Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
coxfire
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
Ireth
valkeakuulas
sjonnepon
sheny
ColferInspired
ChrisColfersLightning
fantastica
TimF
brisallie
AnneNeville
Buenos
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap44%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap33%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/2/2014, 3:34 am

ColferInspired wrote:I think I just entered the Twilight Zone.  ohmy 

I am seeing Klainers that are actually on Kurt's side for once.

It is about time there are Klainers on Kurt's side.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/2/2014, 3:42 am

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:So I saw some scenes with the whole Blaine and Elliott thing, what stuck out to me a lot was the Facebook thing.

Did people forget Blaine was a Facebook cheater?

Do Kurt know he is a Facebook Cheater?

Why would he be so eager for Elliott to add him on Facebook?

Why is he so angry at him period? Kurt mentioned Elliott ONCE and Blaine even had the gale to accuse him of cheating when 2 seconds ago he gave Sam full bodied hugs and rode his back.

Not only that, but Elliott had to calm him down after Blaine was so nasty to him and yelling in his face, Elliott had every right to push Blaine out of his face, Blaine was way too close. Then I noticed that Ellliott had to lie to Blaine and reasure him that Kurt is cray about him when in reality Elliott is the reason why Kurt was not too upset at Blaine, Elliott is way too nice. Plus Blaine was far too eager to chill at Kurt's male friend he accused of wanting Kurt house and hang out with him alone. I am glad Elliott texted Kurt about it, I am positive Blaine would have never said anything, plus that statue of liberty for 6 hours thing seems really false.

It took Sam moving away and Elliott making one comment for Blaine to quickly 'decide' to move out. I feel like he is still cheating on Kurt, cheaters are very guilty and think their partner is cheating on them because they are in fact cheaters their selves. I would not be shocked that Blaine has 5 random facebook guys in New York, Kurt after all do not know about Blaine's facebook lurking and cheating and I am 100% Positive Blaine never told Kurt.

In real life relationships if someone c heated through the web and met up in real life, normally that person would delete their social media they was cheating on so their partner could try to 'trust' them again, yet with Blaine he was eager for Elliott to WANT to Facebook him! It feels like Blaine is upset at Elliott because he has not tried to hit on Blaine, Blaine was far too angry at Elliott not trying to be close to him and even mad when he thought Elliott wanted Kurt. He treated Kurt like a toy. This is so beyond emotionally abusive, Glee is just gross  vomir 

I feel cheated and bitched slap. That was not a mature scene to me, it was Blaine getting his way and then realizing after hanging out with Kurt's hot friend who FINALLY gave him some ATTENTION that maybe Elliott is right, Blaine needs to spread his wings and have space from Kurt! 6 months of being all up in Kurt's space and living his life got old the moment Kurt's only friend reassured him that Kurt will always be with him and that he wanted to hang with Blaine and remind Blaine how much of a special snow flake he is! Plus 6 hours...... Blaine must have went to a few clubs and hang outs and realized how much free time he has to hook up while not living with Kurt  Rolling Eyes

Great post. I agree. Like I posted earlier  this episode  made me dislike Blaine  even  more   than I did. If  I liked Blaine and shipped Klaine before  this episode ,I would no longer like Blaine and  would no  longer ship Klaine, after this episode.

Thanks! It just really bothered me when I watched the scene, especially when Blaine accused Kurt of maybe being more than friends with Elliott only to later barge in Elliott's house and Blaine's first words are not having a way to contact Elliott or have his number and waiting for Elliott to add him on FB and Elliott is Kurt's friend and since it has been 6 months, why is Blaine so obsessed over Elliott and Kurt and Elliott not being an immediate Blaine stan or flirting with him aka FB add him?

Elliott texted Kurt about Blaine coming over, Elliott is such a good guy, he is too nice for this BS with Kurt's whining psycho fiance and his crazy Lima friends, I felt so sad when Kurt said Elliott was his only friend, I wanted to cry because Blaine took that away from him, even getting mad at Elliott for 'ignoring' Blaine when Elliott was merely a great friend for Kurt for over a half of year. Kurt needs help and it is starting to get really sad how much Glee is forcing Klaine to be end game despite the obvious problems and domestic abuse.

