Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 1:43 pm

sheny wrote:^ Why is Will on the "Let it be" cover when he doesn't sing even one line from that song?
I wish they used new pictures for the second cover too instead of just photoshopping last season's promo pics.
I believe neither Will nor Marley sing one line from "Let it be" , so epic fail on both counts. I doubt they even had the NY characters pose for any iconic Beatles covers.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  sheny 9/23/2013, 1:47 pm

Buenos wrote:
sheny wrote:^ Why is Will on the "Let it be" cover when he doesn't sing even one line from that song?
I wish they used new pictures for the second cover too instead of just photoshopping last season's promo pics.
I believe neither Will nor Marley sing one line from "Let it be" , so epic fail on both counts.  I doubt they even had the NY characters pose for any iconic Beatles covers.
I forgot about Marley. I can't believe they are actually paying someone to make these awful promo materials. I know 10 year olds who can do better.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/23/2013, 1:53 pm

^ Exactly. They should just hire people from tumblr. It is a big mystery to me anyway why so many TV shows to so bad photoshots and don't realize the goldmine of tumblr and photoshop. Teen Wolf realized its potential and I don't even know many people (including myself) solely started watching the show because of gifs, manpis and fan art. It is so much wasted potential achievable with one talented person who is hired solely for updating tumblr. blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/23/2013, 1:55 pm

Beatles Quiz Video

dryy Bad photoshop and Darren Criss doing 2:18 minutes long Beatles quiz will definitely make a lot of people want to watch the new season.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/23/2013, 1:57 pm

Um...I've missed so much and can't even hope to catch up. (Wow! The board moves too fast!) But in between periods of being computerless and landing a new job recently, I've neglected the internet lately. I've missed you all so much. So, sorry if I am re-hashing things you all have already talked about.

Rachel's second chance at Fanny: I am not as offended at this as many of you are. I know it's the NYADA Storyline 2.0, but I don't mind it. I think that losing Fanny and Finn within weeks of each other would be just terrible. I am also happy that she's in the working world now as a singing waitress.

Santana and Dani: I've always hated Santana, still do, and always will. She's not funny or interesting to me at all...just a mean, rude, cantankerous cow who gets away with shit because she's a hot lesbian. I do not like Naya either. Demi on the show so soon after the Cory tragedy makes me nervous...BUT...I am actually excited for this storyline. I hated Brittana....they were just awful for each other and a joke of a relationship. I am so excited to see a lesbian relationship being taken seriously on the show and being portrayed with two actresses who are not freaked out by the lesbian content. Glee could only go so far with a character like Brittany who was mainly for comic relief. With Demi playing off of Naya's Santana, the sky is the limit.

Cory Tribute: It's going to be sad and beautiful.

Tina getting Carrie'd: Don't care. Stopped caring about her long ago.

Sam and Penny and Artie and Kitty: Don't care about Sam/Penny, but I'm curious about Artie and Kitty because Kevin and Becca play well off of one another.

Adam Lambert: Any new info on him? Frankly, I'm tired of Kurt having to deal with bullies. I hope Adam Crawford comes back.

Klaine Proposal: YUCK! I am disgusted by this storyline. I hear that Kurt makes the first move??? WTF?!? How can he possibly go from "We're not a couple" to "I'm ready to date you again and marry you soon!" within the span of one week or less? Does he have a split personality? Kurt, honey, I love you...but no,no,no,no,no!

Um....is that it? Nah, I'm probably leaving out a dozen things. Oh well.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/23/2013, 2:00 pm

Oh yeah! "Get Back"! Okay, it's the weirdest, strangest Hummelberry duet I've ever heard in my life....and I kind of like it! blushh 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/23/2013, 2:04 pm

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Glee-Abbey-Road
I won't say what I thought when I saw this one. It's not nice.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 2:05 pm

Just to show how bad a copy this is:

The Original:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Img6443

Glee version:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Let-It-Glee-Cover
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/23/2013, 2:19 pm

Is that ridiculous contraption made by Fox or Entertainment Weekly? Who ever lets this kind of crap be published should get at least a fair warning, that is just bad. Not even talking about the idea of a bad copy but the genuine work is totally botched.

