Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 2:38 am

ladydianab wrote:Okay, please don't hurt me but..I really thought that Lea and Chris sounded awful on "Get Back". It just did not sound right to me so I asked my son to listen to it thinking that since he is playing in the school band (Tuba/Sousaphone) maybe he could tell me why it might be off. He was no help. He said it was pretty bad but could not tell my why. I had another friend listen to it. This time a big Beatles fan. He said it was pretty bad but doesn't know the specific reason why. I love Chris and he was so good with GTGYIML. In that song I felt he did an excellent job at singing in a lower voice/range. It was painful to listen to Get Back.
I think no one will argue it is not Chris greatest song. They sound strange, I agree. Even though I have to say I put more blame on Lea. Not because I am biased, but because her voice really is not suited for the song. Her "tralalalla" sounds atrocious. But Chris also was missing some strength and depth, he usually has while singing. I don't know what they did wrong blinkk Overall, I must say all of them don't really sound good with the Beatles. All of them.

Conclusion, it was the wrong song choice and it is a shame that they got this one.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  arina 9/19/2013, 3:21 am

Everyone has different hearing and different taste so I truly don't see anything bad with not liking that song but even if someone thought it's Chris's best song he has the right to think that.

Me for example, I don't even like much the original, I think Chris sounds fine (not extraordinary but definitely not bad) on his solo parts, I don't like much how they sound together on the chorus, but I like them in the end when they repeat the "Get back" after each other.

Funnily I kinda like Lea's riffs it makes the song more enjoyble to me. Laughing

(overall I am probably not very hard to please and maybe also because I am not that familiar with the originals of those songs I am not that horrified by the Glee cast singing Beatles... I am not talking about the arranges etc because they are not responsbile for them but vocally I think many of them did good or decent job. I know they did not bring much new to the table and are often copies of the originals but with the little time they probably have for preparing I don't think they have much chances. I probably did not expect much.)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/19/2013, 4:22 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Tumblr_mtd2244HLf1qg49w0o2_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Tumblr_mtd2244HLf1qg49w0o1_r1_500

[UHQ] “Love, Love, Love,” scene 41

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 4:28 am

^ I really, really hate both their outfits. They look like clowns saispa 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/19/2013, 4:52 am

I like Kurt's jacket with the violet shirt, the rest is horible.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 4:56 am

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/19/2013, 5:26 am

Buenos wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkAkz0RhWRQ

Another promo 5.01
Too much Blam and McKinley for my taste. Maybe Glee should use the NYC cast and Demi instead of the people who caused the decline in the ratings last season if they really want someone to watch the new episodes

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 5:30 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Tumblr_mtd266bdr21r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/19/2013, 5:58 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I really, really hate both their outfits. They look like clowns saispa 
Admittedly, I like Chris's outfit even though it's hardly my favorite outfit ever. But it suits the episode theme and the song (from the Beatles psychedelic period where colors were pretty eye screamingly bright). Chris looks mature and elegant and while I love it when he's dressed more casually or in darker colors (how he is absolutely luminous in black), I like the outfit.

Darren on the other hand... what is it with him always wearing mustard yellow? I'm not a huge fan of wearing yellow (since with my complexion it makes me look really sallow) and with Darren's complexion it brings out the green in his skin. My guess is that they're dressing Darren in yellow to make him stand out from the other performers in the number.

*grumps* I'm not at all looking forward to this number. While it's nice to have Kurt serenaded and having a big show about how much he means to someone (and if there's anyone who deserves that, it's Kurt) but to have it come right on the heels of an improbable and way out of left field reconciliation it makes it too much of a not good thing. Blaine should just be thanking his lucky stars that Kurt is willing to consider dating him again (and I'm hoping that Kurt keeps it causal since Blaine still has a lot of trust building to do and they're still doing the long distance thing), not doing this OTT display that makes himself look like Mr. Wonderful and make like Kurt is so lucky that Blaine is going through so much trouble. *gags*
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 6:14 am

^ Actually i really like mustard yellow, even though I cannot wear it either with my pale skin. But I really love Chris actually with mustard yellow trousers.

I find both outfits over-the-top. Especially Kurt looks like they just didn't know where to stop. The shoes and socks really are killing the outfit all together. I like the shirt/jacket combinations but would have preferred a simple black jeans and normal shoes.

Blaine looks better without the jacket because it is just too much yellow. Still, not my favorite outfit of his, but I can let it give a pass. he wore worse.

