Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Stephanieeee 6/27/2013, 1:20 pm

And just FYI, I don't care about Darren or Blaine. I got bored of him when he got whiny and kept crying. Ryder is my baby now, I am a fickle beast.
So your cries of bias needn't be directed at me. I don't care if you think Blaine is a crybaby. I happen to agree.

Stephanieeee
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  opals 6/27/2013, 1:29 pm

And yes, a Blaine stan was once banned for bashing another user (a Finchel shipper) on Twitter. Anyone that breaks that rule is banned.

And yet, Blaine stans can bash other users on Glee Forum without consequence. That seems odd to me.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanieeee 6/27/2013, 1:36 pm

I was absent from GF for 6 months.

Haven't seen any reports of users bashing lately, and any that do have been warned (we warned a close friend of the mod team recently for picking on a member so not really biased there).

Stephanieeee
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/27/2013, 2:38 pm

I don't post at GF. I made an account ages ago to post on one occasion for a reason and then that was it. So this is coming from an uninvested party. May I ask why you even have that rule? I mean, if you have it, you have it but it seems somewhat petty. I understand having a rule that if someone actually harasses another user elsewhere but just being critical of even the board itself?! Wth?! Surely a board can take a bit of crit, users can behave like adults and sort their own disputes out or ignore them and all the rule accomplishes is encouraging people to act like minions of McCarthy.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2013, 2:39 pm

hay old GFers who got banned - just sign up w/ a different name and email address and IP address (say, sign up from work rather than home)! problem solved! you can continue to go to GF and nobody know that YOU on this forum is that YOU on that forum.

forums are places where people state their opinions, and opinions can be pretty heated. no forum is 100% unbiased, as nobody is unbiased. we are here because we love this place and it suits us. I am not on GF anymore because I no longer like that place. for those who got banned there - no need to get mad if you can no longer go there, unless you MUST go there.

Last edited by fantastica on 6/27/2013, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanieeee 6/27/2013, 2:44 pm

Because if you're publicly bashing a forum we work hard to maintain (and don't get paid for), then you're not particularly welcome there. That's all.

As Jelly said, if you value your place there then just don't be nasty about it? I imagine most of you don't really care though if you hate it so much, so no worries.

Stephanieeee
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/27/2013, 3:57 pm

As I said, if you have the rule, you have the rule. No skin off my nose. I just can't imagine why anybody would want to encourage a culture of sneaking around reporting people that they don't like the opinions of. Which lbr is probably what happens. But it is what it is. I am not a massively hatey type but I do like to be able to make criticisms of a show that quite frankly is pretty badly written now and I only tolerate for Colfer and a few others so I don't have an interest in posting at GF because one has to be relentlessly positive and Pollyanna-ish there, it seems to me. But enjoy what you enjoy. Thanks for the reply
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanieeee 6/27/2013, 4:30 pm

Well we prefer Glee Forum to places like ONTD_glee where they're all ravenously hateful about everything and just mock the entire show (which is what GF would become without our rules). So if it's one or the other then I am proud to be Pollyanna!
Sounds like a forum about Chris is much more suited to your needs. So good you have one Smile

Stephanieeee
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/27/2013, 4:36 pm

I have been moderating message boards for about 10 years now, and I have to say that I understand the Glee Forum’s moderators position regarding their choice to ban posters who go on other message boards to complain about the Glee Forum. I’ll even say that one of the message boards I have previously moderated, the webmasters have also banned posters who used another forum to complain about the way that forum was run, or make fun of posters on that board. I won’t say whether I agree with this or not because I’ve never been in a position where I had to make that type of decision.

The reason why they are choosing to ban people is because the some of the same people who are posting on the Glee Forum are then coming here (or to twitter or tumblr) to complain about how the forum is run and the posters there. They are saying that people who openly criticize their board or how it is run on other message boards or in social media aren’t welcome to post anymore.

I think that the Glee Forum’s standpoint is not so much the critical comments or complaints that are at issue here. I suspect that the Glee Forum moderators understand that not everyone is going to like the way they run things there, just as I know that not everyone is going to like the way I run things on the CCFF. They know that people are going to complain about them.

