Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Georgette888 9/16/2013, 4:46 pm

Yeah, I like the full version much, much better. Most of it is much softer than Lea is usually and much simpler than the snippet.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  ColdFlame96 9/16/2013, 4:56 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, I like the full version much, much better. Most of it is much softer than Lea is usually and much simpler than the snippet.
Yeah, it's nice to hear her doing something besides park and bark Streisand songs. She sounds very sweet.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/16/2013, 5:03 pm

Why have they played so much with all these "little" decorations? To hide the singing? Beatles is best with simple style, practically a mono sound.

I'm so confused about Get Back...It sounds like a 80's TV show tune!? I'm terrified I'll be confused even with the full version.

But in general listening to all these my first face was pretty much with everyone on WTH mode.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2013, 6:24 pm

The preview of 'Yesterday' did it no justice, as I agree that the full version is better, although not great imo. I can hear a little of Lea's feelings (and for that I say "kudos" because this must have been very hard for her to sing), when I normally can't hear any real emotions in her songs.
But still I don't like the song. It's just too much improv and 'frills' for a simple, right-to-the-core song like 'Yesterday'. A strong song like that doesn't need any adornment. And this is on top of the usual Rachel breathing and 'scooping' dramatics. No, it's a good attempt, but too overdone for my taste. 'Barbra-fied' indeed.

The vocals snipbit of 'Let It Be' sound lovely. As usual Kevin brings it, and Becca is a really good singer too. And if it's indeed Jenna on the chorus she gets praise as well. I agree that an a capella arrangement a la 'How Will I Know' would have been much better fitting to the song, as the backup vocals irritate me.
This is the song I look forward to the most, I just hope they don't overdo it too much in the arrangement.

'Hey Jude' is another fail for me. It's not as bad as some of the other Blaine songs (and really: they put him in all the previews of the songs he is in, WTF!?!?!) but it's still not good.
The reason why I didn't comment the last few hours was because I was working (giving singing lessons), and so I listened to 'Hey Jude' with my vocal coach ears still in full 'on'-mode right afterwards. And what I noticed immediately in this preview is that Darren loses the energy at the end of every freaking line, something I don't tolerate from my students. His tone/tension nose-dives in every last note at the end of a melody phrase, because he just can't keep the energy and the attention span/arche up throughout the song.
"Hey Jude, don't let me down" - *Darren let's go of the energy so there's no connection/tension bridge to the next line* - "You have found her now go and get her" - *the song nosedives and crashes to the ground  because the melody already goes downwards and Darren letting go of the tension/attention causes even a greater fall of energy because of that*, etc.
And on "So let it out and let it in" he doesn't keep up and support the natural arch of the melody but lets it collapse on "...out"  and slide even further down on "...and let it in". And don't get me started on the lack of vibrato that really is audible in this ballad type of song. Evil or Very Mad 
As I said: normally I don't listen that critically to the Glee songs unless I am making a review (so I don't go crazy because of the mediocrity of it all), but because I listened to this right after work the usual flaws of Darren's singing were amplified and it just irked me.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/16/2013, 6:32 pm

i only listened to kurt pieces and i almost cannot hear him, so i didn't bother to listen. i have real beatle songs and I really don't care about glee's kareoke versions. i am sick of all these voices. glee was fresh years ago, but now i can't stand it anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/16/2013, 6:50 pm

The full version of Yesterday is definitely better as a whole than just the little snippet released earlier. It is really quite lovely, and even a bit haunting knowing what leads to the emotion behind it. I love the orchestration. I'm not really into the improv parts from the preview, but overall, I think Lea did a fine job on the job in the circumstances. It's not the best song she's ever recorded, but it is very pretty.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 7:10 pm

This is a variation of an earlier spoiler:

IT’S TINA’S TIME TO SHINE ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, ON FOX