I loved Kurt's style so much in S4. Why did they have to go back to S3 territory, where is also had some very questionable outfits?! saispa crycry 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/19/2013, 9:34 am

The problem is that without the jacket, Blaine looks like a kid playing dress-up compaired to Kurt's more mature look. It doesn't help that they can't stop geling his hair down to the point that it's so hard that you should shoot him point blank and the bullet would riccochet off. Even with the rather garish colors, Kurt looks elegant and mature. Having Blaine looking too schoolboyish just makes the clash of where they both are in life too apparent, which makes convincing the audience their reconciling at this point is a good idea.

But seriously... Too. Much. Yellow.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 9:43 am

^ Lol, as I said, they both look like clowns to me. But the yellow is also hurting my eyes Razz . I really hate both outfits. But I really like all other outfits we have seen so far on Kurt for S5 blushh .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/19/2013, 10:31 am

That yellow is hideous.  I don't know why they insist on dressing Blaine so dreadfully.  At least his pants are full length for once. The bright colors work for Kurt/Chris, but they don't work for Blaine/Darren.  I have never liked the style that they chose for Blaine since they took him out of the warblers uniform--despite the fact that he is out and proud, Blaine was also very into blending in and not standing out (except on stage).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/19/2013, 10:49 am

There's a fine line between hipster and Jewish grandfather in Florida waiting for the early bird special and Blaine's costumes crossed that line a long time ago. I don't find this look at all appealing. At least at Dalton, his hair was allowed to breathe a little bit so you saw a bit of curl (which was rather cute). Now his hair is a helmet. The clothes are not at all appealing to me - there is nothing about his look that screams sexy mofo.

Kurt's costumes have ranged everywhere from incredibly sexy to "Dear lord, what were you thinking?", but for the most part they created a very appealing look to me. I especially like his dressed down outfits, and the fact that even when he's dressing to impress, the outfits are less costumy and more what a very stylish, fashion foward young man would wear.

I just keep looking that those pictures for AYNIL and keep thinking out of out Blaine's league Kurt is.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/19/2013, 11:02 am

I think Blaine's style is actually a very strong indicator who little RIB bothered to give him a backstory, personality and continuity. His style was totally fine in S2 and his proper, posh look actually suited him very well. Considering he has rich parents, it also suited his background. But in S3 they totally created out-of-nowhere a new style just because he is gay and obviously needs a fashion-forward style. That is just rubbish and hurt his character. It also doesn't look good and Darren cannot pull those outfits off. Which is fine, as not everyone looks good in such clothes.

Kurt has many WTF-outfits, especially in S3, but I actually find that realistic. He has a very unique style and is open for experimentation. Obviously with a limited budget and resources, not all outfits will be a success. Contrary to Blaine, I find Kurt's development very realistic and organic. I loved his S4 style as I thought he really found a great balance between maturity, uniqueness and sophistication. I also thought he toned a down a little bit, as I consider his Lima outfits a bit of an armor, which he didn't need in NYC anymore. Overall. Kurt's outfits are always a highlight. But I still think he looks like a clown in the picture above tonguue 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 11:12 am

I like Kurt's outfit , in particularly because it's not a "suit".  The coat is richly detailed with  that gorgeous monochrome paisley type design (bad phrasing I know) but is matched with pants that are solid without the design.  
Look at the detailing of the coat again:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Tumblr_msogckQeqy1rab3tyo1_500

The problem are  the blue shoes, too matchy matchy and it bumps the overall effect to costumey, replace them with some nice tan shoes and Kurt could step out to any club and look stylish.

I have no idea why the show insists in putting Blaine in that lacquered gel hair, bright yellow matching suit, short sleeved shirt , yellow bow tie, sweater vest  AND white shoes .  It's a parody of the prep look that  is neither cutting edge and resembles more of  a carnival barker .      I've noticed for this yearthey've regressed to putting Blaine back in bowties with short sleeved shirts, polos or even collarless shirts.  Why?  Whatever happened to the boy who in "Prom Queen" was stylish but discrete.  I loved Blaine's few non Warbler outfits in S2 but like Lottie said, they tried to give him personality with a new look in S3 and it just doesn't work.  

My wildest guess is that AYNIL:"look"  is suppose to be some sort of cotton candy confection of a number, but it's too much.  The stills are downright embarrassing with the band, the Warblers and all the choir clubs in all those outfits.  Sometimes I wonder if RIB thinks that's a teenage girl's fantasy of being wooed , but it just looks so dated.