Trust me, Someone going to their spouse friends and accusing them of things and accusing their spouse of cheating when they are in fact the cheaters is emotional and manipulative abuse. Blaine is being emotionally manipulative to Kurt and I was VERY upset that Kurt did not call Blaine out for being the one who cheated on HIM this episode! Blaine first off acted like Kurt saying him and Elliott was just friends was a lie, accusing Kurt of infidelity, then he went behind Kurt's back and accused Elliott of wanting Kurt.

How is this ok? How is this not hypocrite behavior and domestic abuse? He is basically chasing Kurt's friends away and not trusting Kurt and calling him a liar, not even giving Kurt the privacy and respect to have friends that are not associated with Blaine and it is scary. Blaine shows signs of those type of husbands that control's their 'wife's' every move.

Have anyone ever watched Sleeping With The Enemy with Julia Roberts? Blaine seems to be turning into that type of Guy, I am honest to god worried about Kurt and I feel sick to my stomache about this so called 'healthy and loving 'relationship'

What happened?  Shocked
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/2/2014, 4:10 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:So I saw some scenes with the whole Blaine and Elliott thing, what stuck out to me a lot was the Facebook thing.

Did people forget Blaine was a Facebook cheater?

Do Kurt know he is a Facebook Cheater?

Why would he be so eager for Elliott to add him on Facebook?

Why is he so angry at him period? Kurt mentioned Elliott ONCE and Blaine even had the gale to accuse him of cheating when 2 seconds ago he gave Sam full bodied hugs and rode his back.

Not only that, but Elliott had to calm him down after Blaine was so nasty to him and yelling in his face, Elliott had every right to push Blaine out of his face, Blaine was way too close. Then I noticed that Ellliott had to lie to Blaine and reasure him that Kurt is cray about him when in reality Elliott is the reason why Kurt was not too upset at Blaine, Elliott is way too nice. Plus Blaine was far too eager to chill at Kurt's male friend he accused of wanting Kurt house and hang out with him alone. I am glad Elliott texted Kurt about it, I am positive Blaine would have never said anything, plus that statue of liberty for 6 hours thing seems really false.

It took Sam moving away and Elliott making one comment for Blaine to quickly 'decide' to move out. I feel like he is still cheating on Kurt, cheaters are very guilty and think their partner is cheating on them because they are in fact cheaters their selves. I would not be shocked that Blaine has 5 random facebook guys in New York, Kurt after all do not know about Blaine's facebook lurking and cheating and I am 100% Positive Blaine never told Kurt.

In real life relationships if someone c heated through the web and met up in real life, normally that person would delete their social media they was cheating on so their partner could try to 'trust' them again, yet with Blaine he was eager for Elliott to WANT to Facebook him! It feels like Blaine is upset at Elliott because he has not tried to hit on Blaine, Blaine was far too angry at Elliott not trying to be close to him and even mad when he thought Elliott wanted Kurt. He treated Kurt like a toy. This is so beyond emotionally abusive, Glee is just gross  vomir 

I feel cheated and bitched slap. That was not a mature scene to me, it was Blaine getting his way and then realizing after hanging out with Kurt's hot friend who FINALLY gave him some ATTENTION that maybe Elliott is right, Blaine needs to spread his wings and have space from Kurt! 6 months of being all up in Kurt's space and living his life got old the moment Kurt's only friend reassured him that Kurt will always be with him and that he wanted to hang with Blaine and remind Blaine how much of a special snow flake he is! Plus 6 hours...... Blaine must have went to a few clubs and hang outs and realized how much free time he has to hook up while not living with Kurt  Rolling Eyes

Great post. I agree. Like I posted earlier  this episode  made me dislike Blaine  even  more   than I did. If  I liked Blaine and shipped Klaine before  this episode ,I would no longer like Blaine and  would no  longer ship Klaine, after this episode.

Thanks! It just really bothered me when I watched the scene, especially when Blaine accused Kurt of maybe being more than friends with Elliott only to later barge in Elliott's house and Blaine's first words are not having a way to contact Elliott or have his number and waiting for Elliott to add him on FB and Elliott is Kurt's friend and since it has been 6 months, why is Blaine so obsessed over Elliott and Kurt and Elliott not being an immediate Blaine stan or flirting with him aka FB add him?

Elliott texted Kurt about Blaine coming over, Elliott is such a good guy, he is too nice for this BS with Kurt's whining psycho fiance and his crazy Lima friends, I felt so sad when Kurt said Elliott was his only friend, I wanted to cry because Blaine took that away from him, even getting mad at Elliott for 'ignoring' Blaine when Elliott was merely a great friend for Kurt for over a half of year. Kurt needs help and it is starting to get really sad how much Glee is forcing Klaine to be end game despite the obvious problems and domestic abuse.

