Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
coxfire
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
Ireth
valkeakuulas
sjonnepon
sheny
ColferInspired
ChrisColfersLightning
fantastica
TimF
brisallie
AnneNeville
Buenos
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap44%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap11%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap33%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/3/2014, 10:44 am

Glorfindel wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Agree. it would in my opinion made  Blaine  into an even bigger  hypocrite than he already was.
And that's probably why they cut it.  moque

But why write that line in in the first place? It's like Ryan wants to destroy what he created, even the things/characters he loves.

Good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas 4/3/2014, 11:13 am

Glorfindel wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Agree. it would in my opinion made  Blaine  into an even bigger  hypocrite than he already was.
And that's probably why they cut it.  moque

But why write that line in in the first place? It's like Ryan wants to destroy what he created, even the things/characters he loves.

I'd like to think, like some others here, that RM is just tired of the whole show and just tries to stir shit up. I'd like to wait for the entire NY centered episode written by Falchuk because he Looooves relationships in his storylines. If they make even a hint that Klaine might no longer be an absolute endgame then it might be somewhat evident in his episodes.

And if I didn't know better about the fact that these people don't plan squat about their show ahead of time, I would read these little moments as a clear sign of something omnious for the relationship.

Although analysing a phrase or a scene that might be harmful for Blaine, or Kurt, is quite useless because they will/can forget said phrases and scenes any way they liked.

It was nice to see Kurt talk about his feelings but I do need more than just Chris's acting to tell me that Kurt is still not trusting, still not completely honest and happy about the ways things have developed. I don't mind even clunky dialogue, just make the characters SAY things instead of just implying. I know it might have to do with the fact that they never like to commit one way or the other, but enough with the innuendos. (I was quite impressed though that Kurt was actually allowed to say the word sex, in the very sense of the word, suprising!)
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/3/2014, 11:27 am

To be honest, was surprised they allowed Kurt to snap and snark as he did, it was glorious!

Kurt is not flawless , it was bitchy after 6 months to call the loft " my home" rather than "our". Freudian slip, much Kurt?  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/3/2014, 3:11 pm

I really enjoyed the Kurt and Artie interaction this episode too  wub 
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/3/2014, 3:43 pm

This during the episode is why I can't quit this fucking show..

I mean seriously, this alone justifies Glee's existence.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_n3f1tzXMDV1qj202po1_500

He's just so pretty he should be illegal.  wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/3/2014, 8:26 pm

I don't know why it has took me so long to write...

At first I had to get used to this new format, but sincerely I don't mind to see the misadventures of a group of friends in the big city, friend who likes to sing all of sudden a song. Sorry for the last comment, but now Glee has really turned into a musical tv show. previously they had the excuse of the choir room, but now they simply sing their feeling, with the exception of those moments they're on stage, like Rachel when sang People.

As for the plot,overall I like all of characters interact among each other, I'm someone who has been waiting for seasons that Kurt and Artie have some chatting. Speaking of Artie, I felt for him in this episode. I'm not someone with disability, but it must be hard to be around the city and realize people don't help you, or try to be more gentle. Even realize your friends are not so much there, as they have their own issues, so I liked when Rachel put his selfishness aside and decided that Artie needs someone to go to the subway, and she was the person for that.

Klaine...somewhere I read that if they can handle living together, and feel is preferable to live away from each other, it means that relationship might not work, or simply they're not ready for marriage. And I think the same, well actually I think they didn't think so much about this and jumped into the adventure of living together "Hey lets do it, it will be great", and now have seen the pros and cons. I think also the big problems here, and is something I've seen in RL, is they didn't have their own space. Particularly Blaine was getting too much into Kurt's life, he even was in his classes, is clear why Kurt felt claustrophobic. I could understand this as he felt lonely in the city, or has no many friends at Nyada, but is supposed is been months after graduation, about six months, how didn't he realized what was going on? O why Kurt didn't say anything before?...the same about Elliot, so you boyfriend has been haging out with this awesome boy for months and now you feel jeloaus, I try to explain that to myself, that Blaine had some jelousy feeling since the beginning, but he refrained himself and expect to see if things changed, but it didn't happen as Kurt started to tell him his problems to Elliot, and receiving advices from him.

