Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 3:18 pm

Ranwing wrote:The rumor is that Chris will be the one to introduce Jane. It's a prestigious spot (if that is the case) but it still absolutely reeks that they'll find a place for Mark to perform, but not Chris. Adam Shankman is proving himself to be a totally unprofessional hack

Besides Adam and Cheyenne, the overwhelming majority of the performing talent are straight (of presumed straight). Great for an organization dedicated to at risk gay youth.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_mwxouqusIA1rmckvl
LBR, Mark, Amber and Darren probably are willing to sing a song, that is what in these award shows by and large is considered PERFORMING. Adam Lambert is probably going to sing a song. Cheyenne Jackson is probably going to sing a song. Ditto Megan Hilty I'm guessing ALL the people listed as PERFORMERS are going to sing a song.

It's not rocket science.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 3:24 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Erm, I totally disagree and in this case it bothers me a lot how happily you assume Chris is the one responsible for the mess.
My best case scenario was Trevor Live jumping the gun and listing Chris as a performer for the publicity. Chris reminding them he never promised to sing is somehow me making him responsible for this mess? blinkk 

I think Chris has been consistent, what has been inconsistent is Trevor's ever changing lineup. Beca was originally listed as performing. Naya Rivera at one point was listed as performing. They are now listed as appearing.

Seriously, I think Trevor Live is fucked up by how their roster changes comically every few days but that's not Chris fault.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/27/2013, 3:25 pm

I guess the only significant thing Chris will be doing on that stage is introducing Darren and Mark's performances. 

Ok even I don't believe they can be that stupid. He will probably give a speech and intruduce Jane, which is great but I hate the way they handled things. With all that moving people from one list to another they made it look like they prefer Darren, Mark and Amber performing instead of Chris and Becca.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 3:39 pm

sheny wrote:I guess the only significant thing Chris will be doing on that stage is introducing Darren and Mark's performances. 

Ok even I don't believe they can be that stupid. He will probably give a speech and intruduce Jane, which is great but I hate the way they handled things. With all that moving people from one list to another they made it look like they prefer Darren, Mark and Amber performing instead of Chris and Becca.
LBR, is anyone shocked that Darren is performing?   He's performed every year on Trevor and he's good friends apparently with the director.  Darren performs on ALL these shows, it's what he does, it's his "thing".   Whether Chris was going to perform or not, Darren performing was a given as far as I was concerned.  IMO they are not connected.

Chris' issue was fucked up really badly, but that is a separate issue.   He was listed as PERFORMING.  What does that mean?   Even the worst conspiracy people wouldn't presume that Mark Salling wanting to perform bumped Chris off the roster of performers, would they?

This is what TREVOR LIVE should have said at the beginning:

"We have made some errors in listing Performance and Appearances for the Trevor Live Show.  We apologize for any confusion.    Please be aware that changes to the final roster list of performers/appearances may be made, but that all our guests are being accommodated per their requests and  we appreciate their generously volunteering their time and efforts for this great cause."

How Fucking hard would that have been for them to do???  Without mentioning Chris or anyone else having to be fit in???
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 3:41 pm

I am flabbergasted why they chose Mark from all people. I bet the line-up will change again anyway, but it frustrates me. I am not even part of the LGBT-community, and feel like it should be a no-brainer to have primary performers who actually members of their community. It is not just about about Chris but about this urge to highlight and celebrate allies, I will never understand it. blinkk 

I am not surprised frankly. I am under the strong suspicions Adam Shankman believes by having one part of Klaine sing, the Chris fans will be happy. So many sincerely to do not seem to understand how big Chris (and also Darren's) non-Klaine fan communities are. Considering Chris is the proud gay man, who is basically a poster-child for a "it gets better campaign", the choice should be so easy.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/27/2013, 3:42 pm

I agree Trevor should have been clear since the beginning about who's performing and who's hosting. For weeks the information regarding Chris's 'performance' has been changed, one week he's singing and the following one he's downgraded to being just a participant/host, what is something he has been done in the last two years. So that why  we have ended up speculating if someone has cut him out from the performing part (Does this person is Ryan?), or Chris himself, or his team has taken this decision?

