Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
coxfire
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
Ireth
valkeakuulas
sjonnepon
sheny
ColferInspired
ChrisColfersLightning
fantastica
TimF
brisallie
AnneNeville
Buenos
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/1/2014, 9:52 pm

Ranwing wrote:Thank the Gods that Blaine is moving out. Shame that they're not breaking up but I'll take what I can get.
Agree. I stop watching this episode because it had me disliking Blaine even more than I already did and made me dislike Elliot.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/1/2014, 9:53 pm

Ranwing wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:OMG Blaine jealous is just annoying.  He's crazy psycho.  Run Kurt run. 

Elliot is really making me dislike him even more.

You were apart because you are a cheating bastard, Blaine.

Agree   Kurt should Run I am disappointed   that Elliot seemed to turned into a Blaine stan.  I wanted him to stay ,but now I don't. Evil or Very Mad badday antifana 

I didn't take him as a Blaine stan. And if his conversation with Blaine got him to move out... score!

Good point.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 9:54 pm

I just realized.  We're going to be seeing a preview of bash in a few minutes. Oh Kurt.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/1/2014, 9:55 pm

For goodness sake Elliot is not a fucking Blaine Stan, he's a nice guy.

Geeze not everyone has to hate each other or have an antagonistic relationship, so far Elliot has taken the high road with EVERyONE on the show. Kurt, Rachel, Santana and now Blaine.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/1/2014, 9:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I just realized.  We're going to be seeing a preview of bash in a few minutes. Oh Kurt.

Agree. Hopefully, Bash will make Blaine Grow up and stop being a hypocrite.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/1/2014, 9:59 pm

Really don't like Lea's rendition of People. It's not my favorite song (far from it) but she has such an overwrought style that I just have a low tolerance.

Did they cut the Elliot/Kurt guyliner scene?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 9:59 pm

So, Mercedes is going to rent her second room to Blaine and Sam.  So, not only are Sam and Blaine living together, they are sharing a bedroom too?  Why not share a bed too? Sure Blaine is going to love seeing Sam around the apartment.

Oh wow.  Klaine holding hands. 

Gosh, this episode is one big Klainer wet dream.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 10:00 pm

OK, the preview?  Rachel telling Kurt he's afraid of being a real adult?  He is the most adult of them all! Screw you, Rachel is right.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/1/2014, 10:01 pm

Oh crap... the promo for Bash...

Thank you for telling Rachel to screw off. Whatever happened, it's long overdue.

They are definitely not going to pull punches in the assault scene. No pun intended.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/1/2014, 10:02 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:OK, the preview?  Rachel telling Kurt he's afraid of being a real adult?  He is the most adult of them all! Screw you, Rachel is right.

Want to bet that because she's dropping out of NYADA (because she's a big star now and doesn't need some teacher telling her that she isn't perfect) that she expects Kurt to be a "grown up" and quit too. To make her feel like she's not going out on a limb on her own.

Yeah... screw you, Rachel.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/1/2014, 10:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:OK, the preview?  Rachel telling Kurt he's afraid of being a real adult?  He is the most adult of them all! Screw you, Rachel is right.

The preview is causing me anxiety. And I have been wantiing him to say screw you Rachel for awhile now.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/1/2014, 10:13 pm

Probably is better to wait for the context...but I feel isn't the first time Rachel insinuates to Kurt that he needs to grown up,

Last edited by brisallie on 4/1/2014, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/1/2014, 10:15 pm

brisallie wrote:

Probably is better to wait for the context...but I feel isn't the first time Rachel insinuates to Kurt that he needs to grown up, didn't she said something similar in 'Naked'?

She also said he was boring earlier this season.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/1/2014, 10:19 pm

Buenos wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Probably is better to wait for the context...but I feel isn't the first time Rachel insinuates to Kurt that he needs to grown up, didn't she said something similar in 'Naked'?

She also said he was boring earlier this season.

In the 'twerk' episode, right? Got it, if Rachel feels she has to liven up things to 'grow up', fine, but is up to Kurt how does he live his life.