Now I mentioned Elliot, I don't like he turned into another Blaine's props, for me it was a way to avoid any possible romance or flirting between him and Kurt. And as regards that scene, yeah Blaine was the creepy boyfriend, Kurt run away from him, but also I saw a boy who I think has insecurities, and as is been said before, after the cheating he probably feels even more insecure, and must have regretful feelings as he knows he made a mistake. I truly wonder how steady is their relationship, I'm sure Kurt had already forgotten him, but is there still a wound? Are there insecurities?

Finally, I think there's a plotline that can be developed with these six characters, some are easy to guess like Samcedes, but other side of me would like to see more supportive characters, or minor ones that could bring some conflict.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/4/2014, 12:29 am

Ranwing wrote:It's no little irony that the character with a history of infidelity (despite how his appologists want to handwave it away) and who is now rooming with the guy that he wanted to screw before he and Kurt reconciled is the one who absolutely loses his shit each time Kurt develops any kind of realtionship with anyone who has a penis. I find that hysterical.

It actually makes a lot of sense.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/4/2014, 12:30 am

Buenos wrote:This during the episode is why I can't quit this fucking show..

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_n3f1tzXMDV1qj202po1_500

He's just so pretty he should be illegal.   wub 

In many the photos I've seen of Kurt recently, he just looks so over . . . everything.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/4/2014, 12:42 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Ranwing wrote:It's no little irony that the character with a history of infidelity (despite how his appologists want to handwave it away) and who is now rooming with the guy that he wanted to screw before he and Kurt reconciled is the one who absolutely loses his shit each time Kurt develops any kind of realtionship with anyone who has a penis. I find that hysterical.

It actually makes a lot of sense.

Agree it does. Kurt please end things with Blaine. Unless he grows up and stop being a hypocrite you deserve better.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/4/2014, 3:11 am

Glorfindel wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:But after rewatch, you talked about that line about the "hot Dimitry", the driver line being cut from Blaine...did someone else notice the face Chris gives as Kurt right after? That is not a happy face, Kurt was not happy about that comment.

I just think they must know, ore at least their editor, must know by now that that line about finding other guy than Kurt hot paired up with his jealousy rampant rage would not look good at all. I would have quite liked them to to have kept that one in, would have made Blaine double standards even more high lighted.
You're right, I didn't catch Kurt's look the first time, but I rewatched the scene and it's definitely there: great subtle acting from Chris again.

And lol: now I wished they had kept that line in as well, dammit.  moque

I noticed that look too, and I replayed that bit a few times just to make sure I was not seeing things. Kurt is definitely not happy with Blaine's roving eye...

YaoiChick wrote:I really enjoyed the Kurt and Artie interaction this episode too  wub 

Me too, I need more!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/4/2014, 3:40 am

AnneNeville wrote:

In many the photos I've seen of Kurt recently, he just looks so over . . . everything.
In all fairness: in this particular scene Kurt had a fight with Blaine and was very sad, so that explains the look.

But I agree that Chris is by far not as enthusiastic for Glee anymore as he used to be.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/4/2014, 4:46 am

Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

In all fairness: in this particular scene Kurt had a fight with Blaine and was very sad, so that explains the look.

But I agree that Chris is by far not as enthusiastic for Glee anymore as he used to be.

Well, I would feel the same if I had to work harder for a scene, playing opposite someone like Darren.

But then, I think Chris just looks tired most of the time, because he is shooting longer scenes again, sometimes all day and into the early hours of the morning.

He has been given some good stuff like he got in "New New York" and there is "Bash", "Tested".

