Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 11 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 6/12/2014, 1:17 pm

They said with the initial press release that the movie would start filming "late summer" which to me implies late August to early September as the starting point.  So doing the storyboards now sounds about right,  especially with a completed script in hand.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 11 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Glorfindel 6/16/2014, 10:54 am

Patrick Wolf to Score Chris Colfer Pic about Noel Coward

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 11 Patrick-wolf

LONDON — English singer-songwriter Patrick Wolf has attached to score B Good Picture Company’s film about the early life of Noel Coward, in which “Glee” star Chris Colfer plays Coward.

The pic is scripted by playwright Martin Sherman (“Bent,” “Mrs Henderson Presents”), and will be helmed by Joe Stephenson. Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce are in talks to join the cast.

Wolf, who is best known for his use of classical instruments and electro-acoustic composition, has contributed to the soundtracks of such films as John Maybury’s “The Edge of Love” and Samantha Morton’s “The Unloved,” but this will be his first score.

“I am so thrilled for my first film soundtrack composition to be about Noel Coward’s early life. We both grew up in the same parts of South West London, and began our journeys onto the stage and into writing at the same precocious age,” Wolf said.

“The script, director, Noel Coward Estate and the cast attached combined are already in perfect synergy to make this something magical.”

As well as recording his sixth studio album, Patrick is performing at a selection of shows this year, including a special one-off show with Patti Smith in Paris next month.

The film, currently given the working title “Noel,” is working to a late summer shoot. It was developed with assistance from the British Film Institute, and with the support of the Noel Coward Estate. It is produced by Stephenson, Colin Vaines, Julia Valentine, Jane Wright, Enfys Dickinson and Dan Pickering. Metro International is selling worldwide.

“Noel” will be the second feature from Stephenson, who recently completed his first, “Chicken,” starring Yasmin Paige (“The Double”), Scott Chambers and Morgan Watkins (“Wild Bill”).
x

This movie seems to be full of young, talented artists who have shown very promising first projects, and who are hopefully slowly but surely making their way to the top.  neutre

An advantage of using young artists is that their creativity is still fresh and new, and they are very eager to prove themselves.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/16/2014, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/16/2014, 10:59 am

Ach! You beat me too it, Marie!

I love Patrick Wolf and this really looks like it's a projected aimed at really promoting new young talent (in both lead actor, director and music). And the amount of press that the film is getting (as well as Chris's name being featured so heavily in all the promotional releases) really is giving the impression that there is a significant level of industry interest I this production.

I'm home sick now with a massive cold and this definitely put a smile on my face.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/16/2014, 11:03 am

Ranwing wrote:I love Patrick Wolf and this really looks like it's a projected aimed at really promoting new young talent (in both lead actor, director and music).
Hee, look at the last sentence I added to my previous post while you were posting yours.  fanny2

Hope you're feeling well soon.  bisou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/16/2014, 11:08 am

You beat me to it as well Marie.  Razz 

Hope you feel better soon Ranwing.  cvece
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/16/2014, 11:13 am

panik 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/16/2014, 11:28 am

Ranwing wrote:Ach! You beat me too it, Marie.
ColferInspired wrote:You beat me to it as well Marie.  Razz
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 11 Smileys-sieger-077558     tonguue

This really is exciting news.
And I just love how they're bringing in even more LGBTQ people to make this movie about an important LGBTQ artist.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2014, 11:57 am

all great artists were once young.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/16/2014, 12:14 pm

Thought I would check out some of his music.

Just found myself a new artist to love.

He is really good.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/16/2014, 12:32 pm

I love it when unexpected musicians score films and tv shows. Trent Reznor (from Nine Inch Nails) had never scored an entire film before being picked to score The Social Network and ended up winning an Oscar for his work. Sometimes thinking outside of the box really pays off.

Young production company, young director, young lead, young score director... this isn't going to be the same old same old biopic.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/16/2014, 1:11 pm

Ranwing wrote:I love it when unexpected musicians score films and tv shows. Trent Reznor (from Nine Inch Nails) had never scored an entire film before being picked to score The Social Network and ended up winning an Oscar for his work. Sometimes thinking outside of the box really pays off.

Young production company, young director, young lead, young score director... this isn't going to be the same old same old biopic.

