Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Georgette888 5/18/2014, 5:14 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I think they are just getting impatient and just don't understand why Chris's people aren't making a big fuss about it.

Nobody ever makes a fuss for pre-production. A trade paper / site announces a project and then pre-production continues.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  bayth 5/18/2014, 9:25 am

ColferInspired wrote:I already like his style and his idea's.

That video had a bit of a Alfred Hitchcock look to it.

This man, just even from that short video is extremely talented and knows his craft.

I was seeing Orson Wells. Have you seen 'Citizen Kane'? The camera angles and use of unusual lens were his ideas back in the early 40s. He made that film when he was 25.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2014, 9:36 am

bayth wrote:

This man, just even from that short video is extremely talented and knows his craft.

I was seeing Orson Wells.  Have you seen 'Citizen Kane'?  The camera angles and use of unusual lens were his ideas back in the early 40s.  He made that film when he was 25.

Yes, I have seen it. Wonderful film.

Didn't it win an academy award or awards?

I can't remember.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/18/2014, 9:49 am

Georgette888 wrote:I am confused. Why are people worried? Inphenate tweeted because Glenn Rigberg manages Chris and that is what management companies do- promote the projects of their clients. They have done it with the announcement of every Chris project.

Are they expecting Chris to bound around announcing stuff and giving inside information? This isn't his film. He is hired. He is behaving like a professional and allowing the process to be dictated by the film company. The announcement of and flow of information from projects that are not wholly Chris will always be managed by the film / TV / stage companies.
Agreed, and there have been multiple newswebsites reporting about it. There's nothing to worry about, imo. The movie is only in pre-production now.  
The announcement has been made via several sources (including Chris himself, and this time he doesn't need to do all the promoting himself). Granted: not all projects eventually make it, evenin this already progressed stage, but most do, and they wouldn't have announced it if it didn't have enough backing or was still on shaky grounds.

bayth wrote:

I was seeing Orson Wells.  Have you seen 'Citizen Kane'?  The camera angles and use of unusual lens were his ideas back in the early 40s.  He made that film when he was 25.
It had a bit of both imo, but whoever he was trying to channel or if this was all Joe's own vision: I loved it.
The cinematography is very nice: the beautiful staircase, the angle they showed the doorknob, the way he used the black and white to his advantage, the styling of the clothes and the suitcase.

I'm glad to have seen this shortfilm, especially as it also seems to take place in the same era/time as Noel Coward's early years.

This is going to be good!  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/18/2014, 10:51 am

We don't even have a starting date for filming other than "late summer" so I'm not surprised they are not disclosing more details yet. It's premature.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/18/2014, 11:36 am

bayth wrote:Short directed by Joe Stephenson.  I love his eye for cinematography - it's beautiful:

source

I'm just thinking (after watching this) that it would be very bold for the biopic to be filmed in black and white. I love how atmospheric b&w films can be and Chris looks absolutely stunning when shot in b&w (thinking back to the Vogue clip, but also his numerous photo shoots over the past few years.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/19/2014, 11:15 am

I had a thought about Noel. I wonder if a.) Chris has a contract that gives him a percentage of the profits and b.) if he does and puts any money into the movie if he'll have a producer credit.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/19/2014, 12:35 pm

One of the articles mentioned that they were still look for financing, if that is accurate, I'm curious how firm the "late summer date" is.

If Glee is still a go this fall in some form, I would imagine that they would have to get something worked out because they can't keep the scripts on the show on hold forever depending on Chris' involvement with the movie project.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/19/2014, 1:26 pm

^ total speculation since i know nothing about the project other than what's announced, but i guess chris will only put his name and money into a project if he's the EXECUTIVE producer. in other words, if he can't control everything, he might as well let others do it. at least you won't get blamed left and right and lose a bunch if the movie flops later (and most movies tend to be floppers)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/19/2014, 1:43 pm

fantastica wrote:^ total speculation since i know nothing about the project other than what's announced, but i guess chris will only put his name and money into a project if he's the EXECUTIVE producer. in other words, if he can't control everything, he might as well let others do it. at least you won't get blamed left and right and lose a bunch if the movie flops later (and most movies tend to be floppers)

Well, this movie already has announced producers and apparently was being developed for over a year with a script (I'm assuming that Chris got an early draft of the screen play) so my guess is that it's a project that on it's own was developing and either Chris' people contacted them or they reached out to Chris.

He's only 24 and has one movie under his belt, so I suspect that Chris will probably be in different movies where he's "only" hired to act, as opposed to produce or write.

Actors routinely do form production companies to find scripts for themselves and I wouldn't be surprised if Chris goes that route.