And why should Chris be enthusiastic when the show is finishing next year?

Lea, Darren and Chord can be, but they are still invested in the show. Chris is probably looking for other challenges and probably will leave his enthusiasm for his next project.

Chris in stills looks to be having fun, he is laughing and smiling.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/4/2014, 5:09 am

I'm going to say something which is strictly my opinion,  obviously;

I GET that some of you are completely over Glee, I do.

I GET that some of you your fondest wish is for Glee to be over. Fine.

I GET that some of you hate Glee so much you would rather it be done.

Or some variation of this,

I have no problem with any of these sentiments and opinions;

Having said that I just wish people wouldn't project their negative feelings about Glee as if Chris shares them or that his work reflects it or that his looks  between takes indicates he's so over Glee;

If your going to measure by quality of performance and professionalism, then Chris Colfer is the fucking  most enthusiastic cast member on Glee, bar none.

It's downright insulting to say otherwise IMO.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/4/2014, 5:29 am

Chris got to make so many great annoyed faces during this episode, but this one is probably my favorite.

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_n3hux9EzUe1qg39x9o4_250

He's trying to help Artiie, who's understandably shaken up after being robbed, Blaine is playing around with the soda machine and Rachel swans in and can't get out of playing the Broadway starlet role to actually be of any use. You can just see the migraine kicking in.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/4/2014, 5:33 am

Ranwing, I love Kurt's reaction, it encompasses so much.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/4/2014, 5:48 am

Buenos wrote:I'm going to say something which is strictly my opinion,  obviously;

I GET that some of you are completely over Glee, I do.

I GET that some of you your fondest wish is for Glee to be over. Fine.

I GET that some of you hate Glee so much you would rather it be done.

Or some variation of this,

I have no problem with any of these sentiments and opinions;

Having said that I just wish people wouldn't project their negative feelings about Glee as if Chris shares them or that his work reflects it or that his looks  between takes indicates he's so over Glee;

If your going to measure by quality of performance and professionalism, then Chris Colfer is the fucking  most enthusiastic cast member on Glee, bar none.

One of the ones on the waiting staff during the 100th episode party, said Chris was almost practically falling asleep against Will as Chris was leaning against him and Will had his arms around him so he wouldn't fall.

Though it did sound like she was following them around the room on a number of occasions.  dryy 

Chris is friends with the crew, he is working with friends. He is writing an episode. He is getting fun stuff to do, performances, comedy, meaty storylines.

Kurt is getting focus.

Chris just isn't acting like Lea, Darren and Chord, because he is too mature for that.

And Kurt is now one of the bro's.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/4/2014, 6:32 am

Buenos wrote:Having said that I just wish people wouldn't project their negative feelings about Glee as if Chris shares them or that his work reflects it or that his looks  between takes indicates he's so over Glee;

I don't think Chris' acting or general performing in Glee has suffered or is slacking in any way.
My assumption of Chris being over Glee (or better: over Klaine) all comes from things he said in interviews and BTS footage, when he's Chris, not Kurt. It's also telling he hasn't tweeted about Klaine in ages, but he has tweeted about e.g. dirty Santa, Adam's Apples and the stripper pole.
With all that taken into consideration I think there's enough 'proof' there to back up that assumption, although we never really can know.

If his lack of enthusiasm for Klaine shows onscreen at all it is more the enthusiastic and more relaxed way Chris seems to be when he's acting with someone else, like Adam Lambert or Oliver Kieran Jones. TBH: all the people saying that Chris doesn't seem committed to act warm and as if Kurt is in love with Blaine because he's over Klaine are annoying me as well. Chris is too professional for that.
I do think that it shows a bit in Glee universe in the promo pics he took with Darren, but not in his acting out Klaine scenes. That last scene, when Blaine told Kurt he was moving out, Kurt seemed so upset, and Chris was looking Darren right in the eyes, plus the kisses seemed passionate enoughn(and actually it was Chris doing all the acting there, as Darren only had to stuff his face in Chris' neck).

