Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 13 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Glorfindel 7/1/2014, 8:39 am

^^^ "...a big name Hollywood actor..."    coool

I have no objection whatsoever to people in the showbizz themselves calling Chris a big name Hollywood actor.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ranwing 7/1/2014, 9:30 am

As much as his detractors might try to knock him down, Chris is regarded very highly in the industry. They don't want to admit it, but that Golden Globe award and multiple Emmy nominations do actually mean something.

Chris being cast for this part is something of a coup for both the film and for Chris. Chris gets to have his first major film role outside of Glee be both a lead part and with a well regarded cast and crew, and playing a part that will garner a lot of media and industry attention. The production team gets a lead actor that while he doesn't have a lot of film experience, has proven himself to be a versatile and talented actor that besides being able to handle the acting part of the role, would also be able to handle the singing and dancing since the figure he is portraying was a musical theater performer in his youth.

It's also telling that they wanted Chris for this part badly enough that they are scheduling production around when he can get time away from Glee. That is absolutely huge in the entertainment business. Normally if your name isn't Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt, you have to tailor your schedule around the production schedule. Chris first announced that he was attached to this film more than six months ago, which for me means that they wanted him badly enough to wait for him.

There is nothing that the detractors can say that can blunt just how big a deal this is. If this film is a critical and/or commercial success, it will go an enormous way into launching Chris into a successful film career. I couldn't be happier for him, or prouder as his fan.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/1/2014, 10:40 am

Buenos wrote:Cool article on the director from a year ago:  May 14, 2013

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/letters-opinion/much-ado-about-our-joe-s-screen-success-1-5664865
Lol, I only now had time to read the article, and I have to admit I'm a bit relieved that Joe is 'already' 29, as he looks about 19 in his pictures.  Razz After, as a fan, having gotten used to Chris' many genius projects at his early age, 29 seems very seasoned and almost old.  fanny2

BTW: I loved those Shakespeare monologues. I didn't know that was Joe's idea.  wub 

And if this article is from May 2013 then Chris and Joe had to bite their tongues for a long time before finally being allowed to spill the beans about 'Noel'.
(and then they chose to announce it literally the minute after the Glee season's finale)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/4/2014, 12:56 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n870gdxUu31qc4ojbo1_500

Gee... I wonder who he spent the past few days with? Can't think of anyone offhand....
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2014, 1:04 pm

wonder if every tweet now has to announce that it's not a hack - even the hacked ones.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/4/2014, 1:23 pm

Bahaha, the director and Chris are a match made in heaven. I cannot wait when they shot and most likely be very active via Social Media to already promote the movie for free.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/4/2014, 1:41 pm

This warms my heart.  neutre
And with that hashtag Joe's wit seems to be similar to Chris's.  Razz

Imagine the tweets we could get from the 2 of them once they really start filming the movie.  hiphopa 
*crosses fingers*
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/6/2014, 8:37 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n89nqlQCUb1qe476yo1_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 8:54 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n8e5ydmPWm1qc4ojbo1_500

Lol, he's such a tease.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/8/2014, 10:27 am

So Chris confirmed in his GMA interview that Ian McKellan, Lynn Redgrave and Jonathan Price were going to be in the Noel Coward film. Excellent news. I am utterly thrilled that Chris will be working with so many prestigious actors on his first major film.

And I desperately want Ian and his bestie (Patrick Stewart) to adopt Chris and get him into all kinds of mischief in London. I need the selfies like I need oxygen!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 10:29 am

“Yes, I’m playing Noël Coward in an upcoming biopic…Ian McKellen is in it, and Vanessa Redgrave is in it, and Jonathan Pryce. And we have a great, great cast and a lot of names that I can’t say now that are soon to join as well.”
Chris on GMA.
He confirmed all 3 actors!!!  bounce 

Chris is going to be in a movie with Gandalf/Magneto.  danse3

-ETA-
Ranwing wrote:And I desperately want Ian and his bestie (Patrick Stewart) to adopt Chris and get him into all kinds of mischief in London. I need the selfies like I need oxygen!
Oh YES!!!!!!!!!   hiphopa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/8/2014, 11:30 am

Ranwing wrote:So Chris confirmed in his GMA interview that Ian McKellan, Lynn Redgrave and Jonathan Price were going to be in the Noel Coward film. Excellent news. I am utterly thrilled that Chris will be working with so many prestigious actors on his first major film.