ETA: He was sort of "spoiled" getting his first screenplay produced and filmed by the age of 21, but I suspect that by now Chris realizes what a freak occurrence that was, especially with how long "Asylum" is taking to become a reality.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2014, 2:59 am

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/2014/05/22/tbt-20th-century-wit-noel-coward

#TBT: The 20th Century Wit of Noel Coward

With Glee's Chris Colfer readying to play Coward in a film shooting this summer, Throwback Thursday takes this opportunity to review the wit of the Master.
BY Christopher Harrity
May 22 2014 4:00 AM ET

We are terribly pleased to hear Chris Colfer will be portraying Noël Coward in a film shooting this summer. Coward was astoundingly productive and amazingly famous for most of the last century. His first play was written in 1917 and his songs enjoyed a big revival in the '60s and '70s. His plays Private Lives, Design for Living, and Blithe Spirit still enjoy rollicking productions and they were all made into films. His songs are the essence of wit and clever syncopation. And his life, though reasonably discreet, was led with style and panache.  

In praise of Coward's versatility, Lord Mountbatten said, in a tribute on Coward's 70th birthday, "There are probably greater painters than Noël, greater novelists than Noël, greater librettists, greater composers of music, greater singers, greater dancers, greater comedians, greater tragedians, greater stage producers, greater film directors, greater cabaret artists, greater TV stars. If there are, they are 14 different people. Only one man combined all 14 different labels – the Master."

Chris Colfer has quite the silk dressing gown to fill.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/28/2014, 8:45 am

There is a website.

http://www.bgoodpicturecompany.com/untitled-noel-coward-biopic/

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 Tumblr_n6a6v7ils11r5ewzdo1_500

UNTITLED NOEL COWARD BIOPIC

WRITTEN BY MARTIN SHERMAN
The untold story of how a boy called Noel Coward became a legendary playwright, charting his early life and the people that shaped the man and his work. Written by Martin Sherman (Bent, Mrs Henderson Presents) developed with assistance from the British Film Institute, in full cooperation with the Noel Coward Estate.
Starring 
Chris Colfer (Glee) as Noel Coward
Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave & Jonathan Pryce in talks to also star
More details soon
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/28/2014, 11:09 am

^Oooooh, I love that picture.  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/28/2014, 11:49 am

^ is that an official site? i thought it was fan made.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/28/2014, 12:05 pm

The director tweeted with that photo included, so assuming it it the production company's pre promo photo.[x]
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/28/2014, 1:22 pm

fantastica wrote:^ is that an official site? i thought it was fan made.

Well it has their address on the home page so it seems like the official website of the production company,plus  it has pages for all their projects.

Not sure how things work out in the UK, but in the US it's odd to list who is considering getting a role in a movie as part of the official promo info, usually that is reserved when the actors are signed up.

So I"m assuming that Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce are close to being committed to the project?   saispa
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/28/2014, 1:35 pm

At this point, I would say that the three of them were comitted and that some final particulars were being worked out. There's no point in name dropping or having an anticipated production start date just a few months from now if things weren't already pretty much lined up.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/29/2014, 11:49 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 272989_1000

Now that the preparation has started.

Filming should start right on schedule.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/30/2014, 12:15 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 272989_1000

Best tweet of the day....!!

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/30/2014, 3:54 pm

It's really starting now!  hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/30/2014, 4:41 pm

YES YES YES - Such great news!  bounce 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/30/2014, 4:58 pm

I'm expecting that Chris will be making several trips to England before productions official start for costume fittings and pre-production promo shoots. I would think that there will be a lot of media interest in England over this film because Coward was such a respected and beloved icon and because Chris is very popular there. If this film really turns out to be a great one, it can be one of those biopics that makes the jump from being an artistic tribute to a cultural phenomenon of it's own.

I really can't express just how happy it makes me that Chris is doing this film.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/30/2014, 5:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm expecting that Chris will be making several trips to England before productions official start for costume fittings and pre-production promo shoots..

I suspect that Chris requested at least 2 months off from Glee.  Since the show runners were operating on the assumption that Glee was going to have a 22 episode order with a full season of shooting they OK'd it.

Would they have done it if they knew Glee was going to have 13 or less episodes to shoot?   saispa 

Good timing for Chris I must admit..and more than a little bit of luck.    sifflou
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/31/2014, 5:40 am

Buenos wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I'm expecting that Chris will be making several trips to England before productions official start for costume fittings and pre-production promo shoots..

I suspect that Chris requested at least 2 months off from Glee.  Since the show runners were operating on the assumption that Glee was going to have a 22 episode order with a full season of shooting they OK'd it.

Would they have done it if they knew Glee was going to have 13 or less episodes to shoot?   saispa 

Good timing for Chris I must admit..and more than a little bit of luck.    sifflou

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 Tumblr_n3jwsszMV21rk63wco3_r1_250Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 Tumblr_n3jwsszMV21rk63wco6_r3_250
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2014, 9:49 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 9 Tumblr_n6fs85mcAF1r5ewzdo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next