Both Chris and Darren have expressed not being on board with the engagement storyline, and Darren also with the cheating storyline of last season, while Chris was not satisfied with how little POV Kurt got in the time Klaine was broken up. What I believe is that the chemistry is gone between them (if it ever was there to begin with), but that's not something they can just (re)create by 'better' acting or harder trying.
What I think a lot of people (Klainers) are picking up in is the difference in acting choices since then. Darren only can do 2 things (and one horribly) :
- either one dimensional (and therefore kind of creepy and immature possessive) puppy eyes in love,
- or overdramatic faces because Blaineydays is SO HURT!!!!! (hehe, I almost wrote "POINTING!!!")

Chris however gives Kurt a 100 nuances and emotions in his acting. It bursts the bubble of the Klainers, because Chris shows that Kurt is not over the cheating yet and knows that Klaine needs a lot of work and time still to make it to a wedding, while the Klainers prefer to forget about Blaine's cheating (and I think Darren too) and want that wedding NOW!!!
Because Chris refuses to portray Kurt in Klaine as in a cheap romcom, and because Kurt in general is not that open and spontaneous (and Chris hasn't forgotten that) in comparison e.g. with Blaine and Sam (BLAM!!!) there are these complaints about Chris himself not being professional enough to act with Darren as if Blaine is his knight in shining armor. But I think that's bogus: imo Chris puts a lot more emotion and thought into Klaine than Darren does, who's acting range varies between either being totally off or OTT on.

When I look at the episodes, and especially stills and gifs like the ones posted above is that Chris looks tired, but that could have nothing to do with his feelings for Glee, and with his crazy schedule on top of Glee's slavery schedule that's no surprise.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/5/2014, 9:29 am

Due to the positive comments in this thread, I've decided to give this episode a go. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. If I fast-forward the Blam and mentally braced myself to endure the Klaine, it wasn't too bad.

brisallie wrote:
At first I had to get used to this new format, but sincerely I don't mind to see the misadventures of a group of friends in the big city, friend who likes to sing all of sudden a song. Sorry for the last comment, but now Glee has really turned into a musical tv show. previously they had the excuse of the choir room, but now they simply sing their feeling, with the exception of those moments they're on stage, like Rachel when sang People.

This is one gripe I have with the episode as well. In the past, they've tried to root the performances in real life, and have the kids perform in the choir room, on stage or in someone's imagination. Now, we get Rachel and Artie singing in the subway and the passengers in the carriage would suddenly dance as if they are in a musical. Glee has truly entered the world of fantasy. Not that it hadn't been plenty unrealistic leading up to now, but at least they've made an effort to pretend that the characters are living in the real world. Until now.

As for the plot,overall I like all of characters interact among each other, I'm someone who has been waiting for seasons that Kurt and Artie have some chatting.

Indeed. It's ridiculous how so many seasons have passed and this episode is probably the first one whereby Kurt interacted with Artie in a meaningful way.

With regards to Klaine, I would say that this is also probably the first time in a long time that these two young men actually sat down and seriously communicated with each other. All too often in the past, Kurt was not allowed to give voice to his point of view and his feelings, and he more or less gets get bulldozed over by Blaine and his wants. Also, not going to lie-- I am annoyed by the fact that Blaine went all psycho, possessive and jealous over Kurt's friendship with Elliot when he was emotionally cheating on Kurt with Sam, and even later moving to live with Sam. It's like that Sebastian-and-Chandler situation all over again, with Blaine accusing Kurt of cheating on him when he's guilty of the same thing, and to a much more serious degree.

Oh yes, Elliot being made into a cheerleader on the pro-Klaine team was a little cringeworthy to watch. For once, I would like to see a character on the show who could see the flaws in the Klaine relationship and wouldn't just blindly push these two together for the sake of pushing these two together.  We had thought that Burt may be the one to do so, but... We know how that turned out.