They still haven't learned that the best Kurt/Blaine scenes are stuff like "Baby it's cold outside" or  the "Roxy Music/bedroom scene of TFT" where it's the personal connection flirting/eye contact that makes the scene, without needing all the bells and whistles.

It's amazing how few simple romantic songs they get to  sing to each other unadorned.  Come to think of it, they never have.

ETA: I wonder if they wanted Kurt and Blaine to wear a variation of the primary colors they wore in GTGYIML , ie Kurt's purple shirt and Blaine white and yellow one.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/19/2013, 12:07 pm

I have numerous problems with AYNIL. The idea of the boys getting back together first and foremost given that Blaine has done nothing to earn it and it's going against all of Kurt's limited narrative in the back end of last season. The proposal at this point given that they're just starting to renew their realtionship. But what irriates me most, and what I have seen being a continued problem in how Kurt and Blaine's relationship is handled, is the almost total lack of real emotional intimacy. This is supposed to be a display of how much Blaine is supposed to love Kurt (though I think Kurt would appreciate Blaine not cheating on him first on the list), and it's a bombastic display with numerous choirs and musicians and confetti being thrown. This is Blaine's way of going "I love you! Aren't you so lucky to have me, Mr. Wonderful!" It reminds me far too much of when Blaine sang "It's Time" when he sent Kurt off to New York and it became more about him (since the song was all about how the singer wasn't going to change) than it was about Blaine's feelings for Kurt.

Bah... this whole thing is putting me in a bad mood.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/19/2013, 12:09 pm

Plot twist: Kurt agrees to try dating Blaine again. Blaine gets too excited and proposes, too. Kurt realizes that Blaine is off his rocker and dumps him permanently.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 9/19/2013, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/19/2013, 12:16 pm

^Oh yes, please. Twisted Evil 

Kurt's blue coat is fabulous, and I wish I could wear it like Chris can. The pants and purple shirt are okay too, but they really should have stopped at the socks and shoes. With more subdued/invisible socks and plain shoes that outfit would have been great.

I hate the yellow on Blaine: it's so bright it hurt my eyes. And I can't with the bowties anymore. Who wears that stuff to school these days? (and does not get slushied or beaten up on a regular basis)
The gel helmet is so gross, I can't believe Kurt being into that. I mean: I actually cannot believe that canon Kurt would like that. Ewwww, imagine having to touch that or brush up against while hugging or kissing. Mad 

For me the worst part of this stupid carnivalesk proposal is still Burt, Santana and Rachel apparently being all for it, the girls even congratulating Kurt. Bah.
Unless AYNIL actually is not meant to be a proposal but some other celebration for Kurt I fear that the betrayal of these 3 people that Kurt is supposed to be closest to will be the final blow for me to stop taking Glee's canon for truth anymore.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/19/2013, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/19/2013, 12:18 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Plot twist: Kurt agrees to try dating Blaine again. Blaine gets too excited and proposes too. Kurt realizes that Blaine is off his rocker and dumps him permanently.
If I wrote for Glee this is what would happen.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/19/2013, 12:22 pm

i actually like that mustard yellow. i just think that putting blaine in this outfit is inapproriate. you see everybody knows kurt is the fashionista. so if he wears over the top clothing it's totally within his character. but who the hell is blaine? he's a mish-mash of everything and it's just not working. after 3 yrs i still don't know who he is and all he does to me is annoying hte hell out of me.

visually the bright colors do work as elements of composition, but storywise it's grating.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/19/2013, 12:24 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Plot twist: Kurt agrees to try dating Blaine again. Blaine gets too excited and proposes too. Kurt realizes that Blaine is off his rocker and dumps him permanently.
From your fingers to the Glee writer's room except for the fact that Kurt has been pictured with that damn ring on his finger.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/19/2013, 12:38 pm

I know. At this point I am seriously not planning to watch any more Glee episodes.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 12:39 pm

Glorfindel wrote:For me the worst part of this stupid carnivalesk proposal is still Burt, Santana and Rachel apparently being all for it, .
Glorfindel, I just don't believe that is what is happening. I may be wrong in 8 days but I'm skipping record in repeating that there is a twist. Believe me, I will bitch if you are right, but I'm stubbornly holding out that that is not what happens.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/19/2013, 12:40 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 25 Tumblr_mtdkhdEPWJ1s57bimo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next