Last year they had ads everywhere you could turn to and this year all this rehashed crap and no generous amount of new promo stuff. Either Fox is seriously cutting down their advertizing dept or someone good left the stink house. No matter what I felt about the using the false advertizing route of last year by using Chris and Lea, visually and idea wise that was thousand times better that what we get now.

They just don't give crap about their professional reputation.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/23/2013, 2:29 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/23/2013, 2:45 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Rachel's second chance at Fanny: I am not as offended at this as many of you are. I know it's the NYADA Storyline 2.0, but I don't mind it. I think that losing Fanny and Finn within weeks of each other would be just terrible. I am also happy that she's in the working world now as a singing waitress.
Lea isn't Rachel. Finn isn't Cory. So actually I expect the showrunners to create a realistic storyline that feels natural and organic. I don't want a storyline where you can clearly see they abandoned all reasons and clarity just to create the perfect career opportunity for Rachel. Life happens. Really, really bad stuff happens sometimes. Including death and failed job opportunities. So I want them to pursue the storyline that feels right, and not a pity storyline that because Rachel lost Finn, she deserves Fanny. That is just ridiculous.

But this is Rachel. We all know the outcome anyway.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/23/2013, 3:01 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/23/2013, 3:07 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Rachel's second chance at Fanny: I am not as offended at this as many of you are. I know it's the NYADA Storyline 2.0, but I don't mind it. I think that losing Fanny and Finn within weeks of each other would be just terrible. I am also happy that she's in the working world now as a singing waitress.
Lea isn't Rachel. Finn isn't Cory. So actually I expect the showrunners to create a realistic storyline that feels natural and organic. I don't want a storyline where you can clearly see they abandoned all reasons and clarity just to create the perfect career opportunity for Rachel. Life happens. Really, really bad stuff happens sometimes. Including death and failed job opportunities. So I want them to pursue the storyline that feels right, and not a pity storyline that because Rachel lost Finn, she deserves Fanny. That is just ridiculous.

Thank you for saying this. I am so tired of Cory's (and by extension Finn's) death as justification for giving Rachel this huge win. Yes, it is tragic and yes, it totally sucks for both Lea and Rachel. But that doesn't mean that whatever coherent (or at least as coherent as Glee gets) storyline out the window just to make Rachel feel better.

Life sometimes hands you a pack of brutal blows and kicks you while your down (as Kurt's entire season 3 storyline proves). Just because you lose something important doesn't mean that the fates are going to intervene and hand you something else as compensation. And if the show had no intention of letting Rachel get this part (at least, for now), then changing things at this stage is going to be monumentally difficult. It's going to mean hiring actors that they didn't plan on (and firing those that they might have lined up for whatever they had in mind for her). It's going to mean a permanent set, completely rewriting not only the script in relation to her, but for Kurt and Santana since they are the primary characters that she interacts with. It would be a pretty monumental task for a show known for their sharp writing, but we're talking about Glee here.

And as I said, sometimes bad things happen in multiples. I realize that losing out on this part would probably be seen by Rachel as a tragedy on par with the sinking of the Titanic, but in the big picture it's not so horrific. It's her first high profile audition and she got far further in consideration than she reasonably should have been. There will be many other jobs, many other auditions in her future. Losing one when you have no real experience and aren't even a year out of high school? Yeah... here's the world's smallest violin playing for Rachel.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/23/2013, 3:11 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Glee-Abbey-Road
I won't say what I thought when I saw this one.  It's not nice.
Oh, look! Sam is barefoot. Is that because Joe Hart/Barefoot-Teen-Jesus is gone? (I suppose it's more likely copying the original, but I haven't checked.)

I'm actually kind of sorry that Joe Hart is (apparently) gone, along with Sugar and Brittany. That's a lot of change for mid-semester.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/23/2013, 3:11 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 32 Tumblr_mtla9jDVhj1qcso3yo2_500

from the Glee Sings The Beatles CD booklet

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 3:17 pm

The fact that they are extending the Funny Girl SL isn't proof yet Rachel is already going to be a Broadway star early in S5. For all we know she'll be an understudy or the Funny Girl auditions will lead to other chances/opportunities. Just because they are not dropping the "Funny Girl" SL immediately isn't necessarily bad IMO as far as continuity. There aren't many Funny Girl songs left to sing ("People", "Second Hand Rose" I suppose) and we haven't gotten any spoilers that the actors in the first two episodes (Ion Gruffold and the "Nurse Jackie" actor) have been signed on as guest regulars for now.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 3:21 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Oh, look! Sam is barefoot. Is that because Joe Hart/Barefoot-Teen-Jesus is gone? (I suppose it's more likely copying the original, but I haven't checked.)
Yes, Paul McCartney stands out in the original Beatles cover because he's walking bare foot. So Sam doing that is recreating the original cover.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/23/2013, 3:22 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