By other side, I honestly don't understand why LGBT allies are more important that actual gay celebrities?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/27/2013, 3:45 pm

brisallie wrote:By other side, I honestly don't understand why LGBT allies are more important that actual gay celebrities?
I assume they must be trying to get money from rich straight people or something . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 3:53 pm

Buenos wrote:LBR, is anyone shocked that Darren is performing?   He's performed every year on Trevor and he's good friends apparently with the director.  Darren performs on ALL these shows, it's what he does, it's his "thing".   Whether Chris was going to perform or not, Darren performing was a given as far as I was concerned.  IMO they are not connected.
Just because I/we expected it, doesn't make it right. Darren usually gets highlighted in all those LGBT shows and he represents the bigger problem of Trevor and Co. rather celebrating allies then their own members. It is not just Darren's fault at all, but represents a much bigger problem. Considering how Glee loves to dismiss Chris in favor for Darren on Glee, it is highly connected with one another. This is actually a very clear-cut, public and non-Glee related case where Darren is clearly preferred above Chris. Chris, who represents everything Trevor stands for, in favor for his straight co-star.

Adam Shankman just very recently threw a hissy-fit via Twitter because Chris fans dared to complain. Furthermore, it was confirmed Adam Shankman changed his mind and didn't even know if he wanted to incorporate Chris at all for a performing act. This one actor, who is out and proud, can sing, willing to perform, gets dismissed??! This is the Chirs Colfer and Snark&Bark forum, where else to vent when not on this board? Especially, because in my opinion, enough evidence backs me up.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 3:58 pm

This one actor, who is out and proud, can sing, willing to perform, gets dismissed??! This is the Chirs Colfer and Snark&Bark forum, where else to vent when not on this board? Especially, because in my opinion, enough evidence backs me up.
So where is your evidence that Chris was committed to sing?

He hasn't sang live in any of these events on  his own for nearly five years.  

So I'm curious to read your evidence he was going to sing.

As to out performers who are known for singing live, how many high profile ones are there?    Melissa Ethridge, Adam Lambert, Cheyenne Jackson, Victor Garber, Neil Patrick Harris does sing live, who else who would have volunteered?

I think it sucks if Chris said he wanted  to sing and was turned down, but I'm curious to see how many of you actually believe that.     I doubt Trevor LIve would have passed on the first time EVER Chris Colfer sang a live performance as Chris Colfer.   But those of you who think otherwise it's OK.

NGL, I think alot of confusion is because people use "performing" and "singing" interchangeably.

Last edited by Buenos on 11/27/2013, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 4:22 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:[quote="Buenos" This is actually a very clear-cut, public and non-Glee related case where Darren is clearly preferred above Chris. Chris, who represents everything Trevor stands for, in favor for his straight co-star.
Darren was probably slated to perform a song all along so I fail to see how that is connected to Chris. I doubt if Chris wanted to sing a song he would be turned down.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 4:32 pm

Where is the evidence that Chris didn't want to sing? So far your argument is also only based on your theories and no valid facts.

Also my evidence: he was openly slated to sing. Trevor admitted that Adam Shankman has no purpose for Chris yet. Adam Shankman acted like a spoiled, little child because Chris fans were complaining. Trevor has the tendency to prefer straight allies instead of their own. It is a very clear case!

And Chris and Darren are connected via Glee. They are a couple on the show and RIB tries to tell us on are regular basis Darren is the more popular one. With Trevor acting the same way, it could very likely give a very wrong impression of Glee/Chris fans to those suits in HW, who actually matter. Yes, this is a clear case once again of celebrating the straight actor playing a gay students, while dismissing the openly gay actor. I perceive it as a major problem.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 4:36 pm

Also my evidence: he was openly slated to sing.
So your saying listing him as Performing was because he was going to sing live.   And he was turned down/snubbed  for singing live on  the show in order to accommodate  the straight allies.  Is this your premise?

