Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  bayth 5/16/2014, 8:41 pm

Buenos wrote:IN Chris defense he was all of , what, 19 when he attempted that accent.  coool 

I think he may have been only 18. I think those were filmed during the winter of 2008/2009. The series premier was May 2009.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 5/16/2014, 9:00 pm

bayth wrote:I think he may have been only 18.

OMG, he was a baby.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/17/2014, 3:45 am

Oh, yes, I am sure that even with no training or practice at all, he would do better now. The Downton Abbey accent was better, if not perfect. And, as I said, I have a lot of confidence in him.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2014, 6:42 am

Georgette888 wrote:Oh, yes, I am sure that even with no training or practice at all, he would do better now. The Downton Abbey accent was better, if not perfect. And, as I said, I have a lot of confidence in him.
I meant to ask you about the Downtown Abbey accent this morning, if it was better than that 2008 snipbit. Glad to hear it was.
OMG, Chris was so young, inexperienced (to being interviewed) and feeling overwhelmed/thrilled back then. That video screams "I'm awkward/nerd".  Razz 

With some help, practice and determination I'm sure Chris will improve his accent and the needed typical Noel Coward style of speaking.
The people who hired him for 'Noel' are British too after all: if they had any doubts about him nailing the accent by the time they start filming they wouldn't have given him the role in the first place.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2014, 7:00 am

We have to look at the facts: Chris is American. Outside of Glee he is not very well know, so he is not really bringing star power. His book series is successful but has nothing to do with British television. Yes, he can sing and act, but many British actors are professionally trained and could do very much the same. In general, British actors are currently very much in demand because they are that good!

Long story: Chris convinced the director and producers to hire him. He must have slayed the audition. He must have given very good reason to hire an American for an iconic British role. He must have already worked hard for his British accent, as he is a perfectionist and he will try to respect Noel's legacy. So I really am not concerned at all, because the casting of Chris will most likely create a backlash, and they still decided to chose him. They have valid reason, which only can mean Chris nailed the acting and singing required for the part.

We know Chris is talented. This movie can be the platform to really emerge as an actor that will be respected and admired by critics.  In very best case, this means Cannes and maybe even award season. Of course there is always a chance the movie will be  failure (i.e. how many movies exist that look so great on paper but are a disaster in execution). But even then, I highly doubt the fault will lay with Chris. It is still a risk, because as the lead he will carry immense responsibility. Which is only fair, because the same is true if the movie will be a critical success.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/17/2014, 7:26 am

I read somewhere the writer for this biopic is award winning.

It might have been in the Screendaily article.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/17/2014, 10:59 am

ColferInspired wrote:I read somewhere the writer for this biopic is award winning.

It might have been in the Screendaily article.

I believe he won an Oscar.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/17/2014, 11:01 am

The writer wrote " Bent" which was an award winning play. It created quite a buzz in its days.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/17/2014, 12:08 pm

Martin Sherman's awards and nominations:

Dramatists Guild
Hull-Warriner Award (1980)
Pulitzer Prize nomination:
• Bent (1980)
Tony Award nominations:
• Bent (1980)
• The Boy from Oz (2003)
Laurence Olivier Award nomination:
• Rose (2000)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sherman
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/17/2014, 12:45 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Martin Sherman's awards and nominations:

Dramatists Guild
Hull-Warriner Award (1980)
Pulitzer Prize nomination:
• Bent (1980)
Tony Award nominations:
• Bent (1980)
• The Boy from Oz (2003)
Laurence Olivier Award nomination:
• Rose (2000)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sherman

And the director? I do not even know anything about Chicken, no matter how much I googled  unsure  I am not dissing him at all, I just would like to check out his work is all.
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/17/2014, 6:23 pm

Than you for the links! Smile I just really need to check out this guys work, get a tiny bit of the feel of how Noel will turn out. I am so so very anxious. panik 

I want everything to be perfect and a nice amazing wonderful experience for Chris to have, like I want this to be something Chris is just really enjoying. He deserves a good project that makes him both challenged and happy.  wub 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/17/2014, 6:34 pm

How does movie productions work in the UK?
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/17/2014, 6:49 pm

I really wouldn't get anxious. Chris, his team and all the other experienced actors connected are more qualified to judge a project than we are. *g*

As for film production in the UK, what do you want to know? Our film industry is much smaller than the US obviously and is subsidised unlike there. Here- BFI: Supporting UK Film

I have heard someone in the industry say though that the behind the scenes crew in the UK are some of the best in the world. Don't ask me for where I read that, but I remember a (US?) actor or director saying it.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2014, 7:43 pm

^What a difference this experience will be for Chris after Glee, with all the long hours and rehearsals and last minute changes and recordings, aka chaos.
And when he filmed 'Struck By Lightning' they had to rush too, getting everything done in less than 4 weeks.

