Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  bayth 2/10/2014, 7:09 pm

I haven't re-watched season 3 for that reason. Kurt's senior year was just one blow after another. I hated it - even though it did give me 'Not the Boy Next Door'.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Glorfindel 2/10/2014, 7:29 pm

^Just yesterday I was thinking how stupid the class president storyline was. And how absolutely pointless it was for Kurt to lose from Brittany, when Brittany did nothing with being president besides organizing Prom (by dismissing and bullying kids who had been working on it despite her lack of interest).

That storyline did nothing for Kurt except kicking him down even more. All it boiled down to was a reason for Rachel to get suspended so she couldnt sing (and hog another solo) at Sectionals.  Mad 

badday
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/10/2014, 8:16 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:Not Just Kurt but also Rachel. I didn't like the way Rachel got in, but she just like Kurt worked really hard for it whole season. On the other hand, we never saw Blaine rehearsing or even talking about NYADA. We are supposed to believe that he killed his audition just because Sam said so. It's laughable how easily he is going to get in, when even Rachel Berry, the star of Glee, their best singer barely made it.
And we all know the reason why we never got to see his NYADA audition is because Darren can't sing musical songs the way Lea or Chris can. If they had shown Blaine's NYADA audition there's no way in hell they would have been able to convince the viewers that Blaine deserves getting into NYADA on his first try when both Rachel and Kurt failed.

It's like Rachel's dancing: she's supposed to be not a star in it but has been practicing all her life, and her dancing was good enough to have skipped dance booty camp in season 3. But they never show her dancing, just walking around and being lifted by hot male dancers, trying to be sexy (and failing), and she has never danced during singing at a solo performance (unlike Kurt) : it's just park and bark.
And yet Mercedes was the one who was too lazy to move, while Amber is a natural dancer. dryy

Of course Rachel is not Lea and Blaine is not Darren, and sometimes on a tv show you have to make believe, like Kurt can play the piano (or at least he could before Blaine showed up) while Chris can't.
But on a tv show that has lots of singing and dancing in it then at least go with and use (or not use) the natural talents of your cast, instead of trying to make them look skilled in something they're not (and it really shows on screen and on the songs)!

It wouldn't even be so bad that Blaine gets shoved into the NYADA storyline by letting him get in with his first try, even when Darren lacks the voice: it's a tv show after all and the characters need to literally have common ground to be on.
But we just know that Blaine will be praised to the heavens by everybody at NYADA (if they will still show NYADA at all), and that he will have a smooth sailing through music college and be better in everything than Kurt (although probably not Rachel). They would never show Blaine struggling when it comes to his musical talent, whereas Kurt always is 2nd best (if at all) and "needs to find his own niche".
And when that illusion is impossible to uphold in the show because an actor simply doesn't have the voice while another actor can act and sing circles around him..... that really annoys me.  :angry:

Yup, passionate about this, probably because I know more about voices, songs and song styles than that dimwit Ryan Murphy who picks each and ever song on Glee and plays favorites too much, to the detriment of his show.  Mad

Omg I agree so much! I hate wasted talents and Glee constantly waste opportunities because they try to constantly do what they think is 'in' at the moment and ignore social media and their fans rational voices and instead listen to their picks and chooses and pisses everyone off :/ The only way Glee could be saved is if they did a whole 360, But they lost their audience and they are pissing off a million of the few million fans they got left smh  dryy 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/10/2014, 8:38 pm

Ranwing wrote:Just came up with a fantastic way to translate Kurt's current musical exploration (glam rock) and still get him to his goal of being on Broadway. Have someone decide to stage Velvet Goldmine as a Broadway show. They have been recycling movies for Broadway for while now (Rocky is opening shortly) so it's not too much of a stretch. Cast Kurt as Brian Slade (aka Maxwell Demon) which would give him an amazing part that would fit in with his flamboyancy, let him have a romantic relationship with both a male and female character and give him some amazing rock music to sing. And if they can keep Adam Lambert around, cast him as Curt Wild (his collaborator and lover).

Come on, Glee! Make this happen!
Omg I am panting! Yes Lawd Please! banzai I want Kurt to be creative and crazy and just awesome! Give me a mix of Glam Kurt and season 1 gaga loving Kurt and I am sold!  hola 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/10/2014, 9:23 pm

Ranwing wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I'd like it if they kept Funny Girl for Rachel...not that she's a stick in the mud, but FG has been her "thing" since season one.