The scene that entertained me the most in this episode was the bedbug infestation. I've been re-watching that scene over and over (yes, I'm easily amused sometimes). Chris's comedic acting is brilliant  Smile
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/5/2014, 10:03 am

Delight wrote:
brisallie wrote:

This is one gripe I have with the episode as well. In the past, they've tried to root the performances in real life, and have the kids perform in the choir room, on stage or in someone's imagination. Now, we get Rachel and Artie singing in the subway and the passengers in the carriage would suddenly dance as if they are in a musical. Glee has truly entered the world of fantasy. Not that it hadn't been plenty unrealistic leading up to now, but at least they've made an effort to pretend that the characters are living in the real world. Until now.
I know a lot of people find the choir room and (NYADA) stage songs stilted and uninteresting (when the kids are not running around in e.g. loin clothes and swinging on ropes), but I always enjoyed these performances the most. Maybe because of the pureness of the performing (no hiding behind props) and also because of the reactions from the characters in the audience.

Although I must say that I think Glee got better with transitioning from a spoken 'real' scene into a more filmmusical like 'fantasy' song these days. At least these 'spontaneous' fantasy musical scenes don't bother me as much anymore as it did in the beginning, when RIB/Glee still thought themselves far above and pretended to not being another High School Musical. Rolling Eyes 

As for the plot,overall I like all of characters interact among each other, I'm someone who has been waiting for seasons that Kurt and Artie have some chatting.

Indeed. It's ridiculous how so many seasons have passed and this episode is probably the first one whereby Kurt interacted with Artie in a meaningful way.
OMG, me too. They seemed to be friends in season 1 and 2, untill that whole WSS mess threw a wrench in all Kartie interactions from then on.

I still cherish this BTS picture of McColfer:

5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_l9ss2aOGMK1qe5qlmo1_500
 wub 

With regards to Klaine, I would say that this is also probably the first time in a long time that these two young men actually sat down and seriously communicated with each other. All too often in the past, Kurt was not allowed to give voice to his point of view and his feelings, and he more or less gets get bulldozed over by Blaine and his wants. Also, not going to lie-- I am annoyed by the fact that Blaine went all psycho, possessive and jealous over Kurt's friendship with Elliot when he was emotionally cheating on Kurt with Sam, and even later moving to live with Sam. It's like that Sebastian-and-Chandler situation all over again, with Blaine accusing Kurt of cheating on him when he's guilty of the same thing, and to a much more serious degree.
It was a good first attempt, but after rewatching I don't like how Blaine basically already made the decision to move out before he talked to Kurt. There were a few "we're making this decision together" remarks from him during their talk, but imo it was already settled for him before Kurt had had the chance to discuss it with him.

Oh yes, Elliot being made into a cheerleader on the pro-Klaine team was a little cringeworthy to watch. For once, I would like to see a character on the show who could see the flaws in the Klaine relationship and wouldn't just blindly push these two together for the sake of pushing these two together.  We had thought that Burt may be the one to do so, but... We know how that turned out.
Well, there was April's divorce remark in '100', lol.   Smile 

Someone on tumblr mentioned the wish for Isabelle to come back, as she was the only character who thought of Kurt's POV and best interests first.  :( 

The scene that entertained me the most in this episode was the bedbug infestation. I've been re-watching that scene over and over (yes, I'm easily amused sometimes). Chris's comedic acting is brilliant  Smile
His shreeking, lol. This scene, the mime class, and his snark at the soda machine were comic gold.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe 4/5/2014, 10:41 am

Overall, I think this was one of the best episodes Glee has produced. Hopefully the rest of the season will continue to be just as good.

Can I just say - DOWNTOWN!!!!! I love the original - it's one of my favourite songs - and everyone sounds amazing on it, especially Lea. I loved the performance, the gang travelling to meet up with each other and have coffee!