-Also, another mean girl cheerleader named Bree? Why am I not surprised? I remember high school, all of the cheerleaders I met were actually nice girls. Why must this stereotype continue?

-I know that Lea/Rachel and Cory/Finn are not the same...what made you think otherwise? The fact is is that Rachel lost Finn just as Lea lost Cory. Art mirrors reality in the fact that girl loses boy. Now, I'm going to hope that Lea/Cory were much healthier than Finchel ever was. Yes, Finchel was a toxic mess....but Rachel still loved him and thought of him as a "soulmate", for whatever strange reason. Losing a loved one sucks more than losing a role, and getting the role of Fanny (just barely, by the way) does not even begin to make up for losing someone you love, no matter how toxic that "love" was. Even if she does get the role, this will not take the pain away. She will have to deal with the worst kind of loss imaginable still...losing a parent, sibling, friend, lover....it all sucks in the worst way. Actually, I wouldn't have minded if she lost both Fanny and Finn because, you're right, that's life. I initially thought they were going to do that. Provided that she has a wonderful friend like Kurt and her parents to lean on in those tough times ahead, maybe she would be able to handle losing both. But I'm not throwing a fit over her possibly getting Fanny in light of what happens with Finn. So what? It's a bit of a consolation prize at this point, yes. But in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter? It would have been morbidly interesting to see her suffer loss after loss like Kurt did in season three, but I'm not going to be bitter about this. She will suffer loss this season, whether the writers planned it or not. I'm not going to demand that they make her this tragic figure of suffering like Kurt or Quinn (who I also hate seeing be put through the ringer all the time).

Rachel will get a bitchslap of reality this season. Yay. That is actually more than I can say for quite a few other characters who get away with murder.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/23/2013, 3:28 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:

Thank you for saying this. I am so tired of Cory's (and by extension Finn's) death as justification for giving Rachel this huge win. Yes, it is tragic and yes, it totally sucks for both Lea and Rachel. But that doesn't mean that whatever coherent (or at least as coherent as Glee gets) storyline out the window just to make Rachel feel better.

Life sometimes hands you a pack of brutal blows and kicks you while your down (as Kurt's entire season 3 storyline proves). Just because you lose something important doesn't mean that the fates are going to intervene and hand you something else as compensation. And if the show had no intention of letting Rachel get this part (at least, for now), then changing things at this stage is going to be monumentally difficult. It's going to mean hiring actors that they didn't plan on (and firing those that they might have lined up for whatever they had in mind for her). It's going to mean a permanent set, completely rewriting not only the script in relation to her, but for Kurt and Santana since they are the primary characters that she interacts with. It would be a pretty monumental task for a show known for their sharp writing, but we're talking about Glee here.

And as I said, sometimes bad things happen in multiples. I realize that losing out on this part would probably be seen by Rachel as a tragedy on par with the sinking of the Titanic, but in the big picture it's not so horrific. It's her first high profile audition and she got far further in consideration than she reasonably should have been. There will be many other jobs, many other auditions in her future. Losing one when you have no real experience and aren't even a year out of high school? Yeah... here's the world's smallest violin playing for Rachel.
I actually don't think this Fanny/Rachel storyline will be this simple. If she gets it, I think there will be a catch. Isn't Fanny her dream role? Glee has...what....two more seasons left? If she becomes a Broadway star on her first big audition, what is there left in her story to tell? Her storyline will be wrapped up far too quickly. Something is going to happen, I can just feel it. Perhaps she will be sandbagged by a jealous understudy? Perhaps she will be the understudy/swing? Maybe she will not get if after all? We just don't know.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/23/2013, 3:37 pm

I don't mean you Heather, but there is a certain mindset among some fans that Lea already lost Cory, so Rachel cannot lose Fanny either. Hence my statement that they are still characters. Rachel's loss of Fanny won't and will never influence Lea's sorrow.

