:38 am

hollywoodreporter.com
Chris Colfer to Star in Sci-Fi TV Drama 'Indigo' (Exclusive)
Sonar Entertainment will produce the drama, which the 'Glee' grad will create and direct.

Chris Colfer is plotting his return to TV.
The Golden Globe-winning Glee grad is teaming with Sonar Entertainment to develop sci-fi drama Indigo, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama, which Colfer created as a starring vehicle for himself, explores the mysterious world of Indigo children — those who are misdiagnosed but wildly believed to possess extraordinary paranormal abilities — and the dark forces working to exploit their powers.
Colfer will pen the script for the potential pilot and is expected to direct it as well. Keith Quinn and Colfer’s manager Rob Weisbach also exec produce alongside the actor.
A network is not yet attached but the plan at the moment is to shop the project to broadcast, cable, premium and streaming services.
For Colfer, Indigo would mark his return to series regular television following his six-season run as Kurt Hummel on Fox’s Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk/Ian Brennan phenomenon Glee.
In the years since Glee wrapped, Emmy-nominee Colfer — who also penned a season five episode of the Fox musical — has remained busy as an author. His New York Times best-selling children’s series The Land of Stories has been translated into 20 languages. The book was adapted into a film, which Colfer wrote, starred in and produced. He previously had a deal with Disney Channel to adapt The Little Leftover Witch for the small screen.
For Sonar, meanwhile, the independent studio has multiple TV series in the works including season two of MTV’s The Shannara Chronicles, AMC’s Pierce Brosnan drama The Son, David E. Kelley’s adaptation of Stephen King’s Mr. Mercedes for the Audience Network; and also serves as a distributor on FX’s Tom Hardy vehicle Taboo, among others.
Colfer is repped by ICM Partners, Rob Weisbach Creative Management and Myman Greenspan.

I wish him good luck. Smile

But with the new Legion which is about the Xmen, and all these other super hero shows, this is still a popular theme.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo" Empty Re: Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo"

Post  tanita_mors 2/17/2017, 7:06 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Finally, some tv/movie news about Chris. It's been ages.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo" Empty Re: Chris Colfer to Star in Sci Fi Drama "Indigo"

Post  Ranwing 2/17/2017, 12:54 pm

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw the news.

Am happy that Chris is returning to TV in some capacity and this sounds like the kind of show that I can really get behind. Hopefully a network will pick it up, but I'll be perfectly happy to maintain my Netflix account if he decides to go the streaming route (if it's good enough for Ken Spacey, then I'm fine with it for Chris). And I'm thrilled that Chris is doing it on his terms and will not just be writing, but directing as well. What a fantastic opportunity for him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 2/17/2017, 4:52 pm

Writing, Staring, and Directing is quite a feat! Impressive and happy for him.

I really hope this project comes to fruition. The last few media endeavors have been a bit of a letdown. As a fan I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but always hopeful!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2017, 5:32 pm

This is such exciting news!!! panik 

I must confess that though I love Chris' books (can't wait for 'Stranger Than Fanfiction' next week) I have missed his acting and seeing him regularly on tv again.
And it's amazing that he won't be only acting, but also writing and directing.

Also, having 3 'indigo' children myself, I am very interested in this new story, although I suspect that the tv-series will be a lot more exciting than real life. Razz 

Crossing my fingers that the pilot will be picked up by a network, or that the series will be on Netflix or shown somewhere else.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2017, 10:47 pm

Struck By Lightening is still on Netflix here in Australia. Smile

I am hoping Netflix picks it up because it means I can watch it and not have to download it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2017, 6:02 pm

"I have a sister with special needs and, you know, I’ve seen her get called a lot of things like disabled, and handicapped, and whatnot when she couldn’t be…the exact opposite, you know, she is so gifted in her own special way and so I really wanted to do a story that celebrates kid like her and their abilities, and I really do think there are people in this world that are capable of so many incredible things that we just don’t quite understand yet."
Chris Colfer on the meaning behind Indigo
(via ccn)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2017, 9:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
"I have a sister with special needs and, you know, I’ve seen her get called a lot of things like disabled, and handicapped, and whatnot when she couldn’t be…the exact opposite, you know, she is so gifted in her own special way and so I really wanted to do a story that celebrates kid like her and their abilities, and I really do think there are people in this world that are capable of so many incredible things that we just don’t quite understand yet."
Chris Colfer on the meaning behind Indigo
(via ccn)

He just sweet to his sister. wub

I would love to know if he has written the pilot yet.

He would have to get a cast together and that would take some time.

I just would like to know more, but he has his books right now and then the book tour the middle of this year, so it could quite some time before he can talk more about it.

His commitments to Glee got in the way with his other projects, and just plain bad luck with funding which had nothing to do with him.

I have been over optimistic and this is why I not going to go overboard and just sit back and wait to see what happens. Chris seems to have a lot of respect in the industry, and has friends like Todd Milliner, but I guess he wants to do this himself which I admire. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down