Not that British movie makers don't work hard or have long hours in comparison to what Chris is used to, on the contrary I believe, but I bet the filming and production of 'Noel' will be better organized and paced, preferring quality over quantity.  suure 

Though I get the concerns for the director (Joe) of 'Noel' still being young, it's a bit funny to see that mentioned here when Chris is still so young too but has accomplished so much already.
Plus the movie will cover Noel Cowards teen and adult life, in which he managed to get to lasting success and create a firm basis for himself and his creativity at about the same age that Chris and Joe are now.   Razz tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 12:40 am

i trust UK film makers more than hollywood folks. even BBC productions are better than most of the hollywood high budget crap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/18/2014, 1:32 am

Short directed by Joe Stephenson.  I love his eye for cinematography - it's beautiful:

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/18/2014, 2:05 am

^ i like his artistic vision a lot, but i didn't get the story. is the young actor in Game of Thrones? - the one and his sister accompanied Bran to the North and sometimes got seisures?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 8 Empty Thomas Brodie sangster

Post  Kurt addict 5/18/2014, 2:42 am

Thomas has been in a few films love actually and nanny mcfee are the most memorable
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/18/2014, 3:56 am

Alchemists were thought to be searching for the elixir of life (as well as the ability to change lead into gold) that would rejuvenate or keep the possessor youthful. Think the Philosopher's Stone. Well, with a title like The Alchemistic Suitcase and that ending...
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 3:59 am

Georgette888 wrote:Alchemists were thought to be searching for the elixir of life (as well as the ability to change lead into gold) that would rejuvenate or keep the possessor youthful. Think the Philosopher's Stone. Well, with a title like The Alchemistic Suitcase and that ending...

I already like his style and his idea's.

That video had a bit of a Alfred Hitchcock look to it.

This man, just even from that short video is extremely talented and knows his craft.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/18/2014, 4:08 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I know some Chris fans are worried because Chris and his people aren't talking about the Noel Coward biopic, but the thing is they have to remember Chris is an American actor who will be playing one of Britain's most iconic figures.

If this was American then yes, they would be talking about it.

Chris just posting the pic on instagram with just Noel was tasteful and not overdone.

And this is the directors project, not Chris's.

Plus, they haven't started filming yet.

Iphenate only tweeted because they did SBL, and as Joe praised it by his tweet to Brian The Cat, they then tweeted linking the article. Then Brian The Cat tweeted as well.

And I think this is why none of Chris's friends are tweeting about it. Chris probably told them not to.

Chris is a small actor compared to this project and the stars that could be attached.

Any promotion should be with the ones making it.

Maybe later Chris will be allowed to talk about it with the media.

This I suspect will be with the British media.

I am confused. Why are people worried? Inphenate tweeted because Glenn Rigberg manages Chris and that is what management companies do- promote the projects of their clients. They have done it with the announcement of every Chris project.

Are they expecting Chris to bound around announcing stuff and giving inside information? This isn't his film. He is hired. He is behaving like a professional and allowing the process to be dictated by the film company. The announcement of and flow of information from projects that are not wholly Chris will always be managed by the film / TV / stage companies.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 4:32 am

Georgette888 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

I know some Chris fans are worried because Chris and his people aren't talking about the Noel Coward biopic, but the thing is they have to remember Chris is an American actor who will be playing one of Britain's most iconic figures.

If this was American then yes, they would be talking about it.

Chris just posting the pic on instagram with just Noel was tasteful and not overdone.

And this is the directors project, not Chris's.

Plus, they haven't started filming yet.

Iphenate only tweeted because they did SBL, and as Joe praised it by his tweet to Brian The Cat, they then tweeted linking the article. Then Brian The Cat tweeted as well.

And I think this is why none of Chris's friends are tweeting about it. Chris probably told them not to.

Chris is a small actor compared to this project and the stars that could be attached.

Any promotion should be with the ones making it.

Maybe later Chris will be allowed to talk about it with the media.

This I suspect will be with the British media.

I am confused. Why are people worried? Inphenate tweeted because Glenn Rigberg manages Chris and that is what management companies do- promote the projects of their clients. They have done it with the announcement of every Chris project.

Are they expecting Chris to bound around announcing stuff and giving inside information? This isn't his film. He is hired. He is behaving like a professional and allowing the process to be dictated by the film company. The announcement of and flow of information from projects that are not wholly Chris will always be managed by the film / TV / stage companies.

I think they are just getting impatient and just don't understand why Chris's people aren't making a big fuss about it.

I forgot Glenn Rigberg was a part of Inphenate.

We should know more from the studio in a few months.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/18/2014, 4:48 am

^ why? The movie is in pre-production. There is no need to market it. Chris tweet was sufficient enough for now.

From all the glee actors, Chris has the most projects lined up. I sincerley dont get why everyone should worry.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 4:52 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ why? The movie is in pre-production. There is no need to market it. Chris tweet was sufficient enough for now.

From all the glee actors, Chris has the most projects lined up. I sincerley dont get why everyone should worry.

Same.

It is just a few though.

Wonder if Chris is practicing his British accent tonight?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next