I know that there has been criticism of the CCFF on the Glee Forum and Tumblr in the past. I have chosen to ignore it because after reviewing the posts in question when they were brought to my attention, I realized that the posts were from Blarren stans who were really just complaining about us criticizing Blarren. Thankfully, it wasn’t posters of our forum complaining about things here elsewhere.

As Stephanieeee said, the moderators put a lot of hard work into running the board, and it is well within their rights to set a rule stating that people who post on other forums or social media to complain or criticize the Glee Forum and their members.

Moderating can be a difficult, time consuming, and thankless job, especially on a board like the Glee Forum with thousands of members discussing a wide variety of topics. The moderators have to make decisions that they believe are in the best interest of the board as a whole, even if those decisions piss off some of the members, or causes some members to leave. The moderators ultimately have to do what they think will best keep peace on the board and make it a fun place for the posters to participate.

I will also say that it is the most active posters—not the moderators—who ultimately set the overall tone of the board. The most active posters ultimately set the atmosphere and lead the discussions of the board. Though it used to seem more diverse, it does seem like the Blarren stans set the tone of many areas of the Glee Forum.

We, as posters, have the right to make the choice if we want to participate on any message board. None of us are required to participate on any message board. We, as posters, are the ones who have to decide if we like the atmosphere on the board. If we don’t like the tone or the way the board is run, than it is up to us to choose not to participate anymore. If we aren’t willing to play by the rule of the board, or if we aren’t getting enjoyment from the board, it is us who has to make the decision to move on.

So again, if you want to remain a member on the Glee Forum, you might want to think twice before complaining about the board here (or on twitter or tumblr or any other public forum). I’m not going to say you can’t talk about the Glee Forum here because the posters here want to be able to speak freely without fear having posts deleted.

But please remember if you do choose to speak about the Glee Forum here, you need to understand that you may face consequences on the Glee Forum. That is their choice and their rule. It is an issue with their board, not the CCFF.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanieeee 6/27/2013, 4:47 pm

Thank you for that, Jellyrolls.
I know there are still posters here who are valuable members over on GF so we're not trying to vilify this forum or its posters in particular by doing this. It's simply that when it's brought to our attention that a rule is broken, we follow through with the policy we have in place.
Anyone that does like GF is welcome to post there, even if you continue to use this board when you want to be more critical than we allow. We actually encourage using other places to vent about the showwhen you can't do it within our rules.
Any other issues you may have can be taken up on Glee Forum, if you're a member, and we can discuss the issues properly. Like I said I didn't come here to argue, so hopefully you can appreciate my intention to simply come and explain, with Jellyrolls' help to make my point better than I did Smile

Stephanieeee
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly2 6/27/2013, 5:06 pm

Hello, I am also a moderator on Glee Forum. First off, thank you jellyrolls for that post. (Also I accidentally made 2 accounts because didn't realize the activation key went to my spam and thought I messed up so feel free to delete the second if you have rules about that.)

Like Stephanie I am not trying to cause trouble but I want to clear up the accusations that Glee Forum is "run by Blarren stans" out to protect all the Blaine/Darren stans while eliminating all the Kurt stans.

Might I point out to you that our moderating/admin team has more Kurt stans than Blaine stans on it? In fact, only one of us's favorite character is Blaine and she is perhaps our most level-headed mod and frequently intervenes in the Blaine/Darren section. So really, I find the notion that GF is run by Blarren stans pretty ridiculous. None of us have any reason whatsoever to protect ANY fan group on our forum and don't hesitate about taking action against the fans of our favorite characters (who again, are for all but 1 characters other than Blaine) when necessary and we all have done it.

I am also confused about the claims that x or y "received no warnings" for various things. We don't publicize warnings and there's no way for regular members to know when other receive one, so I'm not sure how you would know? And again, the notion that we don't warn Blaine stans is ridiculous since that actually just happened very recently.

Finally, with such a large forum, our action largely comes via response to reports. If you saw things taking place you thought were rule-breaking, you can report it. We don't see everything.

