Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Delight 2/10/2014, 3:46 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:

February 8, 2014
heathermione:

To the anon(s) whining in my inbox right now and calling me a “hater” for liking that photo: what the actual fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you look at Chris Colfer in leather and eyeliner and that hair with those arms and even fucking give a shit who he happens to be in the photo with or whether or not there’s a costume fucking ring on his finger and then somehow think you can still call yourself a Chris Colfer fan?

banzai banzai 

Heather always tells it how it is.  rooots

It needs to be said. And it bears repeating too-- it needs to be said. Bravo!  rooots 
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  sheny 2/10/2014, 4:06 am

Kurt addict wrote:
I have no doubt Blaine will get a free ride to nyada and I remember saying on gf that it was another kick in the teeth for kurt if Blaine got in so easily and I was nearly lynched it was scary, but if they are looking for artists not performers then Blaine should not get in, he's a performer he lacks emotional depth.

Not Just Kurt but also Rachel. I didn't like the way Rachel got in, but she just like Kurt worked really hard for it whole season. On the other hand, we never saw Blaine rehearsing or even talking about NYADA. We are supposed to believe that he killed his audition just because Sam said so. It's laughable how easily he is going to get in, when even Rachel Berry, the star of Glee, their best singer barely made it.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/10/2014, 4:18 am

fantastica wrote:^ u r right. he doesn't look like a teenager. maybe he needs an afro.  Smile 

Razz I think he could look OK with his own "afro", I don't get why they have to tone it down. Is big hair on a guy so bad? Or why would big hair on Blaine be so bad?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 4:19 am

See, this is why I don't get.

OTOH, one realizes that Kurt and even Rachel struggling to get into NYADA has made their journey interesting, one could argue that the difficulties for them makes their triumphs resonate.  IMO Kurt's much more.

When Kurt sang "Being Alive" at the NYADA winter showcase and finally got in, while it was frustrating how long it took still the payoff of Kurt Hummel as a character was wonderful to see and relish.  

Why complain about how in canon it's easier for Blaine when on the same time it makes his character less interesting, less developed, and I would argue makes his journey on the show virtually nonexistent.  

All I want is for the show to vary things, in Season 3 all Kurt do was lose.  I don't want him to win all the time either , however.

My complaint isn't necessarily with Kurt's journey vis a vis Blaine always being harder, if anything it shows which character seems to have more shading/nuances that Kurt struggles more.

My complaint is that they show Kurt's journey, I don't give a rat's ass that it's not as golden or easy nor quite frankly as boring and predictable as Blaine.

If he struggles but they show it on screen I'm happy.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/10/2014, 4:29 am

sheny wrote:
Kurt addict wrote:
I have no doubt Blaine will get a free ride to nyada and I remember saying on gf that it was another kick in the teeth for kurt if Blaine got in so easily and I was nearly lynched it was scary, but if they are looking for artists not performers then Blaine should not get in, he's a performer he lacks emotional depth.

Not Just Kurt but also Rachel. I didn't like the way Rachel got in, but she just like Kurt worked really hard for it whole season. On the other hand, we never saw Blaine rehearsing or even talking about NYADA. We are supposed to believe that he killed his audition just because Sam said so. It's laughable how easily he is going to get in, when even Rachel Berry, the star of Glee, their best singer barely made it.

I would prefer it if he didn't get in but got into another performing arts college.

But they will always go the easy option as usual.  dryy

But will they be showing Nyada or just have them talking about it?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/10/2014, 11:23 am

sheny wrote:Not Just Kurt but also Rachel. I didn't like the way Rachel got in, but she just like Kurt worked really hard for it whole season. On the other hand, we never saw Blaine rehearsing or even talking about NYADA. We are supposed to believe that he killed his audition just because Sam said so. It's laughable how easily he is going to get in, when even Rachel Berry, the star of Glee, their best singer barely made it.
And we all know the reason why we never got to see his NYADA audition is because Darren can't sing musical songs the way Lea or Chris can. If they had shown Blaine's NYADA audition there's no way in hell they would have been able to convince the viewers that Blaine deserves getting into NYADA on his first try when both Rachel and Kurt failed.