As Beatlemania continues at McKinley, it’s time for the students to vote for prom queen and king. When Tina receives a nomination, she takes on a fierce attitude that alienates her biggest supporters. Meanwhile, Rachel adjusts to a new attitude of her own, as she and Santana work at a Broadway diner to make ends meet in the all-new “Tina in the Sky with Diamonds” episode of GLEE airing Thursday, Oct. 3 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-502) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz Washington; Erinn Westbrook as Bree; Pamela Chan as Dottie; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Ryan Heike as Stoner Brett; Phoebe Strole as Penny Owen.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 7:25 pm

I am glad Dottie will be back.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/16/2013, 7:26 pm

good for hummel father and son scene. bleh for pretty much everything else (ok i didn't even bother to read the whole thing because I am too lazy.)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 7:34 pm

When Tina receives a nomination, she takes on a fierce attitude that alienates her biggest supporters.
They've made Tina into such a toothless bitch.  Without a doubt she'll learn her moral lesson and recede back into the back wall after her "fierceness" gets out of hand.  The writers really have nothing but contempt for the character.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 9/16/2013, 8:19 pm

fantastica wrote:good for hummel father and son scene.  bleh for pretty much everything else (ok i didn't even bother to read the whole thing because I am too lazy.)
Probably Burt telling Kurt he should marry Blaine because they're totes soulmates.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/16/2013, 8:29 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
fantastica wrote:good for hummel father and son scene.  bleh for pretty much everything else (ok i didn't even bother to read the whole thing because I am too lazy.)
Probably Burt telling Kurt he should marry Blaine because they're totes soulmates.
If true, Burt will no longer be one of my favorite TV fathers all time. He will end up being one of my least favorites.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 8:32 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
If true, Burt will no longer be one of my favorite TV fathers all time. He will end up being one  of my least favorites.
I doubt they will make Burt have a 180 and suddenly espouse for them to get married.

There's a twist there we don't know yet, to me it's obvious Glee is trolling and trolling with this wedding proposal SL.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/16/2013, 8:36 pm

Buenos wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
If true, Burt will no longer be one of my favorite TV fathers all time. He will end up being one  of my least favorites.
I doubt they will make Burt have a 180 and  suddenly espouse for them to get married.

There's a twist there we don't know yet, to me it's obvious Glee is trolling and trolling with this wedding proposal SL.
I hope you are right. but they did at least in my opinion make Tina do a 180 and basically became a Blaine can do no wrong stan and turned on Kurt.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 8:44 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
I doubt they will make Burt have a 180 and  suddenly espouse for them to get married.

I hope you are right. but they did at least in my opinion make Tina do a 180 and  basically became a Blaine can do no wrong stan and turned on Kurt.
Yes, but nothing against  Tina but the character was never more than cardboard supporting prop  in  storylines anyways.  She's the very bottom of importance in Glee ND characters with speaking roles , bar none.  Tina was always a joke to begin with and  treated as one even more now.  Poor Tina, Jenna is such a nice singer and yet the character is just a steaming pile of pathetic mess.

The title says it's Tina's "time to shine" so I'm betting they cut out her planned "Revolution" number, so much for giving Tina the limelight. Rolling Eyes
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/16/2013, 9:57 pm

So far, my favorite snippet has been Let It be. That song was meant to be for Kevin, and it didn't disappointed me.

As regards the Hummelberry duet, by one side there's potential, but by other side they don't sound as good as in their previous duets. I even thought I was listening to Demi instead of Lea lol I don't know why.

Overall I prefer to expect the full songs to be released, because most of them are sounding bland until now. IMO
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 3:01 am

Jane Lynch on Season 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-n7HKIh_U

Among the tidbits..

She is only temporary Principal

Sue  now wants Cheerios to be winners again and Glee to win another Nationals in order to ensure becoming permanent Principal (ie YE Season 3 again)Rolling Eyes 

Hence she is for now an "ally" of New Directions helping Will  for selfish reasons and will try to yield power over ND...