I am telling you genuinely this moderator bias towards protecting Blaine stans is non-existent, and frankly quite mind-boggling. We are doing our best and do our best every day to create a positive forum. There are plenty of places to hate on Glee out there and personally I like that GF is a bit of a safe haven, because some of us do still love this show. Contrary to popular belief, we do allow negativity (people are negative all the time and it's fine), just not outright bashing. If you don't like that, you don't have to read/post there.

Molly2
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/27/2013, 8:15 pm

Molly, I am not familiar enough with the Glee Forum anymore to know how many of the moderators are Blarren stans now, but I will say that when this board was created about 16 months ago it was a direct result of the frustrations of many of the posters on the Kurt threads were feeling as the result of Blarren stans coming in to the threads to look for any criticism of Blaine or Darren. Even the mildest constructive criticism of Blaine or Darren would lead to warnings from moderators on the threads, and/or deleted posts. While I'm sure that there were many times when we got out of hand and the warnings were warranted, I also believe that there were just as many times when we were scolded for what I would consider constructive criticism, or mild snark about Blaine or Darren that probably should have been overlooked.

But at that time, it seemed like there were Blarren stans policing our threads looking for any negative comments about Darren and Blaine, and going to the moderators to complain about it. I know it was a common consensus among many of us that there was one Blaine stan who, if memory serves me correctly was just a poster at the time that later became a moderator, that really seemed to be policing the Kurt threads for negativity. There were a few posters who were active on the Blaine and Darren threads who would appear on the list of names of people viewing the Kurt threads who were there looking for any negativity about Blaine or Darren--they weren't there to participate on the Kurt threads, they were there to police them. It seemed like only Blaine negativity lead to the warnings--we didn't have Rachel stans or any other stans coming to complain about us.

To many of us, it seemed the Blarren stans were being catered to by the moderators, and always getting their way when it came to squashing even the slightest negativity about Blaine or Darren. At the same time, there were occasions when we saw negativity about Kurt or Chris allowed to stay on Blaine or Darren threads. Now, I don't know if it was just the Blarren stans beng more vigilant about reporting than the Kurt fans, or if there was a true bias at that time, but we did perceive it as the Blarren stans being catered to.

Now again, I don't visit the Glee forum enough now to know if the Blarren stans still run the show there as either moderators or posters, but I do know from the posters here that most of the Kurt fans who were active on the board in season two and season three no longer post there because they grew tired of interference of Blarren stans on the board. Most of us left the Glee forum because of the Blarren stans.

Blarren stans are very protective of Blaine all over the internet. I think everyone here has taken hate from Blarren stans for posting our opinions about Blaine and Darren on twitter, tumblr, or in the comment sections on articles. And I'm not even talking about snarky mean stuff--I'm talking about making opinions about not liking Darren's voice or thinking he's a weak actor, which I consider to be opinions or constructive criticism. I even have a twitter stalker who specifically created an account just to tell Oliver that he shouldn't tweet me because I don't like Blaine each time he has tweeted me.

Now, Molly, one thing I will say to you is that rather than saying that the Blaine bias doesn't exist on the Glee Forum, you may want to consider taking a step back from the situation and ask why it is that some posters perceive that this bias exists. Again, I'm not active enough on the Glee Forum to know if it exists or not, but clearly some posters here believe that it does. Perhaps you could consider reaching out to some of the members here privately to find out why they perceive the board has a Blaine bias rather than just saying it doesn't exist at all. Sometimes when we put so much work into something, we fail to notice that others aren't happy with it. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being critical of the Glee Forum, because I'm not trying to be, and I respect the job that you do running the forum because I know it's not easy. I'm just thinking that if you had a better understanding of why some posters feel there is a bias it could turn into an opportunity to make the forum a place where more posters can feel more comfortable and welcomed posting there.

Now one thing I will say to the posters here is that Molly is correct when she says that we don't know who they have given warnings to or banned. There is a lot of discussion amongst moderators behind the scenes that the posters don't realize. When moderators do have to give a warning or ban people, we keep it within the moderating team because it would be inappropriate for us to discuss it with other posters. Just like you wouldn't expect me to go blabbing around to all the posters if I had to speak to one of you.

Also, Molly gives good advice about reporting posts. It is impossible for moderators to read every single post. We rely on the posters to report posts and alert us to problems. So, if you see something that you think is inappropriate on this board, the Glee Forum, or any other message board, hit the report post button, and alert the moderators to the problem so that they can deal with it.