It's like Rachel's dancing: she's supposed to be not a star in it but has been practicing all her life, and her dancing was good enough to have skipped dance booty camp in season 3. But they never show her dancing, just walking around and being lifted by hot male dancers, trying to be sexy (and failing), and she has never danced during singing at a solo performance (unlike Kurt) : it's just park and bark.
And yet Mercedes was the one who was too lazy to move, while Amber is a natural dancer. dryy

Of course Rachel is not Lea and Blaine is not Darren, and sometimes on a tv show you have to make believe, like Kurt can play the piano (or at least he could before Blaine showed up) while Chris can't.
But on a tv show that has lots of singing and dancing in it then at least go with and use (or not use) the natural talents of your cast, instead of trying to make them look skilled in something they're not (and it really shows on screen and on the songs)!

It wouldn't even be so bad that Blaine gets shoved into the NYADA storyline by letting him get in with his first try, even when Darren lacks the voice: it's a tv show after all and the characters need to literally have common ground to be on.
But we just know that Blaine will be praised to the heavens by everybody at NYADA (if they will still show NYADA at all), and that he will have a smooth sailing through music college and be better in everything than Kurt (although probably not Rachel). They would never show Blaine struggling when it comes to his musical talent, whereas Kurt always is 2nd best (if at all) and "needs to find his own niche".
And when that illusion is impossible to uphold in the show because an actor simply doesn't have the voice while another actor can act and sing circles around him..... that really annoys me.  :angry:

Yup, passionate about this, probably because I know more about voices, songs and song styles than that dimwit Ryan Murphy who picks each and ever song on Glee and plays favorites too much, to the detriment of his show.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/10/2014, 12:18 pm

Buenos wrote:

February 8, 2014
heathermione:

To the anon(s) whining in my inbox right now and calling me a “hater” for liking that photo: what the actual fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you look at Chris Colfer in leather and eyeliner and that hair with those arms and even fucking give a shit who he happens to be in the photo with or whether or not there’s a costume fucking ring on his finger and then somehow think you can still call yourself a Chris Colfer fan?

banzai banzai 

Moments like this one proves me who are the real Chris Colfer fans. Those who are not, give themselves away by complaining for a ring, while us, we enjoy the view.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/10/2014, 12:29 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
They would never show Blaine struggling when it comes to his musical talent, whereas Kurt always is 2nd best (if at all) and "needs to find his own niche".

That's why I want him to take a different path in music than Rachel and Blaine. RIB will never allow Kurt to be more or as succesfull as they are. I want him to win, to be #1 at something and with Rachel and Blaine around NYADA and Broadway are not an option for that.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 2:13 pm

Love to see Kurt as a rock glam type of guy, it would be fun.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/10/2014, 3:03 pm

Buenos wrote:Love to see Kurt as a rock glam type of guy, it would be fun.

This is a dream come true for me. Not that I don't love the big band loving, classic and dapper, musical loving young man who appears to have been born in the wrong decade (and old soul in a young body). Because I do. This is just so Kurt. But it's so nice to see him change it up a bit. To do something outside himself and completely outside of his comfort zone.

Wouldn't it be cool if he came up with an alter ego for this rock persona? Kind of like how Elliot came up with Starchild? Or like how Michael Jackson was a beast onstage, but then so shy and soft spoken offstage? I think it would be neat.

I hope this means Pamela Lansbury sings more rock and dumps the Madonna thing. First on my list: "Peace of Mind" by Boston.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/10/2014, 3:22 pm

Just came up with a fantastic way to translate Kurt's current musical exploration (glam rock) and still get him to his goal of being on Broadway. Have someone decide to stage Velvet Goldmine as a Broadway show. They have been recycling movies for Broadway for while now (Rocky is opening shortly) so it's not too much of a stretch. Cast Kurt as Brian Slade (aka Maxwell Demon) which would give him an amazing part that would fit in with his flamboyancy, let him have a romantic relationship with both a male and female character and give him some amazing rock music to sing. And if they can keep Adam Lambert around, cast him as Curt Wild (his collaborator and lover).

Come on, Glee! Make this happen!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 3:29 pm

It's so funny Ranwing, I was thinking of "Velvet Goldmine" when I mentioned Kurt getting a glam rock musical. Like minds!

Glee has all of NY music/arts/ performing options before them. I don't see why they don't have Santana go the Indie/Amy Whinehouse route or even a torchy blues/jazz singer in a bar.

