Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

+28
MoviesAreLife
Piciollina
sjonnepon
angelnessa
Georgette888
valkeakuulas
Delight
M&M
Divalicious
Ireth
ColdFlame96
SippyCupofLuv
coxfire
Lottie2303
sheny
opals
arina
fantastica
bayth
AnneNeville
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
brisallie
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
32 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

Post  sheny 10/8/2013, 5:16 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/2862462.html#comments

Song spoilers. They are seriously doing "Blurred Lines"??! Fuck you Glee, fuck you!!! I hope Chris won't sing it.
G*ddammit!!! They really went there. They are so vile. antifana 

I also hope that Kurt won't sing it, but can you imagine Blaine singing this song (and he totally will) when that car scene in season 3 is still fresh in the fandom's mind? Unless they deliberately are making him a creep, this is quite disturbing. They are really blind, aren't they?

Also: remember how the girls were scolded at when they did the Cell Block Tango as part of their 'punishment' for laughing at domestic violence? Wanna bet that with 'Blurred Lines' all the guys of ND will be singing it while the girls almost cream themselves?
Disgusting. badday
Can someone explain what's going on? I've never heard of "Blurred lines" before.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 5:23 am

^ It is basically a song condemning rape culture and objectifying woman. It has a disgusting video, a parody with swapped genders got banned on YT because of the objectification of males (no kidding), and got banned in several night clubs in the UK. It has started a big controversy and by Glee using it, they most surely make a very misogynistic statement. It is plain disgusting and stupid they use this song.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 5:24 am

^Basically 'Blurred Lines' is a song that says that when a girls says "No" she doesn't really mean it, and rape can be okay sometimes if a girl is 'asking for it'.
It literally means that lines can be crossed because they can be perceived to be in a 'grey area'.
It's a horrible song, with an even more horrible music video. :angry: 

-ETA-
Or what Lottie said.
Did they really ban the swapped gender video because it objectifies men? Gurllll. sadica 

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Isn't 5x06 the Blam episode? So they use Billy Joel for Blam.. yeah! And I actually defended the episode yesterday phr34r

BTW, Blaine already dominated the entire Beatles episode. What the fuck is going on that he literally seems to get ALL songs nowadays? Fuck Glee! (...guess I am in angry mood today)
You're not the only one in an angry mood. tronco 

The title of the Billy Joel tribute is 'Movin' Out', so my bet is that Blam is going to New York together, yay. dryy 
Would they really go there and have Blam move in together while Kurt stays with Pezberry at the loft, when Klaine is engaged? They wouldn't be that daft, now would they? Nevermind answering that.
Jeez! Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 5:29 am

My only hope is basically they need character to remain in Lima. Sam alone won't cut it at all and they promoted all Newbies. So I hope, hope, hope the engagement gets called off again and they remain Blaine in Lima. They can rehash the teacher SL which was supposed to be for Finn, as we all know they are not creative enough to write new SL's.

Kurt didn't even get one song about moving to NYC, and Blam (and not Tina, Artie or Co) get an entire episode plus tribute for post-highschool. Are they kidding me??! Fucking idiots.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/8/2013, 5:33 am

Can someone explain what's going on? I've never heard of "Blurred lines" before.

Just to give you a snippet, here are some of the lyrics of the "rap" part of the song (put under spoiler bars 'cause it's pretty disgusting):

Spoiler:

And, the main singer, Robin Thicke, basically says "I now you want it" the whole song.

So Glee, if they really go there, are complete twats, jerks, wankers, pigs and all kind of superlatives you can peg such bastards with.

I'm not easily shocked, far from that, but being that stupid is baffling.

Last edited by coxfire on 10/8/2013, 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/8/2013, 5:40 am

Lottie2303 wrote:http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/2862462.html#comments

Song spoilers. They are seriously doing "Blurred Lines"??! Fuck you Glee, fuck you!!! I hope Chris won't sing it.
Darren said in an interview that he loved this song and wanted to sing it on the show. dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 5:46 am

^ Then he is an idiot, an asshole and all remaining respect I still had for him disappeared. Anyone liking and supporting this song is a goddamn misogynistic, rape culture supporting asshole. Sorry but not sorry.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/8/2013, 5:47 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Isn't 5x06 the Blam episode? So they use Billy Joel for Blam.. yeah! And I actually defended the episode yesterday phr34r

BTW, Blaine already dominated the entire Beatles episode. What the fuck is going on that he literally seems to get ALL songs nowadays? Fuck Glee! (...guess I am in angry mood today
What? There is going to be a Blam episode? beam  Why would they waste an entire episode for this stupid and offensive excuse of a friendship that almost everybody hates? I understand the Klaine heavy episodes they are a popular pairing after all but who cares about Blam. Just because some immature little girls think DC and Chord look hot together or something  :vomit2:and spam tumblr and Ryan Murphys twitter feed doesn't mean the other 99% of the viewers deserve a punishment like that.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/8/2013, 5:50 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Then he is an idiot, an asshole and all remaining respect I still had for him disappeared. Anyone liking and supporting this song is a goddamn misogynistic, rape culture supporting asshole. Sorry but not sorry.
Well, my Mum likes it, but she never payed attention to the lyrics, so.....Smile 
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 5:53 am