P.S Was the scene in which Kurt and Elliot wear eyeliner and sexy leather outfit cut? Someone commented that on twitter
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/1/2014, 10:20 pm

Have to say that this is some of the best character development (for the most part) that we've seen in a long time. Even Blam was fairly tolerable. See what happens when we get rid of the McKinley deadwood?

Rachel - Rachel's character is fascinating because of all the group, I don't see her having a real core identity. She is such a performer that pretty much everything she does is an act. One minute she plays the young starlet, and when that becomes inconvenient, she switches roles back to the girl about town. Complete with costume changes. And again, we're back to her airs because she's now a star. Rachel's character is changing... by taking giant steps backwards.

Blaine - Ah, my least favorite flavor. Dense, clingy, got to stick his nose into everything Blaine. Slowly taking over Kurt's life and not seeing that Kurt is giving him very clear signals to back the fuck off already! For someone who claims to love Kurt so much, he clearly doesn't understand him all that well. And trying to assert his "ownership" of Kurt's time and focus with Elliot kind of misfired because Elliot wasn't playing that game and not only managed to defuse Blaine's tantrum, but made Blaine realize that he's intruding way too much into Kurt's life. And then there's Sam - Blaine's reluctance to have Sam move out was a big troubling sign of just how not on the same page he and Kurt really are about basic things.

Sam - Showed some signs of an IQ that I thought was long extinguished. Smart enough to make a few changes to make him marketable, finally took finding work seriously and is smart enough to stay out of a bad situation. So good for Sam. He's rather tolerable when Blaine isn't in the room.

Mercedes - Well, they had to get her to NY somehow, and I'm glad to see her there. She's clearly in charge of things and I love seeing that strength in her. As well as her ability to keep Sam in his place.

Artie - Hard enough for the average person to find their way around NYC. Especially hard when you're handicapped. Artie got knocked down, but with a bit of decent help and support from his friends has found his confidence and is taking ownership of his place in NY.

Kurt - Saving the best for last here. The Kurt who would have just tolerated Blaine's behavior is long gone. This is a young man who has had to make his way on his own and find his own place and identity outside of being half of Klaine. And he is not going to hold his tongue about things that upset him any longer. He's standing up for himself and pushing back when he feels his personal space is being intruded on. Kurt proved again just how much a HMFiC he is and he is not going to relinquish that control to anyone. Including Blaine.

Klaine - Yes, I know the thought of Klaine gives most of us indigestion, but this was probably one of the best portrayals of the relationship - and one of the most balanced - in a long time. The boys have discovered that actually living together isn't so easy and it goes beyond just playing house. To go from being broken up over infidelity, to engaged, to living together is a huge shift that neither of them were really prepared for. So taking a step back and letting them both have their space will either help their relationship or show that they really don't belong together. But I'll give them credit that once Blaine's tantrum cooled off, they were able to talk like adults and come to a mutual decision about things.

So far this is a really promising start to the NY storyline. Really have no use for the whole Funny Girl thing (which has become terribly stale), but the new adult dynamics of these old friends can really reinvigorate the show.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 10:21 pm

Rewatching the mime scene, it's really amazing to see how much smaller Darren is than Chris.  I know they say Darren is 5'8", but I always thought he looked a bit shorter than that.  But with Chris broad shoulders, he just looks so much bigger than Darren now that they aren't trying to hide the height difference anymore.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/1/2014, 10:23 pm

I stop watching this episode before it was over. It made me dislike Blaine a lot more than I already did. I may watch it later but it won't be for a while.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/1/2014, 10:27 pm

I loved sassy Kurt, he's just so self confident and strong.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 10:48 pm

Ranwing wrote:Blaine - Ah, my least favorite flavor. Dense, clingy, got to stick his nose into everything Blaine. Slowly taking over Kurt's life and not seeing that Kurt is giving him very clear signals to back the fuck off already! For someone who claims to love Kurt so much, he clearly doesn't understand him all that well. And trying to assert his "ownership" of Kurt's time and focus with Elliot kind of misfired because Elliot wasn't playing that game and not only managed to defuse Blaine's tantrum, but made Blaine realize that he's intruding way too much into Kurt's life. And then there's Sam - Blaine's reluctance to have Sam move out was a big troubling sign of just how not on the same page he and Kurt really are about basic things.