Klaine in this episode were almost completely new. I loved the performance of the duet - domestic!Klaine and all that - but the duet itself was... meh. As much as I love Darren's voice, and Darren's lower range, Chris sang 3 lines by himself (yes, I counted). Three! Not nearly enough. I was looking forward to that duet for weeks, and then I heard it... and that's not good enough, Glee.
The Klaine was definitely what I wanted when I was a hardcore Klaine shipper. Just Klaine having a proper, real life argument, and not about cheating, or jealousy or something like that! Glorious. And another kiss means two kisses in two episodes! And then the neck kisses... and the hot make-up sex. The things you do to me, Chris Colfer.

But Kelliott was awesome! I love the idea of Kurt having a male friend, although I was hoping he would turn out to be asexual, but unfortunately not. And my Kelliott heart just expanded and then I died. Rockstar was amazing, I love Kelliott duets, and the fact that Chris gets to sing songs like these is awesome. God, just Chris's voice in general.
And the glitter vampire bit was hilarious! Kurt/Blaine/Elliott threesome (or at least a song) needs to happen.
Sebastian Smythe
Sebastian Smythe
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/5/2014, 11:16 am

Glorfindel wrote: At least these 'spontaneous' fantasy musical scenes don't bother me as much anymore as it did in the beginning, when RIB/Glee still thought themselves far above and pretended to not being another High School Musical. Rolling Eyes 

'High School Musical' were the exact words that were flashing in my mind when I watched that scene with Rachel and Artie...

It was a good first attempt, but after rewatching I don't like how Blaine basically already made the decision to move out before he talked to Kurt. There were a few "we're making this decision together" remarks from him during their talk, but imo it was already settled for him before Kurt had had the chance to discuss it with him.

Haha.. to be honest, I was too agreeable over Blaine's decision to move out that I hardly noticed that he didn't involve Kurt as much as he should in that decision  Razz 

Glorfindel wrote:
Well, there was April's divorce remark in '100', lol.   Smile 

My bad. I didn't know this because I've totally skipped the 100th and 101th episodes  tonguue 

Oh, but I did watch the youtube clip of the performance of that glorious Kurtcedes duet. Don't wish to throw the baby out with the bathwater, after all.

His shreeking, lol. This scene, the mime class, and his snark at the soda machine were comic gold.  Razz

I dare people to name any other character who could shriek as convincingly and as funnily as Kurt in that scene.  Smile 

Sebastian Smythe wrote:Klaine in this episode were almost completely new.

I have to somewhat agree here. The writers are finally introducing a significant Klaine conflict that didn't revolve around cheating for a change (although problems about lack of boundaries did somehow degenerate into Blaine feeling insecure about Kurt's friendship with Elliot and becoming aggressively territorial). Also, there were quite a number of scenes in this episode that depicted the two guys interacting as a couple; and that hadn't happened in quite a while. Alas, the way Klaine had been written leading up till now is so problematic that I really can't say that I'm favouring this development. But if the writers are determined to make Klaine endgame, I would prefer that they make the relationship more balanced and it wouldn't be Kurt acting all 'Stepford wife'-like with Blaine. I haven't seen Kurt argue with Blaine as fiercely as he had in this episode (even with the whole cheating ordeal, it was mostly Kurt being hurt and depressed, rather than damned angry and biting someone's head off-- or singing his heart out-- as he should be allowed to do), and I like it.  

Sebastian Smythe wrote:But Kelliott was awesome! I love the idea of Kurt having a male friend, although I was hoping he would turn out to be asexual, but unfortunately not.