The Glee Forum was my home to discuss Glee for about a year. It was a place where I enjoyed discussing Glee, and making friends, many of whom joined me on this forum. When I left the forum, it was the direct result of the policing by the Blarren stans. It was a sad day when I decided to leave a forum because it was no longer fun after it had been a place that I looked forward to visiting and interacting with the wonderful people on the Kurt threads.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 6/27/2013, 8:43 pm

Thank you Karen for taking the time to inform and explain. It is much appreciated, as is the work you do for this forum.

Thanks.

Wow, posting is more fun than just lurking.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/27/2013, 8:44 pm

kac wrote:Wow, posting is more fun than just lurking.

I think I told you that once before, kac Wink Keep on chiming in. We love to hear what you said.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/27/2013, 8:45 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Molly, I am not familiar enough with the Glee Forum anymore to know how many of the moderators are Blarren stans now, but I will say that when this board was created about 16 months ago it was a direct result of the frustrations of many of the posters on the Kurt threads were feeling as the result of Blarren stans coming in to the threads to look for any criticism of Blaine or Darren. Even the mildest constructive criticism of Blaine or Darren would lead to warnings from moderators on the threads, and/or deleted posts.  While I'm sure that there were many times when we got out of hand and the warnings were warranted, I also believe that there were just as many times when we were scolded for what I would consider constructive criticism, or mild snark about Blaine or Darren that probably should have been overlooked.

But at that time, it seemed like there were Blarren stans policing our threads looking for any negative comments about Darren and Blaine, and going to the moderators to complain about it.  I know it was a common consensus among many of us that there was one Blaine stan who, if memory serves me correctly was just a poster at the time that later became a moderator, that really seemed to be policing the Kurt threads for negativity.  There were a few posters who were active on the Blaine and Darren threads who would appear on the list of names of people viewing the Kurt threads who were there looking for any negativity about Blaine or Darren--they weren't there to participate on the Kurt threads, they were there to police them.  It seemed like only Blaine negativity lead to the warnings--we didn't have Rachel stans or any other stans coming to complain about us.

To many of us, it seemed the Blarren stans were being catered to by the moderators, and always getting their way when it came to squashing even the slightest negativity about Blaine or Darren.  At the same time, there were occasions when we saw negativity about Kurt or Chris allowed to stay on Blaine or Darren threads.  Now, I don't know if it was just the Blarren stans beng more vigilant about reporting than the Kurt fans, or if there was a true bias at that time, but we did perceive it as the Blarren stans being catered to.

Now again, I don't visit the Glee forum enough now to know if the Blarren stans still run the show there as either moderators or posters, but I do know from the posters here that most of the Kurt fans who were active on the board in season two and season three no longer post there because they grew tired of interference of Blarren stans on the board. Most of us left the Glee forum because of the Blarren stans.

Blarren stans are very protective of Blaine all over the internet.  I think everyone here has taken hate from Blarren stans for posting our opinions about Blaine and Darren on twitter, tumblr, or in the comment sections on articles.  And I'm not even talking about snarky mean stuff--I'm talking about making opinions about not liking Darren's voice or thinking he's a weak actor, which I consider to be opinions or constructive criticism.  I even have a twitter stalker who specifically created an account just to tell Oliver that he shouldn't tweet me because I don't like Blaine each time he has tweeted me.

Now, Molly, one thing I will say to you is that rather than saying that the Blaine bias doesn't exist on the Glee Forum, you may want to consider taking a step back from the situation and ask why it is that some posters perceive that this bias exists. Again, I'm not active enough on the Glee Forum to know if it exists or not, but clearly some posters here believe that it does.  Perhaps you could consider reaching out to some of the members here privately to find out why they perceive the board has a Blaine bias rather than just saying it doesn't exist at all.  Sometimes when we put so much work into something, we fail to notice that others aren't happy with it. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being critical of the Glee Forum, because I'm not trying to be, and I respect the job that you do running the forum because I know it's not easy.  I'm just thinking that if you had a better understanding of why some posters feel there is a bias it could turn into an opportunity to make the forum a place where more posters can feel more comfortable and welcomed posting there.