Personally I hope they dumped Funny Girl by 5.14 with the time jump. Why not have the kids all work in some theatre workshop group that does musicals of different genres, with even pop accessible scores like "Spring Awakening".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/10/2014, 3:47 pm

Buenos wrote:It's so funny Ranwing, I was  thinking of "Velvet Goldmine" when I mentioned Kurt getting a glam rock musical.   Like minds!

lol! It was either wanting to see Kurt play Brian Slade, or Alec from A Clockwork Orange for his break out Broadway role for me. Anything to see him do something really interesting and daring (and not just recycling a role made great on Broadway by another actresses).

Glee has all of NY music/arts/ performing options before them.   I don't see why they don't have Santana go the Indie/Amy Whinehouse route or even a torchy blues/jazz singer in a bar.  

Personally I hope they dumped Funny Girl by 5.14 with the time jump.    Why  not have the kids all work in some theatre workshop group that does musicals of different genres, with even pop accessible scores like "Spring Awakening".  

I had suggested sonmething like this a long time ago. They can follow the path that RENT took, starting with a small theater group, making it to the City Theater and then eventually to Broadway allowing several members of the cast to get their debuts (Rachel, Kurt, Blaine and maybe Santana). Have Artie direct. It would give the show something for the cast to gather around the way the choir room did in earlier seasons.

And yes... get rid of Funny Girl. It's turning into a train wreak anyway. If Kurt is being pushed to break out of his self-concieved boundaries, I'd like to see Rachel forced to as well and to stop wanting to be the next coming of Barbra.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 3:51 pm

Well we all know it's coming;  

When will Rachel finally sing...wait for it.. "People"?

I had suggested sonmething like this a long time ago. They can follow the path that RENT took, starting with a small theater group, making it to the City Theater and then eventually to Broadway allowing several members of the cast to get their debuts (Rachel, Kurt, Blaine and maybe Santana). Have Artie direct. It would give the show something for the cast to gather around the way the choir room did in earlier seasons

Agreed.

NYADA won't cut it and the Diner and the loft are too limiting. Plus I hope we get whacked out Artie projects and flights of fancy.

Last edited by Buenos on 2/10/2014, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/10/2014, 3:55 pm

I hope that RIB are trolling this thread so that they can see these amazing ideas that you all are coming up with. The glam rock musical, the Spring Awakening vibe, the RENT vibe, the jazz singer/indie singer route....this is all so rich and filled with potential. I hope these all aren't doomed to be expressed only through fanfiction....I hope these are made into a reality in the show. I also cannot wait to see more of Artie's filmmaking storyline. EEEK! I'm getting really excited here. Dangerous for a Glee fan, I know.

All RIB need to do is to pursue these storylines, drop the endgame bullshit and we're all set. Although, I'd like it if they kept Funny Girl for Rachel...not that she's a stick in the mud, but FG has been her "thing" since season one.

I kind of want to see Kurt play Gabe in one of Chris Colfer's favorite musicals, "Next to Normal".

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 4:03 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
I kind of want to see Kurt play Gabe in one of Chris Colfer's favorite musicals, "Next to Normal".

banzai banzai 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/10/2014, 4:04 pm

^ RIB won't troll this thread because this is at thread where we trash them 24/7. lol
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/10/2014, 4:11 pm

Buenos wrote:Well we all know it's coming;  

I had suggested sonmething like this a long time ago. They can follow the path that RENT took, starting with a small theater group, making it to the City Theater and then eventually to Broadway allowing several members of the cast to get their debuts (Rachel, Kurt, Blaine and maybe Santana). Have Artie direct. It would give the show something for the cast to gather around the way the choir room did in earlier seasons

Agreed.

NYADA won't cut it and the Diner and the loft are too limiting.  Plus I hope we get whacked out Artie projects and flights of fancy.

Agreed. But think of the potential all of the locations can give the show. NYADA for a Fame vibe, the diner for a Friends vibe, the loft for the RENT vibe, and Artie's project for the Smash vibe. This is fucking awesome.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 4:18 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Agreed.

NYADA won't cut it and the Diner and the loft are too limiting.  Plus I hope we get whacked out Artie projects and flights of fancy.

Agreed. But think of the potential all of the locations can give the show. NYADA for a Fame vibe, the diner for a Friends vibe, the loft for the RENT vibe, and Artie's project for the Smash vibe. This is fucking awesome.

True, a little of everything!  Razz 

Plus throw in some jazz bar setting.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/10/2014, 4:33 pm

Buenos wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Agreed.

True, a little of everything!   Razz 

Plus throw in some jazz bar setting.

Hell yes! For Santana's career.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/10/2014, 5:20 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I'd like it if they kept Funny Girl for Rachel...not that she's a stick in the mud, but FG has been her "thing" since season one.