Indeed, and yet it seems it will an interesting mix with older established thespians such as McKellen, Redgrave and Pryce in the mix.

It's like they're getting the best of both worlds.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/16/2014, 2:30 pm

Edited to delete duplicate.

Last edited by bayth on 6/16/2014, 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/16/2014, 2:34 pm

Patrick Wolfs' early music is 80s influenced.  His later music is very different.  I love it.  

A cover of Lana Del Ray "Born To Die".

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/16/2014, 4:51 pm

Patrick Wolf to score! I swear dropping these lovely suprises is just a way to make us insane. I bet there isn't much left of us when the actual material from the set starts to flow. Nothing but good news from this production so far.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/16/2014, 6:11 pm

God, I am excited for this production. Everything seems to be quality goods so far.  Smile 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/16/2014, 9:46 pm

Just saw this on Porcelain Fans.

Script writer Martin Sherman - LGBTQ
Director , Joe Stevenson - LGBTQ
Main Character, Noel Coward - Iconic LQBTQ
Lead Actor, Chris Colfer - LGBTQ
Co-Star, Sir Ian MacKellan - LGBTQ
Co-Star, Vanessa Redgrave, Well-known LGBTQ Ally and daughter of Michael Redgrave - Noel Coward's lover
Co-Star, Jonathan Pryce - Outspoken LGBTQ supporter and Ally.

Some think this could be a passion project, but I agree with others this could be something more as well as a passion project.

And add Patrick Wolf to this as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2014, 10:38 pm

so are Ian and the other 2 actors confirmed?

i am glad that so many LGBT artists are supporting this project.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/16/2014, 10:43 pm

fantastica wrote:so are Ian and the other 2 actors confirmed?

i am glad that so many LGBT artists are supporting this project.

Must be, if Joe is storyboarding and filming is due to start in late summer.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/16/2014, 10:55 pm

what does the Q in LGBTQ stand for?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/17/2014, 12:31 am

fantastica wrote:what does the Q in LGBTQ stand for?

Queer
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/17/2014, 12:54 am

I will say that Chris movie hopefully shreds one of the  transparent doublespeak that people claim about Chris while pretending they are not shading him, namely that Chris would prefer a post Glee career behind the scenes, aka writing.  MInd you, his starring in SBL,  in a movie he wrote and produced, as well his interviews where he professes his love of acting should be enough.

However, starring in an outside movie as the lead  even taking on an English accent should put to rest these annoying posters who claim Chris himself is more interested in writing than acting.

Or at least not give these nay sayers a convenient cover.

Last edited by Buenos on 6/18/2014, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/17/2014, 8:00 am

Buenos wrote:However, starring in an outside movie as the lead  even taking on an English accent should put to rest these annoying posters who claim Chris himself is more interested in writing than acting.
...plus the claim that Chris is only playing himself.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/17/2014, 8:58 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:However, starring in an outside movie as the lead  even taking on an English accent should put to rest these annoying posters who claim Chris himself is more interested in writing than acting.
...plus the claim that Chris is only playing himself.  Rolling Eyes

Definitely, but of course these "observers'" conveniently forget his role and acting as Carson in SBL which was 180 from the character of Kurt.

I would add that the director apparently working on the storyboards as well as announcing the person who will score the film also belies somes' "concern" that the movie is far from an actual viable project.  Rolling Eyes 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/17/2014, 10:04 am

And we know who all these naysayers are. Nearly all of them are Darren stans who can't fathom the idea that their favorite isn't exactly a hot commodity in Hollywood and likely won’t have this amazing career post-Glee while Chris is proving that he’s not only a highly regarded serious young actor, but one that is in demand as well.

I suppose that we should feel sorry for them, given that the only thing they have to enjoy this summer is go to on and on about Darren's "sold out" tour from last year. And they can enjoy the fact that Darren is going to be the de facto male lead on Glee (given that the show by any right should be canceled and is nothing but a joke). We've got a few weeks of Chris being quiet (and hopefully getting some badly needed rest) before his episode of Hot In Cleveland airs, his book tour gets started and then he leaves to film his movie.

So they can just suck on it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/20/2014, 7:03 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 11 Tumblr_n7h2m4JAKi1qc4ojbo1_500

I'm starting to really like this guy.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next