Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 7/29/2015, 1:38 am

This is why I dont give a rat's ass if they change the starting filming date several times.

"
The most important thing when finding the right person for a specific role is their talent and their energy. […] It is the case with casting a film about Noel Coward. Chris Colfer is an incredibly talented actor, he has an emotional intelligence that I believe audiences see themselves in. He also has a comparable energy to that which Noel Coward had at his age, an energy not usually associated with Noel Coward today because of who he became as he got older. It’s that combination of energy and emotional intelligence that has served him so well in Glee, and gained him so many fans. But I also know Chris has a lot more to give as an actor, so I’m going to work him very hard and it’s going to be great. We’re going to surprise a lot of people I think."

I'd wait a long time with a director who wants to tap as much of Chris potential as possible.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  fantastica 7/29/2015, 1:27 pm

the discovery of talent requires both the talent and the person who is able to see the talent (who is also a talent in that sense). Joe himself is a talent too, not only as a young upcoming director, but also a man who utilize the right talent for the job.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/29/2015, 7:15 pm

fantastica wrote:the discovery of talent requires both the talent and the person who is able to see the talent (who is also a talent in that sense). Joe himself is a talent too, not only as a young  upcoming director, but also a man who utilize the right talent for the job.

The young male lead of "Chicken" apparently fairly new and inexperienced has been getting good notices and acclaim from critics for his performance. Already it seems Joe has a gift with actors.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/30/2015, 12:43 am

^ he can be the future of spielsburg or something.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/9/2015, 2:10 am

Per the NY Post article, looks like the Stephen Fry addition to the NOEL cast might still accurate after all. neutre
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/25/2015, 4:47 pm

I can't help but think these photos of 20's London that the director retweets are "prep" work for the Noel biopic.  neutre

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/25/2015, 9:37 pm

I hadn't even considered cars and other vehicles to be a consideration when worrying about why it's taking so long for the film to start production. Even for scenes where all these historical elements are only seen in passing, it still is a huge logistical undertaking to get all those elements in place.

This film really does appear to be a much larger scale production than I think any of us expected.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/10/2015, 9:48 pm

http://chriscolfernews.co/

"[Sir Ian McKellen] is looking forward to a supporting role in a new film about the young Noël Coward, written by Martin Sherman, author of Bent which dealt with gays under the Third Reich and was a play close to his heart. ‘I haven’t yet seen the script and as usual it is waiting for finance. if it all comes together I will have a small part.’ Glee star Chris Colfer will play the gay writer."

— Richard Mowe [Eye For Film - September 10, 2015]
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/10/2015, 9:50 pm

From Chris Colfer news:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 29 Tumblr_nuhjocM81A1u88r6co1_500

joeastephenson Something in the works. If you get me. #SMLB #film #filmmaking (#obviously)

Looks like storyboards for the Noel Coward movie.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/10/2015, 11:34 pm

so they are waiting for financing. it's probably the most difficult part.

what does #SMLB stand for?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/11/2015, 3:04 am

fantastica wrote:so they are waiting for financing. it's probably the most difficult part.

what does #SMLB stand for?

Some think that Joe A. Stephenson (the Director) pretty much confirmed in a tweet that those were the initials of the title of the movie, and some have speculated that it's per some lyrics in a Noel Coward Song " Since My Life Began"  (SMLB) however not the actual title of a song.

ETA: I'm not sure that financing isn't already secure, at least the director seems to imply it's more logistics/planning and close to a done deal. Who knows? saispa
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/11/2015, 11:15 am

When is this movie going to start filming ???
They have been putting it of for months now. dryy
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/11/2015, 1:26 pm

Patience, darling. it's not easy to make a movie. money is a huge thing. movies like this will likely cost close to or over 10 million. big studios have the money but they will only spend on big blockbuster types such as super heros, established franchises, etc. This project may get delayed but it's better to wait for more money than watering it down to fit a smaller budget.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/11/2015, 2:15 pm

I have no idea of course, but my most positive speculation is that they increased the budget for the movie, made it a larger "product", as well as tried to accomodate all the actors .  I do think that while Ian Mckellen  was involved with the Disney live action version of "Beauty and the Beast' this spring/summer there was no way he would be available this summer for Noel, so the fact that he's still tied to the movie for a role is a confirmation from his quote.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/11/2015, 6:05 pm

Studios are constantly shuffling money around between projects. If one film get delayed, the money will get moved to another film and then new financing needs to be arranged for the first film. Money isn't put on hold until everything is ready.