Now one thing I will say to the posters here is that Molly is correct when she says that we don't know who they have given warnings to or banned.  There is a lot of discussion amongst moderators behind the scenes that the posters don't realize.  When moderators do have to give a warning or ban people, we keep it within the moderating team because it would be inappropriate for us to discuss it with other posters.  Just like you wouldn't expect me to go blabbing around to all the posters if I had to speak to one of you.

Also, Molly gives good advice about reporting posts.  It is impossible for moderators to read every single post.  We rely on the posters to report posts and alert us to problems.  So, if you see something that you think is inappropriate on this board, the Glee Forum, or any other message board, hit the report post button, and alert the moderators to the problem so that they can deal with it.

The Glee Forum was my home to discuss Glee for about a year.  It was a place where I enjoyed discussing Glee, and making friends, many of whom joined me on this forum.  When I left the forum, it was the direct result of the policing by the Blarren stans.  It was a sad day when I decided to leave a forum because it was no longer fun after it had been a place that I looked forward to visiting and interacting with the wonderful people on the Kurt threads.

Wonderful post. I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 8:54 pm

Stephanieeee wrote:And just FYI, I don't care about Darren or Blaine. I got bored of him when he got whiny and kept crying. Ryder is my baby now, I am a fickle beast.
So your cries of bias needn't be directed at me. I don't care if you think Blaine is a crybaby. I happen to agree.

I actually like Ryder. Blake is a wonderful actor. Smile

It is just the writing for him is so bad and ridiculous except for the dyslexia storyline, but I couldn't watch that episode because too much Blaine worship, and too much Blam. :angry:

I wouldn't mind seeing Ryder join the New York side or Kitty for that matter.

Just less Blaine would suit me. Let him be a prop for someone, as others have been for him.

And come here when you want. Smile

I remember the first time I was banned from GF I called out a mod for bullying another fan.

This mod was not removed until months later and I got immediately banned. dryy

Maybe I should have reported him, but I didn't know if I would be ignored or my complaint dismissed, so I didn't.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/27/2013, 9:02 pm

I would be happy if for once Blaine loses something anything. Like not getting into NYDA. I am sick of him always winning and want him to lose at least once before Glee ends or Darren leaves the show, if he leaves before Glee ends.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 9:19 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote: I would be happy if for once Blaine loses something  anything. Like not getting into  NYDA.  I am sick of  him always winning  and  want him to lose at least once before  Glee ends or Darren  leaves the show, if he leaves before Glee ends.

I completely agree. Smile

And maybe I will think about rejoining the GF, just because there are some lovely mods that come into the KHAT and the new people and the others that are already there.

I don't post much and only stay in the Kurt/Chris threads.

I won't even mention GF unless it is in a positive way here. I did notice that things were slowly changing there and that is why I visited it every day.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/27/2013, 9:26 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote: I would be happy if for once Blaine loses something  anything. Like not getting into  NYDA.  I am sick of  him always winning  and  want him to lose at least once before  Glee ends or Darren  leaves the show, if he leaves before Glee ends.

I completely agree. Smile

And maybe I will think about rejoining the GF, just because there are some lovely mods that come into the KHAT and the new people and the others that are already there.

I don't post much and only stay in the Kurt/Chris threads.

I won't even mention GF unless it is in a positive way here. I did notice that things were slowly changing there and that is why I visited it every day.

Thank you. I might start going there again, If I do I will only read/post in the Kurt/Chris threads.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly2 6/27/2013, 9:33 pm

16 months ago the only threads I read on Glee Forum were the Spoiler Discussion Thread and occasionally some General Glee stuff, so I really cannot comment on that. I never went into character or most sections. I'm very sorry you had that experience then, but really I am speaking directly about the current state of the forum, or say, the state of the forum in Season 4. Because it was directly implied that the forum is worse now and that it's a result of this Blaine/Darren mod protection thing.