Who were you hoping to be asexual? Elliot?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe 4/5/2014, 11:42 am

Delight wrote:

I have to somewhat agree here. The writers are finally introducing a significant Klaine conflict that didn't revolve around cheating for a change (although problems about lack of boundaries did somehow degenerate into Blaine feeling insecure about Kurt's friendship with Elliot and becoming aggressively territorial). Also, there were quite a number of scenes in this episode that depicted the two guys interacting as a couple; and that hadn't happened in quite a while. Alas, the way Klaine had been written leading up till now is so problematic that I really can't say that I'm favouring this development. But if the writers are determined to make Klaine endgame, I would prefer that they make the relationship more balanced and it wouldn't be Kurt acting all 'Stepford wife'-like with Blaine. I haven't seen Kurt argue with Blaine as fiercely as he had in this episode (even with the whole cheating ordeal, it was mostly Kurt being hurt and depressed, rather than damned angry and biting someone's head off-- or singing his heart out-- as he should be allowed to do), and I like it.

Exactly. This is a Kurt we haven't seen for seasons, and it's amazing. It seems like the writers are finally taking on board what we've been yelling at them for years. This is a change I'm celebrating, anyway.

Who were you hoping to be asexual? Elliot?

Yes, Elliot. But then I completely forgot that RIB are convinced that the only sexual orientations are hetero, homo and bi.
Sebastian Smythe
Sebastian Smythe
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/5/2014, 12:12 pm

I think that the new conflict for Klaine (insecurity and boundaries) feel really fresh, but they tie in well with the previous Klaine conflicts. For all his confidence as a performer, Blaine has always come across as a deeply insecure person. Whether it was in his place in his family (expressed in Sexy and Big Brother) to his ability to keep Kurt in a relationship (Dance with Someone, Puppet Master, New New York), Blaine's character has remained remarkably consistent. Like Rachel (in a lot of ways) his confidence is a shell and he's fine when everything goes his way. But he becomes completely unhinged when things get a bit rocky.

So for Blaine to feel worried that Kurt was spending a lot of his free time with another gay man doing an activity that Blaine had absolutely nothing to do with? Not at all out of character for Blaine. This is the guy who felt that the best way to feel close to Kurt was not just to live with him, but to insert himself into nearly every waking moment of Kurt's life. But the band remained off limits so it's not exactly a surprise that Blaine saw him as a threat, and accused Kurt of having a closer than specified relationship with Elliot.

As for Kurt, while he loves Blaine he has always felt overshadowed (and resentful of that fact) by his "alpha gay" boyfriend. Blaine was the right kind of gay (apparently) and once he joined Kurt at McKinley, Kurt's chances of getting focus and prestige completely unraveled. It was only in leaving for NY and getting out from under Blaine's shadow that Kurt began to find success (first at Vogue, then at NYADA). Now Blaine has arrived and Kurt is already on guard to protect his status. He had a cushion as an upperclassman, but Blaine quickly erased that by worming his way into each of Kurt's classes. And in their home, Blaine then proceeds to try to change things for his comfort without taking Kurt's wishes into consideration.

So none of this is particularly new. Obviously with the pair of them being engaged and up until now living together, the stakes are raised. But whether the writers intended this or not, there is a very clear line of progression in the Klaine relationship at least as far as their personal insecurities are concerned.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/5/2014, 4:05 pm

Delight wrote:'High School Musical' were the exact words that were flashing in my mind when I watched that scene with Rachel and Artie...
Hee, I was thinking "Hmmm, this looks an awful lot like 'Fame'."    tonguue 
My years are showing, lol.

Haha.. to be honest, I was too agreeable over Blaine's decision to move out that I hardly noticed that he didn't involve Kurt as much as he should in that decision  Razz 
Oh, I'm not complaining: this was one of the few times I supported Blaine 100%.   Smile 

Sebastian Smythe wrote:Yes, Elliot. But then I completely forgot that RIB are convinced that the only sexual orientations are hetero, homo and bi.
And only females can be bi, not males.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe 4/5/2014, 5:35 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
And only females can be bi, not males.  fanny2

And even then, it's debatable whether they really are bi. mince 
Sebastian Smythe
Sebastian Smythe
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next