Kurt - Saving the best for last here. The Kurt who would have just tolerated Blaine's behavior is long gone. This is a young man who has had to make his way on his own and find his own place and identity outside of being half of Klaine. And he is not going to hold his tongue about things that upset him any longer. He's standing up for himself and pushing back when he feels his personal space is being intruded on. Kurt proved again just how much a HMFiC he is and he is not going to relinquish that control to anyone. Including Blaine.

Klaine - Yes, I know the thought of Klaine gives most of us indigestion, but this was probably one of the best portrayals of the relationship - and one of the most balanced - in a long time. The boys have discovered that actually living together isn't so easy and it goes beyond just playing house. To go from being broken up over infidelity, to engaged, to living together is a huge shift that neither of them were really prepared for. So taking a step back and letting them both have their space will either help their relationship or show that they really don't belong together. But I'll give them credit that once Blaine's tantrum cooled off, they were able to talk like adults and come to a mutual decision about things.

There definitely was some development for all the characters, but as far as Blaine and Klaine are concerned, there are some very big red flags that are still very much a part of Blaine that should make Kurt run far away from Blaine. Yes, it was good that they had a mature talk and came to the decision that they shouldn't live together right now (though, honestly, it was more Blaine's decision than Kurt's or a mutual decision--Kurt wasn't sure, and Blaine was convincing him it was the right thing).

As for Blaine, the fact that he is still being so jealous and overreacting should be a huge concern. I wonder how much Elliot said in his text to Kurt, because I don't think Kurt knows just how possessive Blaine is of him (saying stuff like "Kurt is mine" or even going back to the first episode with Blaine saying, "Kurt and I will have a happy ending."). The fact that Blaine felt the need to go to confront Elliot should have pissed Kurt off because Kurt did nothing that warranted that kind of reaction from Blaine. It was another case of him over reacting, just like he did with the Chandler thing.

I agree that Blaine being so upset about Sam is concerning. The fact that Blaine knew Kurt felt crowded with Sam there, and Blaine didn't really ask Sam to leave shows that Blaine puts his own wants first. Blaine didn't want his best bro and crush to go away. He is dependent on Sam. It also showed that Blaine doesn't listen to Kurt when Kurt tells him that he feels that something is interfering with their relationship (just like he did with Sebastian). Blaine ignored Kurt's concerns, and ultimately did what he wanted.

Of course, Blaine is thrilled to be living with his bro Sam, and I'm sure he'll love sharing a bedroom with him. Of course, we know how intensely Blaine was crushing on Sam, but Kurt doesn't. Kurt doesn't know that while he spent months trying to get over Blaine, Blaine was crushing heavily on Sam to the point where he sang him a love song. Now, we know Sam won't reciprocate anything, and Blaine hasn't shown any signs of interest in Sam, but at the same time, the feelings were very intense and lasted so long. It is concerning that Blaine was so crushed at the thought of Sam not living with him--as a matter of fact, he seemed more upset about not living with Sam than not living with Kurt.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/1/2014, 10:50 pm

Was there a time jump?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 4/1/2014, 10:53 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Was there a time jump?

Yep, it was six months after graduation or something to that effect.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 10:56 pm

Small Will pictures:

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_n3dqhk3YkC1qze9mp

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_n3dqhf4YEO1qze9mp
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 10:58 pm

More Will:

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n3drn5YgIq1qdueg5o1_250

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n3drn5YgIq1qdueg5o2_250

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n3drn5YgIq1qdueg5o3_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/1/2014, 11:01 pm

Creepy possessive Blaine:

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n3dqz943X51t19rwro1_250

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n3dqz943X51t19rwro2_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/1/2014, 11:01 pm

Are they lacking extras? It's fine I don't mind if Will appears in more scenes Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next