Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

+28
sjonnepon
arina
Divalicious
SippyCupofLuv
mindschemez
Georgette888
opals
tanita_mors
Delight
ColdFlame96
bayth
ColferInspired
brisallie
angelnessa
fantastica
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Vir Cotto
Glorfindel
coxfire
Jellyrolls
Ireth
sheny
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Kurt addict
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
32 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 28 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  valkeakuulas 12/17/2013, 4:57 am

Let me join in on the queue where the devastation of Angels being a Blaine solo in Nationals is mourned. First song of Robbies they get and its given to Blaine...why not though he hasn't had a solo for a while.

But even if I'm thinking this song as a viewer, or heavens forbit as a competition number for a show choir, it is weird song to start a set with. And I just don't get why can a SOLO be acceptable in a choir competition. This was my complaint at their last nationals with Rachel also getting a solo on her own. Sure it's nice but a performance like that should never win in a choir competition.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 28 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 2:26 pm

I just have to say I'm very positive.   This shit hole of a school year is coming to an end!!  Nationals, by Episode 11 and Graduation by Episode 14.  Of course the show will throw more horrors at us, but they can no longer pretend that the choir room structure will continue uninterrupted in an endless loop.  Even they couldn't stretch the school year to more than 1 2/3 seasons.  (yup 14 episodes is 2/3 of TV season)

bounce  bounce 

It's going to amusing how they scramble afterwards to try to fit in a new structure for the show, very amusing.   moque
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/17/2013, 3:13 pm

The Glee cast started promoting the Nationals episode like crazy. I wasn’t so fed up with ND and the Sectionals/Regionals/Nationals storyline I would find their excitement for this episode cute.

Picture 1

Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6

tweet 1
tweet 2
tweet 3

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/17/2013, 3:29 pm

White tux jackets with white shirts and black bow ties? They look like waiters!

I just can't... we know that ND is going to cruise to a big win despite the fact that they shouldn't even be there (faced better teams in competition, don't have enough members, etc.). I couldn't be less excited or interested. The only way they can make this at all interesting is to actually have them lose, but we know that the show will never allow that. Not anymore.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/17/2013, 3:38 pm

Well, they want to avoid the general reaction after regionals (?) again and try to create excitement. Everyone was talking about this amazing AI singer and how undeservedly New Direction won. Seriously, I don't believe the majority of Glee watchers even care anymore about Nationals.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/17/2013, 4:03 pm

The problem with making competitions as the basis for your dramatic tension is that if your protagonist never actually loses, then it becomes boring very quickly. I haven't found competition episodes interesting since season 2, and that was the last time ND lost a competition. The build up is so fake that it's not funny any longer. Introduce a powerhouse team/performer that ND can't possibly beat and yet ND wins each and every time. Or in the cast of last season's sectionals, gets their disqualification ignored because they managed to get the Warblers disqualified.

Unless ND loses, this is going to be more of the same. And it's gotten very stale.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 4:08 pm

Let's face it , this Nationals competition is the last "hurrah" for some of the Glee actors.  

I'm more optimistic than some in that after this, Chord Overstreet will never again get the same amount of screentime and songs that he's gotten until now because they gutted the choir room cast.

That's it, it's Nationals and Graduation and the show has to reboot.   It took 2/3 of season but the writers couldn't stall anymore.

2/3 of a season, how transparently desperate and pathetic is that?   tonguue

They are going to win Nationals, dedicate it to Finn  and nobody is going to give a rat's ass.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 12/17/2013, 4:35 pm

Buenos wrote:Let's face it , this Nationals competition is the last "hurrah" for some of the Glee actors.  

I'm more optimistic than some in that after this, Chord Overstreet will never again get the same amount of screentime and songs that he's gotten until now because they gutted the choir room cast.

That's it, it's Nationals and Graduation and the show has to reboot.   It took 2/3 of season but the writers couldn't stall anymore.

2/3 of a season, how transparently desperate and pathetic is that?   tonguue

They are going to win Nationals, dedicate it to Finn  and nobody is going to give a rat's ass.

I think they will finish out the season with Lima. They'll show the summer or something weird like that. Perhaps there will be an "Internationals" this year!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 4:44 pm

I think they will finish out the season with Lima. They'll show the summer or something weird like that. Perhaps there will be an "Internationals" this year!

Could be, but then the whole premise of it being about the "choir room" will be blown out of the water, won't it?   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2013, 5:06 pm

i hope this season only has 13 episodes. the extra 9 w/ blam in NY would be totally and utterly unbearable. i am only glad that i have the power to NOT turn on the TV.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 5:34 pm

i hope this season only has 13 episodes. the extra 9 w/ blam in NY would be totally and utterly unbearable. i am only glad that i have the power to NOT turn on the TV.

While I'm sure Blam will go to NY, without the structure of the choir room they won't dominate, plus the acting/singing of Lea, Chris and Naya will blow their asses off the screen.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/17/2013, 5:52 pm

Buenos wrote:Let's face it , this Nationals competition is the last "hurrah" for some of the Glee actors.  

And that's reason for them to automatically win because...? I really hate these kind of cheap narratives where the protagonists always win because the show can't handle having a blemish on their perfect accomplishments or because it's their turn or they're owed something to make up for something else. They chickened out and gave Rachel the lead in Funny Girl because everyone thought it would be too sad for Rachel to lose her dream part on top of losing her boyfriend. Or Blaine getting his solo because he's a senior.