Trust me, Someone going to their spouse friends and accusing them of things and accusing their spouse of cheating when they are in fact the cheaters is emotional and manipulative abuse. Blaine is being emotionally manipulative to Kurt and I was VERY upset that Kurt did not call Blaine out for being the one who cheated on HIM this episode! Blaine first off acted like Kurt saying him and Elliott was just friends was a lie, accusing Kurt of infidelity, then he went behind Kurt's back and accused Elliott of wanting Kurt.

How is this ok? How is this not hypocrite behavior and domestic abuse? He is basically chasing Kurt's friends away and not trusting Kurt and calling him a liar, not even giving Kurt the privacy and respect to have friends that are not associated with Blaine and it is scary. Blaine shows signs of those type of husbands that control's their 'wife's' every move.

Have anyone ever watched Sleeping With The Enemy with Julia Roberts? Blaine seems to be turning into that type of Guy, I am honest to god worried about Kurt and I feel sick to my stomache about this so called 'healthy and loving 'relationship'

What happened?  Shocked

I have no idea.

But I am seeing this, and I think because they are seeing them finally interacting, and because the way they have shown it they can see how Kurt would be claustraphobic, though some are also seeing both sides as well.

I am not seeing any Kurt hate at all which is lovely to see.

I think they are finally seeing something real, and some are just stepping away from their fantasy of Klaine.

But think for the first time ever they are interesting and more real.

Now I see why Darren was not so over moon about it. But I think he has now accepted and probably now knows Blaine is suddenly interesting.

Ryan wrote this episode so it is interesting he is staying with this possessive Blaine who is clearly deranged.

But at least the door is open for Elliott to appear if Adam so chooses.

I wonder if Blaine while drunk will make a pass at Sam some day?

And I am so thrilled Kurt is getting something really good that Chris is really happy about.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/2/2014, 5:34 am

WHERE IS THE LEATHER VEST? How could they cut that part? crycry 

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 4/2/2014, 6:05 am

Jellyrolls wrote:More Will:

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3drn5YgIq1qdueg5o1_250

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3drn5YgIq1qdueg5o2_250

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3drn5YgIq1qdueg5o3_250

allready a better actor than Darren
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/2/2014, 8:12 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:...

What happened?  Shocked

Razz ohmy 

Apparently some believe Kurt was right, and Blaine had to give him some space, and others are not so mad he's moving out. Did I miss something?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/2/2014, 8:25 am

brisallie wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:...

What happened?  Shocked

Razz ohmy 

Apparently some believe Kurt was right, and Blaine had to give him some space, and others are not so mad he's moving out. Did I miss something?

I know it's like I have entered an alternate universe.

The thing is they made Blaine human. He brought that hideous couch into the loft, so the bed bugs were his fault.

Ryan stripped away the Prince Charming, the Mr Perfect image, and all we get is just Blaine. He has taken away the shine and added flaws.

And I think with the material Ryan gave Chris, and how brilliantly he acted it, and the fact they got to hear Kurt's voice, his POV, helps.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/2/2014, 8:58 am

The reason why we didn't see glammed up Kurt, because it wasn't Kurt it was Chris, some Glamberts recognised the leather vest as belonging to Adam.

This was not a scene from the show, this was something that Chris and Adam did for fun.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/2/2014, 9:01 am

It has been over five hours and my dashboard is still Kurt.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/2/2014, 9:03 am

haven't seen the episode yet (will when i catch up to the last three) but that "acting" gif of darren doing jealous blaine was scary. that was high school theater at it worst.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/2/2014, 10:42 am

I loved this one! Well, I suppose after year and a half of drought I'd love anything that Kurt was on for more than 5 seconds! It made me smile, I was happy and besides the point there are so many stories to be told with just these people they have here!

And it was very weird seeing scenes that were actually long and that were focused on. No jumping from storyline to another in a every other minute.

So many little goodies!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/2/2014, 11:08 am

It goes without saying that there were things in this episode that bothered me, but I really enjoyed this episode. We got a lot of Kurt, and we got to see him being snarky towards Blaine. And he looked gorgeous...There were many entertaining parts, and I only skipped one song (the Blam one).

