Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 7/17/2014, 10:51 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris was asked by a fan at the signing if anyone from the Harry Potter films was going to be in the movie and Chris said most likely.  neutre

I think Chris would die if it's Helen Bonham Carter, of corse I want Ralph Fiennes , Alan Rickman , Gary Oldman and Emma Watson, thankyouverymuch very much. Both Chris and Emma are good friends with Roberto Aguirre ( Struck by Lightning)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ranwing 7/17/2014, 12:19 pm

I'm holding out for Maggie Smith.  coool 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/17/2014, 12:26 pm

Between Glee, Struck by lightning and now the Noel movie Chris will be building up a very nice "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" for himself.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/17/2014, 4:09 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n8uzr3RAVZ1rwi7xbo1_1280

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n8uzr3RAVZ1rwi7xbo2_1280
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine 2012 7/17/2014, 5:51 pm

Buenos wrote:Between Glee, Struck by lightning and now the Noel movie Chris will be building up a very nice "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" for himself.

Actually Chris is already one degree of separation. He and Kevin Bacon were both in "8" on stage. Now we can get the entire glee cast to Kevin in two steps...

Sunshine 2012
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/17/2014, 9:49 pm

Today at the Beaverton book signing - When asked about Noel Coward's smoking habit - Chris stated that he is going to have to learn how to smoke as he's never smoked a cigarette in his life.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/18/2014, 2:02 am

bayth wrote:Today at the Beaverton book signing -  When asked about Noel Coward's smoking habit -  Chris stated that he is going to have to learn how to smoke as he's never smoked a cigarette in his life.

I thought he was never a smoker.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2014, 2:45 am

ColferInspired wrote:
bayth wrote:Today at the Beaverton book signing -  When asked about Noel Coward's smoking habit -  Chris stated that he is going to have to learn how to smoke as he's never smoked a cigarette in his life.

How non smokers smoke for a movie role:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2167/do-non-smoking-actors-use-fake-cigarettes-when-playing-a-part
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/18/2014, 3:02 am

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

How non smokers smoke for a movie role:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2167/do-non-smoking-actors-use-fake-cigarettes-when-playing-a-part

Maybe they can work around it and have him holding the cigarette most of the time and not having to smoke it most of the time.  saispa 

Chris's grandfather died from lung cancer a few years ago and was a serious smoker.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/18/2014, 3:16 am

Just like the article said, it's still going to be massive hurdle for Chris to be smoking anything - even if it is herbal cigarettes. And I do think they have to have them made since that early cigarettes didn't have filters, which I'm sure most factory produced herbal ones have them.

They have to have a very good roller on the set.

I really do not remember which actress it was, but she said that you can learn a technique which makes the inhaling of the cigarette seem real. Maybe something like that could work.

Makes more and more sense fir Chris to be able fully concentrate on tjis film and not worry about Glee.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2014, 2:06 pm

I looove Joe Stephenson's (Noel Director) twitters

https://twitter.com/JoeStephenson/status/489067433161138176

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n8x22u8f6J1qc4ojbo1_1280
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n8x22u8f6J1qc4ojbo2_1280
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n8x22u8f6J1qc4ojbo3_1280
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/19/2014, 12:32 pm

^We're going to see Chris in a few of those.  neutre 

I wonder what the final title will be...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2014, 4:29 pm

^ in period movies everybody including the extras has to be dressed. but boy am i excited!!! i am sure when chris went to london couple of weeks ago he was measured for his costumes. now they are made! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i can't wait to see a photo of him being in one of these. w/ a smokie on his finger, yada yada yada...

yada yada yada
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2014, 7:41 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n8zctdhnzL1qe476yo1_500

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/21/2014, 9:15 am

Film ratings in the US are as follows:

G - General Audience
PG - Parental Guidance Suggested
PG13 - Parental Guidance Suggested for Viewers 13 years old and younger
R - Restricted (no viewers under age of 17 without adult)
NC17- Mature Audiences Only (no viewers under age of 17)

There sometimes is a lot of overlap between the ratings with films being very similar going from one tier to the next. Sometimes an animated film aimed at children might get a PG rating if there is any semi-realistic violence, and the difference between a PG13 and PG film might be a course word or two. It gets even murkier with R and NC17 films as both can have issues over language, sex and violence. It's nearly always sex acts that will push a film into NC17 rage (in one case in a recent film, a scene with a man performing oral sex on a woman). Because the NC17 rating is less commercially viable, the filmmakers will often make sufficient edits in order to get the more lucrative R rating.

