Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 5/31/2014, 11:39 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6fs85mcAF1r5ewzdo1_500

I like this director already!  tonguue 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ranwing 5/31/2014, 11:49 am

I'm glad that it looks like the tweets are respectful and complimentary about the whole endeavor. Nothing can sour things faster than self-entitled fans pushing the boundaries of acceptable behavior (K/Blaine/Darren stans.... am looking at you).

I have absolutely no problem with Chris's popularity being a factor in him behind cast (outside of the fact that he's a tremendous actor and is ideally suited to play this particular part). Any studio would want to cast an actor where they know an audience is going to follow. That's what makes a star bankable. Chris has earned a surprising amount of professional capital at his age and I can't help from believing that this is only the start of things for him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2014, 12:27 pm

has there been a biopic in which they cast a total unknown as the main character? not counting fantasy stories utilizing real person's name such as Lincoln the Vampire Slayer (forgot the title but it's something along that line).

i didn't know Kate Blanchet before she played Queen Elizabeth I but she was a star in the making if not already one.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2014, 8:15 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm glad that it looks like the tweets are respectful and complimentary about the whole endeavor. Nothing can sour things faster than self-entitled fans pushing the boundaries of acceptable behavior (K/Blaine/Darren stans.... am looking at you).
Thank God that this movie and everyone involved but Chris has no connections whatsoever to the G and the D.
As Chris is usually not the half of the ship the more.....ah.....fanatic and less behaved 'fans' are interested in anyway hopefully this means that they won't be bothered enough to tweet the director or e.g. other actors on 'Noel'.

The director seems nice, and he's so exited, lol. 'Noel' is not only a possible major break and opportunity for just Chris!  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/2/2014, 8:51 am

Director seems to have started storyboarding. [x]
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 BpD9hjDIgAEszV3
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/2/2014, 9:15 am

valkeakuulas wrote:Director seems to have started storyboarding. [x]

That definately means that things are moving. I'm looking foward to when he starts scouting locations because it will definately give us a feel for the tone of the film.

Odds are that Chris may be shooting as early as the begining of August. I would say late August at the latest. Not at all worried that he's missing any of Glee because this is much more important at this stage of his career. He's done as much with Glee as he could (or rather, as much as they would allow him to) and now he's got to start branching out as an actor. Anyone want to bet about hearing him being cast in another film before the year is out?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/2/2014, 10:47 am

Ranwing wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:Director seems to have started storyboarding. [x]

That definately means that things are moving. I'm looking foward to when he starts scouting locations because it will definately give us a feel for the tone of the film.

Odds are that Chris may be shooting as early as the begining of August. I would say late August at the latest. Not at all worried that he's missing any of Glee because this is much more important at this stage of his career. He's done as much with Glee as he could (or rather, as much as they would allow him to) and now he's got to start branching out as an actor. Anyone want to bet about hearing him being cast in another film before the year is out?

Well, Chris did say several projects.

He won't say anything as usual, but allow the ones heading the project to, if there is another coming up.

I love that this director is giving out information.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 1:05 pm

Ranwing wrote:Odds are that Chris may be shooting as early as the begining of August. I would say late August at the latest. Not at all worried that he's missing any of Glee because this is much more important at this stage of his career. He's done as much with Glee as he could (or rather, as much as they would allow him to) and now he's got to start branching out as an actor. Anyone want to bet about hearing him being cast in another film before the year is out?

Yup, after he mentioned Robo Dog, he said he had several movie projects lined up.   Of course now we know one of them was the Noel Coward biopic  but I'm guessing there is at least one more we haven't heard about.

I'm wondering if at this point the "Asylum" movie is back on the table.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/2/2014, 1:24 pm

I think that the Asylum film might be on the backburner for now - not off the table yet, but Chris is doing other project at the moment. In a way, I'm glad that Chris is likely too busy to do it and at this point it's imporant for Chris to be marketed to other filmmakers (and not just doing his own projects). Once Chris is more established in the motion picture industry, financing for his own projects will be a lot easier to come by and it will give Chris more time to really get the script up to snuff. As good a writer as Chris was two or three years ago, he'll be that much better in a few years.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 6:00 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6k6xuN1jN1r4ezfzo3_r1_250

Hm... Chris was sighted at LAX yesterday...

Jetting off to London for preproduction on the Noel movie?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/2/2014, 6:19 pm

Buenos wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6k6xuN1jN1r4ezfzo3_r1_250

Hm... Chris was sighted at LAX yesterday...

Jetting off to London for preproduction on the Noel movie?

I can't think of anything else, as he has said he has no time for a vacation.

Costuming would have to be done.

Plus Chris should be getting a script soon.

Plus meeting the rest of the production crew.