A better episode than we've had for ages.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/2/2014, 11:33 am

It's been a long time since Chris had an episode where he's gotten this much screen time and opportunity to show off his comedic chops. Everything he did was absolutely perfect, from the "I'm going to kill you in your sleep" irritation when Blaine invaded Kurt's mime class, to the complete freak out over the bed-bug ridden couch, to the way he put Blaine in his place over the invasion of every corner of Kurt's life. It was wonderful to see him show exactly why he won that Golden Globe.

I loved that Kurt got to be an equal opportunity snarker with pretty much everyone. From Sam badly overstaying his welcome, to Blaine having no sense of boundaries whatsoever, to Rachel not lifting a finger to move her own belongings (let alone help with getting Mercedes moved it), he had plenty of vinager to go around.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/2/2014, 12:45 pm

Chris' expressions are always on point. One of the things that makes him so special is his ability to react even when he isn't the main focus.

A friend of mine who was a big Glee fan that stopped watching early in season 4 decided to watch last night. She was commenting on how they really need more than just the six characters who they had last night. She said she couldn't believe how horrible they made both Rachel and Blaine. She said she was surprised that they turned Blaine into such a horrible annoying character. She said that Klaine just doesn't fit together, and it just seems so forced.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/2/2014, 12:48 pm

OUCH.

8:00pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 2.88 million (#4), A18-49: 1.0/ 3 (#4)

8:30pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 2.33 million (#4), A18-49: 0.8/ 3 (#4)

FOX Glee 0.9 2.60

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/2/2014, 1:02 pm

That is bad, but not unexpected. No real promo from the network and an audience that has long since drifted away. The only real hope is that good word of mouth might get some viewers to come back. But we know that the damage has been done. I'm guessing that season six will be a short order since these rating just don't warrent a full season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/2/2014, 1:40 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Creepy possessive Blaine:

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3dqz943X51t19rwro1_250

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3dqz943X51t19rwro2_250

He gets more and more creepy every time he talks about Kurt.

Overall besides the Blam and Blaine scenes it was a good episode.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/2/2014, 1:48 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Chris' expressions are always on point.  One of the things that makes him so special is his ability to react even when he isn't the main focus.

A friend of mine who was a big Glee fan that stopped watching early in season 4 decided to watch last night.  She was commenting on how they really need more than just the six characters who they had last night.  She said she couldn't believe how horrible they made both Rachel and Blaine.  She said she was surprised that they turned Blaine into such a horrible annoying character.  She said that Klaine just doesn't fit together, and it just seems so forced.

After seeing last nigth's episode I don't think they need new characters. It was pretty good with just 6 people. Eveyone was involved in the A, B and C plots (if those even exist anymore). No one was left in the background doing nothing but nod.  And when they bring back Santana and maybe Brittany there will be more than enough characters.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/2/2014, 4:23 pm

This was the best part.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3f3ybxy7M1rsagqio2_500
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3f3ybxy7M1rsagqio1_500
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/2/2014, 4:37 pm

Ranwing wrote: This was the best part.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3f3ybxy7M1rsagqio2_500
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_n3f3ybxy7M1rsagqio1_500

Pretty much what every non-K(B)laine stan have been saying for years.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/2/2014, 4:42 pm

Ranwing wrote: This was the best part.

absolutely!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2014, 5:09 pm

I'm a little late with posting about this episode. I have a bad cold, and been in and out of sleep for most of the day, although I managed to see the episode and make a TWoP (and previously.tv) post, which I will post in a minute.

I liked most of the episode: they should have moved the entire show to New York after season 3. With these ratings it's clear that it's simply too late now.

Although I can appreciate the Klaine development (going backwards? Kurt was right here) and cherish the Kurt WTF gifs that sprung from it, I still want Klaine to break up and Blaine to disappear. He was way out of line again, and him confronting Elliot behind Kurt's back is imo almost as bad as Finn beating up Brody. Plus it was very creepy the way Darren (over)acted that scene.  Evil or Very Mad 

At least Kurt got to snark for a change, although not nearly enough, imo. And if Klaine can't live together anymore after only a few months why on earth would they stay engaged?  Shocked