^Hehe, many don't think about the song lyrics. But Darren is in a different position, because he wants to promote the song by using it on Glee, so it is his obligation to know what the song is about. Otherwise situations like now appear where he basically is condemning rape culture.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/8/2013, 5:55 am

coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ Then he is an idiot, an asshole and all remaining respect I still had for him disappeared. Anyone liking and supporting this song is a goddamn misogynistic, rape culture supporting asshole. Sorry but not sorry.
Well, my Mum likes it, but she never payed attention to the lyrics, so.....Smile 
Yeah, but if Darren sings it he will be paying attention to the lyrics, he has to to know what he is singing.

Fox will get a shock if the ratings are really bad, and I mean really really bad.

But what if deep down he knows back in TFT what Blaine did was attempted rape and he is using this to show that.

Last edited by ColferInspired on 10/8/2013, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/8/2013, 5:59 am

coxfire wrote:

Just to give you a snippet, here are some of the lyrics of the "rap" part of the song (put under spoiler bars 'cause it's pretty disgusting):

Spoiler:

And, the main singer, Robin Thicke, basically says "I now you want it" the whole song.

So Glee, if they really go there, are complete twats, jerks, wankers, pigs and all kind of superlatives you can peg such bastards with.

I'm not easily shocked, far from that, but being that stupid is baffling.
The lyrics are really disgusting I can't believe they are doing this. What's wrong with the Glee makers? FOX doesn't allow gay people to kiss or hug more that once a year but they are letting RIB cover a song about rape with such vulgar lyrics on a show that is watched mainly by teens. Evil or Very Mad

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/8/2013, 6:18 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^Hehe, many don't think about the song lyrics.

Yeah, a lot of songs do benefit from the "lost in translation" factor. I love the Beatles (to stay within the recent Glee mood), but when I really listen to some of the lyrics I'm like "God they were cheesy/corny..."

My mum likes the melody of the song basically, and doesn't put to much effort in getting the lyrics (even if she speaks english quite well, when she wants)

But I do agree that, as an english-speaking artist and songwriter, Darren comes across as a jerk by supporting such a song.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 6:34 am

^ There are so many songs where I basically switch off my brain and refuse to listen to the lyrics. Helps me to enjoy much more songs Razz 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/8/2013, 6:46 am

Thinking about it, I thought I read Glee wanted to do "twerking", no (or do I make that up?), and if I recall well, I heard about Miley Cyrus twerking with Robin Thicke at some event this summer, so, are the morons in charge going to subject us to some reenactment of that crap?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 6:50 am

^ ha, even better, they also do a Miley Cyrus song! That episode has written disaster all over it...
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/8/2013, 7:17 am

My first reaction to the Billy Joel tribute is yay. I love Billy Joel.

My second thought is if it's a Blam episode, boo because that would probably mean a Darren solo, a Chord solo, and two Blam duets, which would take up four of the six of songs.

My third thought is if Blaine sings Just the Way You Are to Kurt, it will have me raging like I've never raged before. And I don't want Kurt singing it to Blaine either.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/8/2013, 7:29 am

Jellyrolls wrote:My first reaction to the Billy Joel tribute is yay.  I love Billy Joel.  

My second thought is if it's a Blam episode, boo because that would probably mean a Darren solo, a Chord solo, and two Blam duets, which would take up four of the six of songs.

My third thought is if Blaine sings Just the Way You Are to Kurt, it will have me raging like I've never raged before.  And I don't want Kurt singing it to Blaine either.
Well, to be honest, if those 2 could share the less screentime possible and the least duets possible, I'd be glad! And if Kurt could sing with anyone else than Rachel and effin' Blaine, I'd do a happy dance. Bring me Kelliot and Kurtana duets, a Kartie one for f*ck's sake. We're in S5 and those 2 never had a duet, goddammit.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/8/2013, 7:31 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 10/8/2013, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler tags)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/8/2013, 7:35 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 10/8/2013, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler tags)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/8/2013, 7:37 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by sheny on 10/8/2013, 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 7:39 am

I want to listen (but I also do not want to listen to the audio), but I am at work and cannot switch on the sound :( 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/8/2013, 7:58 am

Spoiler:
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 19 Empty t

Post  Jellyrolls 10/8/2013, 8:05 am

I just purchased the EP for the tribute episode on iTunes. If you buy the EP, it's just $5.99. I hope those who can will consider buying it as a tribute to Cory (since the poceeds are going to charity), and as a show of support to the cast.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 9:04 am

Jellyrolls wrote:My third thought is if Blaine sings Just the Way You Are to Kurt, it will have me raging like I've never raged before. And I don't want Kurt singing it to Blaine either.
Yes, I 100% agree. That song would be..... rage inducing when sung by one of them to the other. I don't want it sung by Kurt to Rachel or Santana either. I hope it's totally out of context in the show, actually, but it probably will be used in the wrong way, ugh.

ColferInspired wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next