It's highly unfair, but films with strong homosexual themes often get slapped with the R rating, even if there is no explicit sex or language. And independent films are sometimes held to more strict standards than mainstream studio films. So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that Noel might get an R rating in the US, even there aren't any particularly explicit sex scenes. It's unfortunately a very subjective system we have in the US.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/21/2014, 5:50 pm

The more I hear Chris say about 'Noel' the more interested I get.
The possible rating, the 2-3 songs, more actors to be announced..... I've heard nothing about this movie that I don't like, quite the contrary: everything is making me more excited for it.  neutre

And then there's this to add to the things to look forward to: audio of Chris speaking a bit in Noel Coward's particular accent.

It's at the end, at 4.55.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto1_250  Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto3_250

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto2_250  Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto4_250

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto5_250  Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto6_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/21/2014, 10:18 pm

Since Chris has read the screenplay ( IIRC called it "brilliant") his speculating /saying the movie may get an R rating to me means it has to touch upon adult themes including Noel's homosexuality.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/22/2014, 5:18 am

Glorfindel wrote:The more I hear Chris say about 'Noel' the more interested I get.
The possible rating, the 2-3 songs, more actors to be announced..... I've heard nothing about this movie that I don't like, quite the contrary: everything is making me more excited for it.  neutre

And then there's this to add to the things to look forward to: audio of Chris speaking a bit in Noel Coward's particular accent.

It's at the end, at 4.55.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto1_250  Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto3_250

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto2_250  Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto4_250

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto5_250  Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 15 Tumblr_n92wt83Anz1r4spfto6_250
x

From just that little snippet of how Noel Coward spoke I have to say I am impressed.  neutre 

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 7/22/2014, 11:19 am

oh yeah...he will do great with this role. Those 5 seconds were awesome!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/22/2014, 12:11 pm

He not only managed to get the cadence properly, but the tone in his voice is very, very close to Coward's actual voice. My mom pointed out that Chris's singing ability goes a long way into allowing him to modulate his tone so that he can mimic Coward accurately.

He also seemed to for a second to be playing around with Coward's mannerisms. It was wonderful to watch.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/22/2014, 12:38 pm

I'm sorry, but Chris getting to sing in his first big outside movie project, it's like Manna from heaven, seriously.

It's almost like they checked off my checklist:

Biographical role- check
Iconic figure- check
Period costumes-Edwardian- check
English accent - check
Big co-stars/acting partners - check
Singing- check
Different role from Glee- check

Chris in Edwardian clothes...

ded 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/22/2014, 12:57 pm

What I like about it is that while Chris will be singing, he's not going to play a rehash of his character from Glee. That was my biggest criticism of the character that Lea played in her first film - that it was basically an older, less obnoxious version of Rachel and didn't push her to extend her acting chops. While Coward has some similarities to Chris, there's not a lot that can be compared to Kurt. It's really going to be showing Chris is a very different light.

And if he does well, I can see this really opening doors for him. I know that Chris had talked about being offered Broadway roles and having to turn them down because of his commitment to Glee, but a good performance in this film will really silence the naysayers who keep insisting that Chris isn't able to play other characters. This film can be a total game changer for his career.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/22/2014, 1:25 pm

Chris has said he wishes when Glee started that people had asked him more how he conceptualized and fleshed out the character of Kurt. He had a very specific vision of the character, and even now the differences between Kurt and Chris can be jarring. So it's amusing that detractors were saying Chris wasn't "acting" as Kurt, he was just playing himself.

No doubt he's doing tons of research on Noel Coward, and getting a diction coach 8 months from filming sounds so much like a Chris thing.

What I love is that the movie gets him good contacts with the British film industry/ and if it works out word will get out for similar projects.

Did I mention I just loooooove Jonathan Pryce?  wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/22/2014, 1:47 pm

The odds are that Chris will have a number of things that he needs to do before filming starts. There will be run throughs with the other cast members and costume fittings. I also would not be at all surprise if Chris had to record the songs for his movie before filming begins so that they will have the tracks available for staging the scenes.

I'm just getting increasingly excited about this project. Can't wait until he's done with filming Glee so that he can get to the next phase of his career and leave all the unpleasantness behind him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/22/2014, 3:20 pm

I see no harm in getting interested in a movie about Noel Coward, or the man himself (like listening to his fabulous songs), it's just going to be feeling such a long, long wait. Especially if he starts to seriously giving these little tidbits as it gets closer to filming time.

I would have so loved to see Sharon's face after Chris talked about Noel in The Talk. I know her own way of speaking is all over the place but she was closest to English around that table. (I'll hide from the stones thrown at me because of that comment. Smile )
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next