Jellyrolls wrote:I just think it's funny that when Glee has to do stuff to create the image that Blaine is the more sexy and appealing one than Kurt.  Blaine gets the shirtless shower scene and the wife beater and boxers pajamas, and Kurt gets the heavy robe and the long legged and sleeve pajamas.
^This. Plus it also has to do with that whenever Klaine have a slightly sexy/private scene together only one of the guys can be almost shirtless (not even completely shirtless filmed from the waist up) while the other has to be covered up more.
It's a yikes!gay!! thing, to protect the weak of heart viewers.  dryy 
And when that decision gets made so far it has been always Darren they chose to bare more skin than Chris. It was that way in TFT, in 'I Do', and now twice in this episode. There's no way they're not doing that on purpose.

sheny wrote:WHERE IS THE LEATHER VEST? How could they cut that part? crycry 
I love Adam Lambert and I want Elliot back on the show (preferably as Kurt's bf), but more than missing the leather vest and the guyliner in the episode I was very pissed that they cut all Kurt's solo lines in 'Rockstar' out.  :angry: 

If Adam comes back I hope they won't push him the same way as they did Blaine/Darren, especially when it ends up with Kurt harmonizing in the background in their songs.  dryy

tanita_mors wrote:haven't seen the episode yet (will when i catch up to the last three) but that "acting" gif of darren doing jealous blaine was scary. that was high school theater at it worst.
He really made all the wrong acting choices. That scene could have been OTT crazy, like that scene when Rachel dramatically showed up at Elliot's appartment (and lol, for Elliot being scared that Blaine was moving in now), but by playing it for real (as far as Darren's limited acting abilities go) it made Blaine even more horrible than he already is.

And tbh: I think that this is one of the biggest problems and reasons why Blaine (and Klaine) gets hated so much: Darren not being able to nuance and manoeuvre between the drama and the comedy. That made Blaine a lot darker and creepier than he could have been.

To compare:
Just imagine Naya delivering all her snarky lines completely serious, without the humor, or not being able to convey the pure comedy of her going through all of Hummelberry's stuff in the loft, or her pretending to sniff coke when she suspected Brody of being a drugs dealer.
Lea playing Rachel's diva attitude for comedy has often been a saving grace for Rachel as well, although they pushed her beyond the limit now, imo.

Ranwing wrote:It's been a long time since Chris had an episode where he's gotten this much screen time and opportunity to show off his comedic chops. Everything he did was absolutely perfect, from the "I'm going to kill you in your sleep" irritation when Blaine invaded Kurt's mime class, to the complete freak out over the bed-bug ridden couch, to the way he put Blaine in his place over the invasion of every corner of Kurt's life. It was wonderful to see him show exactly why he won that Golden Globe.
And that's how you mix the comedy with the drama in a perfect balance.  wub 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2014, 5:17 pm

My TWoP post:

They should have moved this show to 100%  New York 2 seasons ago. I think it’s too little too late for Glee, but this was a very pleasant and decent episode.
Overall, the scenes in the loft with all of them together were very enjoyable, and if this is an indication of the new New York Glee it will be interesting to keep watching. There’s still too much Blam for my liking, but at least they interact with good actors and interesting characters now, so it’s not just one big echoing well of blandness swallowing up all the screentime and songs.

Blaine’s obsessiveness with getting into every little moment of Kurt’s life, like his NYADA classes is far from romantic: I’d freak out too if I was Kurt. His WTF faces in mime class were priceless. Razz 
Blaine going to Eliot’s appartment to tell him to back off crossed a couple of major lines. Also: hypocrite much? When you see no problem in having the guy you crushed on sleeping on the couch for months and piggyback-riding him? Lol, Blaine seemed more upset about Sam moving out than he was about himself moving out.  Rolling Eyes 
Still: him being possesive, jealous, self-centered and immature, but actually dealing with that, is very needed character development for Blaine. Now make it stick and have longterm consequences, writers.

Klaine’s conversation and conclusion at the end was surprisingly very mature for them. At least Kurt was allowed to snark back and to actually have a POV this time. Kurt speaking up about his relationship was missing for practically the entire 4th season, so this conflict and discussion was very welcome, though long overdue.
But even when he was complaining about Blaine to Elliot Kurt just had to be told how special and wonderful his engagement to Blaine is. If a fictional relationship needs so much obvious propping up in the show to make it even remotely plausible then maybe it’s time to call it a bust.