I do believe I can affirmatively say there is no Darren/Blaine stan bias amongst the moderators because since I am a moderator I am extremely close with the entire team and have access to all reports and discussions. And I am being completely honest when I tell you we have exactly one mod who's favorite character is Blaine, and more Kurt stans on the team. Mod character (and shipper) preferences are posted on the forum for anyone to see. So when I see people saying Glee Forum is "run by Blaine/Darren stans" and that everyone knows it, it's irritating. We handle things regarding Blaine/Darren stans all the time. Their section has needed special moderation. Blaine/Darren stans get warned just like anyone else. I can see all of this. I know all of this.  I can't discuss things that have happened with active members but all I will say is that we "protect" Kurt/Chris fans and have done so recently. I put protect in quotations because it is not protecting -- it is keeping the rules. If we see bashing towards ANY characters we delete. If it's still there it's because either A) we did not see it and no one reported it or B) the mod team discussed it and decided the report wasn't actually bashing. And we rarely have disagreements on that stuff.

I can also tell you that the moderating team looks quite different from 16 months ago. 5 out of the 9 of us were not mods then. And personally I think our three administrators are all extremely fair, honest people and great at recognizing if a moderator has a bias with a certain issue and letting others handle it. I realize that's just my word but this is fact: any report that comes in gets discussed by at least three mods/admins before action (or no action if it's deemed that way) is taken.

Now I realize that there is quite an abundance of Blaine/Darren stans on GF. Anyone who spends a little time there can see that. The DCBA section is probably the most active character subforum. So yes, on polls Blaine tends to do well. That is not moderating bias. If you feel the forum in general has a bias because of that, I mean, if you don't like that, you don't have to visit it. I tend to feel in terms of opinions the forum is more slanted towards McKinley in general, yes. Yet we still have plenty of NY stans. And while we have a lot of Blaine/Darren stans we have tons of other character fans too, it's not like Blaine wins every poll (Being Alive just won for Best S4 solo in the forum-wide poll, actually). If you or anyone does not prefer a forum where there are many members who like McKinley that's fine. You don't have to read it. But that is separate to moderation or moderation bias. And GF is actually quite diverse.

In terms of stepping back and wondering why people have this perceived bias, considering many admitted they don't really visit GF anymore (or just stay in KH threads) I honestly question how much of this is based on how the forum is now or still going off of how it was then and assuming it is worse now. If anyone has ever had a problem recently on GF or thought something should've been deleted that wasn't, then they should have reported it or PM'd a mod. I'm always happy to talk to anyone who has any questions or concerns. Since we have not received those concerns or reports from anyone I'm aware of on here in the last few months, I'm really not sure what you want us to do. I don't have the time or energy to read other Glee boards every day searching for people who are unhappy with GF and asking them why. We hate to see people leave our forum but for an unpaid job we're not going to chase if you're not going to express those concerns. If you did 16 months ago and were unsatisfied, that was quite a while ago and this is a different time.

Going off that, anyone here who wants to PM me on here or GF (My username is Melissa Benoist) about this and discuss this further has an open invitation to and I promise you I will hear you out. Like Stephanie said, we're not looking to villify anyone. We have rules in place that we follow. Included in that is rules against bashing or excessive negativity. Glee Forum aims to be a generally positive place and plenty of members of all types of characters thank us for that and for giving them that place to escape the hate of Twitter/Tumblr. Again, like Stephanie said, we don't care if you bash the show all you want here or on tumblr or wherever. But we do ask that our members respect the forum and its members and when posting on GF abide by our rules. And to come to us (through report or PM) when there's a problem.

Molly2
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 6/27/2013, 10:06 pm

I am also confused about the claims that x or y "received no warnings" for various things. We don't publicize warnings and there's no way for regular members to know when other receive one, so I'm not sure how you would know? And again, the notion that we don't warn Blaine stans is ridiculous since that actually just happened very recently.

I'll address this, since I brought it up. You may not publicize warnings, but I'm pretty sure it's policy to edit/delete offensive comments, so it's not exactly difficult to tell.

To be fair, I never reported the person. However, a mod was actively posting in that thread at the time. The comment was never edited/removed.  I have a hard time believing that it wasn't seen by at least 1 mod, but maybe they didn't read every post. I'll try to give the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, I'm a big girl. Some Darren stan getting her panties in a twist, because I dared to suggest he wasn't exactly the youngest looking member of the cast isn't going to bother me all that much. If it did, I would have reported it. I can tolerate some internet troll telling me  I'm "ridiculous" and to "get my eyes checked".

