Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  ColferInspired on 5/12/2016, 9:02 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Angels Costumes is “the world’s largest costumiers, dressing the entertainment industry since 1840 and a supplier of costume to 36 Best Costume Design Oscar winning films.” They are based in London.
ccn

I think think is more confirmation that they will be filming soon as this is a tweet from one of the crew. hola
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/13/2016, 4:13 am

ColferInspired wrote:
I think think is more confirmation that they will be filming soon as this is a tweet from one of the crew. hola
Yes, finally things are starting to look like it's happening soon.

And it's also nice that this member of the crew apparently is as much a fan of Chris as we are.   neutre

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 5/13/2016, 5:41 am

We know that Chris did costume fittings (and he looks amazing in clothes from that period), but it sounds like they've got a whole wardrobe now for the film. This is very exciting and certainly hints that while we've been angsting over this, production had gone on smoothly and quietly behind the scenes.

Hopefully we'll get word shortly that Chris is heading for London and that filming will be starting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/16/2016, 9:27 am

More indication that the Noel biopic is ready to start shooting within a couple of months:

Chicken Director Joe Stephenson and Lead Scott Chambers chat making of the film.

What plans for your future are in place?

JS: My next film is a documentary, which is in production at the minute. That should be ready in a couple of months I think. Then after that, my next fiction is about the early life of Noel Coward which has been a bit delayed because of money, but it's lining up nicely. We've got a great cast.
x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/16/2016, 10:48 am

So if the Ian McKellen documentary is already in production and this interview took place last week ( Say May 2-6 timeframe) , the 2 months reference would confirm that July timetable for the start of SMLB.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/7/2016, 10:38 am

Recent Joe Stephenson interview:

https://www.filmdoo.com/blog/2016/06/06/interview-joe-stephenson-on-chicken/

Do you have any plans for future projects yet?

Lots of plans, lots of projects. I’ve wanted to be a filmmaker since I was 7 so I have folders of stories. But my next is a documentary I found myself unable to resist making, even though documentary was never an ambition of mine, and then I’m following that with a drama about the early life of Noel Coward which I couldn’t be more excited about starting.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon on 7/3/2016, 5:02 pm

Scott Chambers, the actor that was in the Chicken movie, will also be in the Noel Coward Movie.
http://www.britflicks.com/Interview/23867
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/12/2016, 3:11 pm

Entertainment Weekly: Acting wise, what’s going on with the Noel Coward biopic [directed by Joe Stephenson]? Is that still happening?

Chris Colfer: Yes. Unfortunately, we were so, so close for it to happen – I was planning on shooting it by the end of the year, but Brexit kind of complicated things with financing. It’ll probably be a little bit longer before it gets made, but I really, really hope it gets made. It’s very rare that a role like that comes to a young actor, especially to a young, gay actor. I’m really hopeful that the stars align and it happens.
via ccn

:(

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/12/2016, 4:45 pm

For my own sanity, I've gone "zen" over anything to do with the Noel Coward movie.. coool , if it happens , it happens.

Brexit i am not surprised, impacted the British film industry and well, if all the parties involved want to make it occur hopefully they can still pull it off, but all these delays , including Chris getting older for the role, doesn't bode well IMO. PLus the headaches of another shooting schedule amendable to all the parties....

Many, many projects fall by the wayside or take years to finally get made (if ever) so this is nothing unique. However I do think that Chris might start pondering how this impacts his taking up other roles as far as commitments.

Regardless Chris is a very talented actor and a career is an ongoing work in progress.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/12/2016, 9:26 pm

This is just so disappointing. :( 

I hope they find the funding somewhere so this film can get made.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 7/12/2016, 10:39 pm

ColferInspired wrote:This is just so disappointing. :( 

I hope they find the funding somewhere so this film can get made.

I totally agree 100%.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/12/2016, 10:55 pm

Buenos wrote:
For my own sanity, I've gone "zen" over anything to do with the Noel Coward movie.. coool , if it happens , it happens.  

Brexit i am not surprised,  impacted the British film industry and well, if all the parties involved want to make it occur hopefully they can still pull it off, but all these delays , including Chris getting older for the role, doesn't bode well IMO. PLus the headaches of another shooting schedule amendable to all the parties....

Many, many projects fall by the wayside or take years to finally get made (if ever) so this is nothing unique.  However I do think that Chris might start pondering how this impacts his taking up other roles as far as commitments.

Regardless Chris is a very talented actor and a career is an ongoing work in progress.

I'm with you. A while ago I decided to take anything related with Noel quietly,because is more than 2 years the project was announced,and still nothing. But if there are possibilities to keep going,fine,for me what it matters is Chris's career and want the best for him.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2016, 11:50 pm

Joe A Stephenson (SMLB Director) tweeted:

Read new draft of a certain script. Emotional journey upped x10. Pumped.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/29/2016, 9:54 pm

well, he's working on a number of projects so it's hard to say which one he's talking about. However, a script change may not make any difference in terms of funding situations. So I don't think he's talking about Noel.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon on 5/10/2017, 3:26 am

http://www.metro-films.com/films/noel/

I don't know what it means but maybe Chris is not attached to this movie anymore?

sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  TopazNixxie on 5/11/2017, 12:33 am

sjonnepon wrote:

I don't know what it means but maybe Chris is not attached to this movie anymore?

It seems Chris has left the project. It should be noted that Metro is just the sales company. I'd say ask Joe but he's been ignoring Chris' fans for a long time now. I know someone who asked him about this last week and she's still waiting for a reply.

TopazNixxie
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon on 5/11/2017, 3:12 am

TopazNixxie wrote:
sjonnepon wrote:

It seems Chris has left the project. It should be noted that Metro is just the sales company. I'd say ask Joe but he's been ignoring Chris' fans for a long time now. I know someone who asked him about this last week and she's still waiting for a reply.

aw well that sucks. Can't say i'm really sad about it, i allready thought that movie wouldn't even be filmed so for me there's not much of a difference. And Chris probably needed time for other projects like Indigo.
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  TopazNixxie on 5/11/2017, 7:57 pm

sjonnepon wrote:
TopazNixxie wrote:
sjonnepon wrote:

aw well that sucks. Can't say i'm really sad about it, i allready thought that movie wouldn't even be filmed so for me there's not much of a difference. And Chris probably needed time for other projects like Indigo.

Yeah, I'd come to terms with it not happening. They left Chris waiting over three years. I'm hoping after the TLOS tour he can concentrate on Indigo and other acting projects. Hopefully, we'll find out some info during the tour

TopazNixxie
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/9/2017, 1:12 am

I would love to hear more about Indigo. neutre 

I love the idea of Chris doing his own projects. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down