This is all so exciting.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 6:21 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6k6xuN1jN1r4ezfzo3_r1_250
Plus he's wearing a Union Jack Tee shirt... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/2/2014, 6:27 pm

Buenos wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6k6xuN1jN1r4ezfzo3_r1_250
Plus he's wearing a Union Jack Tee shirt... Razz

Actually it's this one:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Article-2351429-1A90ED90000005DC-139_634x959
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2014, 6:56 pm

As soon as I saw the pics of Chris at the airport I thought "this could be him going to England for pre-prodution of 'Noel'".  Razz 

ColferInspired wrote:I love that this director is giving out information.  neutre
Me too.  Smile
Hopefully this leads to a lot of spoilers, or at least some sort of info about Chris and 'Noel'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 7:12 pm

Ranwing wrote:I think that the Asylum film might be on the backburner for now - not off the table yet, but Chris is doing other project at the moment. In a way, I'm glad that Chris is likely too busy to do it and at this point it's imporant for Chris to be marketed to other filmmakers (and not just doing his own projects). Once Chris is more established in the motion picture industry, financing for his own projects will be a lot easier to come by and it will give Chris more time to really get the script up to snuff. As good a writer as Chris was two or three years ago, he'll be that much better in a few years.
Yes, I agree that Asylum might not follow Noel and Glee, but the fact that Chris is saying he has at least 3 meetings a month regarding Asylum, I'm thinking the movie is back to being planned depending on his schedule opening up.  AS a producer of that film (I'm assuming) and the not the lead character, I'm guessing  it will be penciled in sometime in 2015.

The other movie project is I suspect another outside venture. 

I'm still hoping against hope they finish the screenplay for the "Bare foot Bandit" that Dustin Black was purportedly writing, as there were rumors swirling that Chris was vying for the lead role in that production.

Either way, Chris's schedule is going to open up by February 2015 at the latest.

The wonderful thing about "Noel" is that Chris will be working a movie that is scripted ahead of time and there is no dance or singing rehearsals but only "acting" the character that Chris has to worry about.   Chris has worked in the hectic world of TV production or his rushed (20 day shoot) SBL movie, or the quickly made youtube of "8"  that I wonder if he's going to find it strange to work on an outside production at a relatively "leisurely" pace in comparison.   Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/2/2014, 7:20 pm

I'm not sure if anybody here is an expert in movies, but as we already know the director has started the storyboarding, then what comes next? I'm just trying to speculate when the filming might start.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 8:02 pm

https://twitter.com/JoeStephenson

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 5hGZ_79V_normal Joe Alexander @JoeStephenson  ·  May 31
This is still making me chuckle.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Bo9iMEjIAAAoN0c

OMG the director of "Noel" is a hoot...

He and Chris are going to get along just fine... ptdr
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/3/2014, 2:12 am

Retweeted by Joe Alexander

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Small_logo_normalAndy Gotts @DrGotts  ·  May 31
This is why I adore my job. An outtake of my shoot with the best of friends @IanMcKellen & @SirPatStew #icons

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Bo-7MOsIAAAhmrv
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/3/2014, 2:16 am

Retweeted by Joe Alexander
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 CI0q5W6X_normalsophia @coIfink  ·  May 28
This is going to be an astounding film, the sheer amount of "talent" going along with the project is like...wow http://www.bgoodpicturecompany.com/untitled-noel-coward-biopic/ …

Razz  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/10/2014, 1:54 pm

The Noel Director is teasing again!   Razz  Possible starting filming date I hope?
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6wpoqEYDE1qc4ojbo1_1280
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/11/2014, 12:00 am

Buenos wrote:The Noel Director is teasing again!   Razz  Possible starting filming date I hope?
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Tumblr_n6wpoqEYDE1qc4ojbo1_1280

Chris has a habit of doing this as well.  Razz

He loves to tease.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/11/2014, 1:55 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 5hGZ_79V_biggerJoe Stephenson@JoeStephenson
Storyboarding in the sun. The rule is: draw a panel, 5 minute tanning break, repeat. pic.twitter.com/eBcALItFH7
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Bp2DpTQIAAAUJ4U
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/11/2014, 10:39 pm

Buenos wrote:Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 5hGZ_79V_biggerJoe Stephenson@JoeStephenson
Storyboarding in the sun. The rule is: draw a panel, 5 minute tanning break, repeat. pic.twitter.com/eBcALItFH7
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 10 Bp2DpTQIAAAUJ4U

Is that a Diet Coke I spy.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/12/2014, 11:49 am

The joys of having a social media savvy directors. We are at the beginning of a beautiful Chris period. I can feel it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/12/2014, 12:57 pm

It's fun to have a view into where the production process stands at a given moment. Storyboarding is still an early stage component, but it's critical in giving the director and crew an idea of how the individial scenes and shots are going to lay out. I'm under the impression that by this point casting and locations are pretty much confirmed and this is the first part of actually planning out the filming of the movie.

It's really exciting to have Chris involved in this project and I can't wait for additional news.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next