If that happened for everyone, I could just write it off to bad storytelling and not blatent favoritism. Because Kurt spent all of season 3 being completely shit on and didn't get anything at the end to make up for it. And he didn't get a competition solo because he's a senior. There are few things more than I hate than Special Snowflake treatment, when a character wins only because they're so special that the writers can't bear to let them lose at anything.

Having ND lose would make things relatively interesting. It would be a dissapointment to most of the seniors that they didn't finish their high school Glee careers on a high note, but that's life. I'm sure that most of the other teams have seniors and would also like to win but not everyone is going to. Why should ND be so special? And for the underclassmen, give them something to work towards next time around (even if we don't stick around to see it). And maybe have it be a problem for Blaine, as his admission to NYADA isn't such a sure thing and he doesn't get a Nationals win to convince them of his star potential. Again, give him something to work towards.

Anyone want to take bets if that ep will sink down to levels that even the CW network wouldn't tolerate? Especially if there's no NY storyline.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2013, 6:09 pm

Buenos wrote:

While I'm sure Blam will go to NY, without the structure of the choir room they won't dominate, plus the acting/singing of Lea, Chris and Naya will blow their asses off the screen.

you mean the singing of lea, naya and blaine will make kurt sing in a corner and watch them in glee?

the good thing is i won't know. I won't be there to find that out.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2013, 6:10 pm

the spoiler coming out lately is really disgusting. I really don't want them to ruin my holiday season. will stay away from this thread until i come back next time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 6:17 pm

The competition episodes on Glee are usually such a let down because the numbers themselves are usually such "meh" and ho hum.

Skylar Astin is actually a very good singer/ actor ("Pitch Perfect")  so it will be interesting how much they "tone" him down to give plausibility to ND winning. Nothing against Darren, but seriously Skylar Astin versus Darren Criss in signing/performance is so one sided it's not even funny.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2013, 6:22 pm

you think they will make ND "lose"? i mean, they could, if they want to have something actually interesting and realistic. but of course, blaine never loses.  dryy  even if the competition wins on merits ND will win on some technical ground. yuck.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 6:34 pm

You misread my post.  They will somehow "mute" Skylar Astin to try to give cover to ND winning Nationals.

I'm laughing because these Noobs will win Nationals their first time out, including getting  via  a disqualification of their opponents along the way, what a fucking joke.   Rolling Eyes
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 12/17/2013, 6:35 pm

Buenos wrote:The competition episodes on Glee are usually such a let down because the numbers themselves are usually such "meh" and ho hum.

Skylar Astin is actually a very good singer/ actor ("Pitch Perfect")  so it will be interesting how much they "tone" him down to give plausibility to ND winning. Nothing against Darren, but seriously Skylar Astin versus Darren Criss in signing/performance is so one sided it's not even funny.

LOL.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/17/2013, 6:38 pm

Say what you will about Rachel and I'll be the first to argue that she gets handed things far too easily far too often (at least, she has been since the end of season 3). But Rachel was allowed to lose on occasion. And lose big. She was allowed to fall on her face and have people rake her over the coals when her mistakes screwed things up for other people.

Maybe this never-ending school year might have been marginally more interesting if competition was taken off the table and they had to find other things to keep the club together. Maybe then I would actually have cared about ND 2.0 and not just see them as a bunch of self-entitled children riding on the coattails of far better characters and performers.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/17/2013, 7:12 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 28 Tumblr_mxysnpHQzN1r4ezfzo2_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 28 SpacerKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 28 Tumblr_mxysnpHQzN1r4ezfzo1_1280

So, my guess is that they'll use Marlee Matlin as a deaf jury member at Nationals. How funny.  dryy 

(although that might benefit the new ND in the competition  Rolling Eyes )
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 12/17/2013, 10:20 pm

Well, that sounds pretty tacky . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/17/2013, 10:23 pm

She looks great. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2013, 11:04 pm

Buenos wrote:You misread my post.  They will somehow "mute" Skylar Astin to try to give cover to ND winning Nationals.

I'm laughing because these Noobs will win Nationals their first time out, including getting  via  a disqualification of their opponents along the way, what a fucking joke.   Rolling Eyes

i didn't misread your post. i know exactly what you meant. but your post gave me an "idea" that they should let ND lose. of course that's my wishful thinking. i meant to ask you "what do you think of this idea (of them losing)" in my post but i screwed up. anyway, of course ND will win, now that the judges are "deaf" and ND has very attractive performers it's all about eye candy isn't it?!  dryy 

next year i hope they will bring homeless people and prison death row inmates or simply some chimpanzees to be the judges. i mean, why not?! the show is all about shocking values. they've already jumped the shark. now bring in the aliens!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 12/17/2013, 11:07 pm

fantastica wrote:anyway, of course ND will win, now that the judges are "deaf" and ND has very attractive performers it's all about eye candy isn't it?!  dryy 

Oh God.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/17/2013, 11:11 pm

you know, this show used to be about a bunch of misfits working hard to achieve something (like winning the first national after many years). now it's all about a bunch of attractive "stars" ruining the reputation of legitimate show choir competitions by cheapening them and ridiculing the judging process. ND is more successful than Vocal Adrenaline now. Perhaps it's time to shift the story on another school of real underdogs? like that deaf/mute school? that way i don't have to listen at all?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next