And I desperately want Ian and his bestie (Patrick Stewart) to adopt Chris and get him into all kinds of mischief in London. I need the selfies like I need oxygen!

So exciting to get confirmation! panik 

But I wonder about the filming dates, Chris just told a fan he'll be filming Noel next year, which is kind of late if he's run through the script already, isn't it?
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 11:34 am

^Yes it is.  :( 

Maybe Glee/Fox demanded Chris to postpone 'Noel' till after season 6 is filmed, or maybe 'Noel' had to adapt the shooting schedule because of one of the other big names actors (like Ian McKellen).  

But still..... can they re-arrange filming schedules that easily? Postponing an entire production for half a year? After all: there are so many people attached to a movie, who then all need to adjust their agendas accordingly. saispa

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n8ed6gvgM21r5ewzdo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 7/8/2014, 11:42 am

Lol, I'm sure Joe is thrilled to have Chris on board for several reasons, not only for his amazing acting skills but also his media presence  Smile . I guess this means it's OK for Chris to confirm he'll be working with Sir Ian and Vanessa Redgrave. Yay!
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/8/2014, 11:46 am

i am disappointed to learn that filming for Noel won't start til next year, but next year will come sooner than we think (because time flies faster as we get older).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/8/2014, 12:50 pm

The geek/nerd in me wants Patrick Stewart to come out in a movie with Chris than he would be 6 degrees connected to the holy grail of all fandoms;

Billy Dee Williams  "Star Wars"
Ian McKellen   "Marvel"/"Lord of the Rings"

Patrick Stewart "Star Trek"

There is a plenty of time to get a "Harry Potter" Costar in a  project with him... Razz

And if Vanessa Redgrave, Ian Mckellen and Jonthan Pryce wasn't enough, Chris said there may be MORE name actors appearing in the movie that he's not at liberty to disclose yet... hiphopa  hiphopa

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n8ebzocFoy1r295ako4_250
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/8/2014, 3:25 pm

I don't like the are start filming next year :( I was already expecting some pictures by next month or September. I also wonder why was the postpone (Glee?). But by other side how excited is that Chris is working with actors such as Ian McKellen and Vanessa Redgrave, what a great opportunity for him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/8/2014, 4:52 pm

brisallie wrote:I don't like the are start filming next year :( I was already expecting some pictures by next month or September. I also wonder why was the postpone (Glee?). But by other side how excited is that Chris is working with actors such as Ian McKellen and Vanessa Redgrave, what a great opportunity for him.

True,I agree. If Noel was postpone because of Glee,Kurt better have great storyline/s and not just be a prop to Rachel and or Blaine ,and also not just be a househusband to Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/8/2014, 5:07 pm

Once I’ve gotten over my initial disappointment that the Noel biopic  won’t be filmed this summer/fall but most likely until the spring of 2015, I can certainly see some silver linings in the pushed back schedule.

For once, Chris  won’t be doing a project in between or sandwiched between his commitment to Glee.  “Struck by Lightning” was done in the insanely  small window of opportunity between the Glee tour of 2011 and the start of Season 3.  His Land of Stories series was written, by Chris own admission,  between scenes on set or on tour, evenings, etc.  “Robo Dog” voice over was done on weekends and evenings while still filming Glee.

Yes, Chris is  a multitasking workaholic, but it would be heavenly if for once he could breathe during a project without looking over his shoulder.