So Mark Salling, Darren Criss, Megan Hilty, Amber Riley and others were preferred for singing live than Chris Colfer  (Amber, Darren and Mark were announced as performers AFTER the first Chris listing )  because the show wanted more prominence in performance for these "straight" performers.

Just want to make sure I understand your stand.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 4:42 pm

Buenos wrote:
So your saying listing him as Performing was because he was going to sing live.   And he was turned down/snubbed  for singing live on  the show in order to accommodate  the straight allies.  Is this your premise?
Yes.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 4:45 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
Yes.

Fair enough, you gave your opinion.

My opinion, there is NO evidence that he was ever slated to sing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 4:50 pm

Just as much as there is NO evidence he ever refused to sing... Lets agree to disagree.

On other news, someone hacked Karyn Colfer's twitter account. :angry: 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 4:51 pm

I can't believe RIB are going to have the gall to have iconic Glee songs sung by Blam/Noobs for the 100th episode. Shocked 

Rachel,Kurt and Satana might be lucky if they fly them back to Lima to sit on stools and listen to New New Directions sing mostly songs from Seasons 1-3.

I love how "ROAR" was the one "choice" from Seasons 4 and 5.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 4:54 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Just as much as there is NO evidence he ever refused to sing... Lets agree to disagree.

Saying there is no evidence either way isn't the same thing.

Example: Mary is thief.

There is no evidence she is a thief. There is no evidence she is not a thief.
Therefore the lack of evidence supports either premise ? No.
Without evidence either is an opinion with no backing.

So yes, we can agree to disagree.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 5:02 pm

Huh... Chris was confirmed as performer and I perceive that as proper and official evidence... You are the one claiming Chris never wanted to perform.

I am done after this post, no worries, but I really do not appreciate it that you treat my opinion like I am an immature, little child. Your argument is in no shape or form less valid then mine. No matter how much you perceive it as such, it is not.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 5:10 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Huh... Chris was confirmed as performer and I perceive that as proper and official evidence...  You are the one claiming Chris never wanted to perform.

I am done after this post, no worries, but I really do not appreciate it that you treat my opinion like I am an immature, little child. Your argument is in no shape or form less valid then mine. No matter how much you perceive it as such, it is not.
I speculated he was never committed to sing live.

I don't claim my argument or opinion is more valid than others. I question when an opinion is treated as a fact, and I question "evidence" when none is brought forth. I understand where our differences are: you claim that "performing" and "singing" are the same thing in this case with Chris. I disagree. My opinion is that Trevor Live would not turn down/snub Chris offer to sing.

We have different opinions, which is fine. As to thinking i have a valid opinion, I hope I think that, otherwise why give it? Likewise I hope you think you have a valid opinion. coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/27/2013, 5:48 pm

Yep, lets just agree to disagree, as previously stated without starting any fights. We will never know the true facts anyway of the BTS procedure. It is mere speculation, but the entire non-sense of constantly changing all the performers really annoyed me blinkk 

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/27/2013, 5:53 pm

Let's look at the facts:

- We already know that Trevor Live tends to favor straight allies over their own LGBTQ members.

- As far as I know all Trevor live performers in the past did sing, not pole dance, juggle plates or let rabbits appear from their hats. So in all intents and purposes "performing" at Trevor Live means "singing".

- Even if you don't believe the fan who stated that Chris himself said last year that he offered to sing but got turned down, this year Chris was first listed as a performer at Trevor Live. They can only do that if they get a 'clear' from Chris' management.

- Chris then was removed from the performers list and placed on the appearance list.

- After Kurtsies asked for an explanation one of Adam Shankmans coworkers announced that Adam said that he was still in doubt if and how he would weave into the show. Translates as: Adam Shankman did not know yet if he would let Chris perform, even when we know that Chris must have offered.