I totally get that. I just would like that in the four + years that we've known Rachel that her dreams and aspirations might have matured somewhat. My reasons for not wanting her to play Fanny Brice is precisely because it's a dream she's been clinging to since childhood. To play this specific role so that she can become Barbra's heir. You don't become an icon by following in the footsteps of one of the greatest theater icons - you do it by forging your own path and making others want to emulate you (not emulating someone else). Playing Fanny Brice will not establish Rachel as a great star (as she really wishes to be). A copy is still a copy, no matter how good. Rachel needs to get a part and completely make it her own, not something where you immediately compare her to the original.

This was one of the parts that I suggested for Kurt a long time ago. It's a great role and the vocals are right in his wheelhouse.

I am so sick of the idea that just because Kurt looks sometimes like he should be riding a pink glittery unicorn down 5th Avenue that he cannot play many (if not most) theater roles. It's called acting! If he's a good enough actor, he could convince you that he can be anything at all, regardless of how flamboyant he may or not be in real life.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/10/2014, 5:30 pm

Ranwing wrote:I am so sick of the idea that just because Kurt looks sometimes like he should be riding a pink glittery unicorn down 5th Avenue that he cannot play many (if not most) theater roles. It's called acting! If he's a good enough actor, he could convince you that he can be anything at all, regardless of how flamboyant he may or not be in real life.

From your lips to the writers' ears.  I'm good with Kurt being true to Kurt, but that is 180 from wanting a career in musical theater where you may  have to play different persona.    The irony of course was that the original Tony on Broadway in WSS was flaming gay in real life and yet could convey Tony convincingly on stage.  That of course was lost on the writers of Glee.   coool

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/10/2014, 5:39 pm

The WSS audition in Asian F made me sick because not a single one of the directors was looking at Kurt and seeing how he could play the part. They were judging him as a person and coming to the conclusion that because they couldn't shake the image of Kurt being "too much a lady", that he wouldn't be convicing in the role. This is because of their prejudices and misconceptions about who Kurt is and what he would be capable of, and not what they believed he might be capable of doing. They weren't looking for an actor to play Tony - they were looking for a Tony. In the end, it didn't matter that Kurt brought everything necessary to play the part (great vocals, stage presence, stage weapon skills, dancing and physicality). He was rejected because they refused to see him as anything other that the Gay Kid.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/10/2014, 6:49 pm

Ranwing wrote:The WSS audition in Asian F made me sick because not a single one of the directors was looking at Kurt and seeing how he could play the part. They were judging him as a person and coming to the conclusion that because they couldn't shake the image of Kurt being "too much a lady", that he wouldn't be convicing in the role. This is because of their prejudices and misconceptions about who Kurt is and what he would be capable of, and not what they believed he might be capable of doing. They weren't looking for an actor to play Tony - they were looking for a Tony. In the end, it didn't matter that Kurt brought everything necessary to play the part (great vocals, stage presence, stage weapon skills, dancing and physicality). He was rejected because they refused to see him as anything other that the Gay Kid.
And since the WSS rejection never got a proper resolution (with the show clearly pointing out how wrong it was for the directors to think that way), we are left with the impression that Kurt, and Chris, being "too much of a lady" to play Tony (or any other straight role) is also the opinion of the actual Glee writers and producers.

I'm still very pissed about that.  rentine
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/10/2014, 6:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Ranwing wrote:The WSS audition in Asian F made me sick because not a single one of the directors was looking at Kurt and seeing how he could play the part. They were judging him as a person and coming to the conclusion that because they couldn't shake the image of Kurt being "too much a lady", that he wouldn't be convicing in the role. This is because of their prejudices and misconceptions about who Kurt is and what he would be capable of, and not what they believed he might be capable of doing. They weren't looking for an actor to play Tony - they were looking for a Tony. In the end, it didn't matter that Kurt brought everything necessary to play the part (great vocals, stage presence, stage weapon skills, dancing and physicality). He was rejected because they refused to see him as anything other that the Gay Kid.
And since the WSS rejection never got a proper resolution (with the show clearly pointing out how wrong it was for the directors to think that way), we are left with the impression that Kurt, and Chris, being "too much of a lady" to play Tony (or any other straight role) is also the opinion of the actual Glee writers and producers.

I'm still very pissed about that.  rentine

Me too. Twisted Evil antifana 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next