This Noel project seems laden with talented cast and prima facie has a  prestigious pedigree from many of the cast/crew  involved;  and it’s going to take I imagine anywhere from 6-8 weeks to film..  I would hate for Chris  to be under the gun yet again time wise  because he has the pressure  to get back to his (legally ) first commitment of Glee to finish up the TV season.   I’d rather he be focused on the Noel role, since it’s going to be daunting enough as it is, with Chris attempting  an English accent, tackling an iconic role in England’s musical theater history, as well as playing opposite  established acting legends/giants for this production while at the same time playing the lead role.
So in hindsight it might be for the  best to get this “right” with no distraction of Glee in the midst of making the film.  Satisfaction delayed but eventually fulfilled.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/8/2014, 6:59 pm

Exactly what I was thinking, Buenos. The monkey will be off his back and he can focus on Noel with Glee dead and done.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/9/2014, 12:52 am

A part of me was disappointed, but Chris can go into this movie and Glee can just fade into the distant.

He can have his whole focus on the movie and maybe have a holiday with Will afterwards.

Plus all the press will be free of Glee questions.

He won't be Glee actor Chris Colfer, but just Hollywood actor.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/9/2014, 1:14 pm

Buenos wrote:Once I’ve gotten over my initial disappointment that the Noel biopic  won’t be filmed this summer/fall but most likely until the spring of 2015, I can certainly see some silver linings in the pushed back schedule.

For once, Chris  won’t be doing a project in between or sandwiched between his commitment to Glee.  “Struck by Lightning” was done in the insanely  small window of opportunity between the Glee tour of 2011 and the start of Season 3.  His Land of Stories series was written, by Chris own admission,  between scenes on set or on tour, evenings, etc.  “Robo Dog” voice over was done on weekends and evenings while still filming Glee.

Yes, Chris is  a multitasking workaholic, but it would be heavenly if for once he could breathe during a project without looking over his shoulder.

This Noel project seems laden with talented cast and prima facie has a  prestigious pedigree from many of the cast/crew  involved;  and it’s going to take I imagine anywhere from 6-8 weeks to film..  I would hate for Chris  to be under the gun yet again time wise  because he has the pressure  to get back to his (legally ) first commitment of Glee to finish up the TV season.   I’d rather he be focused on the Noel role, since it’s going to be daunting enough as it is, with Chris attempting  an English accent, tackling an iconic role in England’s musical theater history, as well as playing opposite  established acting legends/giants for this production while at the same time playing the lead role.
So in hindsight it might be for the  best to get this “right” with no distraction of Glee in the midst of making the film.  Satisfaction delayed but eventually fulfilled.

Thanks for being the voice of reason.  neutre 

Of course I'm disappointed that we want get filming goodies this year, but that's just because I'm a greedy fan. I'm no longer worried that there's something wrong causing the delay like Glee, thanks to what you said.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/9/2014, 1:17 pm

“Oh my god, I’m so excited for it. I was just in London. It’s just incredible, and I really didn’t know too much about him until I was approached with the project. And then, once I was like, oh yes I know that name, and I looked him up, I was just astonished by how many things that he accomplished, especially at a very, very young age. And, not to toot my own horn, but we’re very similar people, in the sense that we grew up in the theater, and we’re both writers, and actors, and musicians. So far it’s been so much fun. I gotten to, I went out to London to start prep work for it, and it was an amazing experience, just like, kind of, going around London seeing where he lived and, working with people, meeting the fellow actors. It has an amazing cast so far, and I am so excited for that project.
Chris on EW Morning Live [x]

He mentioned that the producers of 'Noel' approached him to ask him to play the part. That's quite an honor, and a tremendous vote of confidence in his talents.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/10/2014, 5:28 am

I just saw this.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n8gf79ZrWE1scawito1_500

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Tumblr_n8gf79ZrWE1scawito2_500

I do not know how long production is going be.

Ian could have other films being filmed as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/10/2014, 12:14 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 13 Twitte23

Joe Stephenson is sweet and sarcastic. A great combination with Chris. I want this movie NOW!
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next