I totally get that. I just would like that in the four + years that we've known Rachel that her dreams and aspirations might have matured somewhat. My reasons for not wanting her to play Fanny Brice is precisely because it's a dream she's been clinging to since childhood. To play this specific role so that she can become Barbra's heir. You don't become an icon by following in the footsteps of one of the greatest theater icons - you do it by forging your own path and making others want to emulate you (not emulating someone else). Playing Fanny Brice will not establish Rachel as a great star (as she really wishes to be). A copy is still a copy, no matter how good. Rachel needs to get a part and completely make it her own, not something where you immediately compare her to the original.

I kind of want to see Kurt play Gabe in one of Chris Colfer's favorite musicals, "Next to Normal".

This was one of the parts that I suggested for Kurt a long time ago. It's a great role and the vocals are right in his wheelhouse.

I am so sick of the idea that just because Kurt looks sometimes like he should be riding a pink glittery unicorn down 5th Avenue that he cannot play many (if not most) theater roles. It's called acting! If he's a good enough actor, he could convince you that he can be anything at all, regardless of how flamboyant he may or not be in real life.

True. She would be a bigger star in her own right if she were to originate a role herself rather than copy a role an icon already played. But for her to play Fanny Brice....it's like a full circle moment for Rachel (and the end of her journey), and I'd just love to see that for sentimental reasons.

Totally agree about Kurt's acting skills. I, for one, loved his version of Romeo. I am a big fan of the musical RENT, and I'd have two roles for him in mind: yes, everyone expects him to be Angel because of his flamboyant nature and kind heart. Yes, Angel is my favorite character and I'd love to see him play that character for that reason. But I can also see him as Mark.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/11/2014, 10:57 pm

Wow some people are pissy.  phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/11/2014, 11:06 pm

Buenos wrote:Wow some people are pissy.   phr34r 

On the GF? If so, what else is new?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelain 2/12/2014, 9:30 am

What now?  Rolling Eyes 
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/12/2014, 12:50 pm

In the Glee fandom, that is no surprise.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/12/2014, 6:44 pm

I'm laughing at how Chord cutting his hair is sooo important to the one bastion of Chord worship in the known universe.  The rest of the rational world is more like' God yes, it's about time. He looks like shit!" phr34r 

Last edited by Buenos on 2/12/2014, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/12/2014, 6:45 pm

he will look even better if he completely shaves his hair.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/12/2014, 6:52 pm

He'd look better still if he was off my television permanently. Darren too.

Hmmm... that reminds me of a cracky fanfic I read ages ago, when Sue was so offended by Blaine's hair that she orders him to shave it off and start over. I think that author had something there.

Last edited by Ranwing on 2/12/2014, 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected because Ranwing's spelling and grammer suck.)
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/12/2014, 6:56 pm

fantastica wrote:he will look even better if he completely shaves his hair.

I really really want a Kevin/Artie makeover.

Broken record here.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 31 Empty Heh

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/12/2014, 10:48 pm

Waiting for some more Kurt and Elliot pic spoilers  saispa  I am desperate for some good news  sifflou 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/12/2014, 10:51 pm

^ teh best news will come when the episode starts. i actually do not want to know any more spoilers.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/12/2014, 11:05 pm

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Waiting for some more Kurt and Elliot pic spoilers  saispa  I am desperate for some good news  sifflou 

They are hiding them, just like they did with the Starkurt storyline for episode 9.

"I Believe In A Thing Called Love" would be their biggest draw for this episode, so I can't see them showing it until next week.

Though we should get the songs as well.  Smile

Can't wait to hear it.  bounce
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/12/2014, 11:26 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Waiting for some more Kurt and Elliot pic spoilers  saispa  I am desperate for some good news  sifflou 

They are hiding them, just like they did with the Starkurt storyline for episode 9.

"I Believe In A Thing Called Love" would be their biggest draw for this episode, so I can't see them showing it until next week.