I agree that a lot changed from the original concept for the film. First the (presumed) delay because Chris was committed to Glee, then waiting on Sir Ian's availability. The project has indeed grown in scope with more big name actors joining the cast so my guess is that filming will start this fall at one point. The budget has likewise increased to make it more of a serious prestige film and all these critical historical details are not cheap.

And I can understand why the big names in the cast are important. As highly as they might think of Chris and his talent, he's not a big name actor. Especially in England. Having actors like Sir Ian, Dame Vanessa and Stephen Fry will lend a lot of credibility to a film with a fairly unknown young actor and a young director. I think that Chris is going to surprise a lot of people with his quality of his performance, and it's not going to hurt him if he's not only acting opposite these big names but shows that he can more than keep up with them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/11/2015, 9:39 pm

I also think this can be interpreted as positive news.
Ian McKellen is talking about the movie to the media, which to me seems like he's got the green light to give the movie some publicity (which imo implicates that it's starting to film soon).

And Joe is also tweeting about it again:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 29 Tumblr_nuirjrez501s6lzbyo1_1280
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/12/2015, 2:07 am

Joe said not to believe a lot of the media unless it comes from him.

He approves of this bit of media so it is genuine.

Via Joe's tweets it never appeared they were having financial problems. It appeared others were involved in the film, other companies perhaps?

If Sir Ian is talking about it this is a good sign and I do think he now has the script.

Chris has that book event 22-25.

Chris might be one of the ones they are still waiting for.

I have no idea if Chris is doing press for The Curvy Tree or the box-set in November. saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/14/2015, 2:36 pm

The director seems pretty savvy with social media, so I don't think his tweeting storyboard artwork and responding to the Ian McKellen media articles about his role in Noel(SMLB) is a coincidence, rather it's a way to let people know that the movie prep is coming along.

At this point there is a fine line between saying too much when the movie hasn't started production yet,  and not giving out any details to fans.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/23/2015, 9:45 pm

Noel is still in the works. I think, like a lot of these independent movies, they’re finding the like very, very, very last piece of financing for it, but I remain so excited for it, I cannot wait to work with Ian Mckellen and Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce, and there’s a lot of people that have attached themselves to it since those names were announced.
— Chris Colfer (via chriscolfernews)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/23/2015, 9:51 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Noel is still in the works. I think, like a lot of these independent movies, they’re finding the like very, very, very last piece of financing for it, but I remain so excited for it, I cannot wait to work with Ian Mckellen and Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce, and there’s a lot of people that have attached themselves to it since those names were announced.
— Chris Colfer (via chriscolfernews)

I want the namnes of those 'LOT OF PEOPLE" now!!
panik panik panik panik
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/16/2015, 4:48 pm

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/ian-mckellens-performance-as-mr-holmes-delivers-sleeper-indie-hit-20151015

"On trying to get financing for a Noel Coward biopic. "A young man plays Noel Coward in the biopic, I'm playing the older actor he meets. Setting up indie movies is very hard, even if the sums needed are relatively small. Whilst we had a nice outcome on 'Mr. Holmes'—you can make small indie movie and yes it will make money and find an audience—but persuading the money people is always difficult. I did a screen test playing the young Noel Coward in "Star!" with Julie Andrews. I spent a whole day pretending to sing a song, but the role went to Daniel Massey, Noel Coward’s godson, who was nominated for an Oscar for his great performance!"

I think it's cool Ian auditioned to play Noel 45+ years ago ...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/21/2015, 7:27 am

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/film_production_newlisting.html

NOEL - November, 2015 - UK; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: The untold story of how a boy called Noel Coward became a legendary playwright, charting his early life and the people that shaped the man and his work. (Posted: October 13, 2015)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2015, 2:52 pm

So it's on next month? hope so!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/21/2015, 3:34 pm

fantastica wrote:So it's on next month? hope so!

I hope so too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2015, 9:20 pm

I'm going to keep my excitement under control until we get a definite start date for production. We've been disappointed too many times before.

Here's hoping that they get things lined up before Chris is old enough to play Noel's father.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next