- Then they put Chris back on the performer list, along with half a dozen of his straight Glee mates.

- Adam Shankman even threw a hissyfit on twitter, saying that Chris would do something significant and we shouldn't get our panties in a twist. Note: he did this after Chris was back on the performers list.

- But now Chris was taken off from the performers list again, while most of the other Glee cast still are scheduled to perform.

Really, it is not rocket science: 1) Chris was willing to "perform", 2) performing means singing at Trevor Live, 3) then there was this musical chairs game which was handled very poorly with Adam practically saying that he didn't know yet if he would let Chris perform, and 4) the end result is that Chris won't perform while at least 3 of his straight cast mates will.
That is wrong on several levels, no matter how you spin it or where the initial blame/misconception lies.

Noone here denies that presenting can't be as honorable as singing, but truth is that a performer at Trevor gets a lot more minutes to present himself, whereas a presenter only presents others (and just imagine the irony of Chris having to present his singing cast mates).
Chris has presented in the past for Trevor Live, and in relation to that Darren has sung a lot, really: a lot. Why not shake things up a bit, especially when you can have the premier of a celebrity singing for the first time solo in public? 

I don't believe that Trevor/Adam Shankman sees the importance of letting Chris sing. As Lottie said: they think that if they let 1 of Klaine sing the fans will be happy.
Saying that "singing is what Darren does all the time", and "Adam is a close friend of Darren" does not help here, on contrary: it only emphasizes the problem.

This smells very badly, and Trevor is making a big public image mistake here.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 6:12 pm

But now Chris was taken off from the performers list again, while most of the other Glee cast still are scheduled to perform.
Per the website:
http://www.thetrevorproject.org/site/pages/special-guests

Becca and Naya were listed or tweeted  at one time by Trevor  as performing as well as Chris , they are all  now listed as "Appearing".

Glee cast performing:    Amber Riley, Darren Criss, Mark Salling

Glee cast appearing:  Chris Colfer, Naya Rivera, Becca Tobin, Harry Shum, Melissa Benoist, Alex Jewel, Jacob Artist, Blake Jenner
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/27/2013, 6:27 pm

Noone here denies that presenting can't be as honorable as singing, but truth is that a performer at Trevor gets a lot more minutes to present himself, whereas a presenter only presents others (and just imagine the irony of Chris having to present his singing cast mates).
Chris has presented in the past for Trevor Live, and in relation to that Darren has sung a lot, really: a lot. Why not shake things up a bit, especially when you can have the premier of a celebrity singing for the first time solo in public?
My speculation:  Chris has had ample opportunities to "present himself" as a singer in events.  Him and his team aren't stupid.    I would imagine this isn't the first time nor the last time the opportunity for Chris to sing may have popped up.  (Mind you I said opportunity)  I'm going out on a limb here:  I'm going to speculate/predict that Chris will not sing live in any event for the next 12 months despite having the opportunity to present himself.

Other than that, I'm as bummed as anyone that my initial  hopes  were dashed and that Chris is not going to sing on Trevor Live.

The sad thing is that nobody on Trevor/Adam Shankman is going to fess up how they fucked up so badly on the whole thing. I hate how Adam Shankman implied that fans went ape shit crazy just because. It's such a mess.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/27/2013, 6:40 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Just as much as there is NO evidence he ever refused to sing... Lets agree to disagree.

On other news, someone hacked Karyn Colfer's twitter account. :angry: 
Again?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/27/2013, 6:46 pm

Buenos wrote:
My speculation:  Chris has had ample opportunities to "present himself" as a singer in events.  Him and his team aren't stupid.    I would imagine this isn't the first time nor the last time the opportunity for Chris to sing may have popped up.  (Mind you I said opportunity)  I'm going out on a limb here:  I'm going to speculate/predict that Chris will not sing live in any event for the next 12 months despite having the opportunity to present himself.
When has Chris had the opportunity to sing at events?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next