The problem with Rachel, no matter what they plan with her for the near future, we just know she will be Fanny Price. The main actress gets sick/has an accident/dies/realizes how special Rachel is, and it is her role and breakthrough, We all know it will happen. Hence, no drama, no suspension, no shock and no emotional investment with this storyline.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 3:38 pm

Speaking for myself, I didn't like it when Kurt had loss after loss in Season 3.

So for Rachel as a character to endure the loss of her soulmate Finn and more losses during S5 because that happens in real life doesn't interest me. Taken as a while, I don't really see any huge "wins" for Rachel in S3, she won the Winter showcase at NYADA but then lost the Diva singoff with Kurt and apparently lose some mojo at NYADA because of it. The Sychophants who were kissing her ass in "Diva" were dissing her in "Wonderful" so I don't see where Rachel's trajectory for a season was just win/win/win/.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 9/23/2013, 3:40 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I don't mean you Heather, but there is a certain mindset among some fans that Lea already lost Cory, so Rachel cannot lose Fanny either. Hence my statement that they are still characters. Rachel's loss of Fanny won't and will never influence Lea's sorrow.

The problem with Rachel, no matter what they plan with her for the near future, we just know she will be Fanny Price. The main actress gets sick/has an accident/dies/realizes how special Rachel is, and it is her role and breakthrough, We all know it will happen. Hence, no drama, no suspension, no shock and no emotional investment with this storyline.
Gotcha. Sorry I snapped at you. I've been sick with this awful flu for the past five days.

Maybe she will not. At least, not yet. It does seem too soon and/or too easy or too early. There has to be a twist somewhere.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/23/2013, 3:45 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I don't mean you Heather, but there is a certain mindset among some fans that Lea already lost Cory, so Rachel cannot lose Fanny either. Hence my statement that they are still characters. Rachel's loss of Fanny won't and will never influence Lea's sorrow.

That is the plot of every backstage musical known to man since talking movies started..Razz  It was an "old" plot even when the Original Funny Girl first was on Broadway with Barbara Streisand. I don't think knowing the outcome of the "ingenue triumphing " means no drama, emotional investment, etc but the fact that the writers don't execute it well.

Glee in the first season gave away from the getgo that Rachel was going to a huge star so there has NEVER been any suspense on Glee about that. Rachel triumphing on Broadway could be interesting with other writers, but Glee being Glee, it's the writers, not the lack of suspense, that could (and probably will) ruin this SL.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/23/2013, 3:45 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I actually don't think this Fanny/Rachel storyline will be this simple. If she gets it, I think there will be a catch. Isn't Fanny her dream role? Glee has...what....two more seasons left? If she becomes a Broadway star on her first big audition, what is there left in her story to tell? Her storyline will be wrapped up far too quickly. Something is going to happen, I can just feel it. Perhaps she will be sandbagged by a jealous understudy? Perhaps she will be the understudy/swing? Maybe she will not get if after all? We just don't know.
This is exactly what I've been saying for so long. Getting the big break and getting her starring role on Broadway is the endpoint of Rachel's storyline. To do it now, with potentially two more seasons just cuts her story off at the knees. And there's only so long that I'll want to sit through Rachel attending rehersals by herself before I change the channel.

I fully expect Rachel to get a far easier track towards stardom than would happen in the real world, but they've gone out of their way to make it so completely effortless, with no real potholes and no hint of real suspence that maybe she might not make it. It becomes boring. And as good an actress as Lea can be, the NYADA scenes before Kurt joined Rachel were beyond dull. Just endless scenes of her in dance class bitching at Cassandra. Or making cow eyes at Brody.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/23/2013, 3:47 pm

@Buenos: But we are not talking a school presidency, a high school play lead or even a college acceptance. We are talking a lead role on Broadway, after we have witnessed an entirely ridiculous audition period. No, I don't want Rachel to lose everything, but this win is just too big and too constructed in order to let the audience know what a special star Rachel is.

ETA: Totally agreed, the executions is the main problem and will be the failure of this SL.

@Heather: No worries neutre

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 9/23/2013, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next