What did bother me was getting a warning a few days later for saying something stupid like "I may just throw something if Sue starts worshipping Blaine, too." in response to the Sue going after Blaine for the Cheerios storyline. That was "borderline bashing" and my comment was edited. (Yes, when I received the warning the mod even said it more "borderline" than actual bashing.) That screamed double standard to me.

But since we apparently have spies here, just waiting for the opportunity to report us, I'm sure my comment got reported by multiple Blaine minions salivating at the thought of silencing anyone who dare be critical. (Why else would they bother to spy here, of all places?)

I'm more comfortable posting here now, so it's no big deal. But GF used to be my go-to site (even if I lurked more than posted), and I did enjoy the more general mix of that forum. I wish the current mods the best of luck in achieving that again.

Ps: I'm not trying to whine. Just explaining where my personal perception of GF "bias" originated and why I gradually stopped going there. (Though I may have logged in this morning to see if I was banned. Laughing)
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly2 6/27/2013, 10:16 pm

opals wrote:

I'll address this, since I brought it up. You may not publicize warnings, but I'm pretty sure it's policy to edit/delete offensive comments, so it's not exactly difficult to tell.

To be fair, I never reported the person. However, a mod was actively posting in that thread at the time. The comment was never edited/removed.  I have a hard time believing that it wasn't seen by at least 1 mod, but maybe they didn't read every post.

Honestly, I'm a big girl. Some Darren stan getting her panties in a twist, because I dared to suggest he wasn't exactly the youngest looking member of the cast isn't going to bother me all that much. If it did, I would have reported it. I can tolerate some internet troll telling me  I'm "ridiculous" and to "get my eyes checked".

What did bother me was getting a warning a few days later for saying something stupid like "I may just throw something if Sue starts worshipping Blaine, too." in response to the Sue going after Blaine for the Cheerios storyline. That was "borderline bashing" and my comment was edited. (Yes, when I received the warning the mod even said it more "borderline" than actual bashing.) That screamed double standard to me.

But since we apparently have spies here, just waiting for the opportunity to report us, I'm sure my comment got reported by multiple Blaine minions salivating at the thought of silencing anyone who dare be critical. (Why else would they bother to spy here, of all places?)

I'm more comfortable posting here now, so it's no big deal. But GF used to be my go-to site (even if I lurked more than posted), and I did enjoy the more general mix of that forum. I wish the current mods the best of luck in achieving that again.

Ps: I'm not trying to whine. Just explaining where my personal perception of GF "bias" originated and why I gradually stopped going there. (Though I may have logged in this morning to see if I was banned. Laughing)

When was that incident? And yes, it is policy to do that, I didn't mean you couldn't see if it was edited/deleted, but was strictly talking about official warnings. But again, the mod team is quite different now than it was just a year, year and a half ago, so idk might be different for you.

Nowadays we very rarely warn just for one comment. We edit/delete stuff all the time and that's that. If we feel it is a recurring issue we may issue a warning, and even then usually for first-timers we issue an unofficial warning first letting them know if it happens again it will turn into an official. A member gets 5 official warnings before a ban (as you saw today, there is a case for instaban, if it's bashing of the forum/its members).

In the last few months there's been literally no one reporting tons of posts on GF or every critical thing of anyone. Also I know you're not trying to whine, I appreciate the explanation. As I said, I'm sorry that you had an unfortunate time a while ago, but I can only speak to how the forum is at present.

Molly2
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 10:27 pm

I do find it strange that it seems to be the Blarren stans that do the spying, but the ones from the other fandoms most probably can't be bothered or aren't aware of this forum. Rolling Eyes

But I do appreciate these two mods coming here to have a proper discussion. bisou

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 10:37 pm

Someone on tumblr was saying that Chris and Will broke up, but the link she gave was to RickRolled Youtube link.

She was trolling, which I guessed, saying she saw proof on one of Will's friends Facebook pages.

I don't know whether find this funny or not.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2013, 11:54 pm

chris can date/breakup w/ anybody he wants and it's non of anybody else's business.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next