Too bad Adam Lambert’s episodes for this season are all used up (hopefully he’ll come back next season?), as I love his character, his voice, and his levelheadedness. After the Rachel moving in drama and her and Santana fighting over him, and now Blaine barking at him like a rabid chihuahua, I’m happy that Elliot doesn’t let all that craziness from Kurt’s ‘friends’ (with friends like that Kurt doesn’t need enemies, jeez) influence or cool his own friendship with Kurt.  wub

But just like any other interesting guy Kurt could choose over Blaine, after teasing us with what could have been, Elliot has to go, as it might make rooting for Klaine as endgame even harder than it already is. Ah well, at least the fabulousness of Starchild won't be tainted in yet another cheating/love triangle storyline.

Mercedes moving to New York was something I did not expect: I thought she would only be visiting for a while. As it’s so ‘realistic’ for a 19 year old girl to have her record company doing everything she wishes for her, like moving her to the other side of America, even before her record has even been released. Right, Glee.  Rolling Eyes 
I wonder how the dynamic in her appartment will be with Blam living there as well. I gotta say I loved how Mercedes did not jump back into Sam’s arms right away, but alas: I don’t think that resistence will last long.  dryy 

Sam looks so much better after his haircut. It’s funny how I can enjoy him when he’s not part of Blam, but as soon as he is with Blaine I find him equally intolerable.
His modelling storyline is as farfetched as all the other characters’ successes, but apparently New York is just that great. Whatever, as long as we don’t get to see too much of it I’m fine with Sam modelling to keep him off the street and the loft’s couch. I’ll just headcanon that Sam starts sending his family some extra money, as I haven’t forgotten that he became a stripper once to provide for his younger siblings.

I felt for Artie this episode. It must be hard trying to manoeuvre through New York in a wheelchair. I’m glad Rachel saw what was bothering him. I thought she was going to offer him her car and chauffeur (she really should have kept that car), but accompanying him on the subway is nice too.
Their duet was lovely as well. The best thing about this smaller cast is characters interacting with other characters they’ve never really talked or sang much with before, as there never was the (screen)time. Now please Glee: keep and/or make them all single, and start focusing on careers and friendships instead of relationships.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/2/2014, 5:52 pm

Finally watched, and that was the best Glee has ever been for.....far too long. McKinley is dead, and god it should have been killed put out of its misery by the end of S3.
I really liked this episode, even if Darren and Chord are still subpar actors, and really appreciate the smaller cast, the plots finally can breathe, and we don't have to end the ep. with a souless song of boring chemistryless kids in the Auditorium.

Blaine is a controlling emotionnally abusive psycho, but I don't care because Kurt finally told him to eff' off. And even if he was borderlining GaryStu-ish, Adam Lambert was fantastic as Eliott, the guy who won't bit into the non-sense of Blaine, and defused him. Blaine still deserves to be reminded that he fucked up, and not the other way round, but the final conversation between the two was great 'apart from RIB's need to remind us they are endgame and all that crap). I wish they had broken up there, though, and that Kurt was allowed to be a single man hanging out with his bandmate Eliott, a friend he made outside of high school, LIKE IT HAPPENS 90% OF THE TIME WHEN YOU MOVE TO BE STUDENT, GODDAMMIT!

I know lots dream of Kurt and Eliott as a couple, but I wish we could see two gay guys be friends and that only (plus, Glee's habit of ruining couples to the gound would fuck them up anyway)

Rachel is obnoxious, but it is as usual, so whatever. I really liked her pairing with Artie, let's hope they continnue varying the interactions. I miss Santana, though, and I'll miss her even more next week, I really wanted her to bethere.

I adored Merecedes facepalming Sam. I really like Amber, but RIB suck to only realize it now she did DWTS. Wankers.

Best for last: Chris. He was perfect in every scene. The death glare of cockblock at Sam, his flower re-dying in the mime class, "calm down psycho", and the long overdue conversation with Blaine. Let's not forget the blast he obviously had during "Rockstar" (still hate the song, but less than the horrendous Blam/Bland duet). Chris has this ability to let me know in less than a millisecond the exact state of mind Kurt is. I can always distinguish when he is annoyed, pissed, sad, tired, contemptuous, happy, fake happy... This episode got a myriad of different subtle acting choices that were delightful.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/2/2014, 6:20 pm

i like adam L a lot but i find his Elliot too boring - too nice and too perfect, although he's shown so little so that's perfectly ok. i always prefer flawed characters if they are done right. i love the self-centered diva rachel, brilliantly portrayed by Lea. the more self centered and eye rolling things she does/says, the more funny/interesting she is. i hate it everytime she has to "learn" a lesson. she is best when she is so perfectly annoying.

i know i am in the minority, but i actually love to be in the minority.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next