She has nothing to do with Kurt/Blaine and their storyline

Admits she doesn't work full time on Glee...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/17/2013, 3:23 am

The entire version of Yesterday sounds better, Lea still has a great voice, but that song is and should be simplicity. All the musical arrangement and harmonies are just too much. I am sorry that she had to sing it after Cory's death, but they could have given her a different song if it was too hard for her to handle. Also, once again, the songs screams: feel for me! I am emotional! Look, I am suffering! However, it is all bells and whistles once again.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/17/2013, 5:02 am

Even if I know Yesterday has nothing to do with Finn I cried during all that song, the situation is just so sad and singing those lyrics just shortly after your love died had to be hard...Especialyl with those changed lyrics to why HE had to go...

I did not like the preview but I think the whole song sounds nice.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/17/2013, 5:18 am

To me the 30 second snips were a qualified tease because that may not be enough to give a definitive look at any song.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/17/2013, 5:19 am

I feel that weirdly they maybe often chose the worst 30 seconds of those songs.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/17/2013, 8:00 am

^Yes. If the snipbit we got from GTGYIML, of which we already know the full version, plus 'Yesterday' are an indication of how 'misdirected' those previews can be..... (really: featuring Blaine in all the songs he participates in: I still can't get over that, smh)..... the full versions might be different from what we imagine them now to be. And that better be the case, because the previews were awful. Evil or Very Mad 

Buenos wrote:Jane Lynch on Season 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-n7HKIh_U

Among the tidbits..

She is only temporary Principal

Sue  now wants Cheerios to be winners again and Glee to win another Nationals in order to ensure becoming permanent Principal  (ie  YE Season 3 again)Rolling Eyes 

Hence she is for now an "ally" of New Directions helping Will  for selfish reasons and will try to yield power over ND...

She has nothing to do with Kurt/Blaine and their storyline

Admits she doesn't work full time on Glee...
Here we go again: lather, rinse, repeat. Rolling Eyes
Deja vu to the nth degree, bah. It's season 3 all over again. dryy 

But of course the new ND with Blaine on lead simply have to win Nationals now, as Sue as principal is a power with which they cannot lose. vomir
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/17/2013, 9:53 am

Just talked to a friend of mine. She doesn't watch, care nor is interested in Glee. Nada, zilch, zero! At all. Even she knows and read about the disaster of released songs. She started the conversation about the Beatles songs and asked for my opinion. Just as an information, this will hurt Glee for the long run.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/17/2013, 10:22 am

I can't belive this Mad Blaine stans can't just be happy with the numerous songs he has in the next episodes and stop asking for more. They just got six new songs not even 24 hours ago and there already is a discussion why Katy Perry's "Roar" would be perfect for Blaine to sing. Whys? Why would it be perfect for him? Can you give me one reason why this song will be suitable for his storyline besides "He sang Teenage dream and it sold well"?

Last edited by sheny on 9/17/2013, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/17/2013, 10:44 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The entire version of Yesterday sounds better, Lea still has a great voice, but that song is and should be simplicity. All the musical arrangement and harmonies are just too much. I am sorry that she had to sing it after Cory's death, but they could have given her a different song if it was too hard for her to handle. Also, once again, the songs screams: feel for me! I am emotional! Look, I am suffering! However, it is all bells and whistles once again.

I totally agree. The full song is infinately better than the snippet, but it's still overdone. This is not a song that warrents Lea's Broadway style of singing and she needed to dial it back a lot more to keep from running roughshod over the melody. It's not an awful rendition, but it's very overdone and pales when I compare it to Chris's rendition of IWTHYH, or even Blackbird.

It's not totally Lea's fault. This is her style of singing and it's not easy for her to break the habits that have been trained into her for so long. But to pick such a gentle and spare number and give it to one of the most "showy" singers in the cast was a major miscalculation on the writers part.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next