Though we should get the songs as well.  Smile

Can't wait to hear it.  bounce

My thirst is so real right now it's not even funny! Is it sad that I am desperate for Kurt to hang out/ sing/ talk with another man, even if in just friendship? Jesus! I am so sick of Kurt never being able to talk to any other male than Blaine  dryy  Kurt need some male friends  :( 
Hopefully the starkurt scenes will be worth watching on hulu the next day it airs uhuhu  God knows their will be no way in hell I'll give Glee even one extra rating  suure I am waiting for that train wreck to be cancelled! All these tweets I keep seeing directors talking about Chris would be a great person to cast If he wasn't involved with Glee atm makes me rage so bad! Mad  I just know when Glee is over, Chris will have way more time to work on some new film/tv projects and I am starving for it  banzai
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/12/2014, 11:29 pm

fantastica wrote:^ teh best news will come when the episode starts. i actually do not want to know any more spoilers.  Smile 
Since I do not watch Glee when it airs, only will view it if I hear its Kurt major screen time or if a Kurt song, and I ONLY will watch it on Hulu or see Kurt scenes only vids and screen shots on tumblr :P Kurt spoilers are my freinds and they help me know If I should even watch on hulu or not, but as far as viewing that wreck show live and giving it even one measly extra viewer, heck no!  vexe 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/12/2014, 11:29 pm

^ don't worry. chris is still very young. many actors struggled til their 30s and 40s to get a break, and even more never get any break ever. besides our boy is smart and hard working and he will never give up a good opportunity when it's real.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 31 Empty ^

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/12/2014, 11:58 pm

Sigh, I know, I just love Chris so much :( I want him in a new awesome movie or hot tv show, Blee hurts too much, sigh.....
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/13/2014, 3:07 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Sigh, I know, I just love Chris so much :(I want him in a new awesome movie or hot tv show, Blee hurts too much, sigh.....

Whatever plans he has acting wise we most probably hear about them near the end of Season 6.

My guess he might take the time to do a massive book tour first.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/13/2014, 4:09 am

ColferInspired wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Sigh, I know, I just love Chris so much :(I want him in a new awesome movie or hot tv show, Blee hurts too much, sigh.....

Whatever plans he has acting wise we most probably hear about them near the end of Season 6.

I hope he does a tour in my city  wub 

My thirst for Chris on my screen minus Blee is so strong lol, That is the struggle of having no other favorite actor or actress  crycry (Welp, I like some people, but Chris is my kryptonite!)  I need to stop being selfish, I need to think more about Chris books making HIM happy, not about how awesome I think him being in a movie is, I am being a selfish fan, I am sorry Chris :(
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/13/2014, 4:57 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

I hope he does a tour in my city  wub 

My thirst for Chris on my screen minus Blee is so strong lol, That is the struggle of having no other favorite actor or actress  crycry (Welp, I like some people, but Chris is my kryptonite!)  I need to stop being selfish, I need to think more about Chris books making HIM happy, not about how awesome I think him being in a movie is, I am being a selfish fan, I am sorry Chris :(

No you're not being selfish.  neutre

I desperately wanted the asylum movie, but respect Chris wanting to stay true to the characters he wrote.

Though I was extremely disappointed that it wasn't going to made because he couldn't find the right movie company to do the movie the way he wanted.

That could have been his break out role away from Glee, playing a character that was so unlike anything we have ever seen him play.

I desperately want him to play other roles, but his commitment is currently Glee. And as they seem to have upped his screen time, I still get to see him on my screen, no matter how much crap the writing is, Chris still acts the hell out of it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/13/2014, 5:38 am

I for some reason believe that aside from a possible Elliot interaction, the reason Chris spends so much on set shooting is that he's needed in the backround giving oneliners and support for the othes. Hence that hilarious onliner to the camera at the spoilers!

Yes I'm pessimistic, but for right now it upsets me that he's tied down timevise for Glee and they might not even, dispite perhaps the slightly growing minutes we see him, give Kurt real stuff to play with. He knew they would need him around the set a lot from Jan. onwards so he did nothing but hibernate write his book before that.

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/13/2014, 9:24 am

From the Backlot article posted in the appreciation thread:

Adam performed onstage during the Family Equality Council’s annual Los Angeles awards dinner at The Globe Theatre in Universal City, California. Here’s a gallery of the red carpet, with Adam and his mom, and Ryan Murphy, plus the performance. You can also see Darren Criss, who brought his orgasm face in full force.
x
OMG, did the Backlot just shade Darren's singing faces? The BacklotShocked

These were the pictures of Darren they posted with that article:

Spoiler:

Am I reading this wrong? Because if Backlot of all places is shading Darren..... in the same article they show Chris sexy and all in leather..... times are a changin'.  Laughing

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/13/2014, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : format glitch)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next